Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376781 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Vikkyk10:

gud and gr8.Twas talkn abt faith ryt.

Yes. The dynamics of Irresistible faith.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Yes. The dynamics of Irresistible faith.
hehe.I got it.Wnt u clap 4 me.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2014
Vikkyk10:

hehe.I got it.Wnt u clap 4 me.

Good job. cheesy I hope you've been meditating upon God's Words, will and ways since then.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Good job. cheesy I hope you've been meditating upon God's Words, will and ways since then.

yes sir.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Vikkyk10:

yes sir.

That's the way to go! Keep it up. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That's the way to go! Keep it up. smiley
tnx
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, November 20, 2014

INVESTING IN ETERNITY

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it" (Mark 8:35)

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." A powerful creed, an uncommon mind-set, but that was Jim Elliot’s finest quote. He was a young man martyred for Christ in the remote jungles of Ecuador in South America. Jim and his four friends had been trying to reach the Auca Indians with the gospel of Jesus Christ. That was 56 years ago. Today, the gospel light shines among the Aucas. They still have some primitive existence, but now they have also their native Christian preachers, dentists, pharmacists, and teachers.

Some of them, now converted, share the gospel with groups of Western tourists who come to savour their "stone age existence.” Jim Elliot lived his creed and now eternal rewards await him and his band. But now, wait for a moment! Elliot’s creed is a fine interpretation of the words of Christ in our text today. Your life slips through your fingers every passing day. It may soon be gone. Therefore, don’t live just for the moment; invest in eternity by preaching the gospel.

Challenge: "List things you cannot keep forever..."

Prayer: "Lord, keep me focused on eternity"

Further Reading: Acts 20:21-27

Quotation: "Don't live only for the moment"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
Vikkyk10:

tnx

You are welcome, anytime. smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, November 21, 2014

A DAILY DUTY

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place and there prayed" (Mark 1:35)

Gordon Lindsay says, "Prayer isn't a last resort to turn to in an emergency. Prayer is an essential part of our day-to-day life. When we learn the secret of praying, our whole life will become a succession of miracles." One important duty a believer owes himself and others is prayer. It is the easiest activity any Christian can carry out, yet it is the most neglected. Since you can pray anywhere and at any time, it is easier than other Christian engagements, such as evangelism, Bible reading and visitation. Why then do many find it hard to pray?

Prayer is a duty you owe to yourself because it provides you with: (1) strength for every battle, (2) guidance for the day, (3) contact with heaven, (4) uncommon favours, (5) open doors of opportunities, (6) victory over the forces of darkness and (7) peace of mind. It is your duty to pray for others: your family, Church members, friends, teachers, political leaders and your country. For your prayers not to be abomination before God, be sure you are truly a child.

Challenge: "The breakfast of Christian Champions is early Morning Prayer"

Prayer: "Empower me to pray, oh God"

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 2:1-8

Quotation: "Pray anywhere and at any time"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Quotation:

"Pray anywhere and at any time"
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, November 22, 2014

JOY UNSPEAKABLE

"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:8.)

When Daddy pulled in and pressed the horn, waiting for somebody to open the gate, David reluctantly walked to the gate. He thought his dad’s friend had brought him again. But on sighting his father behind the wheel of a newly bought vehicle, he jumped up shouting at the top of his voice. David was extremely joyous and happy. So many things make us happy like David on earth. But the greatest of all joy is what the Bible refers to in 1 Peter 1:8. It is more than winning the best of scholarships in the world. It is more than having distinction in your exam. It is a happiness that only God can give. No man can give you this joy and the whole money in the world cannot purchase it for you. It is the joys of new birth that will make you live eternally with God in heaven. You can have joy now as you surrender your life to Christ.

Challenge: "Salvation gives man an unspeakable joy"

Prayer: "Give me the joy of your salvation"

Further Reading: Matthew 13:45-46

Quotation: "Surrender your life to Christ"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, November 23, 2014

REAL REPENTANCE

"Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee" (Act 8:22)

Repentance is the complete turning away from all sins and its deceitful pleasures. Many times, you overlook the benefits of repentance. The Bible exalts the virtues of faith, perseverance and the doing of good deeds but repentance is the most important of all the spiritual exercises. As a youth who wants to be saved from eternal damnation, you must repent from your sinful ways. Sincere repentance brings the following rewards: leads to pardon and salvation from sin; the sinner receives justification; saves sinner from eternal punishment in hell; qualifies you for genuine water baptism; confirms your faith in Christ; makes answers to your prayers possible and it gives you a right standing with God. Above all, there is joy in heaven. True repentance manifests in a proper attitude towards sin (2 Corinthians 7: 10, 11). The Bible says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthian 5:17).

