Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? (3427 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Benefits Of Paying Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by lalasticlalaa: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
I was in church today at my branch of Redeem Christian Church of God.and the sermon touched me.
I haven't been paying my tithe since although I don't really earn much.
But the sermon centred on giving.
So I have made up my mind to start paying my tithe complete from next Sunday.

So I want nairalanders to please tell me the benefits of tithing.
Thanks.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
You keep the church alive so you have somewhere to go to on Sundays.

Lonely soul. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Just a superstitious belief that if you give "God" money, it will yield interests and you'll get rich.
But, if you do not give him, He'll send "devourers" to hunt you.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by mmsen: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Your pastor will be able to send his children to a more expensive school.

Your pastor will be able to purchase a new jeep for his wife - to match the one that he has.

Your pastor will be able to expand his wardrobe.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
lalasticlalaa: I was in church today at my branch of Redeem Christian Church of God.and the sermon touched me.

Thanks.

The tithe ordinance has been done away with and as a christian you are not supposed to tithe even though a lot of churches preach tithing for their selfish reasons. To you as a believer there is absolutely no benefit in paying tithes. That said, I would still encourage you to give generously as you purpose in your heart to your church and the less priviledge around you.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Pastor Kun:

That said, I would still encourage you to give generously as you purpose in your heart to your church and the less priviledge around you.

This is all the message there should be, religions cause commotion.

Kindness!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Ethereal0110(f): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Go and read malachi 3:8, they would have mention that verse during that sermon wink
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Demainman1: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
If you pay tithe, your pastor bank account will be FAT grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Weah96: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Offering a small fowl as a sacrifice is sure to appease any God, including yours. Is the monthly tithe greater than the price of one fowl?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
lalasticlalaa: I was in church today at my branch of Redeem Christian Church of God.and the sermon touched me.

Thanks.

Maybe you should ask your pastor when and where did

1. Jesus preach a sermon on tithing. I would appreciate it if he doesn't mention Mathew 23:23, where Jesus mentioned tithing as a Jewish practise in passing.

2. Paul, Peter or any of the other apostles preach a message on tithing.

So why is he preaching on tithing?

For a brief study on why you shouldn't tithe today, refer to www.yesufu..com/2014/03/the-due-order-tithe-is-defined.html?m=1

That article is the first of a seven series on tithing. You may study them at your leisure.

For a thorough understanding of where the error of tithing originated from, follow this ongoing discuss on Word of Faith www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks.

@OP,

Tithing is thanking God for His goodness in your life as you dedicate a portion of your increase in obedience to His command.

Everywhere you see in scripture on tithing, God would have blessed or increased them before people even bring of it to Him. Every giving is accepted by man even if it is given to God. Your alms, offerings, donations etc are all received through man but the heart is the key thing.

1. Abraham gave tithes and in the next chapter God appeared to him, after those things, reaffirming his blessings and security. This was a man who wasn't even commanded but had it written in His heart to appreciate and honour God and His servant. In conjunction with the work of his hands and other obedience to God, he kept on being blessed. Genesis 15.

2. There is no how you give what you don't have. tithing is a sign of increase already. For your ability to give your tithe shows you are blessed and this is a form of giving that God even said as we obey we can prove Him to open the windows of heaven to pour our more blessings on us. Now those blessings are poured on something,  you don't give and fold your hands and that is with respect to any format of giving anyway.  God blesses more and more our work and brings great abundance our way.

In 2 Chronicles,  even the Levites admitted the people had been blessed when they saw all they brought. They gave received gave...that is the cycle. 

3. Any time we obey the Word of God we have peace,  favour and cycle of blessing. Jesus said tithe should be practised in love, mercy and fairness. This was something the whole nation was doing so he had to tell them the right way to do it. So keep your heart guarded and renewed in Christ with a heart of love whenever we give. Matthew 23:23

4. Those in God's service who serve faithfully and the continuous needs in the church are met through such giving. They are encouraged and serve. It is from there they get their wages. And is a form of provision  for them.  We encourage them as well when we do this. 2 Chron. 31:4; 1 Cor. 9:7-14; 2 Corinthians 11:8

5. It helps in advancing the kingdom as we channel our funds as one of the minute ways of  seeking first his Kingdom and He keeps adding more and more to us. It is just one of the principles of the Kingdom. Some people go to places we can't go to spread the word and are funded through such giving.

