Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. (20324 Views)

How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer / Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering / How Much Does It Cost To Register An Enterprises In CAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Akbee(m): 6:51am On Jul 06, 2014
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) has
been named in an alleged directorship
registration and forgery scandal involving a
multi-billion Naira firm.
Three suspects – Mrs. Eunice Odirri and
Mr. Sunny Esiso, both children of the
owner of the firm, the late Chief E.A. Esiso,
and a lawyer, Mr. Wilfred Okoli – were said
to have been held and interrogated, last
week, by the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of
the police in connection with the alleged
scandal.
The suspects were, however, granted bail
while the SFU operatives were believed to
be after their alleged collaborators in CAC.
SFU sources told Sunday Vanguard the
suspects may be arraigned before a
Magistrate Court in Warri, Delta State, this
week, on charges relating to fraud and
forgery concerning the registration of new
directors for Gateway Estates Limited, the
company with substantial real estate
holdings across the country, particularly in
Warri, and founded by the late Esiso. Esiso
and his wife, Mrs. Iketiti Esiso, were the
sole directors of the company.
Esiso’s passage in 2011, according to a
petition by his first son, Y. Esiso, and
upon which the SFU is acting, left Gateway
Estates Limited with one director and
hence the need to appoint at least one
more director to the company’s board.
Consequently, the family, in the petition to
the Commissioner of Police, SFU, Milverton
Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, dated February 15,
2014, headed to a Delta State High Court,
sitting in Effurun, which granted Esiso’s
first son and the eldest daughter as
interim administrators of his estate.
The duo then approached the CAC to
request that they be allowed to appoint
new directors to the board of their father’s
multi billion Naira firm. This, the petition
claimed, became necessary because the
passing of their father had left the
company with only one director, in
contravention of the legal requirement of a
minimum of two directors.
The petition said: “The CAC rejected their
request on the grounds that an order from
a state court does not suffice to command
the compliance of CAC. CAC insisted that
the duo must go to yet another court, this
time the Federal High Court, to get an
order for an extraordinary general meeting.
The strident objection of Barrister Ama
Etuwewe, acting for the court appointed
administrators to the illegality of this
peremptory command, did not sway CAC
from her flagrant contempt of an order of
court”.
Nevertheless, the interim administrators
reportedly instructed their counsel to
approach the Federal High Court for the
further order as insisted upon by the CAC.
“In January 2013, the Federal High Court,
sitting in Abuja, granted the said order,
subsequent upon which an extra ordinary
general meeting was summoned by the
administrators at which resolutions were
passed and adopted and a list of new
Board members nominated and forwarded
to CAC”, the petition stated.
But to the amazement of the
administrators and their lawyers, CAC
allegedly rejected the administrators’ list of
directors mandated by the Federal High
Court order!
The petition alleged: “When pressed, they
refused to give reasons for their second,
more egregious contempt of court but a
quick perusal of the files of CAC revealed
that while CAC was sending the
administrators on a wild goose chase for
more court orders, they had proceeded
with the acceptance of a list of directors
from one Barrister Wilfred Okoli of C84,
Banex Plaza, Wuse 11, acting for the duo
of Mrs Eunice Oddiri and Mr. Sunny Esiso,
siblings and the fifth and sixth children of
the late Chief Esiso.
“Ostensibly, CAC accepted the list from this
duo on the basis of a form purported to
be signed by the sole surviving director,
Mrs Iketiti Esiso, and one Mr. Anthony
Chikwendu, who had acted as Company
Secretary at the time of formation of
GateWay Estates Ltd. in March 1973, 41
years ago.
“Meanwhile, the interim administrators had
made spirited efforts to locate Mr. Anthony
Chikwendu many years prior, had
established the fact that he had been
deceased for over a decade and had
consequently proceeded to the court option
for the summoning of an extra ordinary
general meeting”.
A family source said: “When the name of
Mr. Anthony Chikwendu was appended to
the April 2013 form and when, on
examination, it was discovered that the
name was incorrectly spelt and the affixed
signature suspected to be forgery, the
case was reported to the Special Fraud
Unit of the police”.
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Akbee(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by sammieguze(m): 7:01am On Jul 06, 2014
Money......
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by NaLaugh: 7:02am On Jul 06, 2014
Not a very interesting story.

