Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620247 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by TDyke: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
faith2ogesco:
lol. it is well. but in case u meet another similar scenario, always make sure u do the first one in d list. all d best. dis should b rectified on monday

No jor tongue.. It's "started from the bottom now we here". Abi you don't know the song? Don't carry last o grin. Andela should better write an apology letter to all affected, failure to do so will attract Cain lashes on the team in charge.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 1:58am On Jan 17, 2016
tgmservice:
I will make sure andela pays for this "wasting my hard earned time", they will pay with blood
you should be trying to enter Yaba left not Andela. Andela is not for people like you. If you mistakenly get in, they will kick you out as fast as they could. You are retar.ded! and Andela is not a psychiatric home.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2016
onyebig1:
is this a a joke or an error??
finished my homestudy and plum test test to 100% on tuesday only to recieve two mails this morning that i ve not completed my homesstudy test .the second a regret mail because i didnt complete the home study test . have complain to them via apply@andela.com only to get an auto reply from a machine. please house who get the main contact email of andela ?
I'm having the exact same issue. And I completed my test about two weeks ago. It's really bleeped up..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2016
iykyvic:
The messages are automated, just as you previously received one reminding you to complete home-study before deadline. My friend got two home study tests but completed just one of them and received the 100% trophy, I got just one and finished it too on the 14th of January(Note that I choose to write mine a day to deadline to actually go through the material thoroughly) with a trophy also displaying on completion. This is a software error at most, just shows us how serious one error can be during software development. Some have already given up hope, some are in tears and the most would be very angry and perturbed because of the amount of time put into studying and taking the test. Don't give up hope, I think with or without Andela, those of us who truly completed the study and took the test without aid would have realized how far they've come and how far they can go with Software Engineering. Continue studying. I personally was alarmed when I got the second mail by 10:52 am this morning, the first mail was okay, the second mail simply made invalid all my attempts at trying to become an Andela fellow, it was a blow below the belt, but I reasoned my way out of it. I've since sent them two mails via the mail addresses "apply@andela.com" and "apply@andela.co". I have also submitted a complaint via their survey forms. If you must send them a mail, ensure that you are polite and articulate because they owe you nothing and have simply kick started your success in a career of Software Engineering. I suggest we all keep studying and keep our fingers crossed. I hope this helps someone. To our success, Wannabe Andelans!

I feel you bro. I was VERY dissappointed when I got the mail too but I knew it was a software error or something. I hope it would soon be rectified. On the other hand if it isn't rectified, l'll never feel like I just wasted my time because I've acquired valuable knowledge which I can still apply anywhere regardless of Andela. So don't be discouraged y'all. Just keep on studying like my boss iykyvic said..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tgmservice: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Icecream4U:
you should be trying to enter Yaba left not Andela. Andela is not for people like you. If you mistakenly get in, they will kick you out as fast as they could. You are retar.ded! and Andela is not a psychiatric home.
see this ediot who what's to be a programmer thinking like a grown retarrd. Upon all the programming u have learned still no common sense you should have known I was just venting my frustration and u insult me directly without thinking like a programmer. U beta go and learn shoe-making cause even if you make it to andela you will still be a useless hungry programmer

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
tgmservice:
see this ediot who what's to be a programmer thinking like a grown retarrd. Upon all the programming u have learned still no common sense you should have known I was just venting my frustration and u insult me directly without thinking like a programmer. U beta go and learn shoe-making cause even if you make it to andela you will still be a useless hungry programmer

Easy folks! There has been a little misunderstanding here but let's not get too excited over it. Peace..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
For those of you gentlemen who sent me mails and didn't get a reply, that was because I couldn't find the mails in my mailbox after several attempts..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tgmservice: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
5staG:
For those of you gentlemen who sent me mails and didn't get a reply, that was because I couldn't find the mails in my mailbox after several attempts..
are we to send u any mails
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ftscott(m): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Admin can u add me up to the andela whats app group 08184867994
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ftscott(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
TDyke:

Did you finish your homestudy test? and still got a regret mail?
everyone receiveD d mail both the succesfull applicant and the non succesfull ones.i guess its just a bomb mail.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by telldaddy: 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
HELLO PIPS. I'M SORRY I KINda came across this forum late a lonG TIME AFTER I HAD FINished anD SUBmited. I finished on THE 3RD. Not because i was familiar with the

stuff, bUT REALIZINg i knEW NHothinG AT ALL ON programinG, I had to GiVE IT all i had (in FACT I DIDNt knOW THE Name of anY PROGRAMMINg lanGUAGE IF Not java. My

younGER ONe had bOUGHT a text on IT 9yrs ago ANd abANdonED IT ON TOP OF my wardrobE FOR A BanKINg career. It was really dusty wen I REALIZED IT WAS MINe).

yeah, i got a sinGLE CURRICULUM ANd the mail i got wasn'T the REGRET MAIL.

first i mus commenD ALL y'ALL FOR HOW HOMELY YOU'VE MADE THIS FORUM TO Be. REALLY, each of youR posts made me wannA COME Back to check whats nEW. YOUR ENcouragemenT TO

ONe anOTHER SERVED AS ENcouragemenT TO ME ANd SEEinG YOU WORK HARD ON the curriculum let me knOW THAT Beautiful anD HARDWORKINg people may nOT Be arounD me, bUT THEY

ARE OUT THERE! KUDOS.