Challenge: "Repent now and believe the gospel"

Prayer: "Lord, I sincerely ask for the forgiveness of my sins"

Further Reading: Psalms 18:20-24

Quotation: "Turn away from all sins"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, November 24, 2014

DO YOU LOOK UP?

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do" (Hebrews 4:13)

A story was told of a woman who went to harvest potatoes from somebody's farm with her son. She positioned her son and instructed him to alert her if he sighted anyone. Having stolen enough tubers, she went home with her son. On their way home, she commended her son for watching diligently. Responding, he said "but mum, I did not look up". This young lad in his response implied that he did not look up to see if anyone was watching!

This is a challenge to every youth. Obviously, 'Someone' above watches, sees and records. Dear youth, you cannot hide anything from God. Divine satellite is always at work. Crime is so rife today that it is no more frowned at. The Bible says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7). Be warned, God sees and will punish every sin. Unrepentant sinners will spend eternity in hell. To escape God’s wrath, confess your sins to Him and surrender your life to Jesus today.

Challenge: "Stop hiding your sins from God"

Prayer: "Father, help me to forsake sins and cleave to you"

Further Reading: Psalm 90: 8-12

Quotation: "God will punish sinners"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DAUGHTERS OF JOB

"And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job" (Job 42:15)

Job was a man who feared God greatly. Besides, he was a family man and very wealthy by all standards. He diligently guided his family towards living a life free from sin by praying for them constantly. Although Satan accused Job that his faith was not genuine, God was pleased with him and permitted Satan to test Job. Job’s test resulted in the loss of all his wealth, children and health. Yet, his faith in God remained unshaken.

God visited Job and gave him more than all he lost, including the most beautiful daughters in the land. They were not careless like Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, who exposed herself to immorality by befriending unbelieving daughters of the land. True beauty comes from God, without the make-ups and attachments of the world. Genuine faith in God through repentance, pure life and daily walking with God is the secret of true beauty that compares to the daughters of Job. Holiness is the beauty of believers.

Challenge: "God’s standard of beauty is different from that of the world"

Prayer: "Lord, beautify my life with your holiness"

Further Reading: Acts 21: 8, 9

Quotation: "Holiness is the beauty of believers"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kwara State: Supernatural Encounter with the God of Power
Supernatural Encounter with the God of Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZIlqJ9VCg
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44am On Nov 27, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, November 27, 2014

CLEAR CONSCIENCE

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24:16)

From childhood, Gregory was brought up in a religious way. As he began secondary education away from home, his unique upbringing was challenged by the life of other youths he met in the boarding house. His friends encouraged himto join them to leave the school dormitory for a rented room outside the school premises without the consent of their families. For this, they stole some college items for their use in the rented apartment. But Gregory later met with Jesus who changed his life and made him a new creature. However, what he stole from the school still troubled him until he went to the head of the school and confessed his past deeds to him. Thank God, the principal forgave him and his peace was restored. As a Christian youth, it is not enough to confess your sins to God make all your restitutions either to individuals, your parents or school so that you will have a conscience that is pure.

Challenge: "To be right with God, you must be right with men"

Prayer: "Father, help me to be able to say “I am sorry” whenever I need to"

Further Reading: Mt. 5: 23, 24

Quotation: "Make all your restitutions"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, November 28, 2014

PECULIAR PEOPLE

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people" (1 Peter 2:9)

Susan was the subject of a discourse among other high school girls in Los Angeles. She refused to join the bandwagon of the girls. She made up her mind not to indulge in the dirty acts and separated herself to the annoyance of the girls. Joan returned to ask one day, "Look Susan, yours is too much, why won't you check out with us today?" Susan replied: "I'm different now, I can't do that anymore, the grace of God in me won't let me."

There are different kinds of youth people in this world: The perverted, who live in sin, and the pardoned, pure and peculiar people of God, who are free from sin. Peculiar people have a heavenly deposit of grace and power that the unbeliever cannot understand. God requires this peculiar lifestyle not only from Old Testament saints but also from the New Testament believers. If you want to join the peculiar people, just repent of your sinful life and give your life to Christ now. Then, resolve to live a pure and consecrated life.

