Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Much Is Osun State Owing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Osun State Owing? (2367 Views)

WAEC Won't Release Result Of Student From State Owing It / Adeyeye To Fayemi: How Much Debt Is Ekiti State Owing Now? / Why Is Abia State Owing Teachers For 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obayaya(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
The media was filled with news reports that the DG of DMO has deflated the lies being peddled by the opposition that Osun state's debt profile stood at N350 billion and N400 billion

But unfortunately, the DG didn't state the amount Osun state is owing domestic and foreign lenders. I looked online for data, I couldn't find any.

Can anybody help me?

DMO to encourage sukuk bond in Nigeria

JULY 7, 2014 BY FEMI MAKINDE
Leave a Comment
The Director-General, Debt Management Office, Dr. Abraham Nwankwo, has said that the office is working to introduce sukuk bond to all the states.

Osun State had last year raised N11.4bn sukuk, an Islamic bond, and the State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, came under attack for this.

But according to a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday by the media aide to the governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the director-general of the DMO has commended the governor for being a trailblazer in this regard.

The DMO director-general promised to encourage sukuk issuance in Nigeria.

The statement also quoted Nwankwo to have said that Osun debt profile was a sustainable one and was healthy for the economic growth of the state.

Nwankwo, according to the statement, spoke on the sideline of a three-day retreat for members of the House Committee on Aids, Loans and Debt Management.

Nwankwo said, “It is our plan to encourage the issuance of sukuk in Nigeria because we need to diversify the instrument in the bond market.

“We want to make sure that all segments of the society is captured in the bond market because there are some groups of people or individuals who do not want to participate in ordinary bond because of interest.

“Our office, DMO, and others are working hard to introduce sukuk in Nigeria. We are delighted that Osun took the initiative and helped in introducing it in Nigeria. So, Osun is one of the best states in public debt management.”

The opposition parties in Osun State had been claiming that Osun debt profile ranged between N350bn and N419bn.

But Nwankwo who did not give the figure on the actual debt explained that the state needed to be encouraged in term of the management of debt because it had not borrowed beyond its capacity.

According to the director-general, the nation’s debt GDP ratio has fallen from 22 per cent to 13 per cent.

He said, “Our debt is sustainable because the GDP is much lower now. However, in spite of that, government will continue to be very prudent, conservative in its spending.

“From my submission, I told the lawmakers that the GDP ratio is about 12 per cent and this includes both external and domestic debt for both the federal and state governments.”

He decried what he described as the poor attitude of Nigerians to paying tax.

He stated that many enterprises in the country’s small and medium scale businesses that should be in the tax bracket were not.
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/dmo-to-encourage-sukuk-bond-in-nigeria/
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by chy101: 12:47am On Jul 11, 2014
/
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by eaglechild: 12:51am On Jul 11, 2014
This "Rascal" don suffer.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Una dey book space?

Someone should answer the question jare or provide a link to that regard
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya: Una dey book space?

grin grin grin grin

Na senator be this shocked
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

grin grin grin grin

Na senator be this shocked

Chief!!!

The original senator went on exile.

This is just a doppelganger wink grin
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

Chief!!!

The original senator went on exile.

This is just a doppelganger wink grin

Chaiii... shocked
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 11, 2014
Ewuro1
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Ewuro1: 7:26am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato: Ewuro1

She ko ję owo?? grin
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Ewuro1:

She ko ję owo?? grin

grin grin

Na you be this shocked
E ku ojo meta o...
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

Chaiii... shocked

How are you doing sir?
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

How are you doing sir?

I am fine o. Wait o, wetin happen to obayaya na?
Abi dem don ban you shocked
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Ewuro1: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

grin grin

Na you be this shocked
E ku ojo meta o...

Thank you jare, how are you too? Awa niyen

..I dey do amebo for 'killz & ogugua matter in General section , you're invited grin
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2014
Ewuro1:

Thank you jare, how are you too? Awa niyen

..I dey do amebo for 'killz & ogugua matter in General section , you're invited grin

I am fine my sister.. I was there oo. The whole matter get as e be.
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

I am fine o. Wait o, wetin happen to obayaya na?
Abi dem don ban you shocked

They gimme ban chop o cheesy
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Ewuro1: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

I am fine my sister.. I was there oo. The whole matter get as e be.