6. It's the least we can even do in giving if we compare it to  the early church sold their property and brought it to the apostles feet for sharing to all who had needs including them hence they did not lack. That's the whole 100%. Now add a right heart, not like Ananais who could as well not have given anyway if he didn't want to.

7. The Lord acknowledges all giving in His name and as Jesus said GIVE...he didnt have to qualify it, whether alms, offerings, tithes...give unto the Lord. The measure we give, we receive from God. These are clear principles. Luke 6:38-39; 2 Cor.9:6-7.

Since you have purposed to give your tithe, do it unto the Lord as He directs you.

What does God bless?  Belief, obedience and a right heart. 

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by daveP(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tithing is very valid for the giver/doer,bible have many examples and mentions of tithing.

Now to why the Jews arent practicing it presently,making it not compulsory doesnt mean its d end.its cos the focal point(the Temple) isnt there now.but Zechariah's prophecy speaks about a time when ' all the earth shall bring their tithes to Jerusalem' (Feast of the Tabernacles)
we cant jst brush it aside like that cos it still carry the same guidelines jst like oldtimes.so its still and very valid /compulsory!!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Weah96: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tithing is an attempt to purchase favor from God by giving cash money to some guy who claims to have his phone number.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: Tithing is very valid for the giver/doer,bible have many examples and mentions of tithing.

Now to why the Jews arent practicing it presently,making it not compulsory doesnt mean its d end.its cos the focal point(the Temple) isnt there now.but Zechariah's prophecy speaks about a time when ' all the earth shall bring their tithes to Jerusalem' (Feast of the Tabernacles)
we cant jst brush it aside like that cos it still carry the same guidelines jst like oldtimes.so its still and very valid /compulsory!!

Contrary to your assertion, tithing as it is practiced today is not biblical. Do not give because of any commandment (second Corinthians 8:8, 10; 9:7). Only farm produce from farmers are supposed to be used for tithe. The farmers must reside in Israel.Leviticus 27:30-33,

God doesn’t need us to give Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11 )

Deuteronomy 14:23 23 EAT the tithe....

The bible never ordered anyone to tithe. If you are still in doubt check the following verse and it may become clearer:

Deuteronomy 14:24-26 But if that place is too distant.... 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall EAT there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

You know why the Jews abandoned tithes? Because only the Levites are supposed to collect tithes.◄ Numbers 18:21 ►

In exchange for receiving tithes, both Levites and priests forfeited all rights to permanent land inheritance inside Israel (Num 18:20-26; Deu 12:12; 14:27, 29; 18:1, 2; Josh 13:14, 33; 14:3; 18:7; Eze 44:28).

The Levites are unfortunately one of the lost tribes of Israel. The Christian pastors that collect tithes are charlatans.

The churches have tragically sold out to THE LOVE OF MONEY (1st Timothy 6:10)

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2014
omonuan:

Contrary to your assertion, tithing as it is practiced today is not biblical. Do not give because of any commandment (second Corinthians 8:8, 10; 9:7). Only farm produce from farmers are supposed to be used for tithe. The farmers must reside in Israel.Leviticus 27:30-33,

God doesn’t need us to give Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11b )

The bible never ordered anyone to tithe. If you are still in doubt check the following verse and it may become clearer:

Deuteronomy 14:24-26 But if that place is too distant.... 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall EAT there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

You know why the Jews abandoned tithes? Because only the Levites are supposed to collect tithes.

In exchange for receiving tithes, both Levites and priests forfeited all rights to permanent land inheritance inside Israel (Num 18:20-26; Deu 12:12; 14:27, 29; 18:1, 2; Josh 13:14, 33; 14:3; 18:7; Eze 44:28).

The Levites are unfortunately one of the lost tribes of Israel. The Christian pastors that collect tithes are charlatans.

