Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 PM

Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God - Religion (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God (1354902 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY APRIL 29, 2020

Clean Heart
TEXT: Psalm 51:1-10

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

The heart is the controlling organ of blood supply to the body. It pumps approximately 2,000 gallons (7,571 litres) of blood every day through its chambers. The heart is very important. Life ceases when the heart stops working. However, in Scripture, the heart refers to the innermost part of man, the seat of intelligence, emotions, thoughts, feelings, conscience, character and morals. The condition of our hearts determine our actions - whether negative or positive. Some experts estimate that about 2,500 - 50,000 thoughts pass through the average human mind daily, and about 70% of them are negative.

A defiled heart is in trouble, hence the Bible says: "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23). David sinned and tried to cover it but found himself in another sin. He later confessed before Prophet Nathan. His prayer for pardon is the subject of our text today. Sin brings pollution and loss of favour with God. The troubled heart can only get peace through genuine repentance. If you are troubled by sin, take it to God in prayer.

Quote: "A defiled heart is in trouble."

Chɑllenge: "Do you have freedom or condemnation in your heart?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me a clean heart."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY APRIL 30, 2020

Pure Conscience
TEXT: Acts 23:1 23:1-5

"And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day" (Acts 23:1).

Every one's actions are weighed by one's conscience whether they are right or wrong. When David cut the garment of King Saul in the dark, he lost his peace. His conscience smote him until he confessed it (1 Samuel 24:5). Job made up his mind not to defile his conscience by lusting after women. He had retained the active inner controlling principle called conscience. It is the judge of our actions. Some people's consciences are dead, killed by the habit of rejecting its warnings. People who are exposed to God's word and obey it have pure consciences.

A youth shared a pathetic story of how he got to prison. He went out with a group of boys but soon sensed that they were heading for armed robbery. He heard an inner witness saying, "This is not you; what's happening to you? Where are you going to?" He struggled with his conscience until they carried out the operation and he was caught while all others escaped. He did not obey the voice of his conscience. Jesus' blood purifies defiled consciences.

Quote: "Jesus' blood purifies defiled consciences."

Chɑllenge: "Your conscience is God's check and balance in you."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to maintain a pure conscience."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY MAY 01, 2020

Labouring For The Lord
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 15:8-11

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58).

One thing that human beings cannot run away from is work or labour. Every labour entails service, service for oneself or for others. There is reward for every service rendered. It will come from men or from God. Evangelist Billy Graham, who preached at large crusades and on one-to-one on the streets, said, "The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and the helpless." Billy laboured for God and brought many sinners to Christ. He has gone now for His rewards. Notice that all the benefits for serving God are for us Christians and the lost, not God. Yet, He does not mind when we say we are labouring for God.

God owns us; He also owns all the resources (material and spiritual), that we may sow in time and reap in eternity. Yet, He is not asking us for any part of the harvest we receive. Could there be a more profitable venture in life than serving God? Never!

Quote: "God owns us; He also owns all the resources."

Chɑllenge: "Nothing could be more profitable than serving God."

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to invest wisely for eternity."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
Every Egyptian you saw in the past months you will see no more For God shall Fight for you and you shall hold your peace, all your expectations from January to Date shall he fulfil In Jesus name

Happy New Month of MAY.

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2020
I Have Been Blessed (That's What I Have, That's Who I am)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAd0f-B1PGs
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MAY 2, 2020

Spiritual Stamina Of Saints
TEXT: Hebrews 5:11-14

"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Hebrews 5:14).

The bones that hold our body together are hidden inside our flesh. It is these hard parts that enable us to walk, talk, jump and be shapely. The flesh and bones are developed from the nutrients in the food we eat. The undernourished person will not be strong. He will lack vitality for physical exercise and his intelligence quotient will be low. The strength of the born-again youth manifests in his/her zeal, ability and joy in serving the Lord. Spiritual stamina is the energy and strength for coping long in challenges.

At salvation, we need the word in simple form for growth. The more we learn, believe and confess, the stronger we become. Also, we must endure temptations and overcome trials. The youth that neglects these means of growth, including regular personal quiet time and church fellowship, will not grow. Our Lord Jesus declared, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (John 6:63). Delight in God's word for growth and stamina.

Quote: "Spiritual stamina is the energy and strength for coping long."

Chɑllenge: "Delight in the word of God for strength."

Prɑyer: "Give me wisdom to tap spiritual strength."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On May 02, 2020
The Same Old Way: DLBC Adult Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCr9PJE19s8
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY MAY 3, 2020

Rebuilding The Rejected
TEXT: Galatians 2:11-21

"For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor" (Galatians 2:18).

