Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376709 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Goshen360:

Trump is a virus to the American people and I will rather see his ass out of office this year than talking about him and the fake evangelicals. If you have anything for me and Trump in the foreign section, mention or invite me and trust me I'll be there... grin grin.

I know you have bitten the poisonous pill called "Progressive Christians" who are not Christians at all will not be happy with the policies Trump is putting in place, to them Trump is a virus.

Goshen360:

You're so smart to know YOU are part of the evangelicals I was talking about so you changed the subject but I'll be watching YOU

I am an evangelical bible believer who believes that the Bible is God breathed and is applicable to our individual and national lives this is anthetical to the progressives' ideology who would want to push the antichrist agenda.

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2 -bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]

Are you a progressive or evangelical Christian? Whose report do you believe? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JUNE 8, 2020

Justice Based On Judgment
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

"For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:14).

Some people live morally reckless lives as if they are lords of their own lives and over the lives of their fellow humans. However, God is the Lord over all. He knows and sees our actions; no action can escape God's watchful eyes. He records them all - good or bad - and offers just reward and punishment. Justice in the nations may be weak with innocent people being punished while the guilty are set free. But it is not so with God. According to David Augsburger, "The imperfection of justice in this life is the strongest proof that in the next world, justice and vengeance will be fulfilled to the uttermost."

In today's text, King Solomon observed the certainty of God's coming judgment. God's Word also declares, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). However, though the wages of sin is death, God's gift of eternal life is available for those who receive Jesus Christ. Their sins are forgiven and they are declared guiltless. Rejecting Christ and continuing in sin is the basis of condemnation to hell.

Quote: "No action can escape God's watchful eyes."

Chɑllenge: "Though it may tarry, God's judgment is sure"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to obey Your commandments"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Goshen360(m): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I know you have bitten the poisonous pill called "Progressive Christians" who are not Christians at all will not be happy with the policies Trump is putting in place, to them Trump is a virus.

I am an evangelical bible believer who believes that the Bible is God breathed and is applicable to our individual and national lives this is anthetical to the progressives' ideology who would want to push the antichrist agenda.

TRUMP IS NOT YOUR MESSIAH!
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Goshen360:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14).

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved. Jesus Christ is Lord!
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JUNE 9, 2020

People For The Top Place
TEXT: Deuteronomy 28:8-11

"And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath..." (Deuteronomy 28:13a).

In any competition, be it in sports, creative arts or academics, when a competitor separates himself from the ordinary run-of-the-mill competitors by stretching himself beyond limits, during training and the main event, records are often broken and a new champion emerges. Such people dare to set aside previous best records that stand as limits. According to Zig Ziglar, "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." Yes, that little extra in practice, study, revision, prayer and self-discipline.

Our text assures us that God will lift any barrier standing between His children and the top place, be it in academics, career, social and spiritual endeavours. Lifting the limits can be done by God if we trust Him, rightly deploy our talents and do our best.

Tiger Woods, the world champion in golf, said, "I just try to be the best I can and hope that is the best ever." If you are beneath now, the story can change and you will move up to become above only as you turn to God for the turnaround.

Quote: "Turn to God for the turnaround."

Chɑllenge: "Tough times never last, but tough people do"

Prɑyer: "Lord, lift off all limitations in my life in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Goshen360:

Jesus is my Messiah! What about you?
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JUNE 10, 2020

Youth And Unequal Yoke
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 19:1-2

"And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? Therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD" (2 Chronicles 19:2).

When a Christian goes into any strong relationship with an unbeliever, it is regarded as an unequal yoke. This is so because the unbeliever can influence the believer to walk contrary to the Christian tenets, be it in friendship, business or marriage. Many believers have grown lukewarm or fallen outright from the faith due to unequal yoke. Someone said, "The right relationship will never distract you from God. It will bring you closer to Him."

Christians should learn a lesson from the rebuke and discipline received by the righteous King of Judah, Jehoshaphat, for being intimate with, and supporting Ahab, the wicked and ungodly King of Israel, in his war effort against Syria. We should not be intimate with those who hate God. Christian youths should, by this, avoid intimate relationship with those who hate God and His Word.

Who are your friends? Are they cultists, examination cheats, smokers, idolaters and fornicators? Though you are expected to love everyone, you should not, as a child of God, keep company with sinners, or join them in their sinful practices.