Succint wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by kuss: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2014
Op, you have nothing to lose by paying your tithe
one thing i ve come to realize is that you can not outgive God
I pay my tithe and give offering regularly and I ve never lacked
if people in my office we earn the same salary borrow from me
don't be deceived by anyone
follow your heart pay your tithe what 90% can not do even 100% cannot do it

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Omexonomy: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2014
Alwaystrue:

@OP,

Tithing is thanking God for His goodness in your life as you dedicate a portion of your increase in obedience to His command.

Everywhere you see in scripture on tithing, God would have blessed or increased them before people even bring of it to Him. Every giving is accepted by man even if it is given to God. Your alms, offerings, donations etc are all received through man but the heart is the key thing.

1. Abraham gave tithes and in the next chapter God appeared to him, after those things, reaffirming his blessings and security. This was a man who wasn't even commanded but had it written in His heart to appreciate and honour God and His servant. In conjunction with the work of his hands and other obedience to God, he kept on being blessed. Genesis 15.

2. There is no how you give what you don't have. tithing is a sign of increase already. For your ability to give your tithe shows you are blessed and this is a form of giving that God even said as we obey we can prove Him to open the windows of heaven to pour our more blessings on us. Now those blessings are poured on something,  you don't give and fold your hands and that is with respect to any format of giving anyway.  God blesses more and more our work and brings great abundance our way.

In 2 Chronicles,  even the Levites admitted the people had been blessed when they saw all they brought. They gave received gave...that is the cycle. 

3. Any time we obey the Word of God we have peace,  favour and cycle of blessing. Jesus said tithe should be practised in love, mercy and fairness. This was something the whole nation was doing so he had to tell them the right way to do it. So keep your heart guarded and renewed in Christ with a heart of love whenever we give. Matthew 23:23

4. Those in God's service who serve faithfully and the continuous needs in the church are met through such giving. They are encouraged and serve. It is from there they get their wages. And is a form of provision  for them.  We encourage them as well when we do this. 2 Chron. 31:4; 1 Cor. 9:7-14; 2 Corinthians 11:8

5. It helps in advancing the kingdom as we channel our funds as one of the minute ways of  seeking first his Kingdom and He keeps adding more and more to us. It is just one of the principles of the Kingdom. Some people go to places we can't go to spread the word and are funded through such giving.

6. It's the least we can even do in giving if we compare it to  the early church sold their property and brought it to the apostles feet for sharing to all who had needs including them hence they did not lack. That's the whole 100%. Now add a right heart, not like Ananais who could as well not have given anyway if he didn't want to.

7. The Lord acknowledges all giving in His name and as Jesus said GIVE...he didnt have to qualify it, whether alms, offerings, tithes...give unto the Lord. The measure we give, we receive from God. These are clear principles. Luke 6:38-39; 2 Cor.9:6-7.

Since you have purposed to give your tithe, do it unto the Lord as He directs you.

God bless.
i disagree with 80% of what you wrote. Abraham tithed from looties and booties to melchizedek. And going by that logic we are to tithe from looties and booties or else God will not bless us

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Gombs(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
Alwaystrue:

@OP,

Everywhere you see in scripture on tithing, God would have blessed or increased them before people even bring of it to Him. Every giving is accepted by man even if it is given to God. Your alms, offerings, donations etc are all received through man but the heart is the key thing.j

God bless.

Standing ovation
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by nora544: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2014
Alwaystrue:

@OP,

God bless.

Why nigerian Pastors are rich, why you never hear from nigerian churches what they make for the poor, the widow, the people in need!
Yesterday I saw in my country a documentation from the caritas (a catholic organisation it is also in nigeria)who help poor children in Senegal, also children who are not christian, why you will never hear something about this in Nigeria.
I know from a friend he work with the SOS childvillages also in Nigeria that they never get any money from thid new churches for help.
SOS christian childvillages is in over 133 countries in the world to help the poor and the founder of this organisation was a real christian Herman Gmeiner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Gmeiner. SOS means "Save our souls" this person is a real christian.
"All the best in the world happens only if a does more than he needs to do. The good that I do not, no one can do for me." - Quoted in Federal educational institution for kindergarten teachers Mureck

"Only when we share, we have peace in the world. Learning the peace, which is nothing more than learn to share."