Saul was once an injurious and dreaded fellow. He obtained letters for the arrest of Christians and went after them. This act had a devastating effect on the church. In his unguided zeal, he continued with his arrest mission to Damascus where the unexpected happened! Jesus met him on the way, and trembling, he surrendered his life to Christ. He became Paul, the great Apostle, who doggedly took the gospel to the Gentile nations in the face of fierce persecutions.

It was this same Paul who wrote of the danger of backsliding in our text. He referred to it as rebuilding that which he once destroyed or rejected. Backsliding involves turning away from the Lord and getting entangled again in sin or the pollution of the world (2 Peter 2:20). A believer who goes back to lying, keeping malice, stealing, drinking, smoking, having interest in worldly music and movies, is rebuilding the things he once rejected. Do you feel ashamed of your Christian identity? If yes, then, there is an urgent need to return to Jesus. He is always ready to receive you.

Quote: "Backsliding is getting entangled again in sin."

Chɑllenge: "Never go back to the sins you left behind."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to remain steadfast in You."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2020
HE THAT WALKETH RIGHTEOUSLY - DLBC CHOIR HQs Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZdBmXxypeI
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2020
Adult Choir Ministration - Walk with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3Zvs0LXfI
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MAY 4, 2020

Praise Is Pleasant
TEXT: Psalm 147:1-12

"Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely" (Psalm 147:1).

Fanny Crosby (1820-1915), a blind hymnist and composer, wrote more than 8,000 hymns and gospel songs. One of her popular hymns, "Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus Our Blessed Redeemer," beautifully describes the splendour and majesty of Christ in such an exquisite gusto that it fills the singer's heart with indescribable glow and assurance of Christ's awesomeness. Fanny's poetry, combined with musical notations in her hymns, made a combination of great praise that gives such pleasantness that she once remarked, "If perfect earthly sight were offered me tomorrow, I would not accept it.

Praise brings the soul closer to its Maker. David the psalmist, who was described in the Bible as a man after God's heart, enjoyed the peace and calm it brings even in the midst of troubles and trials. A life of gratitude is always filled with praise to God. There is so much God has done in our lives that we should be grateful for. So, start your day by offering praises and thanksgiving to God out of a pure heart, and experience His awesome love and provision. God inhabits our praises.

Quote: "God inhabits our praises."

Chɑllenge: "Reflect on God's love and offer praise."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, let my mouth always sing Your praise."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2020
And the Glory of the Lord (Orchestrated): Deeper Life Adult Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7KP_VwAOw
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
Deeper Life Campus Choir: The Heavens And The Earth Proclaim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofST9G8Y0Y
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY MAY 5, 2020

Resolve To Get Results
TEXT: Philippians 3:12-16

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize" (Philippians 3:13, 14).

Usain Bolt, a world renowned sprinter and nine-time Olympic gold medalist, began his career at the age of 15. In a video clip on, 'How to Win The 100m,' his words were, "To me, good reaction is key because I am kind of a poor starter. "If I get a good reaction, I can get myself in the race even if my first couple of steps is poor...From start to 30 meters, that's my drive through. Keep your bodies forward, keep your head down and just keep driving, driving, driving."

If the world's fastest runner had his own fair share of challenges and still made it to the finish line in record-breaking time, you can also determine like Paul, to keep pressing on, be it in your studies, career or gospel work, until you achieve the results you desire. The key lies in remaining focused and having a strong resolution, no matter the odds that come along your path. Remember, a poor start can still produce a strong finish if only you resolve to keep pressing forward. Never give up! The way forward is onward.

Quote: "A poor start can still produce a strong finish."

Chɑllenge: "Dare to be an achiever today."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make all my efforts result-oriented."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2020
No Barriers Can Keep Us Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCHFLjrVPgc
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY MAY 06, 2020

The Beginning Of Brilliance
TEXT: PROVERBS 9:1-12

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10).

"How can I do this great wickedness and sin against God?" These were the words of young Joseph, a slave boy in Potiphar's house who was tempted to commit immorality by his master's wife (Genesis 39:9). Instead of yielding to fear and self-pity, he rejected the offer boldly in profound allegiance to God.

Although this act of refusal eventually landed him in prison, little did he know that it was a step towards his greatness. God honoured him immensely with wisdom to interpret Pharaoh's dreams and that catapulted him to the position of Egypt's Prime Minister.

God is our Creator. He has given all humans the mental capacity to enhance their existence through the application of wisdom. However, unsaved youths are more likely to exhibit earthly, sensual and devilish wisdom which eventually destroys them (James 3:15).

