Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW (3124 Views)

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
As much as I like Aregbesola as a person I will not be voting for him this time. I also hope that he loses so that this Opon Imo thing is not encouraged to spread to other SW states. Opon Imo as part of the education policy of OsunState is anti-intellectual , and regressive. So far it has been a means of putting all educational books supplies in the pocket of Aregbesola/Tinubu cronies to exclusion of other qualified people in the state and country. His opon ifa or whatever tablet is loaded with books from cronies and which Osun government pays for. No other publisher can get a foot in. Eventually what this promises is a destruction of the already weak publishing industry in the country. This thing is just a gadget which may save a little money in the short run but destroys an entire industry as well as chances of intellectual expression in the long run.As a person employed in the publishing industry , I will not be voting for this dangerous trend. And if you are looking for your child to have the opportunity of becoming another Wole Soyinka , Chinua Achebe or Chimamanda instead of just another half-educated monkey I urge you not to cast your vote for this person.
If you think otherwise , please tell me your opinion below.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by PenSniper: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
felifeli: As much as I like Aregbesola as a person I will not be voting for him this time. I also hope that he loses so that this Opon Imo thing is not encouraged to spread to other SW states. Opon Imo as part of the education policy of OsunState is anti-intellectual , and regressive. So far it has been a means of putting all educational books supplies in the pocket of Aregbesola/Tinubu cronies to exclusion of other qualified people in the state and country. His opon ifa or whatever tablet is loaded with books from cronies and which Osun government pays for. No other publisher can get a foot in. Eventually what this promises is a destruction of the already weak publishing industry in the country. This thing is just a gadget which may save a little money in the short run but destroys an entire industry as well as chances of intellectual expression in the long run.As a person employed in the publishing industry , I will not be voting for this dangerous trend. And if you are looking for your child to have the opportunity of becoming another Wole Soyinka , Chinua Achebe or Chimamanda instead of just another half-educated monkey I urge you not to cast your vote for this person.
If you think otherwise , please tell me your opinion below.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
I don't care about what becomes of both you after voting for Ogbeni aregbesola.

If he won, u have the choice of re-locating or withdraw ur citizenship.

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
Foolish OP.

Your post is extremely senseless, shallow and idiotic to say the least.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
lakpalakpa: Foolish OP.

Why do you say so ? Let's have an intelligent discussion and not emotional drivel. State your case if you have any. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
felifeli:

Why do you say so ? Let's have an intelligent discussion and not emotional drivel. State your case if you have any. Thank you.

You expect an intelligent discussion yet you posted that crap that has not even an atom of common sense in it. You are a functional illiterate!!

Your type should be discussing with frustrated drunkards in ogogoro joints..

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
So far it has been a means of putting all educational books supplies in the pocket of Aregbesola/Tinubu cronies to exclusion of other qualified people in the state and country.

Olodo OP can you back this senseless claim you made??

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
OP how does the opon imo destroy the publishing industry??

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
OP you don vanish abi??

Cretinous illiterate..

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
QED
Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by lakpalakpa: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
grin
Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by 7lives: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
OP tell the parents of the beneficiaries of the opon imo to stop their children to stop using the tablets, you should also recommend a nation wide ban on android phones,gongoshu.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why is the quest to tarnish the image of Ogbeni Aregbesola not working out for the PDP dumbass.

Try harder or you've forgotten that no weapon fashion against my state to retrogress shall prosper.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Firefire(m): 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
9th August... Gongon-aso.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
7lives: OP tell the parents of the beneficiaries of the opon imo to stop their children to stop using the tablets, you should also recommend a nation wide ban on android phones,gongoshu.

