Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency (3207 Views)

Poll: Would an Igbo president be ok?

No way!: 29% (17 votes)
Maybe: 70% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

2019 Igbo Presidency-we Are Not Interested-ipob / Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid / Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency by nkemkelly(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2006
Would you like an Igbo man or woman to become Nigerian president? Please let me know.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Odeku(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2006
Yes, I am a Yoruba man, and I will prefer Igbo man as president compare to Hausa man, the Northerners has nothing to offer the new Nigeria but corruption and embezzlement, I know I will be stepping on toes by that statement, but its the reality we've been experiencing since independent.
Re: Igbo Presidency by raldsfield(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2006
I am an Igbo man, i really don't care where the next president comes from, as long as is a man has the heart to move this Nation forward against all odds. A man that can bring hope to the people and can make people believe in him.

A man of character, wisdom and Full of Action. He could come from anyway, but puts Nigeria before his Tribe. As a President his is neither a Yourba, an Hause or an Igbo. He is a Nigerian.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Chxta(m): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2006
One'd have thought that tribal politics would be dying out by now. . .
Re: Igbo Presidency by Mariory(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2006
No chance. That will be around for a while yet. The politicians won't change. It is when the people stop buying into their ethnicity bullshit that they will stop using it in politics.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by Chxta(m): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2006
Depressing thought. . .
Re: Igbo Presidency by Hotstepper(f): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2006
i have said that da solution for this " which tribe will rule" every upcoming election is that it should be in turn, now it was a yoruba man, 2007 can be an igbo man, hausa, whereva and within that ethnic group, they pick candidates and Nigerians will select 4rom there cuz am tired of this " itz igbo' turn" and hausa comes with their wahala, more like they r struggling for wealth, IBB AND BUHARI should go and rest tongue
Re: Igbo Presidency by Seun(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
Re: Igbo Presidency by Danejol: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
I nominated Cheif Ike inwachuku to be the next president of Nigeria.
why? because he is the most humble man igbo pple every have, who posses all qulaity of a leader, tolarance and perceviance, respecting pple way of thinking e.t.c . with all polical tabloits that 5th generation of politiciants are agitating he is busy thinking on how Nigeria can be agreat nation.
Ilove some one of his caliber and so do good Nigerians.

Aliyu A. Mohammed
Yola.
Nigeria
Re: Igbo Presidency by nkemkelly(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2006
i pray that an igbo man should be given the opportunity to rule so that we can get to see what they've got for Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Presidency by mrmayor(m): 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2006
I don't care who or where the next president comes from provided he/she

1.Has not stolen from the Nigerian People.
2.Has not been involved in the Selection we call Election in Nigeria.
3.Would try all Ex Military Governors and their thieving Civilian friends

I personally would like people like Prof. Charles Soludu,Ngozi Iwela,Pat Utomi,Dora Akunilu,Nasiru Ribadu to get the ticket for Aso Rock
Re: Igbo Presidency by Nutter(m): 2:32am On Jul 19, 2006
Danejol:

I nominated Cheif Ike inwachuku to be the next president of Nigeria.
why? because he is the most humble man igbo people every have, who posses all qulaity of a leader, tolarance and perceviance, respecting people way of thinking e.t.c . with all polical tabloits that 5th generation of politiciants are agitating he is busy thinking on how Nigeria can be agreat nation.
Ilove some one of his caliber and so do good Nigerians.

