Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ - Religion (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ (1381059 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59am On May 25, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MAY 25, 2020

Dorcas' Documentary
TEXT: Acts 9:36-42

"Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them" (Acts 9:39).

"Man should not consider his material possession his own, but as common to all, so as to share without hesitation when others are in need," said Thomas Aquinas. A true believer must show genuine concern and active interest in the well-being of others. God, Others and Me (GOM), is the noble order for all Christians. Use all resources at your disposal - clothes, shoes, food, money, time, talents and skills to meet the needs of others. According to a song writer:

"If I can help somebody as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody with a word or song,
If I can show somebody that he's travelling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain."

Dorcas was a benefactor. She ministered to the needs of others. Showing heartless indifference towards the needy is evil. Sow, even if with tears, today. There is joy in harvest. Heaven will surely worth it all. Never close your eyes to people's needs when you are in position to be of help. You will only be remembered by what you have done.

Quote: "Somebody needs your love."

Chɑllenge: "Never close your eyes to people's needs"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a channel of blessing to others"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2020
Show Us The Ancient Path - DCLM Campus Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfYpec4RK84
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2020
DCLM Youth & Campus Choir - Me And My House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6RlaoJblk
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY MAY 26, 2020

Deterred Or Determined?
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 11:1-8

"He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4).

Someone revealed that, "The Chinese are believed to be the most determined species of the human race. Once they set their minds to achieve a goal, nothing stops them." Compare them with the experimental flea sample as reported below. Flea trainers have observed a predictable and strange habit in fleas while training them. Fleas are trained by putting them in a cardboard box with a top on it. The fleas would jump up and hit the top of the cardboard box over and over again. After many failed attempts to jump out, they no longer jump high enough to hit the top. When the lid is taken off, the fleas will no longer jump out of the box. They will not, not because they cannot jump out, but because they have conditioned themselves not to jump just as high again and remain at the same spot.

Some youths restrict themselves and never reach their potential. They fail to jump higher. Remove every limitation, whether in your spiritual or academic work. A determined youth will persist where others retreat. Never be overwhelmed.

Quote: "A determined youth will persist."

Chɑllenge: "The crowd will give way to a determined person"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, not to succumb in the face of any obstacle"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2020
DLBC Youth Choir: Now, I'm On My Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDc3gZp5DM
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2020
The Cause Of Christ by DLBC Youth Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEV9Yq5weE
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18am On May 27, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY MAY 27, 2020

Bought With The Blood
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods" (1 Corinthians 6:20).

"Plunge into the 'fountain filled with blood, drawn from Immanuel's veins,' and in an instant you are whiter than snow. Every speck, spot, and stain of sin is gone, and gone forever," says C. H. Spurgeon. There is no sin that can defy the cleansing power in the blood of Jesus Christ. The worth of a soul is invaluable and the price of our redemption is inestimable. Just as the redemption of the Israelites from Egypt required the blood of the paschal lamb, so also our redemption from sin and its consequences required the blood of Christ, "the lamb of God."

In eternity, prayers will not be heard, repentance will be too late. Also, certificates, riches, laurels, insignias, plaques and diadems will not make up for the eternal loss. Youths that revel in sin should know that the pleasures of sin will turn to excruciating pain and everlasting punishments. There is power in the blood of Jesus to make the foulest sinner clean. Hurry up! Put off your garments of sin and be washed in the blood of Jesus Christ today.

Quote: "There is power in the blood of Jesus."

Chɑllenge: "Jesus paid for your redemption with His blood"

Prɑyer: "Thank you Lord Jesus, for my redemption"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On May 27, 2020
Let The Church Say Amen - Lagos DLBC Youth Choir Ministration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0Hg2kKbMM
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On May 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY MAY 28, 2020

Born A Second Time
TEXT: John 3:1-8

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

John Newton, the author of the hymn 'Amazing Grace,' was asked if he expected to have any surprises in Heaven. He said, "I believe I will have three surprises in Heaven. I will be surprised at how many will be there who I thought would not be there. I will be surprised that many will not be there who I thought would be there. But most of all, I will be surprised that I will be there." To be there in heaven, you must be born again. It is non-negotiable. Religious duties and activities are not sufficient. The new birth transforms lives.

