Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620201 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
gentletalkaktiv:

In addition to what guente02 and isArray my guys suggested, you could check out Brad Traversy's course online. He has two videos on YouTube: One where he used the old XHR and the new Fetch so you can see the difference then another he used fetch purely then Steven Griffith has about 20+ videos on his channel on it. He talked about some other things too. If you search for 'fetchAPI CRUD' you will see some other articles from scotch and Jesse.sh I think. Cheers!
thanks a whole lot

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teamoneline: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
fxdrizzle:
thanks a whole lot

sorry are you using the fetch api for tdd? or where?
and also are you cycle 39?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
teamoneline:

sorry are you using the fetch api for tdd? or where? and also are you cycle 39?

fetch api is used in challenge 4. I am not in cycle 39.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teamoneline: 9:12am On Nov 26, 2018
fxdrizzle:
fetch api is used in challenge 4. I am not in cycle 39.

pheeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

all the best bro!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
samnelly4u:

here is the task:
Given a non-negative integer, return an array or a list of the individual digits in order.

separate multiple digit numbers into an array

Parameters
n: Number - Number to be converted

Return Value
Array<Number> - Array of separated single digit integers

Examples
n Return Value
123 [1,2,3]
8675309 [8,6,7,5,3,0,9]

Have you been able to solve this?@samnelly4u
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
teamoneline:

sorry are you using the fetch api for tdd? or where?
and also are you cycle 39?

From the word 'Fetch', it's used to call your endpoints/URL from the backend to the frontend. Using fetch, your template comes alive. Those buttons become active, the form submission gets stored in a db at the click of a button et.c

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
naijanoni:
Hello guys.
Just for encouragement:
I only started learning programming around May this year, and I just made it into the fellowship.
So if you just started programming, you too can get in soon, but u have to give it your all.
Right from May till now, it has been non-stop, no-sleep learning.
Three weeks before the bootcamp project, I had zero knowledge of anything backend. Node/express/database, I didn't know any of them. At the start of the bootcamp project, I didn't know how to use git. How I was able to cover so much in very little time still surprises me.
Get good resources and keep studying hard!. Your hard work would pay off soon.
Special thanks to my ogas Don Pikko, guente02, isarray for assisting whenever I ask questions here.
The journey begins, there is still a lot to learn.

Won't be a bad idea if you shared with us some of the resources you used. Links
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by samnelly4u: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
gentletalkaktiv:

Have you been able to solve this?@samnelly4u

Yes, Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
minions:

Won't be a bad idea if you shared with us some of the resources you used. Links
On what in particular?.
The Mosh Hamedani Udemy course on Node/Express (isArray shared with me) helped a lot in understanding how to build APIs, authorization/authentication with jwt e.t.c.
Honestly, aside from that, most of what I used were official documentations of packages.
I used this for git:
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows#gitflow-workflow .
If u can specify what areas in particular, I might be able to provide links.
Also there are some really helpful links in your bootcamp project manual, click on them. I ignored those links at first, but later on I realized some of them were really good and straight to the point. They helped to some extent.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
Any cycle 41 applicant here Or are my the only one...lol
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
Boss I'd like to get the link on the nodejs....thanks
naijanoni:

On what in particular?.
The Mosh Hamedani Udemy course on Node/Express (isArray shared with me) helped a lot in understanding how to build APIs, authorization/authentication with jwt e.t.c.
Honestly, aside from that, most of what I used were official documentations of packages.
I used this for git:
Also there are some really helpful links in your bootcamp project manual, click on them. I ignored those links at first, but later on I realized some of them were really good and straight to the point. They helped to some extent.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 2:20am On Nov 27, 2018
Mekzy02:
Boss I'd like to get the link on the nodejs....thanks
You can send me a mail. It is a video tutorial. About 7GB
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Brizzy404: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mekzy02:
I applied for cycle 40, i didn't hear from them atall.. I had to reapply for cycle 41
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 1:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Okay...All the same...How far have you gone with course content? Still battling with JavaScript here oh!
Brizzy404:

I applied for cycle 40, i didn't hear from them atall.. I had to reapply for cycle 41
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Brizzy404: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2018
Mekzy02:
Okay...All the same...How far have you gone with course content? Still battling with JavaScript here oh!
Went through the contents then... Have background javascript knowledge tho
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phetty(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
Mekzy02:

I applied for Cycle 41 too. Have you received the home study test mail?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nope bro...I'm thinking it should be by 7th December.
phetty:

I applied for Cycle 41 too. Have you received the home study test mail?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 2:49am On Nov 29, 2018
Noni abeg wanted to ask....during the bootcamp daily challenges, are we allowed to google or stackoverflow when we get stuck??
naijanoni:

You can send me a mail. It is a video tutorial. About 7GB
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 5:09am On Nov 29, 2018
Mekzy02:
Noni abeg wanted to ask....during the bootcamp daily challenges, are we allowed to google or stackoverflow when we get stuck??
Why not?.
But daily tasks are mainly writing blogposts, so you don't need stackoverflow.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
naijanoni:

On what in particular?.
I used this for git:

The 4thweek challenge in particular. I have been learning template engines with ejs and pug. It turns out we're going to be writing Ajax. I'm a total novice in that field. I'm currently in 2nd week challenge.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
minions:

The 4thweek challenge in particular. I have been learning template engines with ejs and pug. It turns out we're going to be writing Ajax. I'm a total novice in that field. I'm currently in 2nd week challenge.
Hi.
Fourth week you'll be using the Fetch API (which is very simple) not Ajax (except things have changed). What were u asked to use in the instructions?
I saw some Fetch API links shared in the previous page.
This is a short and simple tutorial on Fetch:
https://flaviocopes.com/fetch-api/

By the way, you might not even start challenge 4 in bootcamp. On the last day of bootcamp, we were only expected to have completed challenge 3 of the project.
Our defence on the last day was on the project up to challenge 3.
I just started my challenge 4 yesterday.
Next week, what you'll be doing mostly is modifying your challenge 1 and 2 work based on the feedbacks you'll receive from your LFA.
However, that might not be the case for all bootcamps (this was my first bootcamp, I dont know how other bootcamps are).
So its always good to be prepared for everything.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks Noni for your quick responses and all..you've been helpful.... if you don't mind can u throw more light on what those challenges 1-4 are all all about..what programming language(s) did u guys use to implement the challenges? Not as if we are expecting same thing in our bootcamp but I believe it would help newbies like us know the scope generally. Thanks once again
naijanoni:

Hi.
Fourth week you'll be using the Fetch API (which is very simple) not Ajax (except things have changed). What were u asked to use in the instructions?
I saw some Fetch API links shared in the previous page.
This is a short and simple tutorial on Fetch:
https://flaviocopes.com/fetch-api/

By the way, you might not even start challenge 4 in bootcamp. On the last day of bootcamp, we were only expected to have completed challenge 3 of the project.
Our defence on the last day was on the project up to challenge 3.
I just started my challenge 4 yesterday.
Next week, what you'll be doing mostly is modifying your challenge 1 and 2 work based on the feedbacks you'll receive from your LFA.
However, that might not be the case for all bootcamps (this was my first bootcamp, I dont know how other bootcamps are).
So its always good to be prepared for everything.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mekzy02:
Thanks Noni for your quick responses and all..you've been helpful.... if you don't mind can u throw more light on what those challenges 1-4 are all all about..what programming language(s) did u guys use to implement the challenges? Not as if we are expecting same thing in our bootcamp but I believe it would help newbies like us know the scope generally. Thanks once again
Node.js, Express, PostgreSQL for database and fetch api.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks fizzle, pls is node.js different from express? I normally see them combined tho.
fxdrizzle:
Node.js, Express, PostgreSQL for database and fetch api.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mekzy02:
Thanks fizzle, pls is node.js different from express? I normally see them combined tho.
express is a framework used when working with node js. Don't worry, you will grab all this things with time. Just keep studying

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mekzy02(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2018
fxdrizzle:
express is a framework used when working with node js. Don't worry, you will grab all this things with time. Just keep studying
Thank you so much bro. I appreciate.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by assurancefemi: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
Got called for Cycle 40 interview

Dunno how to make to Lagos. sad
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by samnelly4u: 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
assurancefemi:
Got called for Cycle 40 interview

Dunno how to make to Lagos. sad

Have you done the interview challenge code?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by maigemuu: 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
Programmers in the house. i need explanation on the purpose of this code: please what is the purpose of (!!) in javascript

timpd = (!!arr[i-1][j-1]?arr[i-1][j-1]:0)+(!!arr[i-1][j]?arr[i-1][j]:0);
arr[i].push(timpd);

i understand below is a "class".

.block:nth-child(even) {
background: red;
}

when do i use nth-child....

i searched google but still got confused
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
maigemuu:
Programmers in the house. i need explanation on the purpose of this code: please what is the purpose of (!!) in javascript

timpd = (!!arr[i-1][j-1]?arr[i-1][j-1]:0)+(!!arr[i-1][j]?arr[i-1][j]:0);
arr[i].push(timpd);

i understand below is a "class".

}

when do i use nth-child....

i searched google but still got confused
I'll jejely skip the array part for now, perhaps my ogas at the top would come through soon enough.

The nth-child() is a type of css selector that matches every element that is the nth child - regardless of type - of its parent.

To give context, I'll use the example you provided.

}

The code above would apply a red background to every even (2nd,4th,6th...nth) child of its parent that has a class of block.

Find below a mock structure of how a typical html markup looks like.

div
p.block
p.block
p.block
/div

The div is the parent of all the p tags and each p tag has a block class.

Just to be abundantly clear, the style rule above would apply to just the 2nd p tag because it's index/position is even in nature and it has a block class.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dhrey112: 12:10am On Dec 03, 2018
Hello, what data subscription do you use to complete the home study course. Just like to know.

Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by maigemuu: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2018
guente02:

I'll jejely skip the array part for now, perhaps my ogas at the top would come through soon enough.

The nth-child() is a type of css selector that matches every element that is the nth child - regardless of type - of its parent.

To give context, I'll use the example you provided.

}

The code above would apply a red background to every even (2nd,4th,6th...nth) child of its parent that has a class of block.

Find below a mock structure of how a typical html markup looks like.

div
p.block
p.block
p.block
/div

The div is the parent of all the p tags and each p tag has a block class.

Just to be abundantly clear, the style rule above would apply to just the 2nd p tag because it's index/position is even in nature and it has a block class.

Your explanation is clearer....i appreciate...

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.