Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity (1372438 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2015

HELP THE HELPLESS

"Thou shalt not see thy brother’s ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again" (Deuteronomy 22:4).

Floyd Collins once climbed into a sand cave in search of fortune. Suddenly, his lantern failed, and crawling through the darkness, his foot hit a seven-ton boulder. It fell on his leg, trapping him in the 125-feet deep ice-cold coffin-like narrow dark cave. In the meantime, his plight became a national sensation. As the rescue attempt went on, some tourists spent time buying items from vendors at the cave. And in the end, Floyd Collins died alone in the icy darkness after crying out deliriously, "Get me out. Why don't you take me out? Kiss me goodbye, I'm going."

Have you had opportunity to help someone in a desperate situation but you paid attention elsewhere? Do not turn your eyes away when you see others in need of help. That is not the attitude of a Christian youth. Be one another’s keeper.

Challenge: "Does your heart prick you when you see others in need?"

Prayer: "Lord, I ask for the grace to help in time of need"

Quote: "Be one another’s keeper"

Further Reading: Hebrews 4:16

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On Jul 18, 2015
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JULY 18, 2015

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof" (Proverbs 18:21).

Every human being has the right to choose between life and death, good and evil, or success and failure. The choices people make determines your destiny. When Felicia finished secondary school, her parents wanted her to continue her education to the university. But she chose to get married to Paul, a rich man in the city. Shortly after they had their first child, the police arrested Paul on charges of murder. He was found guilty and the court sentenced him to several years in prison, leaving Felicia and her young child to suffer.

The power of life or death lies in your hands or in your tongue. The choices you make in life will greatly determine the path you will follow. If you choose to go with the Lord, you are certainly choosing the path of life. But if you choose the world, it will certainly lead you to destruction. Choice is a personal thing, so you must choose wisely, and not be influenced by materialism.

Challenge: "The power of life or of death lies in your hands?"

Prayer: "Gracious Lord, teach me to choose wisely"

Quote: "Choose wisely"

Further Reading: Matthew 12:37

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2015
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JULY 19, 2015

PRAISES AMIDST PROBLEMS

"Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name" (2 Samuel 22:50).

A fine singer learned that he had cancer of the tongue and that surgery was required. In the hospital after everything was ready for the operation, the man said to the doctor, "Are you sure I will never sing again?" The surgeon simply shook his head and said, NO! The patient then asked if he could sit up for a moment. "I've had many good times singing the praises of God," he said. "And now you tell me I can never sing again. I have one song that will be my last. It will be of gratitude and praise to God." Do you find time to sing praises to the Lord, or you spend your time to enjoy life or brood over your challenges and trials? Paul and Silas sang spiritual songs when they were in the prison. The Psalmist and the woman in our text, gave thanks and sang praises to God, no matter their situations.

Challenge: "The Lord is pleased with those who sing praises to Him?"

Prayer: "Give me the grace, O Lord, to sing praises to your name daily"

Quote: "Find time to sing praises to God"

Further Reading: Hebrews13:15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JULY 20, 2015

CRUCIAL SACRIFICE

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16).

It is said that Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, once captured a prince and his family. When they came before him, the monarch asked the prisoner, "What will you give me if I release you?" "The half of my wealth," was his reply. "And if I release your children?" "Everything I possess." "And if I release your wife?" "Your Majesty, I will give myself." Cyrus was so moved by his devotion that he freed them all. As they returned home, the prince said to his wife, "Wasn't Cyrus a handsome man!" With a look of deep love for her husband, she said to him, "I didn't notice. I could only keep my eyes on you - the one who was willing to give himself for me."

As a young person, always seek to sacrifice for others without bothering to ask what they have done for you. Leave the rest to God, who is able to satisfy all needs. Remember that whatever good you do in life, it shall return to you immeasurably.

Challenge: "Sacrifice is a mark of supreme love for others"

Prayer: "Lord, grant me the spirit of sacrifice"

Quote: "Sacrifice for others"

Further Reading: John 3:16

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2015

SELFISHNESS VS SELFLESSNESS

"But whoso hath this world good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?" (1 John 3:17).

