Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) (43681 Views)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / How Do You Call These Colours In Your Local Dialect? / Do You Know The Names Of Basic Colours In Your Local Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by emmabest2000(m): 10:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Cute or not shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by emmabest2000(m): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2014
More pics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by harlos: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2014
They are Cute smiley

the name? .....undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by shikshark: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2014
english-----porcupine
yoruba----shuku shuku

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Igbo.....Ebiogwu..

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by UjSizzle(f): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Cute smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by DocAdray(f): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
Very cute, tiny things...

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by aAK1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
shikshark: english-----porcupine
yoruba----shuku shuku
this is not a porcupine.its called a Hedgehog in english and lili in yoruba

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by shikshark: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
aAK1: this is not a porcupine.its called a Hedgehog in english and lili in yoruba
sorry sir.....its porcupine but i think a different specie, check the pix below

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by prof800(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
The ones above are not the african porcupines we know. I have not seen their type before.

The ones we used to see those ol' days in the farm looked more like the ones below.
They scared the shiit out of us. grin
I can remember the day my uncle killed one and put it in one of those olden days 'iron pale'. They were not pets to us! They were game! (re: crested porcupines)

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by aAK1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
shikshark:
sorry sir.....its porcupine but i think a different specie, check the pix below
I say it again.that is a Hedgehog. they are all in the same family. porcupines are biger and have longer spyks.if you look at ur google image result very well,you will see that not all the pictures look alike.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by aAK1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
prof800: The ones above are not the african porcupines we know. I have not seen their type before.

The ones we used to see those ol' days in the farm looked more like the ones below.
They scared the shiit out of us. grin
I can remember the day my uncle killed one and put it in one of those olden days 'iron pale'. They were not pets to us! They were game! (re: crested porcupines)
bros thank u o.the picture below is that of a porcupine and its not only native to africa.its the same everywhere.infact I've never seen it except on tv.what we see more around here are Hedgehogs and I actualy had one as pet.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by shikshark: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
aAK1: I say it again.that is a Hedgehog. they are all in the same family. porcupines are biger and have longer spyks.if you look at ur google image result very well,you will see that not all the pictures look alike.
toooor! nagode
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
I grew up knowing that thing as "idiot"

I don't know if actually its d right name.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by virago(f): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
shikshark:
toooor! nagode

He is right , that is a hedgehog. The other picture posted after yours is a porcupine
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by shikshark: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
virago:

He is right , that is a hedgehog. The other picture posted after yours is a porcupine
i remembered playing sonic the hedgehog on sega.....its true
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by aumeehn: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
BUSHIYA: in hausa

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Ninilowo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
aAK1: this is not a porcupine.its called a Hedgehog in english and lili in yoruba
yes...you are very correct.
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2018
That's an hedgehog shocked
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Akeem79(m): 4:34am On Aug 24, 2018
sammyfrosh:
That's an hedgehog shocked
Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by peacefull(f): 5:28am On May 02, 2019
I wrote this animal's name in my language.
I got banned. I didn't even know what meaning is banned. I checked and I learned what is banned. But I didn't write any bad word cry

I think that name in Japanese and Nigerian language have same word but different meaning?

Anyway, very cute animal cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) by Bitrusisa(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Chufe in higi

(1) (Reply)

Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.