Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! (105736 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Who Do You Guys Think Is The Best Writer Here on Nairaland / Business Proposal/ Speech Writer/ Idea Consultant/ Magazine Proposal Writer Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Divepen1(m): 12:26am On Mar 31, 2015
Can we try it for a month

2 Likes

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by sammyomotola: 3:34am On Mar 31, 2015
D9ty7:

I couldn't have said it any better. Aside creating awareness, voters will always be voters. I remember early this year, I went from thread to thread, explained the voting procedures i.e vote for one writer as the best newcomer. Vote three as the writer(s) of the month. People still voted for one person on each category. Some even voted in one category. I think the cause of this is simply the fact that readers have preference. The same way booklovers will always read John Grisham books and turn blind eyes to Hadley Chase books. Readers in this section have one or two writers they like and they will never check other writers out. That's the main problem. But April will be a lot better.
But seriously, Aunty you are selfish o. Kilode! You alone 71 votes, you can't even give out about 20 votes to the writer that came second. In my own opinion, I think you came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... As a matter of fact, you also took the last position.
Congrats once again.
u know of register or log in to read those ones we know but u can help by suggesting new comers/stories
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2015
Divepen1:

Can we try it for a month

I guess we can. but you know that means extra work for both you and I and maybe any other concerned persons.

and please ping me on your selection, I hope you catch my drift?
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2015
Lets give Jezuzboi's suggestion a try for the month of April. If there is any way I can be of help, do tell me.
Cc: Divepen1, Princesa.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:24am On Mar 31, 2015
D9ty7:

Lets give Jezuzboi's suggestion a try for the month of April. If there is any way I can be of help, do tell me.
Cc: Divepen1, Princesa.
okay. reply my pm
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 11:07am On Mar 31, 2015
princesa:

okay. reply my pm
Replied
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
sammyomotola:

u know of register or log in to read those ones we know but u can help by suggesting new comers/stories
if I get ur question correctly, I think its better for readers to go on the mother board every once in a while to check out new additions, its actually accessible to everyone either registered or not. Every one has their preferred genre and suggestions by others might not fully satiate that taste.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kenwins(f): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
princesa:

lol, indeed it might.

But on a serious note, I was actually thinking along that line but thought it might come out too harsh. Now that you've mentioned it, i guess its a possibility.

@d9ty7 and Divepen1, @all
please tell me what you both think
I think it is a bad idea. I dnt have any idea on how to go about it though but then alot of ppl wont grace this thread wen u do d@.
For instance, i read cand.y's story,jezu.zboi story(his debut) and sum oda stories but den d only person worth votin for was cand.y. Blv me, several ppl r too busy to read more dan a story in a month. D9ty7, r u eligible to b voted for? Cuz i want to blv u r among d likes of audrey who shldnt for voted for.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
kenwins:

I think it is a bad idea. I dnt have any idea on how to go about it though but then alot of ppl wont grace this thread wen u do d@.
For instance, i read cand.y's story,jezu.zboi story(his debut) and sum oda stories but den d only person worth votin for was cand.y. Blv me, several ppl r too busy to read more dan a story in a month. D9ty7, r u eligible to b voted for? Cuz i want to blv u r among d likes of audrey who shldnt for voted for.

whoa this is another aspect to it.

What if we make compulsory that a voter must vote someone from the two categories and not just from one as we see now?

Since you said its not compulsory to go for more than one, then atleast the voter will be compelled to go through the upcoming writers works to see who he or she feels is more deserving of his, or her vote

We are just trying to make the voting pattern fair on everyone.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Divepen1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
princesa:

okay. reply my pm
I can't find any
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
Divepen1:

I can't find any
You know the drill na, ping me with the info
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
princesa:

You know the drill na, ping me with the info
Check your mail
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
princesa:

whoa this is another aspect to it.

What if we make compulsory that a voter must vote someone from the two categories and not just from one as we see now?

Since you said its not compulsory to go for more than one, then atleast the voter will be compelled to go through the upcoming writers works to see who he or she feels is more deserving of his, or her vote

We are just trying to make the voting pattern fair on everyone.
Sounds fair enough. I think the writers still need to put this link on their threads. But like Kenwins said, most people don't get to read more than one story a month.

I also think a newcomer can be nominated another month if he/she does not win and is still writing his/her story. Just MO.

Btw, princesa...we still waiting for the windfall for March o! @bukkylizzy

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
In addition to what candy has mentioned,I think writer (upcoming writer),should be nominated twice,that is if they are still writing the story.

Just my opinion cool
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
candy:

Sounds fair enough. I think the writers still need to put this link on their threads. But like Kenwins said, most people don't get to read more than one story a month.

I also think a newcomer can be nominated another month if he/she does not win and is still writing his/her story. Just MO.

Btw, princesa...we still waiting for the windfall for March o! @bukkylizzy
I know, I've sent the account details across, don't worry, you'll receive it soonest.

And I guess you and kitnah are right, Upcoming writers are eligible for re-nomination if they didn't win in their first outing.

The deal however is that, I don't single handedly make the pick, so choices differ. But there are no rules against re-nomination so that too can go.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
The nominees for the upcoming writer awards category are:

Kizzykeziah
Kitnah
jezuzboi

Please, voters are expected to cast their nominations from both category and not a category alone.