Two friends met for dinner in a restaurant. Each requested some fish, and after a few minutes, the waiter returned with their orders - two pieces of fish of different sizes, on the same platter. One of the men proceeded to serve his friend. Placing the small piece on a plate, he handed it across the table. "Well, you certainly do have nerves!" exclaimed his friend. "What's troubling you?" asked the other. "Look what you've done. You've given me the little piece and kept the big one for yourself," he answered. "How would you have done it?" the man asked. His friend replied, "If I were serving, I would have given you the big piece."

In life, selfishness has repercussions, just as selflessness has its rewards. Those who are selfless begin almost immediately to reap the rewards of prominence and acclaim, but selfish people may only receive contempt. As a Christian youth, always think about others first.

Challenge: "Do not block God’s blessings by being selfish"

Prayer: "Take away any trace of selfishness from me, O Lord"

Quote: "Think about others first"

Further Reading: Deuteronomy 15:7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JULY 22, 2015

A SIMPLE SMILE

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God?" (Psalms 146:5).

A Holiday Inn interviewed 5,000 candidates, when looking for 500 people to fill positions in a new facility. The managers interviewing these people excluded all candidates who smiled fewer than four times during the interview. This applied to people competing for jobs in all categories. One tired waitress said to another: "I always start the day with a smile -- and get it over with." A smile is not only an inexpensive way to improve your looks but also it is recommended by medics as medicine to the soul. A smile is linked to happiness, joy, love and holiness.

No doubt, our text decrees happiness for the person whose hope is in Christ Jesus. Dear reader, do you spend your time carrying a gloomy face? Whatever the challenges you are traversing, put on a smile while you putting your trust in God, who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. When you smile, you shame the devil and his cohorts. smiley

Challenge: "Smile is the fruit of a holy and loving heart"

Prayer: "O God, take away anything that tries to steal my smile"

Quote: "Just a smile"

Further Reading: Jeremiah 17:7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2015
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JULY 23, 2015

THE SUBMISSIVE YOUTH

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble" (1 Peter 5:5).

Driving down a country road, Stephen Beck came to a very narrow bridge, in front of which was posted the sign: "YIELD." Seeing no on-coming cars, he continued across the bridge to his destination. On his way back, he came to the same one-lane bridge, where he saw another “YIELD” sign. "I'm sure there was one posted on the other side," he thought. “YIELD” signs had been placed at both ends of the bridge requesting motorists to give the right of way so as to prevent head-on collision.

Do not ignore the voice of the light of the world, which commands you to "be subject to one another" (Ephesians 5:21). The Bible commands you to let the other have the right of way and avoid interpersonal head-on collision. If you yield, you walk in the light with God. Be submissive and receive God’s grace.

Challenge: "Do not hearken to the voice of darkness"

Prayer: "Help me, o Lord, to respect the right of way of others"

Quote: "Be submissive"

Further Reading: James 4:6

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 24, 2015

COME COMFORTER, COME!

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance" (John 14:26).

Henrietta C. Mears said, "I believe that it is impossible for any Christian to be effective either in his life or in his service unless he is filled with the Holy Spirit who is God’s only provision of power." This means that Christian youths must be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Comforter is the Holy Spirit whom Christ promised those who believe. Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot live a fruitful Christian life. Are you filled with the Holy Spirit? To live a victorious Christian life, you must be filled with the Holy Spirit.

If you are not filled, pray now and God will sanctify and fill you with the Holy Spirit. You will become empowered and your life will attract other youths to Christ. If you are not a Christian, confess your sins today and admit Christ into your life. He will transform and fill you with the Holy Spirit, and then you will have power to live for Him.

Challenge: "God is waiting to fill you with the Holy Spirit"

Prayer: "Lord, grant me this glorious experience of infilling with the Holy Spirit"

Quote: "Live a fruitful Christian life"

Further Reading: John 14: 15 - 18; 16: 13 - 14

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2015

AN OBEDIENT YOUTH

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" (Isaiah 1:19).

There lived a wealthy man who had only one son and many servants. Carried away by his father’s wealth, the son became wayward, disobedient and riotous. One of the servants endeared himself to the rich man because of his obedience, loyalty, honesty and faithfulness. At the rich man’s death, he willed his entire possession to the faithful and obedient servant, leaving only one property for his disobedient son. You should learn to live in obedience.