I give my tithe to such an organisation because I know somke kids will have a better futur and that is what it means a good heart not fill the pocket of this fake pastors from this new churches, who like to have their own jet, and that is not like a real christian should be.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:03am On Jul 08, 2014
Omexonomy: i disagree with 80% of what you wrote. Abraham tithed from looties and booties to melchizedek. And going by that logic we are to tithe from looties and booties or else God will not bless us

Maybe you should have disagreed with her 100%.

I would not be surprised if Alwsystrue was actually responding to me and not the OP, seeing that she used the same manner of numeration I used, responded immediately after I did, and seem to only return to nl anytime I have something to say on tithing.

The summary of her submission is this:

1. Tithe in thanksgiving to God.

2. Tithe as an expression of a right heart.

3. Tithe as a minimum.

4. Tithe in obedience to God.

5. Tithe so you may have peace.

6. Tithe to enjoy blessings.

7. Tithe to provide for the needs of ministers.

None of which has any support of scripture. We must continually watch for doctrines and practices that we promulgate based on needs or sentiments, rather than on sound sound scriptural evidences. Tithing is definitely one of these. I start with the first point above:

1. When you read the story of Abram tithing, you certainly can conclude and call it thanksgiving. But when God instituted tithing as a law, was it also thanksgiving? Even Malachi 3 shows us that tithing was a duty under the law and not a form of thanksgiving.

2. Tithing as an expression of a right heart is a very unscriptural way of tithing because there is no scripture that teaches this. The truth of the matter is that under the law, the system of giving was tithing, offerings and firstfruits. In the time of grace, this changed to free will giving only. So that 2cor 9:7 teaches giving with a heart of gratitude and with no compulsion. It is this giving that denotes a right heart. Tithing on the other hand nullifies the point in 2 Cor 9:7 bc tithing implies compulsive giving.

3. Tithing as a minimum is another favorite line for tithers and tithe collectors. Again no scripture in the bible teaches this. The disciples gave 100%. But does Acts record they continued to give like this? Does it say if you cannot give 100%, pls give 10%? The answer is no.

4. Truth is that those who tithe their income are actually disobeying God bc no scripture teaches this. God's command was that his holy tithe was to be from fruit of the tree, seed of the land and tenth of the herd, Lev 27:30-33. God never asked anyone for a tenth of salary in the bible. Modern monetary tithing are the invention of men, based on men's doctrine.

5. Alwaystrue always accuses me of lacking peace because I am always available to proffer extinguishers for her tithing doctrines. If people have guilt for not tithing it is bc they had been made to believe a lie for a long time. When the lie is replaced by truth, their peace will return. That is my testimony.

6. Tithing to enjoy blessings is the biggest of all lies. Fortunately, neither Jesus or any of the apostles tithed and they cannot be said to be cursed. Truth is that a new dispensation of grace does not derive blessings from works of the law, rather it gets it from the cross. The fact that you are born again shows you are blessed already. Don't run around looking for what is not lost.

7. The bible records how Christian ministers are to be provide for. Tithing is not one of them. Matthew 10 and Luke 10 records Jesus explaining to ministers he sent out to receive only such as is given to them. In other words they were to live off free will giving. 1 Cor 9 records Paul teaching on ministers rumeneration, he forgot to mention tithes. Rather he harps on free will giving.

Tithing is a Jewish practice that is long obsolete since the cross. Those who teach modern day monetary tithing are thieves and robbers.

The message the OP heard is a message I am conversant with. It is becoming leading topics in charismatic churches today for obvious reasons. We ought to ask these preachers if Jesus preached such and how many times did he emphasise it. There are numerous scriptures in the NT on giving, not one mentioned tithing. Why do we wish to re write the bible?

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by nora544: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Maybe you should have disagreed with her 100%.

