Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

My Photo Diary - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary (23521 Views)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / My Photo Manipulation(s)!!! / Photo Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary by Michyeddy(f): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lovely pictures...funny set of people on nairaland #smh#...
Re: My Photo Diary by datguru: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
The Nigeria we know
Re: My Photo Diary by technophile(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
tobtap:
slowpoke!!!!!!!
TFY!!
Re: My Photo Diary by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
erad: The Nigerian hero, an everyday hustler giving himself a break.
an oscar for this nigga. Everything else gat me like undecided
Re: My Photo Diary by naijaboiy: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
very cool pics cool
Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
50calibre: Most of these heavily edited photos give the impression of lagos as a first world city. The reality is a far cry from these.

It's necessary to show the different sides so we can really put things into perspective.

See below, the other side of lagos
Hard life!!
nigga. Old pictures.... Most of those areas have been fixed

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
50calibre: 1 - A well deserved bath after a long day

2 - Everyday hustle & bustle

3 - All work and no play makes jack a dull boy
oloriburuku somebody. Stop uploading old pictures to derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
It's a cool thread. Shut up
technophile: @OP, please how much did you pay the mods to get this meg sucking thread to the front pages, cos there are more sensible, less megabytes sucking thread out there that are waiting for the mods approval to make the FP.
Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
dont8: As if the so called first world don't have their own ghettos, mtshew.

This is your Heaven (America)

is this the only ghetto in America?
All the people I see trying to discredit America use this same picture.
Says a lot huh?

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by dont8(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
You didn't see that coming about your heaven on earth, right? undecided
cococandy: is this the only ghetto in America?
Says a lot huh?

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by daveP(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice
Re: My Photo Diary by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thorerah: 5th Photo: Ikoyi-Lekki suspension bridge by sundown
Photographed by: Kitchenbutterfly

6th Photo: Lekki-Ikoyi suspension bridge
Photographed by: Robanda

7th Photo: Lekki-Ikoyi suspension bridge by night
Photographed by: Chyder5photography

Lovely
Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
I've seen that picture plenty times.
It means that ghettos must be so hard to find if that's all the disparagers can find to discredit america with.

Meanwhile it looks almost like the cities of nigeria. tongue
dont8: You didn't see that coming about your heaven on earth, right? undecided

Heaven on earth? You bet.
I pray I get the chance to leave this country soooon. Sooner than soon sef.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
So much for d finetuning of d pictures before uploading dem. Y can't we av real pictures wifout effects added 2 dem. Pictures are meant to express reality not vagueness
Re: My Photo Diary by internetpo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ Theorerah

lovely pixs u gat here. so unfortunate that some ppl dnt appreciate aesthetics n arts like this. U do photography as a hobby or Profession.
would love to see u in one of these pixs. sure you lovely too. wink

To all those slow pokes out here posting irrelevant pizs and trying to derail this thread in the name of balanced view. U need to take your meds, like seriously. You know urself sad

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by TonySpike: 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
A view of the South African city of Durban from Africa's premier University for scholarship.
Photo by ProfessorX

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by dont8(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
I would have posted more pics for your viewing sake, but I don't want to deviate and derail the beauty of this thread further. The point is, the way you portray your country, the same way others will see it.
cococandy: I've seen that picture plenty times.
It means that ghettos must be so hard to find if that's all the disparagers can find to discredit america with.

That is Sambisa tongue
Meanwhile it looks almost like the cities of nigeria. tongue

Hey, start going this night so to know how many of us that is remaining to fix our country tongue undecided
Heaven on earth? You bet.
I pray I get the chance to leave this country soooon. Sooner than soon sef.
Re: My Photo Diary by mekuzee1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Look how lagos looks beautiful on camera..Eko oni baje oooo
Re: My Photo Diary by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
These shots are amazing. Nice photos BTW.

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
In other words,it is better to praise the slums of Nigeria so that outsiders will have a pseudo nice image of our country than to speak up about it so that the govt can do something right?
Even with all the wealth we live like paupers here and you're more concerned about keeping up appearances than rooting to fix the problem

Joke.
Deluded.

Keep up the image laundering ok? Let those who are actually concerned say something.

Anyway I agree that this one is a nice thread but it doesn't change the truth.
Bye
dont8: I would have posted more pics for your viewing sake, but I don't want to deviate and derail the beauty of this thread further. The point is, the way you portray your country, the same way others will see it.