Quote: "Who are your friends?"

Chɑllenge: "To be forewarned is to be forearmed"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to avoid sinful relationships"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JUNE 11, 2020

Press Toward The Mark
TEXT: Philippians 3:12-16

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14).

In a piece of advice to believers, Tony Fox says, "This is the time for us to make the necessary adjustments if there are things we need to change in our lives so that we may bring glory to God." Receiving eternal life in God's presence in heaven is the "high calling" to which Paul is referring in the verse above.

To press on toward it, therefore, means to exert deliberate, maximum effort for the purpose of attaining it, just as a runner in a race drives for the finish line. The Christian must continually strive toward that goal through service and obedience, and in love and gratitude to God for the final salvation. Of course, the possibility of eternal life in heaven for the Christian is there only through God's grace and Jesus' saving work, rather than anything that we do in this life. So, it demands that we surrender our lives totally to God and "...lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" (Hebrews 12:1).

Quote: "Surrender your life totally to God"

Chɑllenge: "How do you run the heavenly race?"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, help me not to miss the prize of God's high calling"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JUNE 12, 2020

Bind The Strong Man
TEXT: Mark 3:20-30

"Or else how can one enter into a strong mans house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house" (Matthew 12:29).

God's desire for a man is to be free, yet, many times man chooses to stay in bondage, pain, and in partnership with the devil, thereby allowing the ravages of sin to take control of his life and destiny. If you are a friend of the devil, and yet you want to bind him, then you are a joker. You must change your camp - be on the Lord's side to defeat the devil. Someone stated, "We dare not underestimate the power and influence of Satan, yet we need not fear him either. He is a strong man whom Jesus has bound, and he is unable to hold on to what rightly belongs to God and His people.

"We can preach the gospel with confidence, knowing that the Lord will use it to liberate sinners from the devil's snare. If we trust in Christ, we are on His side, and He will give us the victory over the devil and all his minions." Amen! Beloved, as it was in the days of old, so it is today; "...the battle is not yours, but God's..." (2 Chronicles 20:15). Therefore, to war against the strong man and be able to bind him, you must fight the good fight of faith by being in Christ and using all our weapons of warfare; including, God's Word, faith, righteousness and prayers.

Quote: "Fight the good fight of faith"

Chɑllenge: "You cannot bind the devil with human weapons"

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from the strong man"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JUNE 13, 2020

The Better Covenant
TEXT: Hebrews 12:22-29

"And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel" (Hebrews 12:24).

Someone defined a covenant as, "An agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not to do something specified. It presupposes two or more parties coming together to make a contract, agreeing on promises, stipulations, privileges, and responsibilities. In Church ministry, it is a solemn agreement among the members of the Church to act in harmony with the precepts of the gospel."

A covenant is a scriptural agreement between us and God. The Bible reveals two types of covenants - the Old Testament Covenant with Abraham, and the New and Better Covenant with Jesus Christ. Abraham was obedient when God called him to go from his country, his kindred, and his father's house. Because of his obedience and faithfulness, he and mankind became blessed. However, the new and better covenant is based on the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and the call on humanity to salvation, which is an effectual call. You may not receive such an extraordinary call to leave everything behind, and go to an unfamiliar territory, like Abraham, but God is calling everyone to repentance, sanctification and service.

Quote: "Abraham was obedient"

Chɑllenge: "Obey God to enjoy His blessings"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, give me an obedient heart"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JUNE 14, 2020

Christ Cleanses The Temple
TEXT: Matthew 21:12-14

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves" (Matthew 21:12).

Stephen Beale writes, "In a ministry marked by great mercy and kindness, the incident involving Jesus and the money-changers stands out;" adding that though the whipping sometimes appears to apply to the money-changers themselves, the original Greek indicates that the whipping was primarily directed at the sheep and the oxen.

However, by overturning the tables of the money-changers, Jesus was justly showing His anger against the worldly commercial activities corrupting the holiness of the temple; a place set apart by God for solemn dignity, holy adoration, and prayer, but turned into a place of noisy commerce, the bellowing of cattle and the bleating of sheep.

The expulsion of the animals symbolised the new order of worship and the end of mediation toward God by sacrifice where the temple of God has no sacrificial rite. It simply meant replacing the Mosaic system with the presence of Jesus who scourged the sheep and Himself was scourged for us. The Scripture says your body is the temple of God. So, make it a holy place and flush out any corrupting thing that dishonours God.

