Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,459 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

The World’s Poorest President (Photos). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World’s Poorest President (Photos). (2932 Views)

Buhari Receives Erdogan, Turkish President (photos) / Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos) / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Saraki, Senate President (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
You might not believe it, but Jose Mujica, president of Uruguay since 2010, is known to be the world’s poorest president.Jose donates more then of 90% of his $12,000 per month salary to benefit the poor and to help small entrepreneurs. If we need more of anything in this world, it would be more people like this. This man doesn’t put value on his appearance or clothes. He is criticized for his posture and clothes, but Jose puts more value on other things in life instead.
The president and his wife work the land themselves, growing flowers.This austere lifestyle and the fact that Mujica donates about 90% of his monthly salary, equivalent to$12,000 (£7,500), to charity has led him to be labelled the poorest president in the world.
" I'm called the poorest president', but I don't feel pooI, ive lived like this most of my life," he says, sitting on an old chair in his garden, using a cushion favoured by Manuela the dog."I can live well with what I have. "His charitable donations which benefit poor people and small entrepreneurs mean his salary is roughly in line with the average Uruguayan income of $775 (£485) a month.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Before his presidency, he was a guerilla fighter for Tupamaros, which acted like “Robin hood.” They literally robbed evil banks, gun clubs, and other businessesto give to the poor. He truly believed that his value was not in gaining more money, it was in the wellbeing of his country and people. He was imprisoned 2 times for a total of 14 years and shot 6 times after an escape attempt, But he still continues to fight for the people even in his high office now as president of Uruguay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mujica could live in this beautifulPresidential house, but has chosen a more humble place to live. He is a honest example of apresident that gives up his own comfort for the wellbeing of others.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
And this is where he lives, on a farm with his wife and dog. He isalso working to change the fancypresidential house into a museum that pays honor to pastpresidents. There’s no reason for money, fame, and a nice place to sleep when you can be humble and live on a farm. This president lives the life!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
His part time farming job, keeps him aware of the struggles and life that most other people of his country go though. He also grows and then sells flowers from his farm. You can see him frequently driving his old 1987 Volkswagon Beetle. He doesn’t need a fancy Bentley, because he doesn’t care about having a extravagant appearance. His people are what matters and what matters are his people.

Jose’s protection consists of two guards and his 3 legged dognamed Manuela.

Even though he is known as the poorest president, he strongly disagrees. He says, “I’m not the poorest president. The poorest is the one who needs a lot to live… My lifestyle is a consequence of my wounds. I’m the son of my history. There have been years when I would have been happy just to have a mattress.” This president’s example is a testament to how we should live our lives. We don’t need more things to be happy. In fact, some of the most wealthy people in the world, have their wealth stored in the currency of unselfishness, kindness, and true love......

http://astoundable.com/worlds-poorest-president/

1 Share

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by moscobabs(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
GEJ can do more than dat if una give ham time grin grin grin angry grin
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by mstik(f): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is a man with conscience and a good heart.
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by CVWizards(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
IMO, these are the true leaders.
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
moscobabs: GEJ can do more than dat if una give ham time grin grin grin angry grin
sure
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by tit(f): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
The president of Arewaistan will be poorer than this.
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by nonjebose(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Very instructive. Mind you, uruguay is not the poorest country. Guess,he needs no desperate political enemies. Mujica you are an example of servant-leader in deed,not in words
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by driand(m): 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
nonjebose: Very instructive. Mind you, uruguay is not the poorest country. Guess,he needs no desperate political enemies. Mujica you are an example of servant-leader in deed,not in words
the world would have being a better place if there were many other presidents like him.
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by uken73(m): 1:27am On Sep 23, 2014
I think this man deserves to be President for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Jibwillz: 2:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Non of em political goons in naija will sink so low 2 his level all in a bid 2 prove a point... Ordinary civil servant dey siphone mulla nt 2 tlk of presidency.... Public office is an avenue 2 stack up wealth... jonathan administration,, Tinubu cronies and othr past office holders has done a good job in dat aspect....

1 Like

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by amakufrancis(m): 3:45am On Sep 23, 2014
una see?
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 23, 2014
This man is rich in moral wealth he is not poor
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Jealouzzy(m): 3:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Nigeria is a better place
at least there is no thief in 9ja says mr president
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2014
The president saving himself some airfare money by hitching a ride on Mexico's presidential plane.

The President stepping out to an occasion.

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by JoeCutie(m): 8:33am On May 04, 2015
What a President!

3 Likes

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by khassy(m): 9:04am On May 04, 2015
true epitome of a leader

#RESPECT

1 Like

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 10:03am On May 04, 2015
JoeCutie:
What a President!

Faith in Humanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Esinasinla: 11:01am On May 04, 2015
i rili doubt if we have such presido in Africa talkless of our Nigeria. Anyway, notin is impossible for God
Re: The World’s Poorest President (Photos). by Nobody: 11:31am On May 04, 2015
Esinasinla:

i rili doubt if we have such presido in Africa talkless of our Nigeria.
Anyway, notin is impossible for God

Africans I think we're greedy and self centred. What do you expect from someone that is not going to the office to serve the masses but himself, that's why they always force themselves into the office.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Sets For Second Downfall / Breaking News Amaechi Becomes Buhari's Running Mate / Nigerian Prostitutes To Declare Three Days Of Free Sex If Buhari Wins (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.