SECONdly, i feel deeply SORRY anD CONcernED ABoUt pips who finISHED THE CURR ANd STILL GOT A REGRET MAIL. WE ALL SHOULD REALIZE THAT SUCH COULD HAPPEN to anYONe. The

curriculum demanDED A LOT OF TIME, DEDICATION ANd was costly TO RUN. IT Brought so much headachE ANd frustration (esp for first timers like me). anYONe's effort on IT

SHOULDNt bE SOMETHINg that would bE DISMISSED WITH JUST A WAVE OF THE HANd. lots of people sounD Bitter anD I FEEL DEEPLY TOUCHED.

i HAVE GOOD REASONs to bELIEVE thAT THE MIS-ADDRESSED REGRET MAILS MUST HAVe been a system error judgING bY THe errors recorded in senDINg out the curriiculums (some

pips recieved as much as seven). i guess they will address thAT ON thEIR First hOURS OF WORK THis week (remember its been WEEKEND ALL ALONg) OTHerwise good

explanATIONS SHOULD Be tendered by the company for their action. IF thEY DONT AND I'M PERMITTED TO CONtinUE TO A POINt where i
can ACCESS ANy onE WHO CAN GIVE VALID INfoormation on whAT Happened, i will surely not hESITATE IN POSTING SUCH info on THis link.

DEAR FRIENds, if beinG a programmer is really your quest, you are on A Noble course and neva let this dissappointmenT DULL YOUR SHINE. THe curriculum, independent of

Andela eQUIPPED US WITH thE BASICs. whO KNowS WHat gREAT OPPORTUNities thIS WILL Bring along. MOST LIKKELY SOMETHing MUCH more thAN ANDELA. REMEMBER YOU ARE ALL

INTELIGent and hARD WORKING. I was amaZED AT THe activities and interactiveness of thIS FORUM WEN I FIRST SAW IT.

LASTLY, hAVE WE CONSIDERED How correct anwers WE gave to thE OBJECTIVE PARTS, bOTH in thE CURR And in THE PLUM TEST, WERE? in future TESTS And EXAMs, eqUal attention

shOULD BE Given to seeming LESS demanding PARTS LIKE DAT COs MUCH attention is many times given to SUCHN PARTS by pips who set D questions. CORRECTNESS OF SUCH ANSWERS

COULD BE THE 'ONLY' TRUE TEST WHICH FINISHING QUALIFIES YOU FOR (Sorry i studied educationaL TECHNology, M'Ed).

aNYWAYS, I REALLY PRAY ANDELA REVIEWS THIS POSITIVELY FOR I'VE LONG SINCE BEEN LOOKIN FORWARD TO SEEING EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU ON THE PART OF THE PROGRAM WHERE WE

ARE ALLOWED US TO SIT NEXT TO EACH OTHER LEARNING HOW TO CODE AND ALSO LEARNING FROM ONE ANOTHER.
I MUS CONFESS, I REALLY HAVE A LOT TO LEARN IN THIS GAME CALLED 'CODING'

PARDON MY TYPING PIPS. MY KEYBOARD AIN'T FEELIN ALRIGHT.
THANKS A LOT

6 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Rich4god did you get to finish the exercises?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
Geist:
Rich4god did you get to finish the exercises?
I couldnt... Before I could rectify the issue with my dashboard, it was already too late.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Rich4god:
I couldnt... Before I could rectify the issue with my dashboard, it was already too late.
sorry about that.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Geist:
sorry about that.
No biggy, will try and apply for the next batch...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
Rich4god:
No biggy, will try and apply for the next batch...
ok, you already have an experience which will be part of your arsenals
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Geist:
ok, you already have an experience which will be part of your arsenals
Yes o... Have already done the plum test... Waiting for the curricullum wen ever they are ready
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ezehuche: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2016
Have u guys heard of codeplus software academy they offer something similar to what andela, even much better.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ade4ever: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
To former andela fellows, can anyone pls send me d phone number of any HR personnel in Andela to my inbox. I also received the regret mail after all d hours i spent studying and taking the labs.