Challenge: "You too can become a special person to God"

Prayer: "Lord, make me a peculiar treasure unto you"

Further Reading: Titus 2: 11-14

Quotation: "Live a pure life"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, November 28, 2014

CONCEITED CORPORAL

"Be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble" (1 Peter 5:5)

In the Christian walk and in life generally you cannot outlive humility. The story was told of a horse rider who chanced upon a group of soldiers labouring to move a heavy log without success. A corporal was standing by, not helping. When the rider asked him why he was doing nothing, he replied, "I am the corporal; I give orders." The rider alighted and helped the soldiers to lift the log and it got moved. As the rider gently mounted his horse to ride away, he told the cocky corporal," The next time your men need help, send for the Commander-in-Chief. They later realised that the rider was President George Washington of the United States of America!

Humility is essential for interpersonal relations in the home, office, school and in the Church. There can be no meaningful progress where there is no mutual respect and submission. Lucifer lost heaven and Queen Vashti her exalted position because of lack of humility. "Be humble or you'll stumble," says Dwight L. Moody.

Challenge: "Humble yourself; God will not do it for you"

Prayer: "Lord, uphold me in holiness"

Further Reading: James4:10-17

Quotation: "Humility is essential"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, November 30, 2014

EMPTY PRIDE

"A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit" (Proverbs 29:23)

There was a story of a young military officer, a colonel, who was just posted to a new station. This was at a time when mobile phone was not available and those who had telephones used only land lines. On resuming, the man wanted everyone around to know that he was well connected, and he used to blow his own trumpet. One day he was in his office and he heard a knock at the door. As soon as he invited the visitor to come in, he swiftly lifted the receiver from the cradle and started to talk. "Hello…, Oh General…, yes sir. I have heard sir. I will see you in the evening, sir." He dropped the receiver and looked at the Sergeant standing before him arrogantly. "That was the GOC. Yes, serge, what can I do for you?" "I came to connect your telephone sir!" replied the Sergeant.

Pride will ultimately bring someone low. Pride, in most cases, is a symptom of a weak personality. As you go out today, prove your life, check your ways and make sure your words are seasoned with grace.

Challenge: "Pride is a symptom one is of a weak character"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to walk in humility"

Further Reading: James 4:6

Quotation: "Make sure your words are gracious"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, December 1, 2014

MATCH YOUR NAME!

"...And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts 11: 26)

It was said of Alexander the Great that one day, the guards brought before him an amazingly handsome young man. Alexander yelled from his seat, "What is his charge?" The guard said "COWARDICE SIR! He ran from battle, deserted his combats and fled from his duty!" The very idea of desertion incensed the great ruler but looking at the young man, he asks, "Soldier, what is your name?" Trembling in the harsh grasp of the guards he stammered "M-my n-name is Alexander, S-sir". Alexander the Great jumped to his feet raced from his throne to the young man and screamed "WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" "M-my n-n-na-name i-is Al-Alexander, Sir". Grabbing the boy by his collar, Alexander replied "Soldier! You either change your character OR YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME!"

If you profess to be a Christian, your character must resemble that of Christ. You are either like Christ or you are none of His. While on earth, He was meek, lowly, holy, loving, compassionate, consecrated and dedicated to doing the will and work of God. How about you?

Challenge: "A change of character is an evidence of true Christianity"

Prayer: "Oh to be like Thee"

Further Reading: Acts 11:21-26

Quotation: "Change your character"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Oh to be like Thee

1 O to be like Thee! blessed Redeemer;
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee!
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart

2 O to be like Thee! full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinners to find.

3 O to be like Thee! lowly in spirit,
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.

4 O to be like Thee! Lord, I am coming,
Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing;
Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.

5 O to be like Thee! While I am pleading
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love.
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit for a life which Thou wouldst approve.

https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/398
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, December 2, 2014

SAVING KNOWLEDGE

"For in much wisdom is much grief and that he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow" (Ecclesiastes 1:18)

The Bible prophesy that “knowledge shall increase in latter days’” is being fulfilled in our days. You can get information on almost anything and at any time through, internet, books, computers, mobile phones, and other devices. Sad enough, as knowledge of secular things increases; there is a decreasing awareness of God who created the world. There is an increasing apathy for the word of God among the youths. Most Christian youths prefer to read about things that inflame passion and damn the soul.

You need to daily read your Bible, other Christian literatures and devotional books because they give you knowledge about Christ who can save and deliver your soul from the destructions to come. When you apply the Scripture to your daily living, it will prepare you to live with God eternally. If you are born again, you have a responsibility to spread the knowledge that saves by telling your friends, classmates and neighbours about Jesus Christ.

