Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy (22671 Views)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City / Is It Financially Wise To Have Your Own Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Alpet(m): 5:48am On Jul 09, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State on Tuesday said his administration would soon start a new policy that would enable Lagos residents to own their homes after paying rents for a specified period of time.
According to the governor, the new policy is known as “Rent to Own” initiative coming under the Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme. He added that the initiative would encourage more residents to participate in the state housing scheme.
Fashola said this during a special interactive session with artisans in the state in Ikeja, explaining that a research conducted by his team showed that traders, transport operators, bricklayers and fashion designers, among others in the informal sector could conveniently pay for the homes across the state.
He said, “The investigations indicated that most people in the informal sector could also afford the mortgage scheme, going by their monthly income and profit. So, the Rent to Own initiative will further make the scheme affordable for all and sundry.
“I urge you to apply for your choice homes in the scheme because government will, through the Lagos Mortgage Board, ensure that artisans benefit from the scheme. The board will allocate blocks of flat to you in accordance with your monthly income and profit to enable you take part in the scheme.
“What we need to do now is to help you order your record keeping in order for you to qualify. This is a new policy that is slightly different from the mortgage scheme itself, but will ultimately lead to mortgage. Your money will be saved monthly and put in the scheme.”
Fashola also took time to brief the participants on security measure put in place in the state and urged them to be involved in the Residents’ Registration and the Commercial Drivers’ exercises of the government.
Chairman, Lagos State National Union of Road Transport Workers, Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede, said average commercial drivers in the state could afford the homes and would participate in the scheme.
He said, “Commercial drivers earn between N45,000 and N70,000 monthly. This is a good development; the Rent to Own initiative will make the housing affordable to our members.”
Commissioner for Housing, Bosun Jeje, said the meeting was to encourage artisans to partake in the LagosHOMS.
Source- http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-proposes-rent-to-own-home-policy/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by jemby: 6:00am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by BRAV0O(m): 6:00am On Jul 09, 2014
Millitory zone (keep off!) grin
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by MrRhymes101(m): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2014
i pray make my landlord no read this news.......amen

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by adedejisy: 6:03am On Jul 09, 2014
grin..Nothing is impossible...we are waiting ,Front page thing
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by alingo4life: 6:05am On Jul 09, 2014
See Front-page..Fashola's picture is now Nyako..Chai,there is god ohhh
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by flyca: 6:05am On Jul 09, 2014
Double post. Sorry o
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by flyca: 6:05am On Jul 09, 2014
Ok, we will soon know the real owners of Lagos cool
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by BRAV0O(m): 6:07am On Jul 09, 2014
flyca: Ok, we will soon know the real owners of Lagos cool
pls what ar u trying to insinuate ?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Lilprocess(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by stinggy(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2014
The only problem I have is that the scheme will be politicized. All those top guns having many houses before will still be the ones to benefit from the scheme, thereby defeating the goal of the scheme.
I long to see the day things will start working well in this country.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by olojuede01: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2014
hmmm
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by madridguy(m): 6:16am On Jul 09, 2014
Goos development from BRF.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by akraym(m): 6:16am On Jul 09, 2014
All na wash. Its not gonna happen in Fashola's era. He has less than 1yr to pack his azsszz out of Govt. House

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by adezzy01(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2014
nice well fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by egopersonified(f): 6:19am On Jul 09, 2014
I was afraid ohh, I thought a tenant would pay for my own house and claim it, if u know the kind of fear I just experienced in 30 seconds ehhh, u will sue op. Not that I even have one in Lagos ohh but am working towards that.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by mencade5(m): 6:19am On Jul 09, 2014
abeg who carry toilet key? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by BRAV0O(m): 6:24am On Jul 09, 2014
mencade5: abeg who carry toilet key? tongue
na andy lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by TRADELYN: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2014
It's welcome!

But I wonder when this will be done as you have got about < 10 months undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Omexonomy: 6:28am On Jul 09, 2014
I like the phrase "will soon start" typical of fashola
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by MissLirusehn(f): 6:29am On Jul 09, 2014
smiley
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by mencade5(m): 6:30am On Jul 09, 2014
BRAV0O: na andy lipsrsealed
hmmm...hahaha...na wa for you oooo.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by yinchar(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2014
This is a very nice initiative that should be well embraced and commended, a lot of folks have been living in lagos for many years, paying enormous house rent year in year out, this means they can finally own the rented government property after some years, Kudos to Gov. Fashola may God in his finite mercy, gives us a leader like you in this country NIGERIA, continue to enrich and bless you with lofty ideas.

EKO O NI BAJE Oooo

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by teniola55(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2014
Hmmm...i think fashola was the cause of germany beating brazil..7-1...SMH
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by TRADELYN: 6:35am On Jul 09, 2014
E dey inside the toilet naaa undecided
mencade5: abeg who carry toilet key? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by BRAV0O(m): 6:35am On Jul 09, 2014
mencade5: hmmm...hahaha...na wa for you oooo.
cool bro wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by flyca: 6:36am On Jul 09, 2014
BRAV0O: pls what ar u trying to insinuate ?

wink
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by mencade5(m): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2014
TRADELYN: E dey inside the toilet naaa undecided
tradelyn my oga...goodmorning...i no come hear from you again oooo. Wetin happen?
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by obayaya(m): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2014
If I hear!!!

Landlords will learn how to evict tenants before they'll be able to own the house.

Maybe it can work for government properties.

But how many government residential houses are out there?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 09, 2014
Rent to own indeed. Fashola with all this his smart ideas which he uses in robbing people. Land use no reach am again, na rent to own now.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 09, 2014
Nonsense, bringing in new policies when his tenure is expiring soonest.

I didn't even get what he meant. After paying house rent for awhile, you automatically become d owner?...is dat wat he meant?
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Project400: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2014
Interesting smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost From Foundation To Rooofing Level For A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / Who Should We Obey In This Case, The Landlord Or The Wife? / Demolition Of Buildings Ongoing In Oyo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.