Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,423 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice (1355400 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
WWhat do you have to say about Ebola disease?
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2014

Dapo777:

WWhat do you have to say about Ebola disease?

See what you're not being told about Ebola in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1847079/ebola-what-not-being-told
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdygPN7A2vU

Higher Everyday
Friday, August 8, 2014

GIFT OF HOLY GHOST

TEXT: "We are His witnesses and also the Holy Ghost, Whom God hath given to them that obey Him" (Acts 5: 32)

The Holy Ghost was given to believers in Christ as a gift from God. The fulfilment of that promise was clearly manifested in the life and ministry of the Apostle Peter and his colleagues as they declared to the rulers that they had the Holy Ghost. The Spirit has a special role to play in the life of the believer. Any believer without the Holy Spirit is like a flying aeroplane without the aviation fuel. Do you have the Holy Ghost?

That would not be a wrong boasting, but please be informed that the Holy Ghost is given to you for the fulfilment of a specific responsibility—that of being a witness for the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:4, 8.) You must desire daily to fulfil the purpose of the Holy Spirit in your life. The power of the Holy Spirit will make you to be more fruitful in soul winning.

Challenge: "Make up your mind to be a witness for Jesus"

Prayer: "Father, fill me with your Spirit."

Further Reading: Acts 8:3-8

Quotation:: "Are you are a witness of the Lord?"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2014

Higher Everyday
Saturday, August 9, 2014

LIFE’S JOURNEY

TEXT: "And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, if God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I go..." (Genesis 28: 20-22)

Jacob was a wise young man who learnt to trust in the Lord from early days. This life can be likened to a journey, full of uncertainties. Many youths believe that this life is like a picnic, full of fun and exciting moments. But that is not all the truth about life. Job says that “man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble” (Job 14:1). Yes, “few days,” because, life at its best is very brief.

There are youths who are unaware of this fact, and just simply run along in this life without any focus. Wasted years in childhood cannot be recalled in the game of life. According to Shiv Khera, "Unlike the game of soccer where players can be substituted, the game of life allows no substitution or replays." It's that awesome! As a game or as a journey, life must be fully and solemnly committed to God as Jacob did, for guidance, and handled with care. Let Jesus Captain you.

Challenge: "Take out time alone with God"

Prayer: "Oh God, be my Guide today and always."

Further Reading: Proverbs 3:1-7

Quotation:: "Let Jesus Captain you"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2014

Higher Everyday
Sunday, August 10, 2014

LIFE’S JOURNEY

TEXT: "But Gehazi... said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him" (2 Kings 5:20)

“Though the home is a palace, yet to a discontented mind it is a prison.” —Henry. Gehazi, Elisha’s servant lost a great benefit, his greed brought him to a terrible end. He was a special aide to Elisha and enjoyed all the privileges available yet he became covetous and turned a leper overnight.

Christians, especially the youths today are warned against greed and the passion to get-rich-quick. Many young people would want to ride in the best cars, use the most expensive phones, put on the most expensive wears and so on, to the detriment of their own souls.

Be content with what you have, never force your parents or guardians to get what you want and do not really need. As much as possible, go for what you need. If you are covetous, God can deliver you today as you repent.

Challenge: "Not all that glitters is gold"

Prayer: "Lord, save me from greed."

Further Reading: 2 Kings 5:21-27

Quotation:: "Be content with what you have"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2014

Higher Everyday
Monday, August 11, 2014

NOW OR NEVER

TEXT: "Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth..." (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

The above text is a universal call to all youths of all nations and generations to have a place in their heart for God. You would do well to accept this divine counsel as a youth. The Lord loved you so much that he gave you a call, and the appropriate thing to do is to respond very positively to it. Every call in life demands a response, whether positive or negative.

When God called Abraham to go to a place he never knew before, he obeyed. This was a call to salvation. His call means that you have to forsake the lifestyle of sin and rebellion against Him. He also calls you to holiness, consecration and service. Jesus asked Peter, "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?" Then in response to positive answer, He told him. "Feed my lambs."

In your youth, you can be saved to serve the Lord. If you have not been saved, then why not now? Delay is dangerous.

Challenge: "Be bold in living for the Lord"

Prayer: "Oh Lord I surrender my whole life to you anew."