Quote: "Your body is the temple of God"

Chɑllenge: "Make your body a holy place always"

Prɑyer: "Heavenly Father, purge me of whatever dishonours You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JUNE 15, 2020

A Hardened Heart
TEXT: Hebrews 3:7-14

"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear His voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness...)" (Hebrews 3:7, 8).

In his article, "Jesus Calling: How Well Are You Listening?" J. A. Medders sees selective hearing as a common disorder in young people. Because of hardened hearts, they choose to listen only to the things that please them, and turn deaf ears to the real purpose of the call. They would say: "I couldn't hear my Dad telling me to do [wash] the dishes or take out the trash, but I could hear him whispering about my upcoming birthday presents." Such children are not the only ones with such selective hearing, but such a problem, also known in the Bible as disobedience, also affects many Christians today.

As a disciple of God, you must always listen attentively to the voice of the Lord, because it is vital to the Christian life. Following Jesus genuinely demands non-selective hearing from Him. You may never hear His voice with your ears, but He does speak to you. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). He speaks via the Scriptures. So, you can listen to Him by studying His Word and obeying it totally.

Quote: "Listen attentively to the voice of the Lord"

Chɑllenge: "Obey God's word always"

Prɑyer: "Merciful God, purge me of hardness of heart"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JUNE 16, 2020

Duty-Bound To Honour Dad
TEXT: Ephesians 6:1-5

"Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth" (Ephesians 6:2, 3).

Somebody said, "Don't anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours." In response to the request of His disciples, "teach us how to pray" (Luke 11:1), Jesus taught them a classic prayer outline, which eventually became popularly known as 'our Lord's prayer.' The very first line, "...Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name..." (Luke 11:2), conveys a sense of reverence for God as our heavenly Father. Similarly, our earthly fathers deserve to be held in high honour, "for this is well pleasing unto the Lord," who clearly commands all to "Honour thy father" (Colossians 3:20; Exodus 20:12).

As a young boy, Joseph honoured his father, Jacob, by going on errands for him in Canaan, and later cared for him in Egypt in his old age, feeding and providing for his needs. How do you care for your father, both natural and spiritual? If, therefore, you desire "that thy days may be long" (Exodus 20:12), simply obey God by honouring your father.

Quote: "Obey God by honouring your father"

Chɑllenge: "Honour thy father and be blessed with long life"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, please help me to honour my father well"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JUNE 17, 2020

Wisdom's Worth
TEXT: Proverbs 4:1-10

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding" (Proverbs 4:7).

According to David Chan, "Wisdom refers to the ability to see the 'big picture' and translate one's experience and knowledge into good judgment and decisions," adding that it is less about academic intelligence. Wisdom is one of such things which are indispensable to living a fulfilled and successful life. In other words, wisdom is an acquisition we cannot do without in life. That is why the Bible is so emphatic about the importance of wisdom. The Lord says in Proverbs 3:13 "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding."

As Michael Bradley insists in his article, "All Knowledge and Wisdom Comes From God," all the "treasures" of wisdom and knowledge are "hidden" in God the Father and Jesus Christ. With such wisdom, you can overcome every problem or crisis in your life, because wisdom will always make you think before talking or acting. Therefore, in your spiritual, academic, and social life, always seek godly wisdom from the Lord, because the wisdom of the world is for the world only.

Quote: "With such wisdom, you will overcome"

Chɑllenge: "Always seek wisdom from God"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, teach me not to depend on my own wisdom"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JUNE 18, 2020

All That Glitters - 1
TEXT: Proverbs 5:1-12

"But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell" (Proverbs 5:4, 5).

Quoting a new study, Roxanne Khamsi says that, "People are fooled by magic tricks, even if their eyes see past the illusion." Tricks work by distorting our perception, even though they do not fool our eyes. Similarly, outward appearance can be greatly misleading. Gold is a very valuable metal. It has an attractive and glittering appearance too. But it does not mean that everything which glitters like gold must be precious. There are utterly valueless things that look like gold, and taking them on the face value is unwise. On the contrary, some of the dull-looking things in life may possess immense value.

