Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Who Really Killed Goliath? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Killed Goliath? (617 Views)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / Who Really Killed Jesus? / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Killed Goliath? by Madu100t(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2014
The Bible is "Infallible" as credited, so questions are not meant to discredit the infallibilty rather for teaching and learning purposes.
On this note i ask who killed Goliath?
1 samuel 17:50-51 record that David killd Goliath and its been a strory been told us ryt frm childhood,
but same Bible record in the book of "2 sam 21:19-20 NKJV" dat Elhanan son of Jair kill Goliath, other bible translation of same 2 sam 21 say Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath, durin a war in Gob. Now my questin is
who really killed Goliath?
Happy sunday to u all

1 Like

Re: Who Really Killed Goliath? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2014
Madu100t: The Bible is "Infallible" as credited, so questions are not meant to discredit the infallibilty rather for teaching and learning purposes.
On this note i ask who killed Goliath?
1 samuel 17:50-51 record that David killd Goliath and its been a strory been told us ryt frm childhood,
but same Bible record in the book of "2 sam 21:19-20 NKJV" dat Elhanan son of Jair kill Goliath, other bible translation of same 2 sam 21 say Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath, durin a war in Gob. Now my questin is
who really killed Goliath?
Happy sunday to u all

It happens bruv.. errors in story-telling due to the fact that as the story evolves over generations, someone tells it slightly differently.. the fact is Goliath existed and he was killed.. who is not important grin there are many stories or error like this in the Bible.. it is the value you should be concerned of, the moral lessons and spiritual purpose.. abi?

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Killed Goliath? by lomprico(m): 11:56am On Jul 06, 2014
voltron:

It happens bruv.. errors in story-telling due to the fact that as the story evolves over generations, someone tells it slightly differently.. the fact is Goliath existed and he was killed.. who is not important grin there are many stories or error like this in the Bible.. it is the value you should be concerned of, the moral lessons and spiritual purpose.. abi?

1 Like

Re: Who Really Killed Goliath? by sohl7(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
Let me start from the same book of II samuel 21:18-22. The Goliaths were known as the GIANT FAMILY in verse 22. In verse 18-Sibbechai slew Saph (the second giant that was slew in a battle). In v19,Elhanan also slew the brother of Goliath (the third giant) in v21 David's brother,Jonathan,slew the fourth and last giant who was described as having 6 fingers on each hands and foot (making it 24 in number). The Goliath's family (the giants) were killed by the David's family....don't be confused when some bible refer to them as DAVID.

(1) (Reply)

When Will The Euroeans Accept A Black Jesus / A Thread To Share Your Past Life Story And How You Got Born Again / Ten Obvious Reasons Why Islam Is NOT A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.