Further Reading: Matthew11:28-30

Quotation:: "Turn away from all sins"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2014

Higher Everyday
Tuesday, August 12, 2014

THE FATHER'S PROMISE

TEXT: "And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you..." (Luke 24:49)

The promise of the Holy Spirit was given by the Father several centuries before the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ (Joel 2:28-30). He saw the need of humanity long before His salvation plan was made manifest. It is however, surprising that believers still go about trying to serve the Lord without giving much thought to the place of the Holy Spirit in their lives and service to God. The Bible says “even the youths shall faint and be weary”. The Christian race demands a strength that is beyond the physical.

There is however, the promise of the Father which has been given through the Lord Jesus Christ for effective service. However, according to Oswald J. Smith, "God will never pour out His Spirit on the flesh. Sin and spirituality cannot co-exist. The Holy Spirit will not occupy a dirty heart." Are you saved and sanctified? If yes, then go boldly before the Lord today and ask for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. You will be filled in Jesus' name.

Challenge: "You need the power of the Holy Spirit"

Prayer: "Father, fulfil your promise in me today."

Further Reading: Joel 2:28-32

Quotation:: "You need this promise"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Plateau State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNjUkfWDC0

Higher Everyday
Wednesday, August 13, 2014

THE KEEN-EYED GOD

TEXT: ..."For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7)

Anne and Elsie were mere acquaintances until their relationship blossomed into close friendship. After about a year, Elsie asked Anne to accompany her to a night social gathering. Anne did not bother to find what form of gathering it was. She simply gave her consent. In the course of the meeting, Anne discovered to her dismay that she had been lured into an occult meeting. Anne tried to back out of the place, but she was told very clearly that the only option opened to her was death, if she refused to be initiated!

Some youths tend to make friends so easily with people they do not really know much about. Their choices of school, career, friends, hobbies, entertainments and other desires are based on emotional feelings and considerations that are fleeting. They embrace anybody or anything that catches their fancies, and this could be misleading. In making choices in life, ask God, who knows best, to help you. Lean on the Lord, and he will not fail you.

Challenge: "Do you always walk by sight?"

Prayer: "Father, help me to always lean on Thee."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:7

Quotation:: "Lean on the Lord"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On Aug 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYMH3NsNcJ4

Higher Everyday
Thursday, August 14, 2014

HASH REQUESTS

TEXT: "And the younger of them said to his father, Father give me the portion of goods that falleth to met"... (Luke 15:12)

Jesus narrated the story of the youngster who requested his father to give him his own part of family inheritance. His father agreed to his demand, and he soon left home with his share of the heritage. Certainly, this decision of the wasteful son was unplanned — a common trait among some youths. He certainly did not seek a superior counsel. He took a rash decision and ruined his youthful days in riotous living.

As a Christian, if there is one thing you must avoid in life, it is the tendency to take reckless decisions. It could lead to a disappointment in life. You must avoid taking thoughtless steps that could ruin your future progress. If you are not saved, this is the time to repent and allow God to guide you. Be prayerful and learn to seek counsel when and where necessary. Do not lean on your own understanding alone.

Challenge: "Never be hasty in taking decisions"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to avoid taking reckless decisions."

Further Reading: Jeremiah 10: 23-25

Quotation:: "Learn to seek counsel"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Expect Your Miracle Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzq_234CDcU

Higher Everyday
Friday, August 15, 2014

CONQUER WITH CHRIST

TEXT: "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13)

Anderson was a very brilliant student and the chance of a First Class degree was bright. By the first semester of his final year, he was already through with his project and was looking forward to the final exams. However, just before he vacated for the First semester break, the unexpected happened. Anderson was driving out in a van with two friends. Their vehicle skidded off the road due to needless speed, and slammed into the concrete base of a bridge. Anderson died instantly. His was a shattered dream.

The above experience teaches us that our destiny is actually in God`s hands. Unfortunately, many youths, are not aware of or choose to ignore this reality of life. They try to depend on their energy as key to their success. However, the unexpected does come in life and close to the peak of our strength and ambitions, you could faint or fall. It is only in Christ that we have the assurance of triumph. So, put your trust in Him.

Challenge: "Make God the source of your strength"

Prayer: "Father, give me the faith that moves mountains."

Further Reading: Colossians 3:3

Quotation:: "Put all your trust in Him"

See more at:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55am On Aug 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOzUzSR72I

Higher Everyday
Saturday, August 16, 2014

POSSIBLE IMPOSSIBILITIES

TEXT: "But Jesus…said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19: 26)

We live in a possible world that by the same token is sheer impossible. It is the quest to solve the impossible that is constantly propelling man into pushing the boundary of knowledge by studying nature and the natural environment. This is because great leap in science and technology has created equipment, programmes and gadgets that bring convenience and comfort to us where we earlier had challenges. Yet, many of our curious questions are still unanswered.