This is also true of human beings. The person you may see as having an attractive appearance may not be godly or possess any great abilities, and can even turn out to be unscrupulous. Therefore, learn to judge people on the basis of the content of their character and abilities, and not on their external appearance. Does your friend have Christian virtues? Possibly, he or she is just a misleading glass piece dazzling and glittering like a diamond.

Quote: "Does your friend have Christian virtues?"

Chɑllenge: "Don't always trust what your eyes see"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me a discerning spirit"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Jun 19, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JUNE 19, 2020

All That Glitters - 2
TEXT: 1 Samuel 2:22-26

"Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation" (1 Samuel 2:22).

Though almost universally used now, Shakespeare is the best-known writer to have expressed the idea that "shiny things aren't necessarily precious things" in the original editions of his play, The Merchant of Vernice. The book carries the line, 'all that glisters [glitters] is not gold.' This proverbial expression was in general circulation well before Shakespeare's day. For instance, the 12th century French theologian, Alain de Lille, also wrote, "Do not hold everything gold that shines like gold."

Our Bible text of today is quite instructive. The two sons of the chief priest in Israel, Eli, were notorious for immoral conduct. They slept with women who went to God's house in Shiloh for worship. Imagine such a terrible sin! Were they not married? You may ask. Yes, at least, Phinehas was (1 Samuel 4:19). Adultery and formication may seem great, but are ways of death - physical and spiritual. Are you free? How is your closeness with members of the opposite sex in your church, school, neighbourhood, or even people living in your home? Stolen waters are sweet? Not really. Repent before it is too late.

Quote: "Stolen waters are sweet"

Chɑllenge: "Avoid walking by sight"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, guide me in my life's choices"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JUNE 20, 2020

He Will Take Care Of You
TEXT: Luke 12:22-28

"Consider the ravens: For they neither sow nor reap; Which neither have storehouse nor barn; And God feedeth them: How much more are ye better than the fowls?" (Luke 12:24).

John Piper said, "God is behind everything," and totally relying on Him frees you from the laments, complaints, and sorrows of the world, because He is a Rock-solid, Unshakable and Omnipotent Reality.

In 1904, W. Stillman Martin, a Baptist minister, was about cancelling his preaching engagement because his wife was very ill. However, his nine year old son asked him, 'Daddy, don't you think that if God wants you to go preach today, He will take care of Mother while you are away?' The minister replied, 'Yes son, I know He will.' Thus encouraged, the minister went for his preaching engagement. On his return, he found his wife greatly improved. She handed her husband a poem she had written while he was away. He composed the tune, and in a moment, the great hymn, "God Will Take Care of You," was ready.

Read the lyrics of this stanza:

Be not dismayed what'er betide,
God will take care of you,
Beneath His wings of love abide,
God will take care of you.

Praise God! He will take care of His children. Are you one?

Quote: "Totally relying on Him frees you"

Chɑllenge: "Don't let your sorrows drive you away from God"

Prɑyer: "O God, take care of all areas of my life"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JUNE 21, 2020

Fighting Fear With Faith
TEXT: Luke 8:22-25

"And He said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! For He commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey Him" (Luke 8:25).

Of fear, Christine Caine said: "Deep...fear can be crippling. If you let it, it will hold you back from experiencing all that God has for you. It will come between you and your destiny."

Many young people are raised with the mindset that no matter how bad things are, they can get even worse. They justify such fears in times of natural disasters, economic crisis, diseases, and joblessness. They easily feel shaken by prevailing chaos, turbulent times and devastating events.

Yet, the Bible assures us that with Christ and in Christ we can live unshakeable, no matter what turmoil we face. Are you living in fear? Faith can conquer it all, because the battle against fear is a battle for our faith.

That is why the Scripture tells believers to "Fight the good fight of faith" (1 Timothy 6:12). To silence the lies of the enemy, you need to allow your faith to grow by praying, believing and declaring God's Word in your life. His Word is a powerful weapon you have in your fight against fear.

Quote: "Allow your faith to grow"

Chɑllenge: "Never forget that faith can conquer it all"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to overcome fear with faith"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JUNE 22, 2020

Hear From God Habitually
TEXT: 2 Samuel 2:1-7

"And it came to pass after this, that David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah? And the LORD said unto him, Go up. And David said, Whither shall I go up? And He said, Unto Hebron" (2 Samuel 2:1).