Aliyu A. Muhammad
Yola.
Nigeria

Those who settle for lowered standards will always celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Igbo Presidency by emeka83: 5:25am On Jul 19, 2006
how come the poll options only have "maybe" and "hell no", how about "hell yes"!!!! I hope that this an honest mistake. undecided
Re: Igbo Presidency by Mystique(f): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2006
So many 'igbotics' in the house grin grin
Re: Igbo Presidency by faa(f): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2006
hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Igbo Presidency by Bialegend(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2006
By the way, who is this nkemkelly and what does NO WAY and MAYBE  stands for in your ridiculous poll??.  I have come to realize that some IGBO efulefus will have no problem discussing "if and why" the likes of IBB and Buhari should be given chance to rule nigeria or not, but will easily dismiss the call for the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and any other IGBO person to rule nigeria. Yorubas didn't have any problem during the call for OBJ whom Orji Uzor Kalu is a million times better, academically and otherwise to rule nigeria. Hausas didn't have any probelm during the time their own were ruling and messing up nigeria, and they will still root for and do anything to bring back the likes of IBB, buhari, shagari, abdusalam abubakar to rule nigeria again. While all these crazy things are happening among yorubas and hausas, it's a shame that some IGBO efulefus will resort to engage with the same hausas and yorubas in laying out criteria to meet up by an IGBO person before he can be able to rule their stinking nigeria. Refer to the topic of Orji Uzor kalu for president to see what i am talking about. Has any of nigerias past rulers including the present OBJ passed any special criteria before ruling nigeria??, NO, so why would such be a hurdle to pass by any IGBO presidential aspirant??. They have ruled nigeria with slowpoke presidents, so shall we IGBOS and the south south rule nigeria with slowpoke whatever. When it's their turn again to rule nigeria, they should talk about criteria and then we shall also follow suit when it's our turn. As for now, criteria my ARSSSS.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Nutter(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2006
@Bialegend,

I understand your position but the fact remains that Kalu is the biggest efulefu of recent times. He tendered an apology on behalf of Ndigbo who chose to defend themselves during the war. Can you imagine?! The little rat! He shall never receive any form of shelter from me. My tongue shall not fall silent. Mba! Additionally, he is a failed leader. See:

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=33

If the report is wrong, please point out where.
Re: Igbo Presidency by goggoji(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
hey I dont mind an Igbo man but when I travel to the South East I wonder where their Federal Allocation goes to and I wonder if they can handle Nigeria! Dont blame me its what I see everyday aound onitsha, chris uba (the God father), mbadinuju et al
Re: Igbo Presidency by Nutter(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2006
emeka83:

how come the poll options only have "maybe" and "hell no", how about "hell yes"!!!! I hope that this an honest mistake. undecided

I didn't even notice that. Well spotted Emeka! Bia, Nkem, how far?

goggoji:

hey I don't mind an Igbo man but when I travel to the South East I wonder where their Federal Allocation goes to and I wonder if they can handle Nigeria! Dont blame me its what I see everyday aound onitsha, chris uba (the God father), mbadinuju et al

I am not in a foul mood today. You are lucky.
Re: Igbo Presidency by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2006
Bialegend:

By the way, who is this nkemkelly and what does NO WAY and MAYBE  stands for in your ridiculous poll??.  I have come to realize that some IGBO efulefus will have no problem discussing "if and why" the likes of IBB and Buhari should be given chance to rule nigeria or not, but will easily dismiss the call for the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and any other IGBO person to rule nigeria. Yorubas didn't have any problem during the call for OBJ whom Orji Uzor Kalu is a million times better, academically and otherwise to rule nigeria. Hausas didn't have any probelm during the time their own were ruling and messing up nigeria, and they will still root for and do anything to bring back the likes of IBB, buhari, shagari, abdusalam abubakar to rule nigeria again. While all these crazy things are happening among yorubas and hausas, it's a shame that some IGBO efulefus will resort to engage with the same hausas and yorubas in laying out criteria to meet up by an IGBO person before he can be able to rule their stinking nigeria. Refer to the topic of Orji Uzor kalu for president to see what i am talking about. Has any of nigerias past rulers including the present OBJ passed any special criteria before ruling nigeria??, NO, so why would such be a hurdle to pass by any IGBO presidential aspirant??. They have ruled nigeria with slowpoke presidents, so shall we IGBOS and the south south rule nigeria with slowpoke whatever. When it's their turn again to rule nigeria, they should talk about criteria and then we shall also follow suit when it's our turn. As for now, criteria my ARSSSS.

