Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438725 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Iolite(f): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
Don't know what say Tiffanyj, I so much love these piece. Waiting for more update pls.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
heemah: tiffany pls kum n update ooo...else i wont cook dinner and u knw am fasting...ma hrt is beating seriously...
my dear heemah, i made two updates today already. I can't make a third. Truth is, i'm not feeling too good.
Please bear with me. Have a blissful iftar and eat lots of food
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Iolite: Don't know what say Tiffanyj, I so much love these piece. Waiting for more update pls.
tnx ma. You shall get another update tomaro
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
my dear heemah, i made two updates today already. I can't make a third. Truth is, i'm not feeling too good.
you wan kill her?? ask her to take lots of fruits na. if she eats plenty, That's all for taraweeh today o. biko y ur heart de bit? I don talk am taitai she must go house.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
hassan85: you wan kill her?? ask her to take lots of fruits na. if she eats plenty, That's all for taraweeh today o. biko y ur heart de bit? I don talk am taitai she must go house.
sowi oga Hassan. I wish u guys a blissful iftar with lots of fruits
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Thanks for ur commitment. dnt mind me i b oliver twist..As regards ur health, pls tak meds n rest.catch ya tomorrow.
hassan85: you wan kill her?? ask her to take lots of fruits na. if she eats plenty, That's all for taraweeh today o. biko y ur heart de bit? I don talk am taitai she must go house.
lolz...thanks for ur concern...as for linda, going back home is not the right thing....Henry should come for her ni...Not just for a casual relationship buh for a lifetime rltnship....Hope u dey prepare for iftar? send mine too
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by queen47: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
This is getting more interesting. Tiffany, you are simply amazing. Well done
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by akejujoe(f): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ghen ghen,action don start.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
queen47: This is getting more interesting. Tiffany, you are simply amazing. Well done
tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
akejujoe: Ghen ghen,action don start.
abi
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
heemah:
Thanks for ur commitment. dnt mind me i b oliver twist..As regards ur health, pls tak meds n rest.catch ya tomorrow.
lolz...thanks for ur concern...as for linda, going back home is not the right thing....Henry should come for her ni...Not just for a casual relationship buh for a lifetime rltnship....Hope u dey prepare for iftar? send mine too
hehe I eat finish bfor I see ur post sha. but wait o. u are suppose to be d one to do d cookings and send my own o. hope are doing Well and How's ibadat
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
SeyiJayden: ooops i mite b ur son no offence but i tot i was only seyijayden aniways itz cool aving namesake ..shoutout to ur son hu mite b me jaymomma

