Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35188 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Chynx(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is untrue. No where are christians arrested for walking around christian.

No basis for comparison
Hey, Christian Corpers have been known to be attacked in the North...especially female corps members.

Stones were hauled at my girlfriend right inside the premises of sokoto state polytechnic during our NYSC program in 2006...just because she was dressed in trousers.

You Northerners (Islamists) always start up conflicts but when it gets out of hand, you begin to whine. Check put the origin of what happened (is happening) in C.A.R. No be una start am?

I need you to understand that when "arrests" are made, the Government is to be questioned NOT the locals... because security forces are mixed up with personnels from every part of the country. ..especially the north.

Stop whining!

24 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by yorke1: 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
One need to be careful since Islam has cause more harm than anything else. Any Muslim i see around me is a suspect and a threat to me. Do you have to blame me because of the way i feel going by what Muslims are doing?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by mki: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

No basis for comparison
So you beleive that muslims are arrested for walking around muslim in Abia state. Can't you see that the Op is just a mischevious alarmist out to generate bad blood? How would you know that a person is a muslim even when he has his NYSC attire on? I know that are muslims in Abia state going about their businesses and worshipping in their mosques unmolested. Please always read between the lines.

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by zeelo2014: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

No basis for comparison
Ok,show me where Muslims are arrested for no reason.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Christians nd igbo in general can criticise even with der last breath. My muslim brodas nd sister pls kindly leave Abia or any eastern state.. u are uttmost welcome here in south west nd northern Nigeria. May Allah guide nd protect u all(amin suma amin)!Ma salam!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Jimwalex(m): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ceasar1: Do you know how Christians are harass here in the core north? Mehn_ you can't begin to imagine that.

BTW, They are only doing the need to protect themselves. No big deal OP. If you feel harass, try reading a Bible in Saudi.

Useless..!
there are christians in saudi that practice their religion peacefully and without any sort of harassment.. stop posting what you dont know..
did u just say no big deal in what OP posted?! may God help u not to be in the kind of situation they are right now..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by ignis: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

No basis for comparison
Christians are always attacked in the north my islam fanatics for not covering all their bodies with hijab or blankets like masqurades.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!
christians suffer worse fates in the core North...so whatz this whining about? U think abians will tolerate a 'blast first and condemn later' scenerio after lives have bn lost?? I feel for any one who will be victimized bt corpers shld use their head this period and restrict any unnecessary movements and behaviours and understand that it is a heightned security environment...i think this story isnt complete though.

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Sijo01(f): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hertheywarlay: They identify us with ur beards n ur pair of trousers that does not exceed ankle

In order words, you don't have an identity. Poor you.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tuffgongjo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hertheywarlay: They identify us with ur beards n ur pair of trousers that does not exceed ankle
and the dark spot on their fore heads.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
davno: Tell us d whole story joor! Nobody arrests a corper like dt. Who did d arrest? The police or local vigilante?
Thank you my brother!!...You are a wise man...they go just come drop one sided story for people to swallow..mtsheew

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
ATTENTION!!

To my fellow NDIGBOS(the core ones) you don't have to fear anything, because there are two types of people that can not bomb:

1.A christian, even if he/she is just a norminal christian

2.A Yoruba man whom you guys call Yoruba and ngbai ppl. Let him be the strictest of all muslims yorubas will never bomb.

So there is no cause for alarm grin

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Chynx(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
mki: So you beleive that muslims are arrested for walking around muslim in Abia state. Can't you see that the Op is just a mischevious alarmist out to generate bad blood? How would you know that a person is a muslim even when he has his NYSC attire on? I know that are muslims in Abia state going about their businesses and worshipping in their mosques unmolested. Please always read between the lines.
Yeah you are right. I see a lot of muslim corpers in Owerri going around their daily business with no one raising an eyebrow towards them. Christianity is NOT wicked/cruel to non Christians.

The muslims who are always the architects of their own misfortune never cease to cry foul when their it starts getting back to them. They should spend more time sorting things out with their boko haram brothers and sisters instead of coming here to yap trash!

