Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:55 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (617070 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
benfluleck:
They are doing bootcamp for XXVI cycle
Alright, so when will dey start sending out invites for interview
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 2:32am On Aug 31, 2017
collinic:
Alright, so when will dey start sending out invites for interview

Give it a few weeks you just have to wait, they have a very efficient HR so they haven't forgotten you
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Fiscabally(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Please guys I'm interested in learning programming and this python stuff, but as a newbie which should i learn first and where can i get that free online so as to prepare myself for andela afterwards
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Fiscabally:
Please guys I'm interested in learning programming and this python stuff, but as a newbie which should i learn first and where can i get that free online so as to prepare myself for andela afterwards

Hi, python is a good beginner language.

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-python is a good place to start.

'Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw is also a very good book. Just google it, I'm sure you'll find a free copy somewhere.

Feel free to lookup videos on youtube for concepts you don't understand.

Goodluck!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Fiscabally(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
MuskElon:

Hi, python is a good beginner language.

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-python is a good place to start.

'Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw is also a very good book. Just google it, I'm sure you'll find a free copy somewhere.

Feel free to lookup videos on youtube for concepts you don't understand.

Goodluck!

Thanks a lot boss
Appreciated
And i saw Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw 3rd edition to download, i hope that is ok?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
Fiscabally:

Thanks a lot boss
Appreciated
And i saw Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw 3rd edition to download, i hope that is ok?

You're welcome. Yes that's fine. Follow his instructions.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Fiscabally(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
MuskElon:

You're welcome. Yes that's fine. Follow his instructions.
ok
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Daminomics: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
I just applied for Andela fellowship xxviii and I received a mail to concentrate on JavaScript but from what I have seen here, people talk more about python. I dont no which to face now, I have taken a look at the JavaScript and the topics their are much, the timeframe I have is less than a month and python is still there. Please what do you advice. I will like to know if the homestudy test is a pause and continue stuff or I have to finish up once I start because I saw the timeframe given was 4hrs and some minutes. Anyone who can advice please do.. thanks in advance
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
Daminomics:
I just applied for Andela fellowship xxviii and I received a mail to concentrate on JavaScript but from what I have seen here, people talk more about python. I dont no which to face now, I have taken a look at the JavaScript and the topics their are much, the timeframe I have is less than a month and python is still there. Please what do you advice. I will like to know if the homestudy test is a pause and continue stuff or I have to finish up once I start because I saw the timeframe given was 4hrs and some minutes. Anyone who can advice please do.. thanks in advance

If you got a mail to concentrate on Javascript(JS), you should probably do that. The bootcamp is centered around JS.

You can always learn python easily in the future once you know JS. Python is just beginner friendly in my opinion.

Forget the time frame and put in as much hours as you can. If you're completely new to programming you probably can't learn JS in a month.
But if you've mastered another language, you can easily.

From my previous experience, you don't have to finish the test in 4 hours. You can complete it in days even. You can do it module after module if you like or blitz through it.

Goodluck!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 6:31am On Sep 09, 2017
who has gotten the code challenge that will be submitted before 5pm on Sunday, September 10th, 2017 for the interview?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Daminomics: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks so much sir. One more question please. I will like to know if the timer will stop counting whenever I logout or it will keep counting
MuskElon:

If you got a mail to concentrate on Javascript(JS), you should probably do that. The bootcamp is centered around JS.

You can always learn python easily in the future once you know JS. Python is just beginner friendly in my opinion.

Forget the time frame and put in as much hours as you can. If you're completely new to programming you probably can't learn JS in a month.

From my previous experience, you don't have to finish the test in 4 hours. You can complete it in days even. You can do it module after module if you like or blitz through it.

Goodluck!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by wolexy07(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2017
Daminomics:
Thanks so much sir. One more question please. I will like to know if the timer will stop counting whenever I logout or it will keep counting

The timer will not stop. Even if you exceed the time limit given to complete the challenge, the timer doesn't stop.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Daminomics:

Timer won't stop.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fredamare: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2017
Guys, how was your interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 8:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
fredamare:
Guys, how was your interview?
mine is tomorrow
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2017
Xup guys, does anyone have an active spectranet/swift unlimited subscription i have a cool deal for you. if interested send me a pm.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kingsbig2001(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2017
Folzye:
Xup guys, does anyone have an active spectranet/swift unlimited subscription i have a cool deal for you. if interested send me a pm.
am interested
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Daminomics: 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
Does anyone know Andela hotlines, I have not taken the home study assessment yet and deadline is still till September 29th but I received a mail saying I dint get up to the required score in the assessment. Has anyone experienced this?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
kingsbig2001:

am interested

Kindly send me a pm, i'll reply you ASAP.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
I got this mail from Andela after the interview? If you would like to re-apply, we would advise you to dedicate some time to developing your communication skills and improving your knowledge of Andela culture.

Whats Andela culture?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sinceat9(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
Please guys, I don't get the same result on the Using let variables for ECMA SCRIPT 6 tutorials. After changing my var to let, the program still runs .what could be the issue?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by chigozie391(m): 11:04am On Sep 17, 2017
kingsbig2001:

am interested
pls can u shared the idea the guy gave you about using unlimited subscription
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by SirKriz(m): 3:32am On Sep 18, 2017
sinceat9:
Please guys, I don't get the same result on the Using let variables for ECMA SCRIPT 6 tutorials. After changing my var to let, the program still runs .what could be the issue?

"let" works within a code block and "var" functions globally, though you can have variable hoisting issues later with var. Send me a pm, I will send you a PDF material (Understanding ECMAScript 6 by Nicholas Zakas) if you are interested.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mionyx: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
MuskElon:

Goodluck!

@ MuskElon pls I got the same Email and I am confused because I don't Know whether the questions I am to solve at the Homestudy test will be based on Python, or on JavaScript or Both...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
mionyx:

@ MuskElon pls I got the same Email and I am confused because I don't Know whether the questions I am to solve at the Homestudy test will be based on Python, or on JavaScript or Both...

I think you'll be able to use either language.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rukygbas2: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
This will help you.. How To Configure NPower Device... A Must Read... https://naijacycle.com/configure-npower-device-internet-browsing-reinstall-npower-apps-video/
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by danose99(m): 4:24am On Sep 23, 2017
MuskElon:

I think you'll be able to use either language.
Please bro, is it confirmed that we can choose either of them(javascript or python) for the test?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MuskElon: 6:18am On Sep 23, 2017
danose99:

Please bro, is it confirmed that we can choose either of them(javascript or python) for the test?

You could use either language 3 months ago.

But I don't know if things have changed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.