I would greatly appreciate. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2016
ezehuche:
Have u guys heard of codeplus software academy they offer something similar to what andela, even much better.
what makes it better than Andela?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijalander: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ftscott:
Admin can u add me up to the andela whats app group 08184867994

hi please add me to the whatsapp group 07010396941
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by codeaddict(m): 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
ade4ever:
To former andela fellows, can anyone pls send me d phone number of any HR personnel in Andela to my inbox. I also received the regret mail after all d hours i spent studying and taking the labs.
I would greatly appreciate. Thanks
https://twitter.com/dupsyturvy/status/663661742212423680

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
ezehuche:
Really?...will check it out. Thanks for the info bro..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijalander: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
codeaddict:

https://twitter.com/dupsyturvy/status/663661742212423680

hi am writing the test sometime tomorrow. do you have past questions?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by telldaddy: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hi pips, I GOT THIS MAIL DROM ANdela at 6:28pm to day.
My guess abT SYSTEM ERROR BeinG Responsible for sending the regret WAS CORRECT.
sure they have apologized. did anyone get it too?
here's the mail

Dear Candidate,

We would like to personally thank you for applying to the Andela Fellowship and for completing our Home Study test.

If you received and email yesterday, we apologize for that. You received the wrong email earlier due to a technical glitch that we were experiencing. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You will be receiving an appropriate email from our team shortly.

Kind Regards,

The Andela Recruitment Team
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yingkotj: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
Looking for a job? Are you computer literate? Are you Nigerian? Between 22-32 years? Resume is called for interested and qualified individuals to apply for job in various categories in sure food ltd. www.surefoodng.com /send CV/passport picture, info@surefoodng.com or jobs@surefoodng.com Application most include (1) current location address (2) Name and address of ten registered PHARMACY Shops in your Local government area. (3) Ten Hotels in your state/ local government area, for those resident in cities. (4) Location address of five food retail outlets including eateries. (5) Food shops 10, within a local (6) Government area, with trading volumes of over 5 million naira please note that only those that can meet this advert criteria will be called for interviews your location does not matter since it is an online marketing co. Application must reach advertiser on or be for 29th January 2016.MGT

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by TDyke: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2016
yingkotj:
Looking for a job? Are you computer literate? Are you Nigerian? Between 22-32 years? Resume is called for interested and qualified individuals to apply for job in various categories in sure food ltd. www.surefoodng.com /send CV/passport picture, info@surefoodng.com or jobs@surefoodng.com Application most include (1) current location address (2) Name and address of ten registered PHARMACY Shops in your Local government area. (3) Ten Hotels in your state/ local government area, for those resident in cities. (4) Location address of five food retail outlets including eateries. (5) Food shops 10, within a local (6) Government area, with trading volumes of over 5 million naira please note that only those that can meet this advert criteria will be called for interviews your location does not matter since it is an online marketing co. Application must reach advertiser on or be for 29th January 2016.MGT

Sly Bastards..... So it's the applicants that will bring vital marketing survey to you inform of an application because the company is too broke to pay a vendor for such information. You employers think you are wise, it's the situation of the country I blame otherwise companies like you that exploit won't exist. Me for one won't go through all this stress to gather information for a company that in the end might not take you.. Take ur job advert and post it in the Marines angry cheesy. Moreover this thread as you can see are for brains!! and I'm sure ur broke company that sells food can't even pay for us to develop an application that will give you the information you seek. grin

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by turnnel(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2016
WOW! Just got invited for interview by Andela. Thank God for this opportunity

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by telldaddy: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
was it through phone or Email?

turnnel:
WOW! Just got invited for interview by Andela. Thank God for this opportunity

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by telldaddy: 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
I also got this just now now
Dear xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxX,

Thank you so much for your application to join Andela. We are building a movement of aspiring technologists committed to transforming the technology landscape in Africa and around the world. The foot soldiers in our movement are Andela Fellows and we think you could have what it takes to become one of them.

That’s why, after reviewing your performance in our Homestudy Assessments, we would like to invite you to the next stage of our selection process -- the interview. Below, you will find instructions for scheduling your interview with Andela. You should be proud of yourself. Out of thousands of applicants, you are one of the select few who have earned this opportunity.

The road ahead will not be easy, but it will empower you to prove to us that you have what it takes to become a world-class developer.

Location: Your interview will be held at our offices located at Amity, Andela’s main campus:

Andela
2/4 Fso Street,
Off ,
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijalander: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
telldaddy:
Dear xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxX,

Thank you so much for your application to join Andela. We are building a movement of aspiring technologists committed to transforming the technology landscape in Africa and around the world. The foot soldiers in our movement are Andela Fellows and we think you could have what it takes to become one of them.

That’s why, after reviewing your performance in our Homestudy Assessments, we would like to invite you to the next stage of our selection process -- the interview. Below, you will find instructions for scheduling your interview with Andela. You should be proud of yourself. Out of thousands of applicants, you are one of the select few who have earned this opportunity.

The road ahead will not be easy, but it will empower you to prove to us that you have what it takes to become a world-class developer.

Location: Your interview will be held at our offices located at Amity, Andela’s main campus:

Andela
2/4 Fso Street,
Off ,

Am sorry was this sent after the Plum Test or the real test?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by faith2ogesco(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
telldaddy:
Dear xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxX,

Andela
2/4 Fso Street,
Off ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.