Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,694 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (619620 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by damtan(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
I started developing a keen interest in coding and programming a few months ago and so i just applied for Andela IT Cycle 40 fellowship today. I have downloaded the homestudy pack but not started reading.
So i decided to check nairaland for related post on how the program would look like, but honestlt, reading through the comments on this thread, fear don dey catch me. Everything sounds next to jargons. Abeg, am i safe to go on with this application without any prior experience or coding skills?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
damtan:
I started developing a keen interest in coding and programming a few months ago and so i just applied for Andela IT Cycle 40 fellowship today. I have downloaded the homestudy pack but not started reading.
So i decided to check nairaland for related post on how the program would look like, but honestlt, reading through the comments on this thread, fear don dey catch me. Everything sounds next to jargons. Abeg, am i safe to go on with this application without any prior experience or coding skills?

Fear not brother.. Impossible is nothing.. Don't give in to fear. Just get your head down and attack the material.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Quartermain(m): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
Can I apply for cycle 40...even when am still expecting the second assessment test for cycle 39?...hope it won't ample my chances of moving on with the 39th cycle..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Quartermain(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
plz....For people that applied for cycle 39..The preliminary homestudy assessment sent of 11 questions when submitted, I noticed I could still access the questions back if I input my mail after have submitted initially...am I doing anything wrong or its normal..A response would be much appreciated...
plus I answered and submitted with my phone..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
F
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
guente02:

Pretty smooth. Covering all edge cases and checking no stone is left whilst pushing for a test coverage of 100%. One really needs to have their LFA leave very few feedback so that they can tackle challenge 3 asap (when it presents itself).
haha, great one man, i hope the LFA's aint that strict
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by FrostyBlok(m): 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Quartermain:
Can I apply for cycle 40...even when am still expecting the second assessment test for cycle 39?...hope it won't ample my chances of moving on with the 39th cycle..
I don't think it affects your chances, just put in your best for the test. I applied for cycle 38 while I was preparing for cycle 36 bootcamp. I got a cycle38 interview invite 3days after I got an Andela acceptance mail.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
FrostyBlok:

I don't think it affects your chances, just put in your best for the test. I applied for cycle 38 while I was preparing for cycle 36 bootcamp. I got a cycle38 interview invite 3days after I got an Andela acceptance mail.
Wow. Congrats!.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Quartermain(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
FrostyBlok:

ok thanks much...and congratulations. ..All the best
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Gudiza(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2018
naijanoni:

Yes.
Did u notice anything wrong?

I tried the examples stated in the question on your code and it didn't output the result in that example. i.e "helloworld, worldhello" should output 8 as the Hamming Distance whereas yours outputs 10, also your "boy, toy" example should output 1 as Hamming Distance where yours gives 4.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2018
naijanoni:
Guys abeg help me scrutinize before I submit.
https://codepen.io/OZONKWO/full/NOvejo/

Did they request that both Strings must be entered in a single input? Why not create 2 input spaces.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Gudiza:

I tried the examples stated in the question on your code and it didn't output the result in that example. i.e "helloworld, worldhello" should output 8 as the Hamming Distance whereas yours outputs 10, also your "boy, toy" example should output 1 as Hamming Distance where yours gives 4.
That is because you are including the quotation marks in the input field.
I think quotation marks in the examples are just quotations of the strings or (to state they are strings), it shouldnt be inside the input field.
I could be wrong tho.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
minions:

Did they request that both Strings must be entered in a single input? Why not create 2 input spaces.
Single input should take the strings seperated by a comma. This is the instruction

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Gudiza(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
naijanoni:

That is because you are including the quotation marks in the input field.
I think quotation marks in the examples are just quotations of the strings or (to state they are strings), it shouldnt be inside the input field.
I could be wrong tho.
Oh I see. You're right.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ttyman: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
FrostyBlok:

Big congrats bro...sent you a mail. like to hear from you..am hoping follow your steps
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ttyman: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2018
please house, I use windows and I am trying to install Ubuntu on a VirtualBox machine...its all done bone but my virtualbox is not receiving my wifi connection. I tried bridging networks and other stuffs but it isn't working. pls who has experienced this before, pls help out
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
naijanoni:

Single input should take the strings seperated by a comma. This is the instruction

Good job man.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Question : Are we using express as a framework in bootcamp abi we are to build server from scratch with just Nodejs?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
minions:
Question : Are we using express as a framework in bootcamp abi we are to build server from scratch with just Nodejs?
we are to use express for the main project.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
minions:

Good job man.
Thanks alot
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
minions:
it's in the guidelines-express

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
This tdd na die sha. Is it OK if I write the code for my model and controller first, then write the test, before going on to write the code for the route that is being tested? Cus that's the only way I can make sense of the whole thing.

Cc guente02, isArray, cycle 37 homies
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
fxdrizzle:
This tdd na die sha. Is it OK if I write the code for my model and controller first, then write the test, before going on to write the code for the route that is being tested? Cus that's the only way I can make sense of the whole thing.

Cc guente02, isArray, cycle 37 homies
you write your test first, then you write the code to make it pass
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
isArray:
you write your test first, then you write the code to make it pass
see wahala. Meaning you have to think of every single thing that could go wrong with whatever you are testing.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
fxdrizzle:
see wahala. Meaning you have to think of every single thing that could go wrong with whatever you are testing.
somethng like that, but since it is just like 5 routes we are implementing, it should not be that tough
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Fxdrizzle
For the GET you test for a 200 status, also you can test that it should return an object
For the GET /id you test for a valid Id, test for status
For the POST you test for valid input, test that it should return an object, also test for the property
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
isArray:
Fxdrizzle
For the GET you test for a 200 status, also you can test that it should return an object
For the POST you test for valid input, test that it should return an object, also test for the property
There should be an input validation middleware in your routes because you want to ensure that the data that hits your route handler is purely verified and is of the accepted type and format (You don't want to pass an underscore as an id) and only then can the logic in your route handler be fired.

example of a route with a middleware
app or router.get(/products/:id, inputValidationMiddleware, (req,res)=>{})

now the app requirements expect your id parameter to be an integer that is 1 (products don't have id of 0 na) and above. if the user enters anything less than 1, the program flow is going to end in the inputValidationMiddlewareand then send a response with a status of 422 (https://httpstatuses.com/422) and a body with error property saying one clean error message - res.status(422).send({error: 'Id should be an integer that is greater than 0'}).
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
guente02:

There should be an input validation middleware in your routes because you want to ensure that the data that hits your route handler is purely verified and is of the accepted type and format (You don't want to pass an underscore as an id).

i know, Joi handles input validation
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
isArray:
Fxdrizzle
thanks bro.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
guente02:

There should be an input validation middleware in your routes because you want to ensure that the data that hits your route handler is purely verified and is of the accepted type and format (You don't want to pass an underscore as an id).

how do i fix this travis eerror please
(function (exports, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { import express from 'express';
^^^^^^
SyntaxError: Unexpected token import
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
isArray:
i know, Joi handles input validation
Exactly.
To keep things clean, flat and also follow the SRP principle....throw that validation logic with joi into a middleware function and call it in the declaration. That way there is the division of labor and everyone is happy.
PS: This is not mandatory but thinking about it holistically you'd see how it fits into the big picture.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
isArray:
how do i fix this travis eerror please
(function (exports, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { import express from 'express';
^^^^^^
SyntaxError: Unexpected token import
Your stack trace is importanta that this little snippet.

Is everything working fine in your pc?
Have you installed and using babel?
Because node does not understand this yet => import express from 'express'. Na only const express = require('express') e sabi.
But if your use babel to run the code then all would be fine.
But on a second thought the solution to this your problem is sleeping on stackoverflow. Goan wake him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.