It amazes me to see that most people has not realized the trend that is going on in Nairaland, most people that brandish them selves as IBO'S on this site are really not, is all but propaganda war fare, you might end up finding out that most of this IBO THIS, IBO THAT threads are all clones and from the same source, am beginning not to pay attention to them, before you bother much about any of this kind of threads, first evaluate the constructivity, most of the cloned threads are mostly antagonistic.
Re: Igbo Presidency by nkemkelly(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2006
nutter and co all i was just triying to find  out here is Nigerians opinion as regards to their thought weather they think an IGBO man should be given an opportunity to serve this country,and i actually know why you guys are directing your views to ORJI UZOR KALU,it's because he happens to be the only igbo man shouting and struggling about his ambition.do you have any other names of people who you think are willing to handle this position?but before you go ahead and make your contributions i would like you to remember that the good man is the man who,no matter how morally unworthy he has been,is moving to become better.come to think of it,we've all made mistakes in one way all the other.Even when you look at how humans are designed to learn;we learn by making mistakes.we learn to walk by falling down.If we never fall,we would never walk.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Nutter(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2006
nkemkelly:

do you have any other names of people who you think are willing to handle this position?

Dr Patrick Okedinachi Utomi.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Hotstepper(f): 3:13am On Jul 20, 2006
@goggoji, you are too ignorant 4real, There is no diff. b/w Onitsha and Lagos and go down to that Onitsha now and see a diff, Don't talk wat you don't know.

Yea, igbo's can rule but not kalu plz
Re: Igbo Presidency by Txlonghorn(m): 3:19am On Jul 20, 2006
Hotstepper:

@goggoji, you are too ignorant 4real, There is no diff. b/w Onitsha and Lagos and go down to that Onitsha now and see a diff, Don't talk what you don't know.

Yea, igbo's can rule but not kalu plz

My dear don't mind those ppl sef na jealousy go kill all of them. It's always about Igbo this Igbo that on NL. angry
Re: Igbo Presidency by Chxta(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2006
But come to think of it, this thread is actually quite silly. . .

Asking if an Igboman would be okay as president is the same thing as asking if my guy's dogs would be good guards.

The answer to both questions is purely subjective.

Igbomen such as Arthur Nzeribe (again!) and Orji Kalu would make terrible presidents. On the other hand, Igbomen such as Emeka Chikelu and Ike Nwachukwu would make fine presidents IMHO.

Same way, a Yorubaman such as Awo would have made a terrible president, while MKO would have made a fine president.

Those are just my opinions, and once again, the question is purely subjective. Those who voted Hell no need to have their heads examined. Same as those who are trying to make this a tribal thread. . .
Re: Igbo Presidency by buchio7(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2006
lets not talk abt any ibo man but a man dat can really make d ibos proud and we have dozens and dozens of such men in d south east who can really show d stuff dat dey r made of by putting into governance hardwork,integrity,dedication and charisma. No doubting d fact an exceptional ibo man will make a good president for nigeria. he must be able to command respect from other ppl not go out of his way to beg for recommendation. ppl like utomi will be good,anyaoku,chikelu e.t.c.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Chxta(m): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2006
Exactly. Although I kind of disagree with Utomi making a good president on his own (he's not a politician, but a fine businessman), I think with the right advisers he would make an excellent president. And I believe he has the brains to build such an economic team.

One more thing, Utomi being from Delta State may actually be the solution to the Igbo/South-South problem. What says ye?
Re: Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 23, 2006
I dont see anything wrong with it, Why shouldnt they? any tribe can be a pres.
Re: Igbo Presidency by buchio7(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2006
it is unlikely wit d type of elements we have in politics today dat d best man will win, either way we just have to be optimistic by doing our civic duties in voting for the person our individual conscience tells us is suitable, lets c
Re: Igbo Presidency by stanech: 10:57am On Jul 30, 2006
Well People like Charles Soludo, Emeka Anyaoku, Chukwuemeka Chikelu and Mrs World Bank Okonjo Iweala Can make a good president For all I care
Re: Igbo Presidency by Seun(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2006
Only the former finance minister will do. I'm not interested in the other names listed!
Re: Igbo Presidency by Badman888(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2006
All this things about tribe dosent make sense, what we should be looking 4 is who can rule the country, some peeps say south south, North and this. we need a good ruler and thats it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Untold Story Of Slavery! / What Is The Difference Between Panel & Committee / Nigeria's Military Power Vs Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.