I would not be surprised if Alwsystrue was actually responding to me and not the OP, seeing that she used the same manner of numeration I used, responded immediately after I did, and seem to only return to nl anytime I have something to say on tithing.

The summary of her submission is this:

1. Tithe in thanksgiving to God.

2. Tithe as an expression of a right heart.

3. Tithe as a minimum.

4. Tithe in obedience to God.

5. Tithe so you may have peace.

6. Tithe to enjoy blessings.

7. Tithe to provide for the needs of ministers.

None of which has any support of scripture. We must continually watch for doctrines and practices that we promulgate based on needs or sentiments, rather sound sound scriptural evidences. Tithing is definitely one of these. I start with the first point above:

1. When you read the story of Abram tithing, you certainly can conclude and call it thanksgiving. But when God instituted tithing as a law, was it also thanksgiving? Even Malachi 3 shows us that tithing was a duty under the law and not a form of thanksgiving.

2. Tithing as an expression of a right heart is a very unscriptural way of tithing because there is no scripture that teaches this. The truth of the matter is that under the law, the system of giving was tithing, offerings and firstfruits. In the time of grace, this changed to free will giving only. So that 2cor 9:7 teaches giving with a heart of gratitude and with no compulsion. It is giving that denotes a right heart. Tithing on the other hand nullifies the point in 2 Cor 9:7 bc tithing implies compulsive giving.

3. Tithing as a minimum is another favorite line for tithers and tithe collectors. Again no scripture in the bible teaches this. The disciples gave 100%. But does acts record they continued to give like this? Does it say if you cannot give 100%, pls give 10%? The answer is no.

4. Truth is that those who tithe their income are actually disobeying God bc no scripture teaches this. God's command was that his holy tithe was to be from fruit of the tree, seed of the land and tenth of the herd, Lev 27:30-33. God never asked anyone for a tenth of salary in the bible. Modern monetary tithing are the invention of men, based on men's doctrine.

5. Alwaystrue always accuses me of lacking peace because I am always available to proffer extinguishers for her tithing doctrines. If people have guilt for not tithing it is bc they had been made to believe a lie for a long time. When the lie is replaced by truth, their peace will return. That is my testimony.

6. Tithing to enjoy blessings is the biggest of all lies. Fortunately, neither Jesus or any of the apostles tithed and they cannot be said to be cursed. Truth is that a new dispensation of grace does not derive blessings from works of the law, rather it gets it from the cross. The fact that you are born again shows you are blessed already. Don't run around looking for what is not lost.

7. The bible records how Christian ministers are to be provide for. Tithing is not one of them. Matthew 10 and Luke 10 records Jesus explaining to ministers he sent out to receive only such as is given to them. In other words they were to live off free will giving. 1 Cor 9 records Paul teaching on ministers rumeneration, he forgot to mention tithes. Rather he harps on free will giving.

Tithing is a Jewish practice that is long obsolete since the cross. Those who teach modern day monetary tithing are thieves and robbers.

The message the OP heard is a message I am conversant with. It is becoming leading topics in charismatic churches today for obvious reasons. We ought to ask these preachers if Jesus preached such and how many times did he emphasise it. There are numerous scriptures in the NT on giving, not one mentioned tithing. Why do we wish to re write the bible?

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 liks

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Gombs(m): 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
nora544:

Why nigerian Pastors are rich, why you never hear from nigerian churches what they make for the poor, the widow, the people in need!

what have you done so far? undecided

Yesterday I saw in my country a documentation from the chariats who help poor children in Senegal, also children who are not christian, why you will [size=16pt]never [/size]hear something about this in Nigeria.

http://www.theinnercitymission.org/v3/
http://www.theinnercitymissionofchristembassy.org/beta3/partnership.php?partnershipid=project
http://www.christembassy.org/site/ourministry/innercitymission

leave nairaland... and do something, quit whinning
churches are working... notice the plural

I know from a friend he work with the SOS childvillages also in Nigeria that they never get any money from thid new churches for help.

did they reach out to churches and were declined?

SOS christian childvillages is in over 133 countries in the world to help the poor and the founder of this organisation was a real christian Herman Gmeiner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Gmeiner. SOS means "Save our souls" this person is a real christian.

