Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (41780 Views)

Heinz Tomato Hybrid Seeds available for sale. / TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
The rural small holders farmers are complaining of no market for their cassava.
The main user of cassava eg the distilleries, starch processors are complaining of no raw material.
What could have been the issue?
The Distilleries and other cassava factories are in need of cassava with high starch content to produce starch.
The farmers, majority whom are smallholders are planting the low starch contents of Agbagba, Oko Iyawo etc.
The lower starch contents of cassava are mainly used in the production of garri, akpu or fufu and tapioca.Hence the market is vwry small
For farmers to have more productivity in terms of tonnage yield, market access and more money in their pockets, theirs need to experiments with new variety
The new variety is TME 419. It gives higher tonnage and higher starch contents
The yield can be up to 20 -40 tonnes per hectare depending on management
This variety is still limited in circulation. Its only few farmers that have access to it and is already using it.
This is the preferred variety in all the cassava using factories.
I will therefore encourage the would be farmers to seek for the better variety when ever they wants to plant.
A bundle of TME can be purchased for N400. 60 bundles will be required for an hectare. You can get the link through IITA or the farmers that has bought from IITA or some source
For the markets of cassava of high starch contents, Thai farm in Ososa,Green Tech in Agbara and lots more
Cassava are sold according to starch content. Walk into any of the companies with the sample of freshly extracted cassava, the test will be carried out right there and you know at what price to supply per tonnage

4 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nice post can you please give us list of some companies that buy TME419..
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Green Tech is in Agbara Estate, Thai farm is located in Ososa Ogun State, Psaltry is in Ado Awaye close to maya in Oyo State, Dadtco has a mobile processing units that they move around to locations. There is EKHA Agro, i think in Lagos. Matna is in Akure. There are some breweries in Sango Otta that makes use of cassava. Visit the company, they will request for sample to determine the starch contents. A visit to GIZ office in Ibara Abeokuta will give you a comprehensive details of cassava buyers
doctorisa: Nice post can you please give us list of some companies that buy TME419..

5 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
jethro2: Green Tech is in Agbara Estate, Thai farm is located in Ososa Ogun State, Psaltry is in Ado Awaye close to maya in Oyo State, Dadtco has a mobile processing units that they move around to locations. There is EKHA Agro, i think in Lagos. Matna is in Akure. There are some breweries in Sango Otta that makes use of cassava. Visit the company, they will request for sample to determine the starch contents. A visit to GIZ office in Ibara Abeokuta will give you a comprehensive details of cassava buyers
thank you
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Juliana7: 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
@jethro, this is awesome, good info. Expecting more
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by ashboy: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2014
how do i get this improve seedling in suleja .08091916405

1 Like

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
ashboy: how do i get this improve seedling in suleja .08091916405
please visit the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development office that is near to you
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nomination and election for new executives will be holding tomorrow in Abeokuta. Time is 10am. Please lets be punctual
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by kofolo: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2014
I can get you good TMe 419 breed by INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL AGRICULTURE.(IITA)If you are still intrested contact me on 08038289178
ashboy: how do i get this improve seedling in suleja .08091916405

1 Like

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by fm7070: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please, is this TME 419 cassave breed good for making garri.
just thinking that in case no market for the cassave, can it be used for other by-products?
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
fm7070: Please, is this TME 419 cassave breed good for making garri.
just thinking that in case no market for the cassave, can it be used for other by-products?
TME is not good for garri. It has higher starch content. Your target for TME should be the processing factory.
Use our local factories if you aim is cassava. Please don't just plant because everyone is planting. Be sure of your target market. Do your home work.

1 Like

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by fm7070: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
jethro2:
TME is not good for garri. It has higher starch content. Your target for TME should be the processing factory.
Use our local factories if you aim is cassava. Please don't just plant because everyone is planting. Be sure of your target market. Do your home work.

Thanks man
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
The harvesting season is approaching. We need buyers of maize and soya beans in large quantity. Minimum we can supply to your location is 30 Tonnes. Contact adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the Entrepreneurs will be holding on Saturday 13th of September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street, opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by rareman(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2014
jethro2: Nomination and election for new executives will be holding tomorrow in Abeokuta. Time is 10am. Please lets be punctual
Please why is this limited to only those in Abeokuta? Any plan for Lagos?
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by amarawa: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2014
Are there proof that tme 419 is not good for garri? According to a report from IITA, tme 419 has about the lowest starch content from their 10 different breeds and it is good for garri, according to them.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2014
amarawa: Are there proof that tme 419 is not good for garri? According to a report from IITA, tme 419 has about the lowest starch content from their 10 different breeds and it is good for garri, according to them.
Every varieties of cassava is good for gari, starch,cassava chips or whatever purpose one you might want to utilise it for. However, each product have a prefered species baaed on yields and some other parameters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 6:47am On Sep 14, 2014
rareman:
Please why is this limited to only those in Abeokuta? Any plan for Lagos?
Members are welcome from every where in and outside Nigeria. Our meeting place for now is Abeokuta. We have members that are based in Lagos
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nice and informative thread.
Keep it up.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by soladel(m): 5:13am On Sep 23, 2014
jethro2:
Use our local factories if you aim is cassava. Please don't just plant because everyone is planting. Be sure of your target mlarket. Do your home work.
There is no cassava varieties that are not good for garri, we have a lot of varieties in iita, I have a book on that, close to 59 different improved varieties released for farmers, I can send anybody the book free of charge if you are interested. According to jethro, when you want to cultivate cassava, plant to the specification of the target processor. Regards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by fm7070: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2014
soladel:
There is no cassava varieties that are not good for garri, we have a lot of varieties in iita, I have a book on that, close to 59 different improved varieties released for farmers, I can send anybody the book free of charge if you are interested. According to jethro, when you want to cultivate cassava, plant to the specification of the target processor. Regards.

Pls send me the ebook: femi799@yahoo.com

farmer need to have plan B for their crops. If one is not working, another will work, as such we can weigh our option and stick to the best.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by waka2: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
soladel:
pls sir can you to me i need it seriously Adekunlejms@gmail.Com.Tanx in advans.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
my mistake

4 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by waka2: 4:38am On Sep 27, 2014
@jethro...only the real admit when they make mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2014
waka2: @jethro...only the real admit when they make mistake.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Musyus(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2014
If you want a leasing farm land arroun eruwa in oyo-state for the cultivation of cassava and other crops pls, contact me on the following mobile numbers: +2348182149281 +2347085379901 or via my email address: phatyus79@gmail.com so, you can come for an inspection for the farm. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Tena11: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
jethro2:
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled

How can I contact you? Can you text me? I want us to do business
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Opiosko: 4:05am On Nov 28, 2014
soladel:

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Price Of PALM OIL In Akwa Ibom State per keg. / Man Harvests 30kg Cassava In Ohaji Imo State / My Low Cost Sack And Drip Irrigation Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.