Challenge: "Fill the gap, spread the gospel light"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to tell someone about Jesus today"

Further Reading: Hos. 4: 6-9

Quotation: "Read your Bible"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, December 3, 2014

LIGHT THE WORLD

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on the hill cannot be hid" (Matthew 5:14)

The whole world was in dire need of light when Thomas Edison in 1879 rose to the front burner by inventing not just a glowing electric light, but one that had all elements required to make the shining light constant. Christ says you are the light of the world. It doesn’t say you are the light of the church but of the world. While the church is already aglow and bright, the world is in darkness.

Some youths profess to be lights but only in the church. The moment they are outside the church fence they are as dark as the world of sinners around them. These are not real lights because a real light never loses its radiant power no matter the level of darkness around. As youth, remember that only light can dispel darkness. It doesn’t matter how thick the darkness. To be a light, you must love God with all your heart.

Challenge: "Are you true a light?"

Prayer: "Lord, make me a true light shining"

Further Reading: John 5:35

Quotation: "Only light can dispel darkness"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, December 4, 2014

CORRUPT CHAT

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearer" (Ephesians 4:29)

Crooked talks are rife nowadays among all classes of people, including the youths. Perverted and unedifying words have led to riots in school, destruction of many communities, relationships, homes, loss of opportunities and hatred, and even murder, just to mention a few. Hence the Psalmist asked God to set a watch before his mouth and also keep the door of his lips (Psalm 141:3). As a Christian youth, your mouth must be cleansed because the Bible says “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth.” (Ephesians 4:29). Let your words be seasoned with the salt of kindness, love, encouragement, good news, and faith. Before you speak always remember that every word you speak shall be brought into judgement. Death and life are in the power of the tongues and those who love it shall eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21)

Challenge: "I will not sin with my tongue"

Prayer: "Purge my heart"

Further Reading: Isaiah 6:5; James 3:5-7

Quotation: "Your heart must be cleansed"

See more at:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, December 5, 2014

PROCRASTINATION

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man. Over the phone his mother told him, "Mr. Belser died last night. The funeral is Wednesday." "Upon my death please forward this box and its contents to Jack Bennett. It's the thing I value most in my life," wrote late Mr. Harold Belser in a note he left his son. There inside the gold box he found a beautiful gold pocket watch. Inside, he found these words engraved: "Jack Thanks for your time! — Harold Belser." "The thing he valued most...was...my time," Jack said in a low voice. Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and cleared his appointments for the next two days. "Why?" Janet, his assistant, asked. "I need some time to spend with my son," he said.

Time is valuable in everything we do. Don't waste time! As a youth you should have a working time-table. Eat when you should, study your books, attend fellowship, and also find time to visit loved ones. That is the only way to live a fulfilling life.

Challenge: "To succeed in life, manage your time well"

Prayer: "Oh Lord, teach me to be a time manager"

Further Reading: Isaiah 6:5; James 3:5-7

Quotation: "Proverbs 22:29, John 9:4"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Dec 07, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, December 6, 2014

TWO OF A KIND

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3)

“Show me your friends and I`ll tell you who you are,” is a saying that has been around. It is good for Christian youths to make friends, but a greater care and prayer is needed before making a choice of friend. The kind of friendship between David and Jonathan in the Bible was mutually beneficial and was inspired by true love. You must know that some friends may not add any value to your life. Instead, they may seek ways to take your mind away from your study or from your faith. A godly youth should chose believing youths as friends. Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. Make friends that will assist you grow both academically and in all spheres of life. Do not be too hasty to make friends but pray to God and ask Him for guidance. It is either you influence your friend or he influences you. Keeping friendship with unbelieving youth is not even advisable. Beware of bad associations and friends

Challenge: "Birds of same feather flocks together"

Prayer: "God, choose for me a visionary friend"

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 6: 14-18, 1 Samuel 20: 1-4

Quotation: "Make friends but pray"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, December 7, 2014

POWER TO PREACH

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me..." (Acts 1:8.)

A true story was told of a man who threw away a stick of cigarette. He was with some Christians on their way to an evangelistic outreach after the Sunday service. The curious observer from behind went closer and picked up the cigarette and was shocked to see what the evangelist has in possession. After the outreach, the pastor called Sunday for questioning. He did not deny the incidence but confessed, “That was the old Sunday”. Sunday had never before given his life to Jesus but surrendered all to him just immediately after the Sunday service. The Sunday knew that to be qualified and be bold to preach, there must first be genuine repentance and forsaking of sinful old habits. The Holy Spirit who gives the power to preach cannot reside in an unholy person nor stay in a sinful heart. Repentance and righteousness attracts the Holy Spirit into our lives. Then we can have the power to preach.

