Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438720 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
it took her three weeks of preparation. Linda sat down to analyse her financial status.
Linda moaned in frustration as it occured to her that she had not been saving.
She has a job she loved and the pay was more than enough. A hundred and sixty thousand naira monthly was just fine.
Linda never knew the importance of saving. She had been too extravagant. Shopping had been her hobby. She had never thaught of saving until she had met Tara.
Before Tara's wedding to Jordan, Linda had helped her shopped. She observed how cautious Tara had been in spending.
She had thaught everything through and vow to cut down her spendings and save atleast fifty thousand naira monthly.
That was nine months ago. Now, her account ballance was eight hundred and twenty thousand naira.
She will have to make do with it like that. As she was gradually parking her belongings, Linda spend her every free time with Henry. She began spending her weekends with Henry.
She drove straight to his house on fridays from work and returned to her empty lonely flat on sundays evening.
He had never complained that her visits are too often and she had enjoyed his company.
She wrote her resignation letter and submitted it two days to her departure.
'miss James, what is the meaning of this?'
'I'm sorry sir, but i am not feeling good'
she lied to the managing director. No one needs to tell her that Henry will be informed that she had resigned.
She was already waiting for his questions. That was why she had delayed submiting the letter.
The owner of the company was Henry's friend.
'Linda, you are one of our most valuable agent. Most of our customers demand you supervise their work. It's always miss James or no one else. Now you want to leave?'
mr Jacob Shadrach asked Linda.
'Okay Linda, we will give you a rise of fourty thousand naira'
'thanks sir, but no. My mind is made up'
Linda refused to shift ground.
'are you going through some personal problems?'
He asked her.
'yes sir'
Linda answered almost in tears.
Mr Shadrach stared at her. He won't let go of his most valuable employer. It will tell on the company. He picked the letter and tore it into pieces.
'Linda, you are on two months vacations. Solve whatever problems you have and come back to work'
Linda thanked him and left. It will no good arguing with him.
She packed her personal belongings and bade her secretary goodbye. She told her she will be going on a two months vacation.
'Linda, why were you trying to quit your job?'
Henry asked her the next day. She went to his house for the last time.
'I will tell you about it tomorrow. Right now, all i want is you'
Linda told him as she smiled up at him. Henry wanted to protest, but when she went on her toes and kissed him, he forgot everything.
'today can wait. Tomorrow is soon to come'
He told himself as he surrendered himself to her.
Linda took a last long look at the sleeping man on the bed. She knew that she will never love any man again. Henry is the only man for her.
A tear dropped from her eyes. She walked tearfully to her car.
At home, she packed her clothes, and her personal belongings into her boot.
Henry had bought this flat for her on as a gift. She lucked up the flat and insert the keys into an envelop meant for Tara.
She stopped at at the Nicholas mansion and handed over the envelop to the security man. The letter was addressed to mrs Tara Nicholas.
Linda had earlia opened another account and transfered her money into it.
She drove away from Abuja and recalled that there is something she ought to do.
She removed her sim cards and splitted them into two then threw them out of the window.
Her blackberry phones went thesame way. She began the four hours trip to kogi state.
She made a mental note to let her father know that she was no longer residing in Abuja.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
When u try running away from your problems they run after to hunt you down

Return Linda... running won't solve the issue at hand

Tiffany nice update up there. . I'm pretty sure Linda will come back within the 2 months given ha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
kingphilip: When u try running away from your problems they run after to hunt you down

Return Linda... running won't solve the issue at hand

Tiffany nice update up there. . I'm pretty sure Linda will come back within the 2 months given ha

u wish...
abeg linda it is time to begin afresh... God is ur strenght..

weldone tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
That was d same way I made up my mind wen I was runnin away from home...By d tym money almost finsh I run go bak home