Obedience to God, parents and others brings blessings. You should obey those who have charge over you. To become an obedient son of God, you must be saved from your sins and live for Him always. This will keep you away from all forms of vices and lead you on the right path to success. Today, resolve to live in obedience and you will inherit God’s all-round blessings.

Challenge: "Today, resolve to live in obedience to God and man"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, give me a heart of obedience"

Quote: "Live in obedience"

Further Reading: Philippians 2: 5 - 11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JULY 26, 2015

ETERNAL DESTINY

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple" (Psalms 27:4).

Life is all about choice. According to Eleanor Roosevelt, "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, it shapes one's life. The process never ends until one dies. And the choices one makes are ultimately one's responsibility." Today, many youths are faced with academic, career and socio-economic choices.

However, the choice of eternal destiny is mandatory for every youth. The one thing you must do is to love God and live for Him. "Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man" (Ecclesiastes 12:13). To fear God is to confess your sins, and give your life to Christ. Consecrate your life to God and you will be sure of a blissful life here on earth and in heaven.

Challenge: "Fear God and keep His commandments"

Prayer: "Dear Father, help me to love you with all my heart"

Quote: "Give your life to Christ"

Further Reading: Luke 10: 38 - 42

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JULY 27, 2015

DECENT DRESSING

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand" (Philippians 4:5).

Indecent dressing, which is dressing in a way that provokes sinful passion, is prevalent today. Decent dressing is dressing with godly purpose of covering your unclothedness, shielding you from adverse climatic conditions and glorifying God. Therefore, mini-skirts, body hugs, armless dresses and clothes that expose the chest, back, or show inner-wears, sagging, as well as, all that are transparent are unchristian. It is common seeing boys wearing dresses meant for girls, and vice versa. Do not dress indecently or dishonourably.

Rather, moderation and decency should be your guiding principle. Do not be of the world or allow anybody to dictate your dress code. You are expected to project acceptable dressing in your campuses and communities. This may earn you mockery or derogatory names from people of the world. But be determined to glorify God always. You are the light and salt of the world. You should dress modestly, neatly and decently and let others see Jesus in you.

Challenge: "The Lord requires you to dress honourably"

Prayer: "Help me, o Lord, to glorify you in my dressing and appearance"

Quote: "Let others see Jesus in you"

Further Reading: Exodus: 28: 42; Deuteronomy 22: 5; 1 Corinthians 10:31

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2015

PROMISED PROSPERITY

"Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do" (Deuteronomy 29:9).

The Bible is replete with God’s promises for human prosperity. But the condition is to be in partnership with God to harvest souls. A clergy who was passing by one of his members' farm, stopped to admire it. Commending his effort and the bountiful yield, the Pastor told the farmer; "This must be the result of hard work." Responding, the man said, "God empowered me to work hard, and He prospered my efforts." What a challenge to young people today! Yes, God has promised to prosper you. But you must work hard, because God will not reward laziness. You must be diligent in whatever thing you do. Avoid all evil ways of achieving success and prosperity. God’s promises for you will not be fulfilled through examination mal-practice, robbery, kidnapping, internet fraud, prostitution or cultism. Give your life to God and live for Him. Pray for every challenge threatening your success and prosperity. Surely, you will succeed and prosper beyond your imagination.

Challenge: "Be diligent and work hard"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to depend on your promises for my life"

Quote: "You will succeed"

Further Reading: Psalm 1: 1-6; Proverbs 6: 6 - 11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2015
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 2015

ETERNAL EXPECTATION

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17).

A Christian woman dying of cancer enquired from her Pastor about heaven. She mentioned what she liked about her life on earth and asked whether she would equally experience them in heaven. The Pastor assured her that her life with Jesus in heaven would be far more beautiful than anything she loved here on earth. This was so comforting and reassuring that the woman looked forward to her transition with joy. Are you living with heaven in view?

Eternity with Jesus is a sign of spiritual satisfaction. In heaven, you will see Jesus and your deepest yearnings will completely be satisfied. But to get to heaven, you must "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). Consecrate your life to God and do His will always. Let your life radiate God’s beauty to attract unbelievers around you to God. You will be sure of spending eternity with God in heaven.

Challenge: "Surrender your life to Christ for a blissful life hereafter"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to live a holy life"

Quote: "You must live a holy life"

Further Reading: 1 Peter 1: 3 - 19

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2015
@ OLAADEGBU , morning bro ; pls who is God ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

@ OLAADEGBU , morning bro ; pls who is God ?