Look at this idi.ot thugs. We are talking about books this one and his mumu sufayo is saying something else. Go and collect your 2kg rice and go seddon joor

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Muhaymin(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
felifeli:

yeah ur post was senseless!! u know why? because any progressive govt finds best ways to increase its IGR in order to improve its state welfarism. because we are in a computer age and tablets is d best educational tools (Ref: unilorin, abti, foreign schls). It will also helps dis young champs to have much interest in science, information and technology. infact it has many benefits.
Latest research by state university of Nevada suggests dat 70% get excited with e-learning tools, 20% get excited with books while 10% on either of d two.
Pls forget d mentality dat dis will kill publishing industry, I have my PRINCE2 certi holder, and in every biz dia must biz plan and as a bizman u must be able to think out of d box. u know why I say dis no biz stay for long unless u spice it up by repackaging, rebranding and remodeling. A good publisher will start to make do of online publishing even pple don't buy newspaper, magazine etc not like before, u know why? most of d newspaper companies make use of the online platform e.g e-book, e-news, websites etc. I think I've thrown more light on dis. tanx.

8 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Muhaymin:
yeah ur post was senseless!! u know why? because any progressive govt finds best ways to increase its IGR in order to improve its state welfarism. because we are in a computer age and tablets is d best educational tools (Ref: unilorin, abti, foreign schls). It will also helps dis young champs to have much interest in science, information and technology. infact it has many benefits.
Latest research by state university of Nevada suggests dat 70% get excited with e-learning tools, 20% get excited with books while 10% on either of d two. I think I throw more light on this. tanx.

May God bless you and increase your knowledge.
They know the truth, just that the hatred is driving them insanE

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
Muhaymin:
Latest research by state university of Nevada suggests dat 70% get excited with e-learning tools, 20% get excited with books while 10% on either of d two.
Pls forget d mentality dat dis will kill publishing industry, I have my PRINCE2 certi holder, and in every biz dia must biz plan and as a bizman u must be able to think out of d box. u know why I say dis no biz stay for long unless u spice it up by repackaging, rebranding and remodeling. A good publisher will start to make do of online publishing even pple don't buy newspaper, magazine etc not like before, u know why? most of d newspaper companies make use of the online platform e.g e-book, e-news, websites etc. I think I've thrown more light on dis. tanx.

I always feel so sorry for people like you who chose to hero-worship rather than face issues. But anyway the election will not be won on internet and like Fayemi I am sure Aregbe will find his back on the ground . The reason is that Yoruba don't believe in blind worship.

Just imagine , in this case again you decide to leave issues aside because they scare you , and instead you turn meaningless statistics and references into an argument just to try and confuse people , just like politicians think they are doing . What does PRINCE2 certification, which is a useless project management degree in present day Nigeria, have to do with what we are saying ?, You and your master have failed unfortunately. and I repeat APC will lose Osun election , even if you give away a billion bags of rice. (eye laa je ) .Just answer these questions and then I will know you are sane.

1. Is the user of Opon Imo able to load new books by themselves ? Is Opon Imo the same thing as given in the other institutions you mentioned (unilorin, abti, foreign schls etc) Absolutely no. It is an educational toy and really at best a tool for indoctrination. It has no means to access internet , no bluetooth , no usb .
2. Is the government able to change the books inside Opon Imo ? Absolutely no. The toy must be returned to the supplier for this. Possibly call for a fresh supply contract to Kabiru son of Aregbesola
3. Are the books in the Opon imo free ? Absolutely no. A handful of publishers were given the contract to load them.
4. Can other publishers also supply books fro putting in Opon ifa ? Absolutely no.
5. Can this system be called fair commerce ? Is there a level playing ground for all educational suppliers ? Was due diligence observed in the implementation of this educational SCAM ? Is there hope for other book suppliers to be included ? Absolutely NO.

Please get off this attitude of telling your boss that he is doing well , when the grassroots know in their hearts that he is performing woefully and just carrying out self-aggrandizement projects which have no relevance to the basic needs of the people of the state. This is one of the reasons Fayemi lost Ekiti tate , and this is one of the reasons Aregbesola will loose Osun state.

Insult me as much as you like. It will not change the outcome and only reveal the panic that you are about to lose the handout you get from being part of the Aregbesola Promoters Committee (APC). And if you like and in your usual crude accusatory style call me a PDP sympathiser, that one is your wahala . I am done with you gongosu internet warriors ; I repeat THE BATTLE WILL BE WON IN THE BALLOTS AND AREGBESOLA WILL LOSE . Better accept this and go find another job.