7 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Action!! Bold step.. Let's see How long d 8k lasts
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by nerdychisa(f): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Following this thread like mosquito ooo.... Nice work tiffany...... Enjoy ur new begining Linda. U deserve better
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
I like dat decision,a change of environment is wat she needs!
Go Lilligirl,God help u.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
CHAPTER TWO
The lady smiled up at her husband. She kissed him goodbye and watched as he drove out to work.
She strolled happily back to the house where she met her mother-in-law.
'Mother goodmorning'
'goodmorning Tara. Jordan just left, didn't he?'
He mother-in-law asked with a warm smile.
'yes mother. How was your night?'
'good dear'
mrs Tara watched her little sister decend the stairs.
'Goodmornin, mother, goodmorning Ta'
Shan called out.
'Morning shan'
the two women answered and watched as the girl walked hurriedly out. They both smiled, the girl was late, she will be punished.
Tara walked back to her room for a bath, she was a foot or two above five feet. She has big intelligent eyes and a very beautiful face.
Her beauty and riches were the last thing on her mind. She will be writing the joint Admission and Matriculation examination in two weeks.
She has been studing hard for it. After bathing, she walked down to the study to begin studying for the day.
No sooner has she sat down when a knock came at the door.
A maid appeared at the door with an envelop.
'sorry to disturb you ma'am but this just came in for you'
Tara collected the envelop. She unsealed it and found a letter and a bunch of keys.
'you can go'
she told the maid who swiftly took her leave.
Tara read the letter in utter suprise.
Tara, i couldn't face you to tell you that i'm leaving. I'm now on my way to begin afresh. Don't asked why.
So sorry I won't be there when you finally declare your orphange open next month.
Please don't be angry with me. I took a decision I know is the best.
Kindly return these bunch of keys to Henry. Thanks Tara, you've really been a friend indeed. I will miss you alot.
My love to Shan and Eugene.
Linda had signed the letter with her name.
Tara walked out of the study to the maid that brought the letter.
The maid told her the security man gave it to her. The man was summoned, he confirmed that Miss Linda gave it to him to deliver to Tara.
Henry Joseph was at a board meeting. He sat directly opposit his father but only someone that knew him well will identify that Henry is disturbed.
'Why would Linda quit her job?'
he thaught. He had given her a month to trust him enough and tell him what was eating her up but she didn't say a thing.
He had woked up this morning to find her gone. It was so unlike Linda to leave without telling him.
Henry had tried calling her but her lines are both not reachable.
He vow to drive straight to her home and demand an explanation.
He cares for her. She is the only woman that makes him happy. He will help her solve whatever problem she was having and maybe take her on a two weeks vacation in Dubai.
Henry smiled. Although he will never marry, he dread the day when Linda will finally get a husband and leave him. He was already more than fond of her.
His phone rang. It was Tara, his sister. He quickly put it on silent and watched his father glare at him.
His secretary appeared at the door three minuts later.
'Sir, you have a call'
She told him.
'tell whoever that is calling Henry that he is in the middle of a meeting'
His father barked at her.
She went out but returned again.
'Sir, mrs Jordan Nicholas is the caller. She said it's important'
Henry took his excuse and left.
'Hy Tara, it better be important. What the hell is wrong?'
'i need to see you Henry. Now, please'
'fear gripped him as he replaced the phone and told his secretary to cancel his appointments. He drove to his sister's house.
''What is happening?'
he asked her as he entered the study.
She gave him a letter and a bunch of keys. He read everything and slammed his hands angrilly on the table.
'is this why you distracted my schedule? She left so what Tara? Others will take her place'
he was about leaving when Tara called his name. She had never seen her brother so angry.
'you don't care? Please find her for me. She is my friend'
'no i won't'
'please. Henry I know you like her. What went wrong between you two?'
'nothing Tara. Goodbye and please never mention her name to me again'
'but Henry! How could you say that?'
he turned and smiled up at his sister.
'I know Linda. She won't just leave. Not after all we shared. She will be back in less than two weeks. She won't be able to live without me because she loves me'
He told Tara. In truth, Henry was hurt

8 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
When a woman loves, she does ΐτ̅ with all her heart. Never take that for granted. Henry wl very soon realize a lost the moon while chasing shadows. TiffanyJ u rock! Go girl.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Cheriepet:

u wish...
abeg linda it is time to begin afresh... God is ur strenght..

weldone tiffany
Y r u stalking me

Not to worry she's coming back soonest

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Divepen: That was d same way I made up my mind wen I was runnin away from home...By d tym money almost finsh I run go bak home
So u b prodigal pikin
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Epathra: When a woman loves, she does ΐτ̅ with all her heart. Never take that for granted. Henry wl very soon realize a lost the moon while chasing shadows. TiffanyJ u rock! Go girl.
No worry she go soon come back

BTW Tiffany nice one jare no mind Henry for working u up
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by onosj(f): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Linda don't worry d man u will call ur own will come at d right time!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Missmossy(f): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is Linda and Henry's love story. Nice one,i do like the way its linked to the reluctant bride. Kudos TiffanyJ.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
kingphilip:

Sorry to disappoint you dear. Buh shez gone for good. Though its a tough decision, but that's the wisest. We never knw the importance of what we have until we lost it....Ride on Tiffy....I ll take the accept as a meal to break ma fast. . More though]
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
TiffanyJ:
are you Benibank?

I was till d nairaland mess happened! Cant access my benibank account
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
All thanks to Sandra who had on Henry's birthday reminded Linda of her age(28) and also reiterated the fact that Henry wasn't going to marry her. The best decision in life in most cases tends to be difficult but it's always the best. Am glad she disengage her SIM card from the phone so that no one wiill be able reach her that's a sign showing that she has absolutely move on with her life.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by nerdychisa(f): 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Shaking my head for men and their stupid ego....
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
heemah:
Sorry to disappoint you dear. Buh shez gone for good. Though its a tough decision, but that's the wisest. We never knw the importance of what we have until we lost it....Ride on Tiffy....I ll take the accept as a meal to break ma fast. . More though]
Make we watch n c
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
kingphilip:

u worry ur head alot.

Henry will go seeking n begging.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Cheriepet:

u worry ur head alot.