This is because life consists more than just the ability to improvise equipment and programmes that also require the tangible, time, talent, toil and tears. The fullness of life consists of the spiritual, social, cultural, psychological, physical, and financial wellbeing, among others. Christ controls all things — both the natural and supernatural — at His Word and pleasure. No matter how badly anyone or anything might be, He knows how to turn that person or thing around.

Challenge: "God has the final say in the affairs of the world"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to trust in your power."

Further Reading: Psalm 62:11

Quotation:: "Christ controls all things"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, August 17, 2014

COUNT THE COST

"For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it" (Luke 14:28)

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?()
Whenever you pass through the US Army Recruiter Office you will notice all the incentive posters and slogans in the windows. "Sign up today and receive $50,000 for college!" "Get a $20,000 signing bonus!" "Join the Navy and see the world!" "You can Fly High in the US Air Force!" "We are looking for a few good men; can you be one of us?" Those are great incentives, aren’t they? Each of those slogans appeals to visions of adventure, success, and having a sense of pride that you are special.

Sacrifice, possibility of dying in service for the fatherland, and being ready to count the cost, are not revealed! In Luke chapter 14, Jesus cautions against jumping into a quick decision. You should always pray and seek godly counsel before you make any important decision about what career to pursue in life, which school to attend, and who to accept as a friend. Be careful! A wrong decision you take today can adversely affect your life and destiny.

Challenge: "Look and listen before you leap"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be patient before deciding."

Further Reading: Luke 14:28-33

Quotation:: "Always seek godly counsel"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, August 18, 2014

IN HIS IMAGE

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29)

Some youths happen to look a lot like their dads and mums, so much so that people often ask if they are sons or daughters of so and so. This is what today’s scripture is portraying. It requires you being a God’s child to conform to the image of His Son Jesus. If you pretend to be a child of God and do the works of Satan, then you cannot claim to be related to Him.

Do you hide behind a smokescreen and pretend to be related to Jesus or does your faith go deeper than your outward confession? You too need to look into the mirror and see something of Jesus looking back at you or you will be just as lost and dirty and distanced from God as the Jews of Christ’s days, who claimed to be children of Abraham, but in works, they denied God. If Jesus is truly in you, others will see Him and be drawn to love Him.

Challenge: "You too can be conformed to Christ’s image"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be like Jesus."

Further Reading: John 8:42- 44

Quotation:: "God knows His children"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, August 19, 2014

LIGHT A CANDLE

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house" (Matthew 5:15)

John Todd was born in Rutledge, Vermont, into a family of several children. At a very young age, John's parents died. The relatives wondered what they would do with so many children. One loving aunt agreed to take little John. She sent a horse and a slave named Caesar to get John, who was only six at the time.

On the way back an endearing conversation took place: John: Will she be there? Caesar: Oh, yes, she’ll be there waiting for you. John: Do you think she’ll go to bed before we get there? Caesar: Oh, no! She’ll be sure to wait up for you. You’ll see her candle shining in the window. When they got to the clearing, sure enough, there was a candle in the window, and John's aunt was standing in the doorway.

John Todd grew to become a great minister of the gospel. But it was there at his aunt’s, the home of a kind woman who lit her wax light that this great minister was groomed. Albert Schweitzer noted, “The purpose of life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.”

Challenge: "Light up the world through your godly example"

Prayer: "Lord, make me a shining example."

Further Reading: Matthew 5:14-16

Quotation:: "The purpose of life is to serve"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HOLD YOUR HEART

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23)

Heart diseases are the number one cause of death by both men and women in the United States claiming approximately 1 million lives annually. More people die of heart diseases than of AIDS and all cancers combined. By 2020, heart diseases will be the leading cause of death throughout the world from available statistics.

Dr. Michael DeBakey was the eminent heart surgeon who pioneered such innovative heart and blood vessel operations that made him one of America’s most celebrated in that field. Dr. DeBakey and his colleagues performed one of the first successful coronary artery bypasses, using part of a vein from the patient's leg.

Many students want to study medicine and surgery as a profession today because health is very important to man. The text today is about the need to take care of this very important part of our lives. Are you concerned about the state of your heart today?

Challenge: "You have a responsibility to keep your heart"

Prayer: "O God! Create in me a clean heart."