Neyoor:
Neyoor:

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by ZeGull: 8:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Neyoor: I don't care about what becomes of both you after voting for Ogbeni aregbesola.
If he won, u have the choice of re-locating or withdraw ur citizenship.

lakpalakpa: Foolish OP.

lakpalakpa:
Olodo OP can you back this senseless claim you made??
grin grin grin grin

Typical supporter of APC.

Rather than debate issue you will rather haul insults

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2014
ZeGull:
Typical supporter of APC.
Rather than debate issue you will rather haul insults

I'm not the type that do waste my precious time debating issues without any iota of truth, but if you are, you can help in answering him.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by eaglechild: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2014
This is the reason why the SW will continue to decline in the educational sector.

You don't play dirty politics with your children's future.

Opon Imo is a total scam.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by mogentle(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
@OP, did you just say that the publisher of the books were paid? So, why the cry?
Books by his cronies? That did not start during Aregbe, i have known that politicians do favour their cronies when it comes to choice of recommended books. Don't do as if it's just starting, you can also go ahead and lobby. Stop the cry!!!!
BTW, who told you Omisore will not introduce his own style. Even if Aregbe is a devil, you'd better stick to him, cause Omi le ma soore o.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2014
dude spent billions on cheap screened notebooks and called it tablets: corruption and brain washing .
He collected the same notebooks from them few weeks to waec.
Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Muhaymin(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2014
felifeli:

I always feel so sorry for people like you who chose to hero-worship rather than face issues. But anyway the election will not be won on internet and like Fayemi I am sure Aregbe will find his back on the ground . The reason is that Yoruba don't believe in blind worship.

Just imagine , in this case again you decide to leave issues aside because they scare you , and instead you turn meaningless statistics and references into an argument just to try and confuse people , just like politicians think they are doing . What does PRINCE2 certification, which is a useless project management degree in present day Nigeria, have to do with what we are saying ?, You and your master have failed unfortunately. and I repeat APC will lose Osun election , even if you give away a billion bags of rice. (eye laa je ) .Just answer these questions and then I will know you are sane.

1. Is the user of Opon Imo able to load new books by themselves ? Is Opon Imo the same thing as given in the other institutions you mentioned (unilorin, abti, foreign schls etc) Absolutely no. It is an educational toy and really at best a tool for indoctrination. It has no means to access internet , no bluetooth , no usb .
2. Is the government able to change the books inside Opon Imo ? Absolutely no. The toy must be returned to the supplier for this. Possibly call for a fresh supply contract to Kabiru son of Aregbesola
3. Are the books in the Opon imo free ? Absolutely no. A handful of publishers were given the contract to load them.
4. Can other publishers also supply books fro putting in Opon ifa ? Absolutely no.
5. Can this system be called fair commerce ? Is there a level playing ground for all educational suppliers ? Was due diligence observed in the implementation of this educational SCAM ? Is there hope for other book suppliers to be included ? Absolutely NO.

Please get off this attitude of telling your boss that he is doing well , when the grassroots know in their hearts that he is performing woefully and just carrying out self-aggrandizement projects which have no relevance to the basic needs of the people of the state. This is one of the reasons Fayemi lost Ekiti tate , and this is one of the reasons Aregbesola will loose Osun state.

Insult me as much as you like. It will not change the outcome and only reveal the panic that you are about to lose the handout you get from being part of the Aregbesola Promoters Committee (APC). And if you like and in your usual crude accusatory style call me a PDP sympathiser, that one is your wahala . I am done with you gongosu internet warriors ; I repeat THE BATTLE WILL BE WON IN THE BALLOTS AND AREGBESOLA WILL LOSE . Better accept this and go find another job.