Henry will go seeking n begging.
No time for ultimate search babe

Linda sure will start running back soon... but if this happens, Henry won't take ha serious any longer
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 12:38am On Jul 10, 2014
kingphilip:
No time for ultimate search babe

Linda sure will start running back soon... but if this happens, Henry won't take ha serious any longer

relax KP... let us allow Tiffany to tell her story.

but for me i know n very sure of Henry seeking n beggingwink
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 12:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Cheriepet:

relax KP... let us allow Tiffany to tell her story.

but for me i know n very sure of Henry seeking n beggingwink
K dearie
Tiffany please Wen nxt
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Linda immediate lodged into a hotel as soon as she got into town.
She immediately pay for a week stay. She wasn't sure if she would want to reside in kogi.
Linda unpacked a suitcase. She bathed and walked downstairs for lunch.
She asked around and was directed to where she was to buy phone. She bought a phone and a SIM card, went back to her hotel room and plugged it for charging.
She switched on the Tv and soon fell asleep watching a comedy.
Linda came awake by 8pm. She switched on her phone and dialed her father's number.
'my little Angel, how are you?'
'I'm fine daddy'
'care to talk to me? Why were you crying the other day?'
'Daddy, i quit my job'
Linda blurted out.
'you did what? Why ever will you do that? We both know you love your job'
Linda burst into tears. She really did love her job. What else will she do now?
'Linda, a man is involved in this, isn't it?'
her father asked. She didn't say a word. She couldn't deny it.
'daddy, I left Abuja. I just relocated to Kogi and i don't know what to do with my life'
She sobbed bitterly.
'It's that Henry of a boy isn't it?'
James Dennis asked his daughter. It was no longer news even to Linda's parents that she was in a relationship with Henry Joseph who had made it clear to all and sundry that he wasn't interested in marriage.
It always broke her father's heart to see her follow Henry around.
'I love him dad, but he doesn't seem to notice.
I can't stand this anymore. I left Abuja to start afresh'
'Hey, don't cry. You made the right decision. But i need you to do me a favour'
'what is it?'
'come back home. Your room is still waiting for you.
Please come back and start all over. I've missed you.
'No daddy, you know that mother and I don't get along well. I can't stay with her'
when she was fifteen, some money went mising in her teacher's purse. The money was later found in Linda's school bag.
The school had notified her mother immediately. At that time, her father had been away.
No one listened to her own side of the story. She wasn't even given a chance to say a word.
When her mum arrived, she had immediately pounce on Linda.
She forcefully took her away and had beaten her black and blue.
Linda had fainted and was rushed down to the hospital by neighbours.
She was hospitalised for over a week. The girl who actually stole the money confessed to have placed it in Linda's bag.
Linda had adamantly refused to go back to that school. Her father send her to another. She was never close to her mother again.
To put it in the right words, Linda was scared of her mother.
'Okay Linda. You are an adult afterall'
she stayed at the hotel for two weeks. All she did was lazy around, watch the TV and sleep.
She hardly even eat. When she realised that her account balance was sinking and the urge to go back to Henry became strong, she decided to go house haunting.
By her third week at the hotel, Linda got a flat at Ajaokuta-dumaz city.
It was a one bedroom flat with it's kitchen, store and bathroom.
The agent insisted she paid the rent of two years. A year cost a hundred and fifty thousand naira.
She paid three hundred and fifty thousand naira including agent fee.
That week, she parked in and bought bought most of what she will need. Cushions, mattrasses, TV and kitchen utensils.
She decorated her rooms to her taste and
relished in her handwork.
She made fish stew to celebrate her task. She couldn't eat. The fish irratates her.
'but i love fish'
Linda thought out loud.
It occured to her at that moment that she had not seen her period. She made mental calculations and ran to a pharmacy to get a pregnancy test kit.
Later that evening, Linda James, confirmed to her utter disappointment that she was two months pregnant.

4 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by peksmay(f): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
jeez, d worst tin to happen at d moment, Linda pls take it easy on yourself.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmmmmnn. Congrats linda.buh thats no excuse to ho back to Henry. Its obvious he is not ready for a lifetime relationship. You can take care of yourself and the baby.All u need to do is get a job, worry less and eat alot smiley
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pricelesslove(f): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
hmmmmmm thank GOD oooo. i don wait for dis story tire. more gress to ur elbow
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
heemah: Hmmmmmnn. Congrats linda.buh thats no excuse to ho back to Henry. Its obvious he is not ready for a lifetime relationship. You can take care of yourself and the baby.All u need to do is get a job, worry less and eat alot smiley
yes.
I agree with this Linda.
You will be fine, trust us. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
hehe e don de happen! For all I know she must go back and face reality. nice work o. But ds updates they take too long no be small.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by crislyn(f): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tiff u r bak to make my twinnie cry nd day dream..Lols. Wlkm bak dear, we've bn waiting for u.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Missmossy(f): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
ghen-ghen! E don happencheesy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
heemah: Hmmmmmnn. Congrats linda.buh thats no excuse to ho back to Henry. Its obvious he is not ready for a lifetime relationship. You can take care of yourself and the baby.All u need to do is get a job, worry less and eat alot smiley
Hw long will she b able to run
Sure she'll b right back when I give ha go-ahead but for nw she should just enjoy d confluence state

Tiffany great one jare... continue I de watch ur back for ya...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.