People get the experience in various ways. The Philippian jailor came to Christ during an earthquake in the prison. Lydia's experience came through the gentle touch of the Holy Spirit upon her heart. Others got theirs through reading Christian books, tracts or the Scriptures, like the Ethiopian Eunuch. The resultant effect is the same. Sin is destroyed, the sinner's life is transformed, and a new life begins. You can only be born again through repentance and faith in Christ's blood.

Quote: "The new birth transforms lives."

Chɑllenge: "Are you born again?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me that new man, for you alone can!"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020

Avoid Anger
TEXT: Jonah 4:1-11

"Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?" (Jonah 4:4).

A black cobra (snake), looking for its supper, entered the workshop of a carpenter. It accidentally bumped into a double-edged metal axe and got slightly injured. In anger, the snake bit the axe with full force. Out of fury, the cobra wound itself round the object to strangle and kill it for causing it pain. It continued wrapping itself very tightly around the blades. The next day, the carpenter found a dead cobra wrapped around the axe blades. The cobra died as a result of its own anger and wrath. Angry people cause more harm to themselves. Anger is one letter short of danger and a letter different from angel. When the letter 'R' (rage) is replaced by 'L' (love), a believer becomes an angel.

Someone said, "holding to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." Jonah learnt this lesson in a hard way. Those who are born again and purified can conquer anger and other sins. Are you born again? Acting right is hard in anger.

Quote: "Acting right is hard in anger."

Chɑllenge: "Anger rests in the bosom of fools"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I want to be totally free from anger"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On May 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MAY 30, 2020

A Little Leaven
TEXT: Galatians 5:7-15

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump" (Galatians 5:9).

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of kills by the deadliest animals reveals that sharks and wolves kill an average of 10 people; elephants and lions kill 100 people; hippopotamuses kill 500 people; crocodiles kill 1,000 people, and snakes kill about 50,000 people yearly. Small insignificant mosquitoes kill more than 1 million people every year. Though a mosquito does not seem scary or dangerous like snakes, crocodiles and lions, it is however the deadliest of the above named creatures.

Murder, adultery, abortion, witchcraft and idolatry are classified as flagrant or "great sins" by some Christians. However, such believers play down on supposed "little sins" like exaggeration, malice, half-truth, nonchalant attitude to God's word, envy, jealousy, unforgiving spirit, hypocrisy, eye service, evil speaking, slander, position seeking, compromise, conformity to the world, criticisms, impatience and lust. Jesus did not categorise sin. The so-called "little sins" are ruinous. We must repent of the tiniest "little sin" which we know that our conscience has condemned. Every sin has the capacity to drag anyone to the pit of hell. Do not tolerate any sin.

Quote: "The so-called "little sins" are ruinous."

Chɑllenge: "It does not matter is what really matters"

Prɑyer: "Set me free from every sin, O Lord"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY MAY 31, 2020

Bid For The Best
TEXT: Romans 8:28-32

"But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way" (1 Corinthians 12:31).

Someone said, "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without it." The natural instinct in human beings is to take the path of least resistance to settle for whatever good thing is available when something better is just ahead. This is the reason why many youths end up in mediocrity in life. A young man who was desperate to gain admission to the university told his friends that all he wanted was a degree, even if it was a degree in human waste disposal. Eventually, he was admitted to a university where he worked very hard to read law and became a successful Barrister at law. He did not see himself suitable for the best initially but later changed his mind and got it. Remember, the good is the enemy of the best.

The Israelites missed God's best because of disobedience and impatience. If you will not settle for anything less than your best, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish in your life. To get God's best, give him your best - your life.

Quote: "The good is the enemy of the best."