9 Likes

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by tolu4you: 7:03am On Jul 06, 2014
in three weeks time it will go down, thats all
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by smudge2079(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2014
The luv of money... May God forgive dem all
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by etochi11(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2014
I wish you guys a happy and fruitful sunday

1 Like

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Akbee(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2014
mawning mods!u just made my day great...by the way,my prayer goes out to big bro seun over the lost of virtually all data on nairaland..he shud just tk heart oh n not lv the forum in the hands of careless personnels in the future.i no say dem don folow hack my system too..last month was a gud month for hackers..
by the way,for those of who think that the above abbreviation i.e CAC stands for Christ the Apostolic Church,where r ur brain cells..mk una no vex me dis mawning oh.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by buoye1(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2014
A poor guy stole 37,000, he was sentenced 7yrs in jail....d rich are stealing billions of naira nd goin scot free.......diaris god

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by bankyblue(m): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2014
I fear o, I think say na my church, Christ Apostolic Church CAC.

Anyway CAC buliding in Abuja iS another Oluwole of lagos, where any sh*it can be done

1 Like

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 06, 2014
As usual
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by justi4jesu(f): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2014
OK
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by greatgod2012(f): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2014
You this mods na wa for you o, and you made me think it was Christ Apostolic Church you're talking about until i opened the thread, abeg, modify the title to avoid mix-up jare...... grin

9 Likes

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by jibbish(m): 7:10am On Jul 06, 2014
Spreads Mat........

Same old story.
Mind u I don't want Trespassers
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by DickDastardly(m): 7:11am On Jul 06, 2014
Money........Tearing families apart since creation of the world!
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by IYANGBALI: 7:11am On Jul 06, 2014
etochi11: I wish you guys a happy and fruitful sunday
na who beeg you?mtcheeeeew
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Akbee(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=Na Laugh]Not a very interesting story.[/quote
na soo i see am too.by the way,una get light for there mk i cum charge battery..fuel no dey our *i beta pass mr femi my hopeless neighbour* gen..
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 06, 2014
The love of money is the beginning of wisdom..
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by aktolly54(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2014
when i first saw the topic,I thought it was Christ Apostolic Church. Thank God it is something else
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Ptoocool(m): 7:19am On Jul 06, 2014
buoye1: A poor guy stole 37,000, he was sentenced 7yrs in jail....d rich r stil billions of naira nd goin scot free.......diaris god

Na 9ja we dey oo..
9ja, wia d rich has it all..

Just wait till we chanqe our name to airegin
Thinqs qon take α new look then..
Ah mean everythinq will turn around 4 both d poor and d rich..
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by mygem: 7:22am On Jul 06, 2014
It getting obvious in nigeria that leaving properties for your children is like leaving a bone in the midst of many dogs.if I am correct the man stayed in the mortuary for over 2yrs because the children were fighting over his properties.lesson is build in their names or sell all before you die an d leave the cash in their accounts.i

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Decapo: 7:26am On Jul 06, 2014
Abeg who get sugar there
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Beehshorp(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2014
what should we do? interfere in their business

NO i wont
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Justiyke4u: 7:42am On Jul 06, 2014
Na Laugh: Not a very interesting story.
is as interesting as any other story u can read CAC being a commission established by a law(CAMA) to take care of business registration in Nigeria cannot just violet an established procedure. Such a flagrant rape of court orders is worth looking into
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by jeamie(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2014
Nawa oo...Nigerians and money sad angry
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2014
tolu4you: in three weeks time it will go down, thats all

Three weeks? That's a very long time. It will be in the news ( TV, radio, newspaper ) for 2days, then it won't be heard of anymore.

I cry for my country!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Provie(m): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2014
After all said and done, the complainants and the suspects substantially are one family members, so the case is a family affair (irrespective of the criminal dimension). It should be sorted out amicably for future's sake.
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by MillionDollars: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2014
Trouble over trouble everyday in dis country!!
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by MarilynNash(f): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2014
Well, according to Mr president, theft isn't corruption. embarassed
Bonne Dimanche tout le monde.
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2014
Modern occurrences suggest that you build your own church in your heart and mind.

While you are commanded to fellowship with brothers, go to church but never be surprised when you are told your pastor is a. Fraud star, has a girlfriend, or fights aggressively whenever he is driving on Lagos road and there were issues.

Never be surprised people at what our politicians do to poor citizens too.

It's well. Read my signature.
Re: Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. by decode55(m): 8:00am On Jul 06, 2014
well, its Nigeria folks. Don't act surprised undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins / Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / How To Become Dstv Dealer,Distributor And Installer- By Fellow Nairalander!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.