Lollllllz! U cant b my son cos he's jez a few months old. He's saying hi to his big namesake
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
Huh,henry and linda what will happen to them?well am keeping my leg crossed oooo.keep up the good work my dear tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Thanks our fastly becoming chief NAIRALAND ENTERTAINER
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Thanks Tiffany our fastly becoming chief NAIRALAND ENTERTAINER
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Thanks Tiffany our fastly becoming chief NAIRALAND ENTERTAINER.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
hassan85: hehe I eat finish bfor I see ur post sha. but wait o. u are suppose to be d one to do d cookings and send my own o. hope are doing Well and How's ibadat
buh i was d first to request...Remember Prophet said diaz luv in sharing....dnt fgt to send ma share at Sahur.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
heemah:
buh i was d first to request...Remember Prophet said diaz luv in sharing....dnt fgt to send ma share at Sahur.
aha! u don de quote now abi? remember u are d lady Here u cook morning and evening... so jus package mine and mail it over. Let d love start from u please!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 4:12am On Jul 13, 2014
hassan85: aha! u don de quote now abi? remember u are d lady Here u cook morning and evening... so jus package mine and mail it over. Let d love start from u please!
well, i wnt b like u..i just sent it tru bluetooth.. smiley smiley
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 4:51am On Jul 13, 2014
heemah:
well, i wnt b like u..i just sent it tru bluetooth.. smiley smiley
hehe na u try pass. but Bluetooth?? only works between 2miles o! Thanks sha. I came online ds early just to make sure u are Well and that u took something good plus to ask to to remember me in ur dua'as.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Goodmorning house...Tiffany dear, how was ur night? hop u r feeling better?? @Hassan, fnks for ur concern oooo
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by adorableify: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Wow tiffany dis piece is da bomb I jst kept remembering d story n jst kept smiling even wen its nt yet over, waiting to knw d next thing o. So glad I met a gr8 writer like u
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2014
adorableify: Wow tiffany dis piece is da bomb I jst kept remembering d story n jst kept smiling even wen its nt yet over, waiting to knw d next thing o. So glad I met a gr8 writer like u
tnx dear. I'm glad you're reading this work
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2014
heemah: Goodmorning house...Tiffany dear, how was ur night? hop u r feeling better?? @Hassan, fnks for ur concern oooo
goodmorning heemah, i had a gud night and i'm better now. Tnx
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by onosj(f): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Sunday everyone in d house! Tiffanyj u're one in a million.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Great job Tiff! cheesy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
The event began without Linda James. Henry sat through everything. He so perfectly masked his emotions as he thought of Linda.
Seeing her had ignite some sort of anger he didn't know existed within him.
The children sang, danced, performed a play and even did a fashion parade.
When he was called upon to give out prizes to the best students, Henry made an unexpected request.
'I will be pleased to award prizes to the best students. I would be more than pleased if a teacher of this great school render some assistance to me'
Henry had spoke out loud through the loudspeaker.
The headmistress didn't even give the teachers a chance. She hastly avail herself.
'thanks for coming'
he told the headmistress.
'I have a particular teacher in mind. I want miss Linda James'
after waiting for five minutes without the arrival of Linda, Henry called the Proprietor of the school aside for a talk.
'Where is miss James? Kindly tell her the whole school are waiting upon her'
mr Donald began sweating. He dailed Linda's number.
'Linda, i want you back immediately'
'sir i don't know if i can make it. I'm not upto it sir'
Linda told him.
'I don't care Linda, but i won't stand you make a fool out of me. If you're not here in the next five minutes, consider yourself fired!'
Mr Donald angrilly pressed the end button on his cell phone.
He walked up to Henry, collected the loudspeaker.
'ladies and gentlemen, i beg of you to bear with us. Miss James is on her way. While waiting, let me call on the cultural dancers to display their talents'
Linda appeared sooner than expected. She signal her arrival to mr Donald.
She was called upon to assit Henry distribute prizes. She stood rigidly by his side.
When all was said and done, Linda quickly left. She refused to give Henry a chance to have a word with her.
Henry stood cheerfully and pretended not to see Linda.
As soon as the she was through with the task given to her, Linda claimed a serious headache and walked the short distance home.
At home, she told Daisy's nanny to go home for the day. She bath, changed into a pair of jean and red over sized T-Shirt.
After bathing and feeding Daisy, Linda made for herself a plate of noodles.
She discovered that she can't eat. How can she eat when Henry is in town.
Daisy's wailed invaded her thoughts. She turned towards her daughter and picked her .
'my love, cry no more. Mummy is here'
she sang daisy's favourite nursery hyme.
Soon she began sleeping. Linda lay her own the cot and found herself weeping.
When it was 9pm, Linda changed into a nightie and slipped under the bed covers.
Sleep eluded her. She began crying again and soon heard a knock at her door.
She concluded that it might be the nanny. She must have left her reading glasses.
She usually forget it and comes back for it whenever she remembered.
Linda walked quietly to the door so as not to wake up Daisy. She opened the door expecting the nanny only to find Henry at the door.
She tried shuting the door on him but he was faster and stronger. He pushed his way into the parlour.
'how did you find me?'
she asked him
'it's a small neighbourhood. I asked around'
he shot back at her.
'okay, Henry what do you want?'
'i need answers'
'you won't get any. Please leave'
Linda desperately tried to remain calm.
'i'm going no where Linda. Look me in the eyes and tell me you never felt anything for me'
She remained mute.
'damn you Linda, whatever have i done to deserve all you did to me. You just eloped without a word'
'Henry, leave my house'
she shouted in anger.
Henry turned as if to leave he changed course and draw her into his arms.
Her heart felt heavy, her body tremblemed as she inhaled his sweet male scent.
She had not slept with a man for two years. She yearned for this man. She yeaned for his kiss.
He placed his lips on hers. Linda nearly fainted with delight.
'you still have feelings for me Linda. I know you can't simply forget me'
Henry told her quitely. Linda managed to pull away from him.
She gave him a slapped. It was hard and so full of the pains she felt for two years.
The slapped suprised Henry.
'damn you Linda'
he shouted at her. His shout awoke Daisy from her peaceful slumber.
The girl began wailing for attention. Linda forgot Henry and ran to her baby.
'shush, sweetheart, it was just a bad dream'
Linda said as she cooped Daisy into her arms. Henry walked into the room and peep at the baby.
'you had a baby?'
he asked her in unclad shocked.
'yes'
she replied. Henry quickly guessed her age and made some calculations.
'Is she mine?'
he asked in a quite tone.
'no, she's not'
Linda told him in an even tone

4 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
onosj: Happy Sunday everyone in d house! Tiffanyj u're one in a million.
happy sunday to you too. Tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
edwife: Great job Tiff! cheesy
thank you ma

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Dorisbest(f): 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice work. I guess this will make my day.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dorisbest: Nice work. I guess this will make my day.
tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Barbienice(f): 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sumtyms I really wish I can read the whole of dis story once n for all, dis suspense is killing me oooo chai diaris God o! Well done TiffanyJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.