Chɑllenge: "Only the best is good enough"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to always settle for your best for my life"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2020
Join Us For Sunday Virtual Service

OLAADEGBU:
JOIN THE ONLINE SERVICE
Video
https://www.youtube.com/user/DCLMHQ
Browser
https://webcast.dclm.org/
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/dclmhq
Twitter
https://twitter.com/dclmhq
Dclm radio video
Download the app and click the video
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
For audio only
Radio android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
Radio online
English
https://radio.dclm.org
Yoruba interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/yoruba
Igbo interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/igbo
Hausa interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/hausa
French
https://radio.dclm.org/french
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On May 31, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JUNE 1, 2020

Preference For Power
TEXT: Acts 3:6-10

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" (Acts 3:6).

In everyday life, the word 'power' has a wide range of meanings. In physics, however, it has a very specific meaning. It is a measure of the rate at which work is done or energy is transferred. Electricity power, for example, enables our electrical and electronic gadgets to work. Just as power is needed in our daily life, so it is in our spiritual life, especially for youths who want to do extraordinary things for God. According to Warren W. Wiersbe, "It is futile for us to try to serve God without the power of the Holy Spirit. Talent, training and experience cannot take the place of the power of the Spirit."

Like the young David and Bezaleel, you need the Holy Ghost power for exploits. The disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ had to wait for the power from on high. When it came, the first message Peter preached brought about three thousand souls to the Lord. After salvation and sanctification, you should thirst and pray for the Holy Ghost power. Believers should prefer the Spirit power to anything else.

Quote: "Thirst and pray for the Holy Ghost power."

Chɑllenge: "Pray and receive power for exploits"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to tarry for the Holy Ghost power"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44am On Jun 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JUNE 02, 2020

Christian Continuity
TEXT: John 8:31-36

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed" (John 8:31).

Christian continuity simply means a Christian faithfully serving the Lord and obeying His word till the end. Many of Christ's disciples continued in His word till the end of their lives. David Livingstone, the young Scottish doctor, is a contemporary example of Christians who continued in Christ's word till the end.

Though he was an explorer and missionary to Southern Africa, he was also an abolitionist who believed that slave trade was evil and that it was the preaching of the gospel and commerce that could end it.

Livingstone suffered in the course of the gospel work, including an attack by a lion, but remained steadfast. He said, "I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my goal." He died from dysentery and malaria, on his knees, praying on May 1, 1873, at age 60.

Jesus told "those Jews which believed Him..." not just anybody, but those who believe on Him, to continue in His word. Have you believed in Him? Are you continuing in His word? You are His true disciple if you are.

Quote: "Many of Christ's disciples continued in His word."

Chɑllenge: "Livingstone continued, though married with three children"

Prɑyer: "Help me oh God, never to look back, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JUNE 03, 2020

They Came, Saw And Believed
TEXT: John 2:13-25

"Now when He was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in His name, when they saw the miracles which He did" (John 2:23).

At the time of the Passover, a yearly commemoration of the deliverance of the children of Israel from slavery in Egypt by God's intervention, many people usually went to Jerusalem to observe the feast. People who went for the feast saw the miracles performed by Jesus as our text above says, and many believed in Him.

This shows clearly that miracles activate faith to believe the gospel. It should be made clear however that it is not everything that seems miraculous that is from God. Remember Pharaoh's magicians!

We, as believers, must not miss any opportunity to show forth the glory of God. When people attended the Passover feast, Jesus ensured that they heard the truth and saw God's power at work. Miracles are proof providers. Many people's doubts concerning Christ were cleared and they had no option but to believe on Him.

Pray and use every opportunity to preach Christ, be it at school, camp meeting or social gatherings. Just as T. L. Osborn's miracles drew multitudes to Christ, so did Billy Graham's powerful preaching. Go and do likewise.

Quote: "Miracles are proof providers."