Failure to comply will make for disqualification of vote.

Thank you all, voting has from now commenced.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
princesa:
The nominees for the upcoming writer awards category are:

Kizzykeziah
Kitnah
jezuzboi

Please, voters are expected to cast their nominations from both category and not a category alone.

Failure to comply will make for disqualification of vote.

Thank you all, voting has from now commenced.
This is, & will remain an honor to me for a longer time than history can record. A very big thanks to princesa & the team. I really appreciate.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by repogirl(f): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
I vote kizzykeziah.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kinwayne(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
Princesa please write out the voting format so we can clearly understand so as to avoid mistakes in voting cuz a lazy reader like me can't stress my self and read all the talk you guys have said above or is the voting format still like before? . Thanks
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wow!!!

This is damn suprising

When did I join nl sef?

Win or no win?? It sure means a lot

Thanks princesa
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kizzykeziah: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wow, I didn't really expect a nomination now and it really means a whole lot to me.

Thanks a million times for the nomination.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
There are two categories for you to cast your votes;
1. BEST NEW COMER OF THE MONTH
2. BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH

1) Best newcomer of the Month: Here, THREE candidates are nominated, & the voters will determine who wins by voting for their preferred writer among the three. In this category, each voter is entitled to vote for just one writer out of the three Nominees. Below are the nominees and the links to their stories; Read carefully to vote well.

1. Kizzy.Keziah.....[size=13pt]Eothen-Our losses;[/size] https://www.nairaland.com/2100458/eothen-our-losses

2. Kit.nah............[size=13pt]Twisted Love[/size]; www.nairaland.com/2209664/twisted-love#31883316

3. Jezuz.boy.........[size=13pt]I & Ogechi[/size]; https://www.nairaland.com/2175592/ogechi#31242557

2) The best writer of the month: Here, the voters are given the privilege of casting their votes for a minimum of one and a maximum of three writers from the literature section who have thrilled you with their writing. Note: Previous winners of this award cannot be voted for again.

BELOW ARE THE WRITERS WHO HAVE WON BEFORE AND CAN NOT BE VOTED FOR AGAIN

Prince.sa......................err 2014

Sammy.hoe......................May 2014

Temitope.Daniel................June 2014

Audrey.Timms..................August 2014

D9t.y7 ............................September 2014

Roy.ver...........................October 2014

Dive.pen..........................November 2014

Therock.555.....................December 2014

Tiffany.J..........................January 2015

Fantasy.Island..................February 2015

Can.dy............................March 2015

[size=14pt]Best new comers’ category 2015[/size]

Kin.wayne....................January 2015

Chinweblinkz...................February 2015

DOMAWO.LEYE..................March 2015

[size=14pt]The rule:[/size] Your vote has to be this way in order to be valid and counted.

BEST NEWCOMER OF THE MONTH; (Vote for one of the three nominated writers)

1. XX.XX

BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH; (Vote for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 writers in the literature session who have thrilled you with their writing and haven't won before)

1. XX.XX
2. XX.XX
3. XX.XX
(Optional)

N/B: Without your vote being casted in the above format, It would certainly be nullified.

Thank you for your support!
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Missmossy(f): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
Best Newcomer of the month:

jezuzboi

Best Writer of the month :

Candy
LarrySun
Bigwig97
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by cherie02(f): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Best Newcomer of the month
jezuzboi

Best Writer of the month
LarrySun
Adegwurulez
Bigwig97
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Good job there @Jezuzboi.
The last two posters above me voted just the way we wanted.
Pick up your PVCs nd vote.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kenwins(f): 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
cherie02:
Best Newcomer of the month
jezuzboi

Best Writer of the month
LarrySun
Adegwurulez
Bigwig97
larry.sun? Plz drop d link....i v got to grace d@ thread.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kenwins(f): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
D9ty7:
Good job there @Jezuzboi.
The last two posters above me voted just the way we wanted.
Pick up your PVCs nd vote.
is larry.sun nt baba for writing? He's eligible to b voted for? Y didnt anyone vote for u den? I tot u all n d@ includes larry.sun n princes.a r among d BODs and so aint.....
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
kenwins:

is larry.sun nt baba for writing? He's eligible to b voted for? Y didnt anyone vote for u den? I tot u all n d@ includes larry.sun n princes.a r among d BODs and so aint.....
Larry is just one of the few greatest writers that I respect. I don't knw why he hasn't won this prize before. Even d9ty7, the amateur won the prize in september 2014.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kenwins(f): 12:03am On Apr 02, 2015
D9ty7:

Larry is just one of the few greatest writers that I respect. I don't knw why he hasn't won this prize before. Even d9ty7, the amateur won the prize in september 2014.
owkies...so does d@ explain y u werent voted for? That means not fantasy nt cand.y cn b voted for again?
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by JigsawKillah(m): 12:03am On Apr 02, 2015
Best Upcoming Writer

Jezuzboi

Best writer

Onihaxy
Larrysun
flow1759
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Writer of the month
Larrysun

Vantee20

Adegwugurg
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by malonephill(m): 12:23am On Apr 02, 2015
Best newcomer writer

Kitnah

Cc
D9ty7
Larrysun
Bigwig97

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply)

A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters / Love Really Is Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.