Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (39919 Views)

Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? / Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by surawilly(m): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2014
Former Nigeria star Etim Esin has disclosed that Super Eagles midfielder John Obi Mikel is not worthy of putting on the is not worthy wearing Nigeria's number 10 jersey following his below par outing at the ongoing 2014 Fifa World Cup.
Esin who wore the country's national team respected jersey number between 1988 and 1992 lambasted Mikel after his disappointing display that led to the country's exit in the round of 16 to France.

"Mikel was a big flop in Brazil. He wears Nigeria’s No.10 jersey but he did not show he is worthy of wearing it at the big stage like the World Cup,” Esin told NigeriaNewsWatch.

"He rose to the occasion in South Africa but in Brazil he was not committed and ended up as a monumental disaster.

"Look at how other players who wore No.10 jerseys for their respective countries have been playing including Messi, Neymar, Sneijder and the young chap from Colombia, James Rodriquez.

"He failed to carry Eagles along as the pilot of the team. Have you seen a No.10 that did not make a goal attempt let alone of scoring. Jokes apart, Mikel has not shown he deserves to wear our No.10 jersey."

He however called on the former Flying Eagles midfielder to improve his game and follow the path of the country's legends like Henry Nwosu and Austin Okocha who shone wearing the jersey number during their active days for Super Eagles.

"He should go and watch the video clips of Henry Nwosu and Jay Jay Okocha including my humble self and get some tutorials on how they played as Nigeria’s No.10. You must be special to wear the No.10 jersey and for me, has not done anything special.

"While Musa and Osaze were busy taking all the free kicks and corner kicks he was idle strolling in the pitch. As soon as Onazi was stretchered out, he was exposed.

"I don’t have anything against Mikel, when he came into limelight I was one of the first person that tipped him for greatness but I am amazed that he has yet to live up to expectations and I am highly disappointed.

“There is no doubt that he is a good player having shown his qualities in the past, but he has to raise his game at the moment considering the fact that he plays for a big club like Chelsea or else he would continue to warm their bench. I am giving him this advice for his own personal interest,” he concluded.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4938224?ICID=HP_HN_2

92 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Seconded.

I look at Messi, Diego Maradona, pele, Wayne Rooney and my Darling Neymar.

Then look at Mikel in the same number 10. undecided

79 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by saasala(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Then who does? All of you haters of Mikel, there is God o. Daily Mail wrote a wonderful article on John Obi Mikel and how a white guy even tattooed his name on his butt. Read it here: http://www..com/daily-mails-wonderful-article-on-john-obi-mikel/

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Sweetlemon(f): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thirded.

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by MillionDollars: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Fourthed! He deserves No 0.1

30 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by yinkard4me(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
buh what really happened to mikel. he was being compared to messi in 2005. so many even believed he was robbed of being second to messi in 2005

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by molydonhenry(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
He doesn't even deserve first team shirt. mikelis obilis

51 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by dorange(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
He really needs to step up his game big tym......

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by boujaye: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
everybody knows he is a flop, even my 5 year old boy.

29 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Pavore9: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
true talk.

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Matttthew(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
B4 nko, na today? ^o^ :O

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by lilmax(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
He should quit football

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by evico: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
saasala: Then who does?

Me

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Lucasbalo(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
For anyone that knows anything about football, Mikel Obi is highly overrated.

55 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by brainpulse: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
A well rounded analysis of his performance at the world cup. Mikel made me hate football in a while.

19 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by lilmax(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
yinkard4me: buh what really happened to mikel. he was being compared to messi in 2005. so many even believed he was robbed of being second to messi in 2005
money happened to him

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by tellwisdom: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Yes, he does not deserve to join that team. Anuofia angry

30 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
This guy must be a Nairalander!

Same old story! mtchewww!

NEXT!!!

Mikel sweery, just know that i love you "ti ori, ti ese" infact, i am willing to catch a Grenade for you if possible... wink

Haters....GnD!!!

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Nkem88(f): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mikel was Keshi's number one mistake. If Van Gaal can remove RVP and swap keepers effortlessly, then what is so difficult in removing Mikel the non-performer? I'll never forget how ESPN commentators were hailing Osaze, Musa, Onazi, Emenike, and Dr. Chief Mr. Engr. Prof. Warrior Enyeama, but questioning Mikel's role or purpose on the field and his lack of speed or direction. He was embarrassing and should've been left to watch SE from a tv at White Castle Hotel.

87 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by ebullientV(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
He shouldn't even be in the team. The-father-of-all-snails is got to be the most casual footballer in the world..

Strolls around like he is in his popsy's palour. The truth is he isn't proud 2 wear our jersey and at such should not show up 4 us again..

The only thing that lives me wondering is why Keshi never chose to drop him even once, against d backdrop of all that shambolic display.

16 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Maxie110(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Onazi would have been in that shoe.... He's pretty better,

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by corisande: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mikels football career after this WC lipsrsealed

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Shedysworld(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
I think he's right.
Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by kingthreat(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
I've never seen a number 10 who's as slow as a tortoise and passes the ball to defenders 85% of the time.

31 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by IdiAmin2(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
yinkard4me: buh what really happened to mikel. he was being compared to messi in 2005. so many even believed he was robbed of being second to messi in 2005

Chelsea and Mourinho killed all the attacking instinct in him

30 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by feminineA: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014

Multimillion dollar question!!!

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by wckabuoh(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
I fink I prefer Uzoehi to Miekl wearing that number!!

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by evico: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
lilmax: He should quit football

Lolz. ...! Make Fifa no hear oo
Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by GovWahala: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Very useless player.

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Isiterere(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
A good bench with seat belt in super Eagle and Chelsea
Is all what he deserve
ALL IZZ WELL

48 Likes

Re: Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin by Jostico: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
wati u dey wait go collect am..nonsense....abeg which bus stop be this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pool Fixed Ultimate Key / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement / Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React