God bless their works

"All the best in the world happens only if a does more than he needs to do. The good that I do not, no one can do for me." - Quoted in Federal educational institution for kindergarten teachers Mureck

Judge thee thyself

"Only when we share, we have peace in the world. Learning the peace, which is nothing more than learn to share."

i say again, judge thou thyself then

I give my tithe to such an organisation

that is not tithing, but free willed donation. God bless you.

because I know somke kids will have a better futur and that is what it means a good heart not fill the pocket of this fake pastors from this new churches, who like to have their own jet, and that is not like a real christian should be.

grin grin

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by nora544: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Gombs:

what have you done so far? undecided

http://www.theinnercitymission.org/v3/
http://www.theinnercitymissionofchristembassy.org/beta3/partnership.php?partnershipid=project
http://www.christembassy.org/site/ourministry/innercitymission

leave nairaland... and do something, quit whinning
churches are working... notice the plural

did they reach out to churches and were declined?

God bless their works

Judge thee thyself

i say again, judge thou thyself then

that is not tithing, but free willed donation. God bless you.

grin grin

I pay for two Kids in this organisation and I have two other kids I help thatt hey can go to school in Kenya

look at the differenc when you go on the homepage

http://www.sos-kdiafme.org/Nigeria/wwh/ucountries.php
SOS childvillage shows where they are in Nigeria where you will find them but I found nothing like this on the homepage of pastorchris why?

SOS childvillages international is also in countries like Niger, Palestina, ........
http://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/where-we-help

all start 1949 with a young guy who was a student for medicine and with the 40$ he had at that time, and he comes out from a christian family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by daveP(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
omonuan:

God doesn’t need us to give Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11 )

You know why the Jews abandoned tithes? Because only the Levites are supposed to collect tithes.◄ Numbers 18:21 ►

The churches have tragically sold out to THE LOVE OF MONEY (1st Timothy 6:10)
pls stay in line with the topic,its nt whether its been overdone and taken advantage of,no its 'is it still valid?'--it is.now we can all agree God owns everything.but il like to ask you:- why do Christian jews still tithe. 2) why do they still teach it to their kids(those in Judaism still do,nt to talk of christian jews) 3) the fact that its baseline is appreciation to God is still valid.if in the millenium it is very much compulsory.why do we consider it oldfashioned(and the reasons we give are:- cos ministers live on it,and are made fat cos of it.nothing more)
Demos shakarian(an amenian jew) and Richard Wurmbrand(a jew likewise) all gave good reasons why tithing is very right for any christian.the fact that minister ride on such,and YET,THE GIVERS are still seeing signs,blessings out of it is quite enough( abeg who no want blessing!) thank you
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by daveP(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Infact the priest were biased by recognizing some who gave very big donations to the levitical work.thus they became 'big men' and its d same process going on nowadays in christianity.if u ask me which il prefer-tithing cos its a tenth,whereas donations have two aspect-freewill donations and scouted donations(more like an auctioning bid)
pastor:-those that can give 50k,pls come forward(when pastor just dey travel go rwanda o,not even solomom's island or malta,or china) pastor:-200k,500k,1million(the breathe that accompanies the way he says it sef).
To me if its not valid(from the giver's view) why does it work extremely perfect for them? The Church has many more stronger things than to debate on Tithing.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Gombs(m): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
nora544:

I pay for two Kids in this organisation and I have two other kids I help thatt hey can go to school in Kenya

Awesome, I like that...but how would you feel if I simply say (either out of ignorance or sheer misinformation) u don't do anything about it, even wen u really are? That’s what u did when you accused Nigerian churches and pastors...

look at the differenc when you go on the homepage

http://www.sos-kdiafme.org/Nigeria/wwh/ucountries.php
SOS childvillage shows where they are in Nigeria where you will find them but I found nothing like this on the homepage of pastorchris why?