According to Norm Rasmussen, "God always has our best interests at heart, but our flesh wants to cast its vote and make its wishes and desires known, and we tend to follow what our flesh wants rather than what God wants." Unfortunately, the human "flesh nature" does not obey God. Many young people tend to use their reasoning abilities without consulting God on any of the decisions that they make.

Yet, you can hear God better when you ignore your flesh. It may sound impossible, but if you must hear an answer from God, like David in our text, ignore the voice of the flesh and never let your emotions hinder you from hearing the voice of God. Abraham and Moses heard from God. Jesus heard from God always. He was "dead to self," because He knew that "the mind of the flesh" is directly opposed to the things of God. In order not to be deceived by the devil, ensure you pray, study the Bible regularly, and always listen to God's Spirit.

Quote: "Ignore your flesh"

Chɑllenge: "Do you consult God in the things you do?"

Prɑyer: "Gracious God, let the devil not deceive me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JUNE 23, 2020

Be Bold
TEXT: 1 Samuel 17:32-37

"Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God" (1 Samuel 17:36).

Robert Taibbi thinks that people who are bold are those "who are decisive - those bold risk-takers, the firmly committed ones, those who can stand-up, make a decision and march boldly ahead. So solid and resolute, so in command of their lives." He says these bold people should not be confused with those who are simply impulsive, and seem to be driven by their emotions, rather than their rational brains and values.

It was boldness that made David step up and take a solid decision to face and kill Goliath. If you are faced with some indecisions in your life, then bear in mind that they are the result of anxiety, which is the act of filling your head with endless negative thoughts. Such a situation is capable of generating a myriad of awful attempts to try and control the future that can't be controlled. As a God-fearing, bold and decisive person, you may be caught up in emotional potholes, but truth is, you will always climb out of them. So, make an effort to step outside your comfort zone and take God-guided actions.

Quote: "Step outside your comfort zone"

Chɑllenge: "Take God-guided actions"

Prɑyer: "Grant me boldness, Oh God, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by KBARBIE(f): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2020
Do you know that you don't need to worship IDOLS before you commit the sin of IDOLATRY; Fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence (lust) and covetousness are all IDOLATRY. Col 3:5. Shallom.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JUNE 24, 2020

Living A Reckless Life
TEXT: Luke 15:11-19

"And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living" (Luke 15:13).

In an article titled, "Life's Too Precious For Reckless Rides," Subang Jaya equates a reckless life to "maneuvering to ride between two moving vehicles," where the rider can lose control of his machine and land on the road, with the risk of being hit by a vehicle.

It is expensive to pay with one's dear life just to get the thrills of speeding and weaving between vehicles on the busy highway of life. Some people, like the Prodigal Son, may be fortunate to survive "near misses," but others might not be that lucky.

Living recklessly, especially in your spiritual life, can lead to woeful crashing just as some power bike riders have done. Idling around town, instead of spending time studying the Word of God and your academic books, can increase your risk of "being in the wrong place at the wrong time", and getting assaulted.

Reckless living causes pain to individuals and families. So, in life, avoid the extremes and find the right balance. Always look for the warning signs of recklessness in your life, if you do not want to crash.

Quote: "Reckless living causes pain"

Chɑllenge: "Spend time with God"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, rescue me from any form of reckless living"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JUNE 25, 2020

Man In Three Dimensions
TEXT: Genesis 2:4-8

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7).

From time immemorial, when He created man and placed him in a "material" world, God's great desire was to have communion and fellowship with him. That creation of man came in three dimensions - body, spirit and soul.

The body was meant to make communication with both the spiritual and the temporal worlds possible. He also created man with a spirit dimension (breathe of life) to enable man communicate with Him and be linked to His spiritual, eternal, and heavenly world. The third dimension of man called "soul" is the union of the spirit and body at creation.

You must, therefore, know that you are a special creation of God, whom He delicately formed out of the earth, breathing into your body the breath of life and equipping you with five senses.

God expects you to make your body the home of His Spirit, so that you will be able to have fellowship with Him, love and worship Him. Let the spirit in you be God's dwelling place, your soul the dwelling place of your conscience; and your body, the dwelling place of your senses.

Quote: "You are a special creation of God"

Chɑllenge: "We are uniquely made: body, soul and spirit"

Prɑyer: "Dear God, make me your dwelling place, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JUNE 26, 2020

The Outward Man Perishes
TEXT: Corinthians 4:14-18

"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Corinthians 4:16).

