Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (41774 Views)

Heinz Tomato Hybrid Seeds available for sale. / TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kingdomdaughter:

thank u so much.

i really appreciate it.

do u know about pineapple plantation please

I have few questions on them

What would you like to know about pineapple plantation
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by am4truth(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2018
soladel:

There is no cassava varieties that are not good for garri, we have a lot of varieties in iita, I have a book on that, close to 59 different improved varieties released for farmers, I can send anybody the book free of charge if you are interested. According to jethro, when you want to cultivate cassava, plant to the specification of the target processor. Regards.

Pls send the book to me: tolufunmie@yahoo.com
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2018
adeniyi65:

pls i need your experience on this. I heard from someone that TME 419 is yellowish in colour which doesn't favour cassava flour(elubo) except for garri and others only? is it true?

TME 419 is pure white in colour and which translates to white cassava flour.
This has been established by me from my harvest of TME 419 cassava two weeks ago which I have since processed to flour and happily consumed by my family!
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2018
jethro2:

TME 419 is rejected by the garri processors because it has too much water content.

It's highly favoured by the starch processing factories

Yellow cassava for gari is not the same as TME 419

Hi Jethro2

When you say it has too much water content, doesn't that just mean it will take longer time to dry so it can still be used for garri processing?

What cassava stem variety is good for garri then and do we have a hybrid that satisfies both starch companies and garri producers?
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
mamaaustin:

Hi Jethro2

When you say it has too much water content, doesn't that just mean it will take longer time to dry so it can still be used for garri processing?

What cassava stem variety is good for garri then and do we have a hybrid that satisfies both starch companies and garri producers?

The water content reduces the solid contents thereby decreasing the quantity of gari the processors will get

The normal cassava gives 13-15 bags of 50kg when a 3 tons pick up of cassava is processed to gari

TME and other hybrid give less quantity.

Not sure there is a specific one that satissfy the two

The starch processors need the water or liquid content
The gari processors need the solid or particle content
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
jethro2:

The water content reduces the solid contents thereby decreasing the quantity of gari the processors will get

The normal cassava gives 13-15 bags of 50kg when a 3 tons pick up of cassava is processed to gari

Thanks so much dear for the clarification.
I had been hearing that TME 419 was not good for garri, now I know it was just concerning the turnover from the raw material. I will still go ahead with my plan to process 30% of my harvest to garri and sell the rest to starch producing companies.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Number999: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
mamaaustin:

Thanks so much dear for the clarification.
I had been hearing that TME 419 was not good for garri, now I know it was just concerning the turnover from the raw material. I will still go ahead with my plan to process 30% of my harvest to garri and sell the rest to starch producing companies.
Please can you explain how can I turn my cassava to cassava starch instead of garri
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by adeniyi65(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
mamaaustin:

This has been established by me from my harvest of TME 419 cassava two weeks ago which I have since processed to flour and happily consumed by my family!
thank you mamaaustin. you make the exact justice to the particular juncture where i needed the information most.i was looking for hybrid stem that will favour my white flour production which TME 419 happen to be the
source one presently. Thanks once more.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
Number999:

Please can you explain how can I turn my cassava to cassava starch instead of garri

I am not into starch production, rather I am ready to supply cassava to companies that do.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
adeniyi65:

thank you mamaaustin. you make the exact justice to the particular juncture where i needed the information most.i was looking for hybrid stem that will favour my white flour production which TME 419 happen to be the
source one presently. Thanks once more.

You are welcome. I was told by many that TME 419 was only good to be sold for starch but I decided to try processing to flour (Elubo) and it was just as good as other species and quite delicious.
I will also try garri processing from it and will be back with my results.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by adeniyi65(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
mamaaustin:

good to hear.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by folahann(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good pieces of information here. Just planted my Cassava, I was told the stem is foreign and produces yellow garri
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by ola185: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
jethro2:

jethro2:

Hello...Thanks for all dis info on cassava. Pls like how many pick up can someone get on an hectare of cassava with TME variety?
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 4:31am On Jun 24, 2018
ola185:

Hello...Thanks for all dis info on cassava. Pls like how many pick up can someone get on an hectare of cassava with TME variety?

The no of pick up varies depending on the soil nutrient, the water management, the diseases control and so many things.

An hectare could produce 3 pick ups or more
At times some farmer get a pickup
Some other times se Farmers do harvest 6 7 or even more
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
mamaaustin:

You are welcome. I was told by many that TME 419 was only good to be sold for starch but I decided to try processing to flour (Elubo) and it was just as good as other species and quite delicious.
I will also try garri processing from it and will be back with my results.

So this evening, I just finished processing a pilot batch of my TME 419 garri. As a garri connoisseur and from the state known for the production of the best quality garri and......it was a success. This Garri is so dry and crunchy, we even used it to make eba and it was smooth like semo. Why am I going in to so much detail, because so many people said that this stem was not good for garri production and so far so good.

The garri produced is roughly 10 rubber measures and was produced from two 50kg bags (rice bags) of raw cassava.

Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words so the pictures are hereby uploaded. Thanks to Jethro for all her support and timely advice.

1 Like

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 6:05am On Jun 30, 2018
mamaaustin:

So this evening, I just finished processing a pilot batch of my TME 419 garri. As a garri connoisseur and from the state known for the production of the best quality garri and......it was a success. This Garri is so dry and crunchy, we even used it to make eba and it was smooth like semo. Why am I going in to so much detail, because so many people said that this stem was not good for garri production and so far so good.

The garri produced is roughly 10 rubber measures and was produced from two 50kg bags (rice bags) of raw cassava.

Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words so the pictures are hereby uploaded. Thanks to Jethro for all her support and timely advice.

Congratulations on your gari processing

But please some point of correction

No one wrote that TME 419 gari is not good for gari

What was written is that it's mainly meant for starch production because of its high water content

Ask from the gari processors in your area which variety of cassava they prefer

They will pay more for other species of gari but pay less for TME 419 and its likes because the gari they will have will be smaller compared to others

They will only buy TME 419 when there is no alternative

I hope I clarified the statement
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by cillion: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2018
Pls send me the ebooks kareemmayokun@gmail.com . I just come across this tread now . thanks
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
jethro2:

Congratulations on your gari processing

But please some point of correction

No one wrote that TME 419 gari is not good for gari

What was written is that it's mainly meant for starch production because of its high water content

Ask from the gari processors in your area which variety of cassava they prefer

They will pay more for other species of gari but pay less for TME 419 and its likes because the gari they will have will be smaller compared to others

They will only buy TME 419 when there is no alternative

I hope I clarified the statement

My dearest Jethro, I was not referring to you in my statement about some saying that TME 419 stem is not good for garri production. This was what I heard from locals offline and am sure some others may have heard from their interactions with local farmers.

It was even your post that clarified why garri processors don't go for TME 419 because of the quantity of garri that would be produced from such cassava. Since I didn't intend to sell to garri processors but rather do the processing to garri for wholesale myself, I have been able to cut out the middle man.

Fortunately I have also been able to link up with a company in my locality that is into starch production and ready to buy my entire harvest because it is TME 419.

Thanks once again and I hope this has clarified my previous post.

4 Likes

Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jackomagnus(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2018
MDDarah84:
Pls my ogas,is it TME 419 the local farmers call Cotonou Cassava?

capital NO
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jackomagnus(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2018
mamaaustin:

So this evening, I just finished processing a pilot batch of my TME 419 garri. As a garri connoisseur and from the state known for the production of the best quality garri and......it was a success.

Please, I'd like to chat with you more on Garri processing. Could you please add me up on whatsapp? 08134899408

thanks
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by bizmania(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hi all, if you need hybrid watermelon seeds, contact me. I bought in excess of 200 cans for a big project. I'll sell cheaper. Location is Benin City. Pay on delivery is allowed to any location.
Thanks.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by eromosele1986: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
I need contact of Cassava Buyers my farm is at okada Exo state
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by whatalife: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by shaymano: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
pls note people greentech industries doesn't exist anymore pls avoid fraudsters, I went to check out the company on August 20th, they have been shut down by Court injunction or something
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by leonuch: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
Pls I need the book WhatsApp 09072770848 or email
leoucu@gmail.com thanks
soladel:

There is no cassava varieties that are not good for garri, we have a lot of varieties in iita, I have a book on that, close to 59 different improved varieties released for farmers, I can send anybody the book free of charge if you are interested. According to jethro, when you want to cultivate cassava, plant to the specification of the target processor. Regards.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Veemetrics: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
mamaaustin:

My dearest Jethro, I was not referring to you in my statement about some saying that TME 419 stem is not good for garri production. This was what I heard from locals offline and am sure some others may have heard from their interactions with local farmers.

It was even your post that clarified why garri processors don't go for TME 419 because of the quantity of garri that would be produced from such cassava. Since I didn't intend to sell to garri processors but rather do the processing to garri for wholesale myself, I have been able to cut out the middle man.

Fortunately I have also been able to link up with a company in my locality that is into starch production and ready to buy my entire harvest because it is TME 419.

Thanks once again and I hope this has clarified my previous post.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Veemetrics: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Can you share the contact details of the bulk buyer for your cassava. Looking for a bulk buyer for mine
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by oreadeng: 2:21am On Sep 26, 2018
I currently have this TME 419 breed of cassava for sale at Ogun state for a considerable price,you can contact on 08097646064, maize is also available for sale.
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by mamaaustin(f): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2018
Veemetrics:
Can you share the contact details of the bulk buyer for your cassava. Looking for a bulk buyer for mine
Drop your contacts
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by Adebisi444: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
am4truth:

Pls send the book to me: tolufunmie@yahoo.com
Pls, kindly forward the E-book to me when you get it. Thanks. Topesamson99@gmail.com
Re: Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety by jethro2: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2018
"This book is for you if ...
You have been having challenges in growing a profitable farm in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Price Of PALM OIL In Akwa Ibom State per keg. / Man Harvests 30kg Cassava In Ohaji Imo State / My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.