Top of the morning sir. smiley God is the infinite uncreated Creator of heaven and earth.
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Top of the morning sir. smiley God is the infinite uncreated Creator of heaven and earth.

Thanks my brother , but remember that other religions also refer to God as the creator of heaven and earth e.g muslims say Allah , so how do we distinct our God from this other gods ? Did he have A NAME thats unique to him alone ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Thanks my brother , but remember that other religions also refer to God as the creator of heaven and earth e.g muslims say Allah , so how do we distinct our God from this other gods ? Did he have A NAME thats unique to him alone ?

He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is the God of Israel.
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is the God of Israel.

brother, Is he the same person called Yahweh ? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

brother, Is he the same person called Yahweh ? undecided

Yes. Yahweh is the short version of "I AM THAT I AM" which means eternal existence and in simple terms I'll say, "Always".
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yes. Yahweh is the short version of "I AM THAT I AM" which means eternal existence and in simple terms I'll say, "Always".

Okay, Is Yahweh the same person called Jesus Or They are different ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Okay, Is Yahweh the same person called Jesus Or They are different ?

Jesus being the Second Person in the Godhead bears the names of God. Jesus implicitly ascribed the name Yahweh to Himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews.

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58).

Our Lord Jesus Christ, in the passage above, deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham, whom the Jews venerated, with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JULY 30, 2015

MORNING MELODY

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up" (Psalms 5:3).

A poet once wrote, "I got up early one morning, and rushed into the day. I had so much to accomplish, I didn't have time to pray. Troubles tumbled about me, and heavier came each task; 'Why doesn't God help me?' I wondered. He answered, 'You didn't ask.' … I woke up this morning, and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray."

You may wake up each morning to a crowded day and rush out without communing with God. Borrow a leaf from the experience of this poet. Many problems can be solved or prevented when you pray and surrender each day to God. Like David in our text, resolve to start each day with God. Worship Him and commit your worries to Him. Surely, He will direct and grant you all-round victory, in Jesus' name!

Challenge: "Keep an unfailing appointment with God each morning"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to spend time with you every morning"

Quote: "Start each day with God"

Further Reading: Mark 1: 35; Psalm 103: 1 - 5

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus being the Second Person in the Godhead bears the names of God. Jesus implicitly ascribed the name Yahweh to Himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews.

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58).

Our Lord Jesus Christ, in the passage above, deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham, whom the Jews venerated, with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God.

Brother , he didnt say i am yahweh in that passage, he only said " I Am" even angels use the term " I Am" now undecided

you didnt answer my question : please , is Yahweh the same person called Jesus ? Or they are different ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother , he didnt say i am yahweh in that passage, he only said " I Am" even angels use the term " I Am" now undecided

The word "I AM" is a divine name of God. Angels do not bear that Name don't be deceived.

Jozzy4:

you didnt answer my question : please , is Yahweh the same person called Jesus ? Or they are different ?

Jesus is Yahweh. He is the Great "I AM", the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush (Ex.3:14).
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The word "I AM" is a divine name of God. Angels do not bear that Name don't be deceived.

Brother , an angel describe himself as " I Am" ( judges 13:11) , pls check the verse bro .

Jesus is Yahweh. He is the Great "I AM", the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush (Ex.3:14).

Brother , this means its the eternal one that come down , then who is God Praying to ? undecided another God ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother , an angel describe himself as " I Am" ( judges 13:11) , pls check the verse bro .

And Samson's parents recognised him to be God (Judges 13:22).

Jozzy4:

Brother , this means its the eternal one that come down , then who is God Praying to ? undecided another God ?

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

Jesus is God in human form. He is the God/Man who has both the divine and human nature. Jesus, in His human nature prayed to the Father. It remains a mystery until God opens the eyes of your understanding.
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

And Samson's parents recognised him to be God (Judges 13:22).

So , God is an ANGEL ?

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

Jesus is God in human form. He is the God/Man who has both the divine and human nature. Jesus, in His human nature prayed to the Father. It remains a mystery until God opens the eyes of your understanding.

Brother , Jesus Is God , isnt it ? If so, pls answer my question: Who is God praying to ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

So , God is an ANGEL ?