Challenge: "Righteousness attracts the Holy Spirit"

Prayer: "Lord, gives me the grace to live a life of purity"

Further Reading: Luke24:49

Quotation: "Holy Spirit gives the power to preach"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Dec 08, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, December 8, 2014

PROMISED PROTECTION

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee..." (Isaiah 43:2)

Any youth can easily profess to be a Christian when there are no challenges. Will you still stand on the promises of God in the face of persecution or danger? Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego dared Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace as they refused to bow to his idol. Daniel was cast into the lion’s den because of his faith. Paul and Silas were ruthlessly beaten and cast into the prison, yet they praised God.

Above all, our Lord Jesus paid the supreme sacrifice for the salvation of mankind. The testimonies of the old saints glorified God. They put their trust and confidence in God and He never failed them. The same God can deliver you from all your trials today. He will abide with you and save you. Whatever the tactics of the devil, you should not to be afraid of persecution from man. Trust in God and He will not fail nor disappoint you in Jesus name.

Challenge: "Bow not to challenges, God will deliver you"

Prayer: "Lord, give me the grace to stand firm"

Further Reading: Daniel 3: 14-30

Quotation: "Trust in God"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, December 9, 2014

STAND OUT

"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgement" (Exodus 23:2)

Young people generally follow the multitude; they follow the reigning trends in the world. On May 7, 2014 Steve Utash, 54, of Clinton Township in Detroit USA accidentally struck a 10-year-old boy with his pickup. A mob swarmed him as he checked the boy, whose injuries were not life-threatening. In spite of his remorseful gesture, serious injuries were inflicted on Steve by the mob.

Young people must avoid the temptation of taking laws into the hands. It is hard to stand out from the crowd, but that is exactly what you should do as a child of God. Even those you are looking up to as your mentors may not live up to expectation; but resolve to please God at all times. Your strength of character will be put to test as they persuade or else threaten you to join their evil act. Shun the mob action and obey God in all. You will be blessed by God for standing for him always.

Challenge: "Always restrain yourself, no matter the provocation"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to always stand out"

Further Reading: Proverb 1: 10-15

Quotation: "Shun the mob action"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, December 10, 2014

DRESSING IDENTITY

"And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their unclothedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach" (Exodus 28:42)

Moses was mistaken for an Egyptian because he was having on an Egyptian garment. The way you dress suggests who you are. Dressing in a way that is likely to shock or offend people is called indecent dressing. All around our streets and schools, unclothedness has become the order of the day; people are losing sense of shame and good manners in dressing and adornments. It has become fashionable for many youths these days to dress nude and immodestly.

Why would a person in his or her right mind wear sagging trousers without any underwear? Topless, mini-skirts slacks are the modern dress codes. As a child of God, you are expected to dress modestly and glorify God in your appearance. The essence of dressing is to cover our unclothedness; hence any exposure of delicate parts of your body defeats the purpose. You should not put on wears that are made for the females as a male and vice versa. Glorify God in your appearance.

Challenge: "Do you dress to offend public's sensibilities"

Prayer: "Lord, help me not to mislead others in my dressing"

Further Reading: Isaiah 3:16-26

Quotation: "You are to glorify God"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, December 11, 2014

TRUST HIM

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5)

Young people today are increasingly taking critical decisions such as choice of career, making restitution, dealing with persecutions and temptations without seeking counsels from more experienced minds and from God Almighty. When you are at the crossroads of making a choice of anything, there is need to seek the face of God in prayer. Your choice and decision in life could either make or mar your future. You may not have all the understanding to some critical decisions. So, you definitely need a divine counsellor. As long as you are a child of God, the Holy Ghost is there to guide you. There is need to seek God`s guidance when faced with challenges of life. God speaks through His word or his minister, and all you need to do is to obey. To your young mind, the way may seem dark and dreary, yet the Lord is asking you to move on. Trust him and follow on. He knows the way through the wilderness.

Challenge: "Put your trust in him, he knows what tomorrow holds"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to put my trust in you"

Further Reading: Proverbs 3: 1-8

Quotation: "Holy Ghost is there to guide you"

See more at:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.