Scary personal stuff. undecided
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

They gimme ban chop o cheesy

Chaiiii.. A whole senator. America must know angry
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

Chaiiii.. A whole senator. America must know angry

Na for on top that killz matter they gimme the ban o angry
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

Na for on top that killz matter they gimme the ban o angry

Haaaaa shocked shocked
That na sensitive matter o. A woman is involved grin grin
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Zionope: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2014
shocked
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Zionope: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2014

You should probably search again, I got the figure online even before the DMO's intervention. The speaker of the state house of assembly, the state commissioner for finance, and others in the cabinet disclosed the figure not once, not twice.
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

Haaaaa shocked shocked
That na sensitive matter o. A woman is involved grin grin

If seun na my brother eh, I for don dash am better slap. Always draw a line between business and pleasure.

Now he's letting whatever pleasure interfere with his business. Undermining his integrity of the site. And he doesn't even know one thing about public relation.

Just give an explanation, no matter how dumb. If you can't, say i'm sorry, it's a mistake, I let my emotions get the better part of me. People will understand the "messing up because of love" line and will cut you some slack. Afterall nobody is above mistake.

But instead, he goes around hiding threads and banning people. And he thinks people won't notice? I saw a post on facebook talking about this rubbish. People are already doubting his ability to manage the site.

The nigga just isn't wise. He forgot that a wounded lion is more dangerous. Sexkillz and ogugua are wounded. This _shit isn't going away anytime soon

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2014
Zionope:
You should probably search again, I got the figure online even before the DMO's intervention. The speaker of the state house of assembly, the state commissioner for finance, and others in the cabinet disclosed the figure not once, not twice.

Please drop a link!!!

I mean official figures from DMO not commissioner of finance figures.

Commissioner's figure is as good as former chief of staff's figure.
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

If seun na my brother eh, I for don dash am better slap. Always draw a line between business and pleasure.

Now he's letting whatever pleasure interfere with his business. Undermining his integrity of the site. And he doesn't even know one thing about public relation.

Just give an explanation, no matter how dumb. If you can't, say i'm sorry, it's a mistake, I let my emotions get the better part of me. People will understand the "messing up because of love" line and will cut you some slack. Afterall nobody is above mistake.

But instead, he goes around hiding threads and banning people. And he thinks people won't notice? I saw a post on facebook talking about this rubbish. People are already doubting his ability to manage the site.

The nigga just isn't wise. He forgot that a wounded lion is more dangerous. Sexkillz and ogugua are wounded. This _shit isn't going away anytime soon

Adonbilivit. The spirit of Mattew B is inside my senator. This is an epistle grin grin
Jokes apart, I get what you trying to say though, but wetin come concern my honorable senator for this matter?
Why dem ban you? You no be sexkillz na.
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by chy101: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2014
On point!

obiyaya:

Please drop a link!!!

Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 8:21am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

Adonbilivit. The spirit of Mattew B is inside my senator. This is an epistle grin grin
Jokes apart, I get what you trying to say though, but wetin come concern my honorable senator for this matter?
Why dem ban you? You no be sexkillz na.

Seun banned me because I asked him to come and answer for himself on that cheating rich husband and faithful poor husband thread.

He banned me for derailing and not cooperating with mods and admin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

Seun banned me because I asked him to come and answer for himself on that cheating rich husband and faithful poor husband thread.

He banned me for erailing and not cooperating with mods and admin cheesy cheesy

Chaiii shocked grin
This one is strong o.
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2014
olubukato:

Chaiii shocked grin
This one is strong o.

grin
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Gamji007: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2014

Obayaya opens thread and ask question, Obiyaya is begging for answer. Guy, you funny ooooo!
Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by Zionope: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2014
obiyaya:

Please drop a link!!!

You are suprised d guy no owe 350/400billion as u claimed; abi? U no trust d commissioner's figure, u hate to hear the DMO's declaration; simply because of sentiment, probably u should wait for the DMO's publication or go and audit the state treasury urself so that u'll come and tell us the truth, i am eager to know the truth myself; but for now, am satisfied with the finance commissioner's figure.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Osun State Owing? by obiyaya: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2014
Gamji007:

Obayaya opens thread and ask question, Obiyaya is begging for answer. Guy, you funny ooooo!

Bros obayaya got banned.

Got it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drug Made From Bitter Cola Actually Cures EBOLA / GEJ, GMB To Meet In Ogun State Tomorrow. You Want To Know Why? Read This / WAEC Denies Buhari's Results (copy Of Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.