Our outward man is our physical body with which we contact the physical world. The inward man on the other hand, is the spiritual aspect of man with which we contact the spirit world. When talking about Christian resurrection, Apostle Paul stated, "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15:44). The outward man perishes (grows weak, gets sick, grows old, dies and decays). The spirit man does not die and must be renewed daily by feeding on God's word, praying and living holily. Rick Warren declared, "One day my heart is going to stop, and that will be the end of my body...but not the end of me."

The important question is, as you take care of your body, do you care for your spirit? Are you preparing to spend eternity with God or with Satan? You may live to be 70 or 100 years old, but after death, you live forever. Where will you spend eternity? You need to be born again.

Quote: "After death, you live forever"

Chɑllenge: "The inward man is more important than the outward man"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to take care of my inward man"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JUNE 27, 2020

God's Amazing Words
TEXT: Psalm 119:97-105

"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: Therefore I hate every false way" (Psalm 119:103, 104).

David Mathis describes the Bible (the Word of God) as "one of the most precious objects imaginable. No antique or priceless artefact, no famous piece of art or giant diamond is more precious than whatever medium communicates God's own self-revelation." He insists that the Bible is not just the most printed, distributed, and quoted book in the history of the world, but God's inspired speech to humanity through His prophets and apostles.

As Tony Reinke says, "You need to celebrate the wonder of the access you have today to God's compiled word. Bear in mind that God's Word, first scratched in stone, then on processed animal skins, and then on products of trees, is today the Creator's centrepiece for drawing together His people." How do you use the Bible, the most valuable piece of technology you have ever touched? You must read it to renew your mind.

However, if you are not a child of God, it is not possible for you to be transformed by the Word as you are a stranger to His kingdom. Get born again.

Quote: "God's inspired speech to humanity"

Chɑllenge: "How do you use the Bible?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, write Your Word on the table of my heart"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JUNE 28, 2020

Made To Make Impact
TEXT: Ephesians 2:5-10

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).

In an article titled, How to Change Someone's Life for the Better, Richard D. Sanford states, "There is no real way to measure the enormous impact any one of us can have on another person's life." This is because most people do not understand that sometimes, the smallest things can change the course of history for a person and for all of those that he or she comes in contact with. By so doing, you strengthen and cement your relationship with your Creator.

If you are God's product for helping the world, or impacting lives, you must do what you are created to do, whether in secular or spiritual matters. Passion drives people to fulfilling their ordained destinies. Scientists like Louis Pasteur, the French Chemist and Biochemist, who invented the first vaccines against rabies and anthrax; Thomas Alva Edison, the inventor of the incandescent light bulb; and Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, impacted the world.

In the Christian circles, ministers such as C. H. Spurgeon, Matthew Henry, George Muller and Kenneth Hagen, have greatly made their impacts. Use your gifts and skills now.

Quote: "Use your gifts and skills now"

Chɑllenge: "You can change someone's life today"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, imbue me with the spirit of selfless service"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JUNE 29, 2020

Mentors Improve Mentees
TEXT: Mark 6:7-13

"And He called unto Him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits" (Mark 6:7).

Susan M. Heathfield describes mentoring as, "A formal or informal relationship established between an experienced, knowledgeable employee and an inexperienced or new employee." As Christ did with His twelve disciples, the purpose of mentoring is to help the new employee to quickly absorb the norms of an institution. In our text, Christ helped His disciples to grow in faith and become ready to win souls into the kingdom. Therefore, as an experienced, knowledgeable believer, you can help your new converts to become more knowledgeable and effective in the Word of God, so that they can also reach others with the gospel.

You must do everything you can to assist the new convert - your mentee - spiritually and socially, to the point of becoming disciples and friends. You can provide additional assistance to make them grow in grace while ensuring that they are grounded in the Scriptures and are living a Christ-like life. However, you cannot be a good mentor when you are not growing in grace, for the popular adage says, "The blind cannot lead the blind." Mentor by example.

Quote: "Are you living a Christ-like life?"

Chɑllenge: "You can change someone's life today"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to grow as I learn through your servants"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JUNE 30, 2020

The Mind Of Christ
TEXT: Philippians 2:5-11

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5).