Further Reading: Ezekiel 36:25-28

Quotation:: "Take care of your heart"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, August 21, 2014

DINAH'S DILEMMA

"And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land" (Genesis 34:1)

As the only daughter in the family, Dinah perhaps got bored one day and decided it would be a nice idea checking on her friends next-door. Her chat with them would address her loneliness but she did not envisage the dilemma that was sure to follow. One thing led to the other, and she was sadly raped by a Hivite prince called Shechem who had abducted her. The incident enraged Dinah’s brothers who ended up sacking a whole village and killing all the men. Dinah's careless visit shattered her spiritual life.

It is risky practice for any child of God to keep relationship with any child of the devil. There are youths today who ignorantly follow the footsteps of Dinah and ruin their godly heritage. They are always interested in going out for sight-seeing and window-shopping. They prefer to roam about aimlessly from house to house instead of working on their school assignments. Beware! You are one visit away from trouble! Therefore watch and pray.

Challenge: "Mind the friends you keep"

Prayer: "O God! Deliver me from bad friends."

Further Reading: 1 Peter 5:5-9

Quotation:: "Watch and pray"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSlwGzggLVs?list=UU4zsqN5YdXfxkkdVvwNA3JA

Higher Everyday
Friday, August 22, 2014

HEROD'S ACT OF HORROR

"When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him" (Matthew 2:3)

Who can endure such heart-breaking information? Imagine you are the head-boy or head-girl. Suddenly, you hear rumours about your likely replacement. What would you do? Herod the Great saw the birth of Jesus as a threat to his throne. He tried to trick the wise men, who came to worship Jesus into revealing the child's location in Bethlehem. But they were warned in a dream to avoid Herod, so they returned to their countries by another route. To ward off the perceived threat to his kingdom, Herod killed all the babies in the region from year two downwards, hoping that new-born Jesus would be among the dead.

The lesson you can learn here is that wild ambition can turn you into a cruel person. You should appreciate what God has given you instead of worrying about what others have. It is only God that can make you keep what you have if you please Him and do His will.

Challenge: "Are you afraid of Jesus? Have a rethink"

Prayer: "O Lord, take away the spirit of envy from me."

Further Reading: Matthew 11:28-30

Quotation:: "Come to Jesus now"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2014

Higher Everyday
Saturday, August 23, 2014

WILY WINE

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise" (Proverbs 20:1)

The world is filled with alcoholic beverages. Availability and access to alcohol have resulted in increase in its consumption. Youths are not left out of alcohol usage. Drinking joints litter the school neighbourhoods and campuses of our tertiary institutions today. Some students spend precious time and resources in these bars, drinking, hatching evil plans, and practicing various social vices. Some graduate into armed robbers, kidnappers, rapists, prostitutes, and the likes. Potential academic giants end up as drop-outs.

Our text warns that wine is a mocker. Unwise youths are deceived by it. Be wise and avoid the mocker. Do not gamble your future away because of peer pressure. You will regret your action unless you retrace your steps. Instead of being filled with wine, you should be filled with the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. Are you already a victim? Turn your life to Christ today. He will set you free and reorder your life. future and health.

Challenge: "Strong drink will endanger your health"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to flee from youthful vices."

Further Reading: Genesis 9:20-27

Quotation:: "Reorder your life"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2014

Higher Everyday
Sunday, August 24, 2014

BORN AGAIN AND BAPTISED?

"And Jesus answering said unto him, suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness..." (Matthew 3:15)

A man was stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he came upon a preacher baptising people in the river. He proceeded to walk into the water and bumped into the preacher. The preacher turned around and, though almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, asked the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?" The Drunk answered, "Yes, I am." So the preacher grabbed the drunk and dunked him in the water. Then he pulled him up and asked him, "Brother have you found Jesus?" The drunk replied, "No, I haven’t found Jesus."

Anyone still living in sin has not found Jesus and does need to be baptised. The Lord Jesus Christ is not only our righteousness, but also our sanctification and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30). Notwithstanding, he still allowed John the Baptist to baptise Him in order to fulfil all righteousness. Have you had water baptism? To qualify for baptism, you must be born again; serve God in righteousness (Luke 1:75); and remain faithful to the end.

Challenge: "Humble yourself to be righteous"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to live a righteous life."

Further Reading: Acts 8:26-38

Quotation:: "You must be born again"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2014

Higher Everyday
Monday, August 25, 2014

PROPER PRAYER

"He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness" (Job 33:26)

The information age makes communication easier, faster and more reliable. Prayer, which is the act of communing with God, is more rewarding, especially when offered in righteousness and faith to God. The world we live in is daily loaded with diverse kind of difficulties. Youths are not exonerated from these challenges of life such as academic failure, sickness, disappointment, discouragement, lack, and lots more.