I don't like to drag issue with an illiterate but lemme answer ur question. opon imo is a tablet of knowledge preloaded with Nigeria syllabus, waec and neco past questions, online tutorials, culture and tradition, encyclopedia, science and technology, technical work etc. opon imo wasn't created alone by osun govt it has d approval of Nigeria publisher's company like MacMillan, essential, son etc. it also has OTA dat will be updated when d syllabus out. it also preloaded with brain cracking games dats good re-energize ur brain e.g scrabble, chess, monopoly etc. pls get d rest info on Google.
I can't blame u because dia r two things in common, its either u r being affected by d giant stride in osun or u r a pdp. if u r a PDP its either u r a bigot or bootlicker, if u r a bootlicker its either u've sold ur soul or u r suffering from dementia. Go and do ur home work very well. safe.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Muhaymin:
I don't like to drag issue with an illiterate but lemme answer ur question. opon imo is a tablet of knowledge preloaded with Nigeria syllabus, waec and neco past questions, online tutorials, culture and tradition, encyclopedia, science and technology, technical work etc. opon imo wasn't created alone by osun govt it has d approval of Nigeria publisher's company like MacMillan, essential, son etc. it also has OTA dat will be updated when d syllabus out. it also preloaded with brain cracking games dats good re-energize ur brain e.g scrabble, chess, monopoly etc. pls get d rest info on Google.
I can't blame u because dia r two things in common, its either u r being affected by d giant stride in osun or u r a pdp. if u r a PDP its either u r a bigot or bootlicker, if u r a bootlicker its either u've sold ur soul or u r suffering from dementia. Go and do ur home work very well. safe.
Go back to real school iwo bobo yi . Obviously you are a graduate of one of Aregbesola's islamic knowledge schools (ile kewu) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by 7lives: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
felifeli:

Look at this idi.ot thugs. We are talking about books this one and his mumu sufayo is saying something else. Go and collect your 2kg rice and go seddon joor

Wonders shall never end, ni ilu afoju, oloju kan loba, imagine this stagnant looser calling me names because I bare my mind concerning opon imo. You should have recommend the use of blackboard and chalk to the students in order to help the growth of the so called publishing industry.
Crab mentality, give us a better idea and stop groaning, and please remember to recommend latrine system to your folks instead of the modern water system of toilet, this will show how smart you are, asinwin. As for the rice I am a supplier, I can help you with a 50kg bag of rice, elenu yi yo bi ila, elebi.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by felifeli: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
7lives:

Wonders shall never end, ni ilu afoju, oloju kan loba, imagine this stagnant looser calling me names because I bare my mind concerning opon imo. You should have recommend the use of blackboard and chalk to the students in order to help the growth of the so called publishing industry.
Crab mentality, give us a better idea and stop groaning, and please remember to recommend latrine system to your folks instead of the modern water system of toilet, this will show how smart you are, asinwin. As for the rice I am a supplier, I can help you with a 50kg bag of rice, elenu yi yo bi ila, elebi.

Okay I apologise , for calling you an id.iot but it was in response that you first thought to intimidate me by calling me gongoshu. You drew first blood but I don't scare easily, do you understand ?
Now tell me what does Opon Imo have to do with android phone . Explain to us ?
Also explain to us what Opon Imo has to do with blackboard and chalk ,which is still used in advanced countries anyway and even in Osun classrooms . Every system has its good points.
What does Opon Imo has to do with latrine ? Does it direct user to good toilets too ?
Please explain and then I will call you a more dignifying name. If you cannot, then kindly stay out of this discussion and go sell your rice in the market. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by Ikengawo: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Muhaymin:

prostitution is also legal in the state of Nevada and it's income comes from mafia owned casinos. Stop talking about what you don't know

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by DVanguard: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
felifeli:

Okay I apologise , for calling you an id.iot but it was in response that you first thought to intimidate me by calling me gongoshu. You drew first blood but I don't scare easily, do you understand ?
Now tell me what does Opon Imo have to do with android phone . Explain to us ?
Also explain to us what Opon Imo has to do with blackboard and chalk ,which is still used in advanced countries anyway and even in Osun classrooms . Every system has its good points.
What does Opon Imo has to do with latrine ? Does it direct user to good toilets too ?
Please explain and then I will call you a more dignifying name. If you cannot, then kindly stay out of this discussion and go sell your rice in the market. Thank you.