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by kaima1984(f): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

No basis for comparison
Indeed,english is a borrowed language

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Giannakopoulos(f): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don't want to comment on this because I don't know what their parents are doing to other people's children in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Sijo01(f): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
moscobabs:
Show me the lady that asked this question and I will show you the rude housegirl

You wanna know what's rudeness This is it........
moscobabs: I hear the voice of a yabaleft patient here

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Boko haram nd our failed govtm av indeed succeded by causing division among christians nd muslims. Dat means i cannt go nd serve in any Eastern state..So being a muslim z now a crime koh? I know one day d truth would be clear nd obvious..Allah's willing...Masha'Allah!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Evasmillingguy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!
[size=28pt]this not FAIR at all.. The governor needs to look into it[/size]
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by bnovative(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
donmix: No rumor without atom of truth, check urself well, either u or ur colleagues are members of BH
Don't mind these Muslims who are so paranoid that they can't reason with their head. How the op arrived at the over 300 Muslims, all male, moving at midnight in a convoy of buses, to be traders; is pathetic . let the northern Muslims keep deceiving themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
Am taking a student now and he is feeling so weak and dizzy due to the ramadan...but is it by force to fast ni?
Am feeling so much pity for him.

Islam is just too controversial

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Azboy34: Christians nd igbo in general can criticise even with der last breath. My muslim brodas nd sister pls kindly leave Abia or any eastern state.. u are uttmost welcome here in south west nd northern Nigeria. May Allah guide nd protect u all(amin suma amin)!Ma salam!
Na so Borno people been talk till them begin kidnap their yarinyas...u just take a story and swallow hook, line and sinker cos u already habour such sentiments...smh

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tbaba1234: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
NoreenUG:

spare me the blind hypocrisy.

i don't support the religious profiling currently going on in abia; but never in ur life should u come here trying to claim the moral high ground, because while the ppl of aba are merely 'harrassing' muslims verbally, the ppl of kano, kaduna and other muslims states are KILLING christians.

You are correct but these crimes are committed by miscreants, mob mentality. It is not about any moral high ground.

When authorities get involved and start arresting people for walking around, then that is a cause for major worry.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Jimwalex:
there are christians in saudi that practice their religion peacefully and without any sort of harassment.. stop posting what you dont know..
did u just say no big deal in what OP posted?! may God help u not to be in the kind of situation they are right now..

No, it's you that don't know what you are saying.

I'm in the core north. I mean CORE!

We receive death threats here.
They stalk you to see your house here.
They kill you here - as in slaughter!
You can't leave the city, They are waiting for you out there.

This “here” isn't harassment any longer!.

You are a big fat liar!
There is no any “official” church in Saudi.
Christians hide in the basement for fellowship!
Stop pretending! What I'm I saying?..You guys are all thesame.

10 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Chynx(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Jimwalex:
My friend, he just gave you a simple instruction..."go and hold/open/or read a bible in saudi arabia...then come share ur experience with us...if u can! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Chynx(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ceasar1:

You are a big fat liar!
They is no any “official” church in Saudi.
Tell them!!!...bunch of brainwashed carnibals!

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by bnovative(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ceasar1:

You are a big fat liar!
They is no any “official” church in Saudi.
Islam is deceit and so are it followers.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
elbashyr: Most of the ppl calling every hausaman boko haram are not even SSCE holders,
and u will c them opening their @@@@@ mouth calling a man that has MSc and PHD
in UK, just because he tribe is hausa.
its unfortunate.
why is it dat hausa ppl dont refer to every NIGER DELTA man as MILITANT
OR every IGBO MAN as KIDNAPPER.

boko haram means western education is a sin.
when i have phd in engrng, medicine, ...............etc and u dont have a simple SSCE cert then
who is the real boko haram between us.

i comment my reserve.
:::..oookaay now we all know u have an Msc and Phd from the UK...clap for yaself..Next person!

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chynx:
My friend, he just gave you a simple instruction..."go and hold/open/or read a bible in saudi arabia...then come share ur experience with us...if u can! undecided

Chai!!!

*looking for my bible* saudi arabia here I come grin
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by EejaNla01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yas2guy may Allah calm you people there,i wonder how there are still living soul there if you ppl are BH as they claim.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant. Can She Go To NYSC Camp Without Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.