That is Sambisa tongue

Hey, start going this night so to know how many of us that is remaining to fix our country tongue undecided
Re: My Photo Diary by Originalsly: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm...I was expecting to see pictures taken out by Nlndrs...not ones pulled from the internet.
Re: My Photo Diary by dont8(m): 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I know our country is bad bla bla bla; even here in Ikeja, there is a ghetto at the centre of Alausa and we all see the the ghettos around us everyday.

But once in a while we should portray the beautiful side of our country, it doesn't have to be all about negative aspect everytime. I know there is a trend and culture of Nairaland that you can counter a thread by opening another. So I expect another thread to be opened to counter this one, it can be called 'My Photo Diary: Other Side Of Lagos' and you back it up with pictures from the slums.

I've seen lots of pictures depicting Lagos as a ghetto anyway (especially the documentary BBC did), I'm tired of seeing that!
cococandy: In other words,it is better to praise the slums of Nigeria so that outsiders will have a pseudo nice image of our country than to speak up about it so that the govt can do something right?
Even with all the wealth we live like paupers here and you're more concerned about keeping up appearances than rooting to fix the problem

Joke.
Deluded.

Keep up the image laundering ok? Let those who are actually concerned say something.

Anyway I agree that this one is a nice thread but it doesn't change the truth.
Bye
Re: My Photo Diary by Skylee(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
I never knew dt my country is dis beautiful. I know Nigeria will be fully developed one day.
Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
cococandy: is this the only ghetto in America?
Says a lot huh?
there are far too much slums In America. In Queens, Baltimore, Detroit, etc but they don't snap the picture and upload on the in the Internet like we love to do here.
America has more gettos than any country in Africa #fact

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ok
dont8: Don't get me wrong, I know our country is bad bla bla bla; even here in Ikeja, there is a ghetto at the centre of Alausa and we all see the the ghettos around us everyday.

But once in a while we should portray the beautiful side of our country, it doesn't have to be all about negative aspect everytime. I know there is a trend and culture of Nairaland that you can counter a thread by opening another. So I expect another thread to be opened to counter this one, it can be called 'My Photo Diary: Other Side Of Lagos' and you back it up with pictures from the slums.

I've seen lots of pictures depicting Lagos as a ghetto anyway (especially the documentary BBC did), I'm tired of seeing that!
Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
dont8: Don't get me wrong, I know our country is bad bla bla bla; even here in Ikeja, there is a ghetto at the centre of Alausa and we all see the the ghettos around us everyday.

the part that annoys me most is the fact that these same idiotas are quick put up pictures and documentaries about the bad side of any place in Nigeria or Africa, but once the government responds to it and fixed it.. They ignore it and never publicize the good part.

E.g, Oshodi and ajegunle use to be a giant slum but the government fixed the area but till today, these motherfuvckaz still upload the pictures of old Oshodi to smear lagos whenever someone comes up with positive side of lagos....

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2014
smiley
UrbanMystique: there are far too much slums In America. In Queens, Baltimore, Detroit, etc but they don't snap the picture and upload on the in the Internet like we love to do here.
Re: My Photo Diary by dont8(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2014
My sentiment exactly, we never get to see most of their ghettos but we are quick to show ours and you don't want them to call you slum dwellers, smh. Rome wasn't built in a day is a fact (Oshodi and Lagos Island comes to mind).
UrbanMystique: there are far too much slums In America. In Queens, Baltimore, Detroit, etc but they don't snap the picture and upload on the in the Internet like we love to do here.
Re: My Photo Diary by Youpele52: 12:55am On Jul 11, 2014
Beautiful and picturesque

In other news man city and Liverpool battles to sign Onazi

www.nairaland.com/1807941/man-city-liverpool-chase-onazi#24601308
Re: My Photo Diary by LyfeJennings(m): 1:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Thorerah: Photo : Cathedral Church of Christ
Photography by : Me

I saw a picture of it on Instagram and felt I would like to have a picture of it of MY OWN. So I went to the Marina and took the picture with my phone camera. I do crazy stuff like that sometimes smiley

Apparently, U are an amateur. What phone do you use? U shouldn't have edited using Hue. Well,I love the way U look. I'm crushed on U
Re: My Photo Diary by kobonaire(m): 1:50am On Jul 11, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
You try small.
Some places are only beautiful at night!
night fall and night lighting indeed has it's own beauty .... of course when NEPA decides to cooperate that is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum / Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha's Art Works (Basket Mouth's Brother) / Ghana's Fantasy Coffins: Taking The Final Journey In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.