Opon Imo is a learning tablet. To load an application on the Tablet, you need an operating system. The operation system is called Android.
With Opon Imo, no need for blackboard and chalk. You are able to communicate with your student directly from the tablet. Every needed tools and books are installed on the tablet.

It is just a way of telling you why did you decide to embrace civilization of water closet over pit latrine. Is it not only about improvement in personal hygiene alone and but the advancement in technological development?

It is very disappointing that in this modern era people reject our own creation all because of politics but if it was from a white man or Chinese we will embrace with and call it a complete and great innovation. Some people will say why not a computer. Is a tablet not a computer.

Opon Imo can receive information from designated source. the reason why it is not allowed to receive information from any source both internet, USB and other computers sources is to restrict the usage of the Tablet to the purpose it is made for. If it requires input of data, the data centres created in all the 30 LG which employs over 5000 youths are available. Pls, ignorance is not an excuses. if you have a limited knowledge on something, if you can't you use Google try and ask. it is never a sin and will never be an offence not to know.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by DVanguard: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ikengawo:

prostitution is also legal in the state of Nevada and it's income comes from mafia owned casinos. Stop talking about what you don't know

Cos prostitution is legal and so? or cos you can visit Indecency sites through e-tools. If because of that then forget using the internet.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by mogentle(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
DVanguard:

Opon Imo is a learning tablet. To load an application on the Tablet, you need an operating system. The operation system is called Android.
With Opon Imo, no need for blackboard and chalk. You are able to communicate with your student directly from the tablet. Every needed tools and books are installed on the tablet.

It is just a way of telling you why did you decide to embrace civilization of water closet over pit latrine. Is it not only about improvement in personal hygiene alone and but the advancement in technological development?

It is very disappointing that in this modern era people reject our own creation all because of politics but if it was from a white man or Chinese we will embrace with and call it a complete and great innovation. Some people will say why not a computer. Is a tablet not a computer.

Opon Imo can receive information from designated source. the reason why it is not allowed to receive information from any source both internet, USB and other computers sources is to restrict the usage of the Tablet to the purpose it is made for. If it requires input of data, the data centres created in all the 30 LG which employs over 5000 youths are available. Pls, ignorance is not an excuses. if you have a limited knowledge on something, if you can't you use Google try and ask. it is never a sin and will never be an offence not to know.
Thanks bro. Some are justborn to criticize what they know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Opon Imo And future of Literacy In SW by aresa: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fashola commissions Lagos version of Opon-Imo

LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, commissioned the first Solar and Electronic classroom, E-Classroom, to boost learning ability of public secondary school students in the state.

The state government also in collaboration with Tanus Book Limited, unveiled its own version of the Opon-Imo, computer tablets, to boost students Information Technology, IT skills.

Fashola who handed over the project at the Ayedere/Ajibola Junior Secondary School, Ketu, Lagos, said that the initiative was to ensure that schools in the state depend less on electricity for their academic activities.

The governor stated that the idea to start in the school was as a reward to the school for winning the year 2013 ‘Power kids’ energy initiative competition for public schools in Lagos.

The governor who was represented by the Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Mr. Taofiq Folami added that the state government has concluded plans to deploy this initiative to all the schools across the state.

Explaining the components in the E-classroom, Fashola said: “The installed system comprises of 55 units of 185 watts, 10KVA inverter, four units charger and 16 units of batteries.

On the tablets, the governor said “This is similar to the opon-imo because they both use computer tablets. And the only addition to this is that we are deploying renewable energy to power the facilities. It is to help the students reduce the number of text books they carry about daily.”

vanguardngr.com

OP, Lagos is heading in the same direction so you a a lot to cry and worry about...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo:Senator Hope Uzodinma's Lover Dies Mysteriously / Official: Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II takes Oath of office / Senate Presidency: Tinubu’s Camp Backs Akume, Amaechi, Others Push For Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.