Someone said, "Having the mind of Christ means we look at life from our Saviour's point of view, having His values and desires in mind. It means to think God's thoughts and not think as the world thinks." It therefore means sharing the perspective of humility, compassion, and dependence on God, instead of relying on the wisdom of the unbeliever. When you have the mind of Christ, you are able to discern spiritual matters and understand God's plan and purpose for your life.

To know if, as a believer, you truly have the mind of Christ, there is a number of things you must value. You must desire to bring glory to God and long to provide salvation to sinners.

Also, your attitude must reflect the very humility and obedience of Christ, Who took the nature of a servant, humbled Himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross {Philippians 2:5-8}. Also, show a compassionate heart (Matthew 9:36), and exhibit prayerful dependence on God (Luke 5:16). However, the mind of Christ is only possessed by believers through saving faith in Christ.

Quote: "Desire to bring glory to God"

Chɑllenge: "Do you have the desire to bring glory to God?"

Prɑyer: "Father, grant me grace to be like Christ in all things"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JULY 01, 2020

Anointing Helps Knowledge
TEXT: 1 John 2:18-21

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things" (1 John 2:20).

Everyone that is born again is born of the Spirit of God and has the Holy Spirit resident within him. The Holy Spirit bears witness and our spirit that we are children of God. He provides the anointing (unction) that will bring all things to our remembrance. On the field of evangelism, the anointing supplies relevant expressions, illustrations and scriptural passages relevant to the situation of a sinner to bring conviction. "And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth" (1 Corinthians 14:25).

A child of God enjoys the privilege of being assisted by the Holy Spirit in his or her study. Seemingly difficult concepts are made simpler as the Holy Spirit enlightens and strengthens the eyes of our understanding. Sometimes, having studied much and prepared fully for an examination, a believer may experience total blankness in the examination hall. Rather than fretting and panicking, a moment of prayer for assistance of the Holy Spirit would help in recalling answers.

Quote: "The Holy Spirit enlightens and strengthens"

Chɑllenge: "Grieve not the Holy Spirit"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to always yield to the Holy Spirit"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23am On Jul 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JULY 2, 2020

Readers Are Leaders
TEXT: 1 Timothy 4:12-16

"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine" (1 Timothy 4:13).

Harry S. Truman said, "Not all readers are leaders but all leaders are readers." Bill Gates of Microsoft fame, was described as "a voracious reader"; and Guy Kawasaki, the American marketing specialist, author and evangelist, was said to 'adore' books and read voraciously.

Reading enables us to learn from the experiences of unlimited number of successful leaders. Reading good books elevates us above our current situation, puts us on a higher pedestal, and allows us to fellowship with great minds and achievers. Reading enriches our life's experiences as it enables us to build on the experiences of successful people. Jeff Rose says, "Through reading, we are exposed to other people's thinking and perception of events and processes that lead to being a better rounded thinker." Reading also makes us to avoid the mistakes made by others.

Youths who desire to excel in life must avoid junks and injurious books and magazines that will not promote godliness and righteousness. Good books are mentors that reveal skills and lessons that can help someone to quickly climb the ladder of success. In all your reading, read the Bible.

Quote: "Good books are mentors"

Chɑllenge: "Be a reader if you want to be a leader"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to rekindle my passion for reading"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JULY 3, 2020

Reading Culture Revival
TEXT: Esther 6:1-3

"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine" (1 Timothy 4:13).

A wise man once said, "Where you will be in 5 years' time will be determined by the friends you keep and the books you read." Salient points in reviving reading culture include: creating time for reading, daily self-discipline to read (no matter how small), and setting goals for work towards achieving the planned objectives. Start by reading small and interesting books. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and serves as an encouragement to read more.

In our text, King Ahasuerus took quick action on the book read to him. Respond to your reading by acting on and utilizing the information you get from reading in a positive way. Be discriminatory. Avoid reading junks such as books on occultism, romance and false doctrines. These are not beneficial to your destiny. Build your own library. Any book worth reading is worth buying. With technological advancement, there are many good and useful books in PDF format that you can download and read, especially those in your professional area of interest. Make reading part of your daily routine. Remember, the best book to read is the Bible.

Quote: "The best book to read is the Bible"

Chɑllenge: "Reading is for life"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to achieve my goal of reading daily"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.