To be free from evils and to be able to live an overcoming life in the world, you must surrender your life to Christ. After you have been saved from sin, you can now talk to God in prayer. When you pray, you receive grace to lead a righteous life, mountains are moved and sorrows are turned to joy, failure to success, defeat to victory, sickness to health, poverty to prosperity and all-round breakthroughs. The key to a successful life is anchored on a consistent life of prayer.

Challenge: "The prayer of a saint can change life and situations"

Prayer: "Lord, teach me to pray."

Further Reading: Psalms 55:16-23

Quotation:: "Talk to God in prayer"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qD71MtoY-c

Higher Everyday
Tuesday, August 26, 2014

HEAVENLY HELP

"My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:2)

A story was told of a student who after his final examination prayed to the Lord for help when he realised that he might fail one of the papers. While on his knees, the Lord told him specifically “go and see the teacher.” He stopped the prayer but doubted the rightness of the suggestion. He pondered in his mind: “What would people say?” how would he testify that he went to plead for marks to enable him pass?” After much hesitation and consideration, he summed up courage and obeyed. To his surprise, the teacher on seeing him asked ‘what can I do for you?” and the student replied “to pass your exam,” and immediately he pronounced it done for him.

The teacher here, as a human agency, has become an instrument in God’s hand to execute the student’s request. Similarly, angels, situations and circumstances can be used by God to help His people today. Ask and you shall receive. You too can receive heavenly visitation today.

Challenge: "Don’t let the fear of failure or loosing something keep you from asking"

Prayer: "Lord, remember me for good."

Further Reading: Acts 27: 21 – 25

Quotation:: "Ask and you shall receive"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2014

Higher Everyday
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

PROMISED PARDON

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

A fellow recounted his experience thus: “Until I was 19 years old, a night in the town Westend consisted of at least 2-3 drinks, a couple of cigarettes, a group of gangsters for companion and waking up the next morning so I could do it again the next night. Until privilege came my way; I listened to a gospel sermon by a fiery preacher, who was astonished to realise how wretched I was, his words burned in my heart, grieving over my sins and crying, I prayed “Oh Lord! Have mercy and forgive me, for am a dead fellow.” Immediately, I felt the peace of God in my heart, and a voice from within saying your sins is forgiven.” How is your life today? Is it not necessary that you obtain the needed pardon for your iniquities? Christ has paid for it all. Repent of your sin; invite Jesus Christ the Saviour to sit at the throne of your heart.

Challenge: "Don’t mistake Gods forbearance for God’s approval"

Prayer: "Lord, in thy manifold mercy pardon my iniquity."

Further Reading: Isaiah 6:1-7

Quotation:: "Christ has paid it all"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2014

Higher Everyday
Thursday, August 28, 2014

WICKED WAYS

"Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents" (Romans 1:30)

More inventions are coming up in the world day after day. The world now parades unmanned planes —the drones— being used to spy on or bomb the strongholds of the enemies. The world was agog at the invention of television, which gradually began to expose the youths to all kinds of indecencies. But now the Internet has completely changed the course of man, bringing the whole world to your palm via palmtops, cell phones, tablets, iPads, iPods etc. Good as it is, there is no invention in the history of man that has corrupted the youths more than the Internet.

All sorts of evils—occult practices, abominations, sexual immorality, nudity, fraud, seduction and others — are now available live on the Internet just at the click of a mouse. The Bible warns that in the last days, knowledge shall increase. The challenge today is how you can make use of these inventions and avoid deliberate indulgence in sins. If you have already joined them in committing sins on the Internet, ask God for mercy and promise never to visit those immoral sites any more. Don't play with anything that will make you a doomed candidate of Hell fire!

Challenge: "Will you allow Internet turn you against God?"

Prayer: "Father, help me to avoid sinful ways."

Further Reading: Romans 1:18-22

Quotation:: "Don't play with fire"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2014

Higher Everyday
Friday, August 29, 2014

THE WAY OF DEATH

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Proverbs 14:12)

Nelms, in Dying Testimonies of Saved and Unsaved, gave the account of a young man in Georgia who was constantly warned by his parents and others to turn from his wickedness, profanity and gambling, but he will not take their advice, and became a miserable wreck in life. He fell ill, and during his sickness he exclaimed, “Oh, drive this devils away with their chains, they will drag my soul down to hell before I die! Oh, brother and sister, take warning! Don’t come to this hell. This hell is enough! The devils are dragging me down! Don’t come to this hell of woe, this hell, this hell!” That young man died eventually. Be warned, repent today and surrender your life to Christ before it is too late. The choice is yours; hell, or eternal life with Christ in heaven? Let nobody deceive you about the reality of Hell Fire. Be wise and chose eternal life with Christ.