My mission is accomplished, and it's letting u know churches and pastors are working and helping the poor around us...now that's why God wants us rich. wink
Meanwhile, if u wana find intercity mission, walk into ANY Christ Embassy Church, or BLW campus Ministry building and sign up or enquire, or simply click the donate button on the page

Besides, there's a contact us button, click it
http://www.theinnercitymission.org/v3/index.php/homepage/contact-us

SOS childvillages international is also in countries like Niger, Palestina, ........
http://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/where-we-help

Inner city mission is present in all thr too, so far there is a CE a church there..we send aid to these places, esp places hostile to the gospel of Christ

all start 1949 with a young guy who was a student for medicine and with the 40$ he had at that time, and he comes out from a christian family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round of applause for him...God bless him.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by nora544: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
Demos shakarian, he is not a armenian jew he belong to the charismatic movement in america,

I found something what is very important he make an organisation and after his death who was the next president of this christian organisation his son and his son meet the president of nigeria and that is what he write about the president

Richard Shakarian Meets The President of Nigeria

FGBMFI International President Richard Shakarian meets with the
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Dr.Goodluck Jonathan

When the president of the nation kneels before you, what do you do? Read the below message by Richard Shakarian, detailing what FGBMFI International President Richard Shakarian did, when the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr.Goodluck Jonathan, knelt before him!

His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Jonathan,
President of Federal Republic of Nigeria
with Richard and Vangie Shakarian
Message by Richard Shakarian
We have just returned from Nigeria

God gave special favor with the President of the Nation, His Excellency Goodluck Jonathan. I found His Excellency to be a great leader and a humble man.

He took me by the hand and led me from a meeting with many people to an inner office.

After talking privately, I offered to pray for him, this great man knelt down in front of me. I immediately got on my knees with him. When I finished praying for him, I asked for him to pray for me.

His Excellency then prayed the most beautiful prayer out of his heart. The only other people in the room included, Vangie, our dear brother John Kennedy Opara, and an aide to the President. We all were so humbled and touched by the prayer of the President. It meant so much to me.

I have had the privilege to meet with him on different occasions. The President has given an invitation for further private meetings.

He treated me like a Head of State furnishing us with security, drivers and the same cars he gave to other Heads of State. Vangie and I were his guest at the Hilton hotel, where for more than a week, we had many private meetings with important people.

I have had the great privilege to meet with more than 20 Heads of State. This God given favor has enabled me to pray with most of them. I thank God for President Goodluck Jonathan. We have found that great men are truly humble men. Nigeria is blessed to have such a President.

http://fgbmfi.net/2010/10/01/richard-shakarian-meets-the-president-of-nigeria/

this words could also be from this so called great man of God in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by Gombs(m): 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
nora544: Demos shakarian, he is not a armenian jew he belong to the charismatic movement in america,

I found something what is very important he make an organisation and after his death who was the next president of this christian organisation his son and his son meet the president of nigeria and that is what he write about the president

this words could also be from this so called great man of God in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit hating on Nigeria grin

Ur obsession now is becoming worrisome. The next stages are depression and high blood pressure...quit hating, start loving
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by nora544: 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
Gombs:

Ur obsession now is becoming worrisome. The next stages are depression and high blood pressure...quit hating, start loving

I dinot hate Nigeria, what I hate is this fake so called great man of God with their jets and their lifestyle what is not christian and also your pastor chris is one of them why he has to live in south africa so that nobody see how many cars he has.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by BabaGnoni: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
nora544 *coughs, coughs*
about Demos Shakarian or Richard Shakarian, all that glitters is not gold.
Enough said.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
BabaGnoni: nora544 *coughs, coughs*
about Demos Shakarian or Richard Shakarian, all that glitters is not gold.
Enough said.

When Mr President is done with Shakarian, he resorts to the Olumba Olumba church. So much for syncretism.

I am not fooled.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? by maestroferddi: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Gombs:

Are you trying to bear some ill-will on this sister or what? You better watch your mouth because the way you carry this Christ Embassy thing on your head is getting rather nauseating. Try call yourself to order...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Spiritual Death? / The Miracle Fish In Nigeria River In Ekiti State / Can This Pastor Succeed Pastor Kumuyi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.