God is not an angel. This 'angel' of the LORD was actually a theophany, the pre-incarnate Christ. Read up on other instances where the pre-incarnate Christ visited planet earth before He took up human flesh Genesis 32:24; Judges 6:22; 13:18

Jozzy4:

Brother , Jesus Is God , isnt it ? If so, pls answer my question: Who is God praying to ?

Biblically speaking, Our Lord Jesus Christ prayed to the Father in His humanity.  Since Christ came as a man, and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God, it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.  Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest.

"in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7).

Therefore, Jesus could pray to the Father and this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

God is not an angel. This 'angel' of the LORD was actually a theophany, the pre-incarnate Christ. Read up on other instances where the pre-incarnate Christ visited planet earth before He took up human flesh Genesis 32:24; Judges 6:22; 13:18

Brother, with your statement @bold . Dont u know you just proof that Christ is an Angel !

Our Lord Jesus Christ prayed to the Father in His humanity.  Since Christ came as a man, and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God, it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.  Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest.

"in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7).

Therefore, Jesus could pray to the Father and this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

so, God pray to another God the father ?
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother, with your statement @bold . Dont u know you just proof that Christ is an Angel !

so, God pray to another God the father ?

You need to learn what is called the hypostatic union. The phrase "angel of the LORD" is usually used as a theophany, that is, God Himself in the person of the pre-incarnate Christ revealing Himself in this status. Read and study the article below that addresses who Samson's parents saw and I pray that the Lord will open the eyes of your heart so that He can be revealed to you.

The Wonderful Angel

"And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?" (Judges 13:18).

This intriguing encounter occurred during one of Israel’s periods of apostasy and servitude, when the people had been ruled for forty years by the pagan Philistines. There was one godly couple in the tribe of Dan, however, who evidently had long been praying for a son, and God finally answered their prayers. "The angel of the LORD" came to give the good news to Manoah and his wife. The remarkable son who was to come was mighty Samson, who later would free his people.

But it is the Angel, Himself, who is most intriguing here. His name was "Secret," meaning "too marvelous even to comprehend." The same word is translated "Wonderful" in Isaiah 9:6, where it is cited as a name of the coming divine Son, whose name would also be "the mighty God" and "everlasting Father."

This "angel of the LORD" was thus none other than God the Son in one of His rare pre-incarnate appearances, or theophanies, when the invisible God manifested Himself visibly to man. There are many created angels (Hebrews 12:22), or "messengers," of God, but on certain occasions, this one who is called "the Angel of the LORD" (also "the Angel of His presence," as in Isaiah 63:9, and "the Angel which redeemed me," as in Genesis 48:16), is clearly none other than God Himself. In such cases, it could only have been the pre-incarnate Christ, for the Bible says: "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18).

God had already revealed Himself in this way to great men of God, and now even to an unknown couple. Eventually this Angel, whose name is Wonderful, "was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and will one day dwell with His people forever (Revelation 21:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 31, 2015

STUDY THE SCRIPTURES

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

A story was told of a young man who told his friend that he never read the Book of Revelation, because it contained a terrifying account of future happenings. Yet, Dick Eastman says, "The person that spends time thinking about the thoughts of God will find great depth and understanding that will touch all areas of his life." Read the Bible and other devotional guides systematically every day.

Your guiding principle should be, 'No Bible, no breakfast; no Scripture, no sleep!' The Bible is to your soul, what food is to your body. It gives peace, comfort, hope and courage to those who read it. It is the bedrock of success. Read your Bible purposefully, painstakingly, meditatively and prayerfully. Read and obey it so as to be wise and approved of God.

Challenge: "Read your Bible every day if you want to grow"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to consistently read and obey your word"

Quote: "Read it to be wise"

Further Reading: Joshua 1: 8; Psalms19:7 - 11
Re: Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity by Jozzy4: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You need to learn what is called the hypostatic union. The phrase "angel of the LORD" is usually used as a theophany, that is, God Himself in the person of the pre-incarnate Christ revealing Himself in this status. Read and study the article below that addresses who Samson's parents saw and I pray that the Lord will open the eyes of your heart so that He can be revealed to you.

So you agree with the article that the wonderful ANGEL in judges 13 is Christ Jesus ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.