Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

My Solutions To The Problems Facing Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Solutions To The Problems Facing Nigeria (2052 Views)

Top 10 Problem Facing Nigeria Youth 2015 / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? / What Are Economic Problems Facing Nigeria And Possible Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Solutions To The Problems Facing Nigeria by patrickmuf(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ideas as they'll always say, rules the world...Couple of days ago, i shared an article (on Facebook) that spoke in reference to the lackadaisical of the government of the day towards corruption and some of my friends pointed out that solutions are needed not criticism of the government (I still dispute this point of view)...So, let's get talking...
* It's a widely shared point of view that corruption is the bane of our country, so i don't think we'd be out of line to adopt the death penalty as a punishment for defaulters (i.e if our politicians don't abuse the law)
* In order to checkmate h corruption, we need a strong judiciary...Therefore, i'm totally against the practice where the President and Governors alike have the leverage (as provided by the constitution) to appoint the attorney general or Chief justice as the case may be...The judicial arm of government should sort that out...
* On the issue of leadership, on no account should a person who has any case to answer or has been convicted of any crime by a court of competent jurisdiction be allowed to vie for any leadership position...
* In order to purge the system of rascals, the cost as well as the benefits accrued to various positions should be greatly reduced...This will clear the path for people who have the masses at heart to stand up and be counted...
Politics is not a dirty game, they only use the term "dirty" to scare right thinking fellows from joining the struggle...
* Finally, the model for organizing a free and fair election needs to be revisited...Personally, i'll suggest a model similar to that of the US where election are conducted in one state after another... This will enable the government to deploy all the necessary machinery needed to execute a free and fair election...
I think it's time we all take the bold step and move forward...Your submissions are welcomed...
Long Live the federal republic of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: My Solutions To The Problems Facing Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
As dead as a lump of lead..psycho on da monologue...
@op,get a job..

(1) (Reply)

Iran Offers Nigeria Nuclear Technology / Watch Amaechi On Focus Nigeria, Live On Ait. / REVEALED!How FG Officials Turn B/Haram Ceasefire Plan into Multibillionaire Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.