A Christian youth is so privileged. With God in his heart to daily guide his decisions and actions, he thrives brilliantly on the path of goodness and honour. Godly youths do great exploits. Are you in desperate need of wisdom? Just live your life daily in holy reverence to God.

Quote: "Godly youths do great exploits."

Chɑllenge: "Seek God daily for divine wisdom."

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, guide my steps in holiness today."

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2020
Hallelujah Chorus - Deeper Life Concert Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSVVKTsZ48
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45am On May 06, 2020
Praise to the Lord, the King of Creation: The Concert Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS6WlyQXWQE
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2020
Deeper Life Youth Choir Mini-Concert (Gbagada Inauguration)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QLI6CeBC3Q
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On May 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY MAY 7, 2020

Get Divine Guidance
TEXT: Jeremiah 10:17-27

"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23).

Billy Graham, the popular American evangelist, died in 2018 at the age of 99. While growing up on a dairy farm in North Carolina, it did not appear that he would one day become one of the world's greatest preachers that ever lived. According to his biography, he had preached to over 215 million people in over 185 countries, aside the numerous audiences he also reached through television, radio and his writings. But, it all began at the age of 16 when Billy accepted Christ in a revival meeting and felt the leading to continue his education in a Bible institute.

God knows all about you. Your life is an open book on which inscriptions are made day by day. Decisions and actions are consequently taken that can either make or mar your future. Like Jeremiah, all you need to do is to seek God in prayer and guard against worldly distractions. God will surely give you the very best for He knows what is just right for you. He guides through His written Word, dreams, trance, visions and counsels of His holy servants.

Quote: "God will surely give you the very best."

Chɑllenge: "Daily commit your ways to God in prayer."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, lead me by Your Spirit."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2020
The Victory To Win - Deeper Life Adult Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBvbJHAePc
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2020
Youth Choir Concert during Inauguration Ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQAPYpPZRro
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY MAY 08, 2020

A Terrible Temper
TEXT: Jonah 4:1-11

"And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live" (Jonah 4:8).

When God gives us revelations, He wants us to pray, claim the good ones and reject the bad ones. The revelation God used Jonah to declare to the Ninevites was of impending death and destruction. The king and his people knew they had sinned. They fasted and prayed earnestly for pardon; God saw their sincerity and heard their prayers. They escaped judgment and destruction. Only a merciless prophet would be angry when people repent. Jonah ought to rejoice at their salvation but he was angry.

As Christians, we preach to warn sinners to escape damnation. Our prayer and wish is that they have hope of eternal life. The salvation through Christ's sacrifice is not for a few. The heat of the sun was meant to teach Jonah how terrible hell looks like so that he could empathise with sinners. A bad temper weakens your character and exposes you to the scorching sun of God's displeasure. For a youth who desires God's blessings, the Bible enjoins you that you put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy and filthy communication (Colossians 3:8). Repent today and Jesus will transform your life.

Quote: "Strive daily to enter the kingdom."

Chɑllenge: "Rejoice with the rejoicing and weep with the weeping."

Prɑyer: "O God, give me a transformed heart."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2020
A New Commandment: DLBC Campus Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brw94dMrSp4
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by Luchiana1(f): 1:35am On May 09, 2020
If you awake click and join *Today is the Final impartation & Testimony NIGHT of our 40days Prayer and Fasting
Don't be ungrateful, if the Lord has done something in your life during the course of this 40 days.Testify
If you have not been participating, join the eleventh hour miracle session.
We shall be starting from
*11pm-2am*. https://mixlr.com/christ-omega-vision-network
God bless us all
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MAY 9, 2020

The First Thing
TEXT: Matthew 6:25-34

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

God created us in His image to show forth His glory. He gave us power and abilities to enable us to rule with Him. According to Dave Myers, "God's purpose for telling us 'seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness' is to help us develop, through our experiences in this life, His holy and righteous character, and prepare us to rule under Christ as kings and priests on this earth." We should take our eyes off the cares of this life that are capable of dimming our vision of things of eternal benefit. Righteousness qualifies us for all round blessings both here and in eternity.

Do you have God's righteousness? Are you seeking first His kingdom? To have the righteousness of God, you must surrender your life to Christ, and God the Father will input to you His righteousness. You must obey God's Word always, and be full of the fruit of the Spirit. Temptations may come to you, but strive daily to enter the kingdom by putting on the whole armour of God.

Quote: "Look on the brighter side of life."

Chɑllenge: "Righteousness prepares us to reign and rule with Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to live a righteous life."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Turn The Situation Over To God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2020
Conserving The Saints Till Christ Comes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFmFHlyZP1c

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (111) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.