Chɑllenge: "Use every opportunity to preach Christ"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I believe, You are the Christ"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JUNE 04, 2020

Followers Of Fornicators
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 5:9-11

"I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators" (1 Corinthians 5:9).

Someone said, "You are known by the friends you keep." In life generally, it will be difficult not to follow somebody or a group of people. However, those you follow are most likely to influence your life for better or for worse.

You have to think and pray well before deciding to follow anyone. As a Christian, there must be some good qualities in a person or group which you must consider before keeping company with them.

Apostle Paul told the Corinthian Church, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). Paul had the character and spiritual qualities that any believer would like to emulate. His good qualities were derived from his followership of Christ, our great Model.

As an unlawful consensual sexual relationship between two unmarried opposite genders, fornication is immoral, devilish and sinful. It separates a believer from God; it leads to guilt and breeds venereal diseases.

Do not follow fornicators in real life or on social media, even if they are movie or music stars. God's counsel is, "flee formication" and "keep yourself pure." Be warned!

Quote: "Fornication separates a believer from God."

Chɑllenge: "Do not follow fornicators in real life or on social media"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to keep myself pure in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Goshen360(m): 4:28am On Jun 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JUNE 04, 2020

Followers Of Fornicators
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 5:9-11

"I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators" (1 Corinthians 5:9).

Someone said, "You are known by the friends you keep." In life generally, it will be difficult not to follow somebody or a group of people. However, those you follow are most likely to influence your life for better or for worse.

You have to think and pray well before deciding to follow anyone. As a Christian, there must be some good qualities in a person or group which you must consider before keeping company with them.

Apostle Paul told the Corinthian Church, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). Paul had the character and spiritual qualities that any believer would like to emulate. His good qualities were derived from his followership of Christ, our great Model.

As an unlawful consensual sexual relationship between two unmarried opposite genders, formication is immoral, devilish and sinful. It separates a believer from God; it leads to guilt and breeds venereal diseases.

Do not follow fornicators in real life or on social media, even if they are movie or music stars. God's counsel is, "flee formication" and "keep yourself pure." Be warned!

Quote: "Fornication separates a believer from God."

Chɑllenge: "Do not follow fornicators in real life or on social media"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to keep myself pure in Jesus' name"

See more here:

On the challenge at the end of the beautiful article or write up, how about evangelicals who follow and/or support fornicators such as Trump? What should be said about these evangelicals? undecided cry wink
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Goshen360:

On the challenge at the end of the beautiful article or write up, how about evangelicals who follow and/or support fornicators such as Trump? What should be said about these evangelicals? undecided cry wink

Maybe you should read the devotional properly to know the meaning to observed what is referred to as fornication before commenting. See excerpts below for the underlined. smiley

As an unlawful consensual sexual relationship between two unmarried opposite genders, fornication is immoral, devilish and sinful. It separates a believer from God; it leads to guilt and breeds venereal diseases.
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Goshen360(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe you should read the devotional properly to know the meaning to observed what is referred to as fornication before commenting. See excerpts below for the underlined. smiley

Know ye not that married people too commit fornication? Abi you want make I start dey quote scriptures ni?

Again, how about evangelicals who follow and/or support Trump? What should be said about those evangelicals and btw, most of these evangelicals sees Trump as the best thing to ever happened to America.
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Goshen360:

Know ye not that married people too commit fornication? Abi you want make I start dey quote scriptures ni?

Again, how about evangelicals who follow and/or support Trump? What should be said about those evangelicals and btw, most of these evangelicals sees Trump as the best thing to ever happened to America.

Fornication according to the context of this devotion has been defined as "an unlawful consensual sexual relationship between two unmarried opposite genders." You are free to argue its meaning or whether it can include same genders but this is not the section or thread to debate this. If you insist on debating on that subject then feel free to go to the Foreign section and open a thread to that effect. Don't spam this thread with your confusion.
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JUNE 5, 2020

Clear Conscience?
TEXT: Acts 24:13-16

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24:16).

