Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,790 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (27227 Views)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom Service Providers / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Shine1177: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Op tanx. I just blocked Empty Hen. Enough!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by BenGlobal1(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Its more annoying when in school n u r expecting an alert, d keep sending those annoying text messages. Expercially *empty-hen
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by idumuose(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Empty hen as Ɣ☺u put it is so annoying with useless text messages.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by adusco(m): 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: wonderful work op, i followed your explanation and it worked but the problem now is that these network providers now call me on phone oooooooo angry

any remedy to that

FTC

interested in online importation business QUOTE ME
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by DocAdray(f): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one, thanks for sharing OP...
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by bigbossman10(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
honestly op u dnt kw d gud deed u av on by sharin dis info. doz sms alwaz irritate me. tnx v.much
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
informative
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by djaybaba: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Deeman87: Text STOP SET to 35777

Guy u wicked o!
Why didn't you warn us that they will remove our 100 naira?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Deeman87: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
djaybaba:

Guy u wicked o!
Why didn't you warn us that they will remove our 100 naira?
I sincerely apologise 4 dat bt did u activate it b4 tryin 2 opt out?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Misbee(f): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thank u so so much.Haaah! Ope o
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by donclark(m): 12:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Thank you for this Op
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 3:43am On Jul 11, 2014
Appswheel: I just visited your blog. Welldone!
you're welcome bro
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by djaybaba: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Deeman87: I sincerely apologise 4 dat bt did u activate it b4 tryin 2 opt out?
No I didn't activate it, I just want to stop receiving their SMS.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by johnaruson(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2014
The best is to use Avast anti virus on android. i succeeded in blocking over 50 network numbers on my dual sim andoid. etisalat is crazy sms spammer.

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2014
johnaruson: The best is to use Avast anti virus on android. i succeeded in blocking over 50 network numbers on my dual sim andoid. etisalat is crazy sms spammer.
you're right about that, but not only avast, kaspersky and most other security apps do have the option.

My only problem with security apps on android is that; it does look like a dummy item kept only for draining batteries at the quickest possible interval grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Deeman87: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
]][quote au. thor=djayb. aba]
No I didn]'t. activate it, I just want to stop receiving their SMS.[/quote]. dats why....since u r now been charge 4 it, u may b active on it nw. In dis case kindly send STOP SET to 35777. But b4 den ensure u dnt av upto N100 so dat u won't b charge again.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Oahray: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ayorh4you: They picked Akanni up one morning
Beat him soft like clay
And stuffed him down the belly
Of a waiting jeep.
What business of mine is it
So long they don't take the yam
From my savouring mouth?
They came one night
Booted the whole house awake
And dragged Danladi out,
Then off to a lengthy absence.
From my savouring mouth?
Chinwe went to work one day
Only to find her job was gone:
No query, no warning, no probe -
Just one neat sack for a stainless record.
From my savouring mouth?
And then one evening
As I sat down to eat my yam
A knock on the door froze my hungry hand.
The jeep was waiting on my bewildered lawn
Waiting, waiting in its usual silence.
damn! I love this. Who composed it?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Edunwa302(m): 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
colonel20:
I tried it this morning, unfortunately after sending me a removal acknowledgment text, I got more messages from 5011,5021,5022

Modified... 2 more messages from 5031 angry
same here 24hrs after i sent mine, is like i just activate more sms, dey even caledl me 2day wit 4500 i dont tink dere is away out of dis guys rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by kwaifa252(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2014
I need call blacker app with mode of not reachable, switch off.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Ayorh4you(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2014
Oahray: damn! I love this. Who composed it?

ITS A POEM BY Not My Business - Niyi Osundare
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2014
kwaifa252: I need call blacker app with mode of not reachable, switch off.
call blocker has the option to forward directly to voice mail
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by hrmkz: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ok
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
It just got worse. They now send 4 to 5 messages everyday. smh.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by pickabeau1: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
miracle4: call blocker has the option to forward directly to voice mail

Which app for bb10
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Which app for bb10
bb10 devices can run android apps, figure that buddy
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by pickabeau1: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
miracle4: bb10 devices can run android apps, figure that buddy

I want native apps...dude..
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2014
miracle4: This already seems to be the new trend in town, GSM Operators have assumed the position of spammers and marketing experts. Hardly can one have a peaceful 24hrs without getting those unwanted, unsolicited and extremely annoying text messages and calls from Telecom Service Providers.

As the yeah draws closer to a halt, we have figured out some really helpful insight to help you put this silly trend under control.

What seems to work already with “MTN Nigeria” Subscribers

Prior to this time, we have discussed in details (link here) what seems to be a solution to Nigerian subscribers using the MTN services.

What works for every other Mobile Telecom Service Providers

This set of solutions should work for you irrespective of your mobile telecommunication services provider. It takes into account; apps, tips and tricks to put this annoying marketing campaigns under control.

[size=17pt]Article Source[/size]
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by honsule(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Ayorh4you:

ITS A POEM BY Not My Business - Niyi Osundare

lovely Poem
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Xcrews: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2014
@ Thread owner , please permission to this on your thread. this is genuine.

Make unlimited calls free....doubt is allowed but
try me.
We will surprise you to your marrows
08164490691 is the number to add on whatsapp

just send me on whatsapp the number we want us to call you on
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Gbemi95i(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
IF YOU TEXT STOP TO 33111,IT STOPS!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by TrevorDJ(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
Are you getting too many unwanted text messages in your inbox? This guide explains how to block text messages on iOS and Android devices.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-block-text-messages-on-ios-and-android/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria / The Nokia 6: Price And Full Specifications / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Review 1 Year Later - Should You Buy It In 2018?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.