Challenge: "Surrender your life to Christ now before it is too late"

Prayer: "Dear lord, help me to escape the damnation of hell."

Further Reading: Mathew 7:13-14

Quotation:: "Chose eternal life with Christ"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2014

Higher Everyday
Saturday, August 30, 2014

LONG LIFE

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10b)

A true long-lasting life is only found in Christ. This life is not just about living for many years. It is about a life full of satisfaction and peace of mind. Those who are not Christians cannot appreciate this kind of life. For instance, Southern Baptists are ridiculed by the media as being too rigid because they preached against drinking, dancing, homosexuals, playing cards, --- how out of touch --- premarital sex. The life of a sinner is full of sins, sicknesses and satanic oppression.

The world may never agree with or accept Christians' understanding of the righteousness that Christ proclaimed. But our Lord has promised you His follower a life far better than you could ever picture or think of. It is a life full of God’s grace, mercy and blessed peace within. It encompasses a life of salvation that embraces sound spiritual and physical health. He says "I will put none of the diseases of the Egyptians upon you." It is a complete life indeed.

Challenge: "Do you have abundant life in Christ?"

Prayer: "Lord, grant me the life of Kingdom of Heaven on earth."

Further Reading: Isaiah 64:4

Quotation:: "It is a life of grace and peace"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2014

Higher Everyday
Sunday, August 31, 2014

DETERMINED DANIEL

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself … he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself" (Daniel. 1:8.)

The era of standing on the present Gospel truth even in the face of persecution is fast fading away. God is looking for youngsters of solid conviction to accomplish his will; those who would not betray the Son of Man with a kiss or deny Him; and those who would be ready to pay the price for their faith.

How can true believers survive in this world of sin and where evildoers appear to be reigning? Daniel made his decision by the truth he was taught. He did not consider falling out of favour with the king a big deal. Praise God! He never regretted his bold decision. Actually, young people with convictions do not care what they lose or gain by standing for the faith once delivered to the saints. There is a great reward for you when you stand for the Lord— promotion, prosperity, power and peace of mind are some of them.

Challenge: "Can you stand for Christ when it matters?"

Prayer: "Holy Father, give me the grace to stand for you."

Further Reading: Psalm 119: 9-11

Quotation:: "Stand for the Lord"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, September 1, 2014

TWICE A TRANSGRESSOR

"For if I build again the things I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor" (Galatians 2: 18)

When a sinner repents and comes to God, there is joy in heaven. Jesus referred to it in the parables of the lost coin and sheep. Nothing could be as bad as someone who returns to evil after he or she has been saved through the precious blood of the Lamb. You are born again and have things you have rejected. Don't go back to the past.

Some born again teenagers are sometimes deceived by the devil who makes them to believe that they have missed some privileges. Unfortunately, the devil will not show them the other side of coin. Those who are so deceived prove, by their own acts that their repentance was neither genuine nor whole-hearted. It could also be that they were saved but became careless at some point. Backsliding youths stand the danger of losing the mercy and favour of God because the Scripture says: "If any man draws back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him" (Hebrews 10:38).

Challenge: "Consider the peril of backsliding and change your mind"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to follow you till the end."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:17

Quotation:: "Don't go back to the past"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Saviour's Sacrifice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 2, 2014

FORGET THE FAILURES

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before" (Philippians 3:13)

In his letter to the Philippians, Paul advises believers to forget those things which are past and reach forward to the things which are ahead. Obviously, Paul does not mean that you should forget everything about your past. After all, remembering the goodness of God in the past shows you are grateful to Him. However, feeling embarrassed about past sins can be very unhelpful.

After you have confessed your sins to God and accepted His forgiveness, it is settled. But when you still feel guilty over a shameful past, the enemy makes the most of it and brings doubt into your mind. Instead of recalling your failures, you should actually exercise faith in God. Just look ahead, marching toward the spiritual victory, academic success and excellence that God has promised you. As you do this, the devil will be brought to His knees in Jesus` name.

Challenge: "Those who stick to their past will repeat of the same"

Prayer: "Lord, help me never to feel guilty about forgiven sins."

Further Reading: Hebrews 6: 1-11

Quotation:: "Forget the past"

See more at:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.