The conscience is the part of the mind that tells whether one's action is right or wrong. It is situated in the soulical region of man. Our conscience could be clear or guilty depending on our actions or inactions. The conscience raises alarm when we are deciding or acting wrongly. No true Christian can go against his conscience and have peace.

Martin Luther, in his Diet of Worms Speech declared, "I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I cannot do otherwise. God help me." Indeed, God helped him and delivered him from a planned cruel death. However, some youths are not only going against good conscience today but also God's Word and godly parental instructions. These kinds of youths are said to have "...their conscience seared with a hot iron."

A genuine Christian youth must of a necessity, have a sensitive conscience. This happens when one is born again and made pure. A silent conscience signifies a backslidden state. On the other hand, a sensitive conscience enhances self-criticism which is core to Christian growth.

Quote: "The conscience raises alarm."

Chɑllenge: "Is your conscience silent or active?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to have a guilt-free conscience always"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JUNE 6,2020

Force Of Envy
TEXT: John 12:9-11

"But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death; Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus" (John 12:10, 11).

John Mason, said, "When you make your mark in life, you will always attract erasers." He was talking about envy, which means discontent aroused in others by your fortune or success. The fallen nature of man attracts envy. This is why it is common with those yet unsaved. However, Wellins Calcott advises, "Take heed you harbour not that vice call'd Envy, lest another's happiness be your torment, and God's blessing become your curse." When Cain envied Abel because God honoured the sacrifice of Abel and his was rejected, the result was torment in his heart leading to the first murder {Genesis 4:8}.

Today's text exposes the envy of the Jews for the Lord Jesus Christ because He miraculously raised Lazarus from the dead. In fact, they wanted to kill Lazarus in order to destroy the evidence of Christ's miracle. You see the force of envy? A joyful event was almost being turned into sadness due to envy. You should be happy at your friends success and promotion. If you are not, then you must be born again to have God's nature of love and peace.

Quote: "The fallen nature of man attracts envy."

Chɑllenge: "Envy kills its host before its target"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, give me a pure heart to love"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Goshen360(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Fornication according to the context of this devotion has been defined as "an unlawful consensual sexual relationship between two unmarried opposite genders." You are free to argue its meaning or whether it can include same genders but this is not the section or thread to debate this. If you insist on debating on that subject then feel free to go to the Foreign section and open a thread to that effect. Don't spam this thread with your confusion.

I thought as much.... grin grin cheesy
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Goshen360:

I thought as much.... grin grin cheesy

Let's see your hand in the Foreign section if you insist on talking about Trump. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JUNE 7, 2020

Sure Increase In Strength
TEXT: Isaiah 40:28-31

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength" (Isaiah 40:29).

In our text, power and strength are showcased as qualities God provides to improve the conditions of His children. There is however, a similarity between power and strength. Power is explained as the ability, strength and capacity to do something. So, when God gives you power, strength is attached to it, and vice versa. You can approach God for mental, physical, spiritual and emotional strength. King David said, "They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God" (Psalm 84:7). You can appear before God also to praise and request Him for needed strength. The youthful David received strength to do exploits for the Lord, including the killing of Goliath.

Are you a child of God? Have you been made clean by the blood of Jesus? Appearing regularly before the Lord guarantees sure capacity to function excellently in all we do. With God's strength, you can shine in education, career or Christian ministry; just trust God. Men like Smith Wigglesworth and John Wesley were achievers because they received increased strength as they walked with God.

Quote: "With God's strength you can shine."

Chɑllenge: "Go to God for increase in strength"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, give me strength to serve You better"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by Goshen360(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Let's see your hand in the Foreign section if you insist on talking about Trump. smiley

Trump is a virus to the American people and I will rather see his ass out of office this year than talking about him and the fake evangelicals. If you have anything for me and Trump in the foreign section, mention or invite me and trust me I'll be there... grin grin.

You're so smart to know YOU are part of the evangelicals I was talking about so you changed the subject but I'll be watching YOU
Re: Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ by MuttleyLaff: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.