Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. (997 Views)

Cyber Cafes With thin Client Technology In Operation. / Are Webcams Available In Nigerian Cafes In Lagos ? / EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by tranxo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
A thought just occurred to me. With the rapid penetration of telephony and mobile computing in the world today, I am wondering about the role of cybercafes. Are they still waxing strong, or are their better days behind them?
How can you assess this sub-sector of the ICT world in terms of relevance, profitability, convenience, reliability etc., in relation to current global ICT trend?
Your thoughts are welcome.
Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yaa, to some extend, especially on campus zones or area......
Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by LordReed(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
As a standalone business I would doubt the profitability of a cyber cafe but combined with ancillary services it would be good. Most of the cyber cafes I have been to recently have not been very busy; the ones that were, were busy because people were doing other things other than just surfing the net.

1 Like

Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by tranxo(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
stardragon: Yaa, to some extend, especially on campus zones or area......
LordReed: As a standalone business I would doubt the profitability of a cyber cafe but combined with ancillary services it would be good. Most of the cyber cafes I have been to recently have not been very busy; the ones that were, were busy because people were doing other things other than just surfing the net.
You guys are right. The ones in campus areas seem to be worst hit.
What are the ancilliary businesses you noticed in these cafes?
Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by LordReed(m): 4:02am On Jul 11, 2014
tranxo:

You guys are right. The ones in campus areas seem to be worst hit.
What are the ancilliary businesses you noticed in these cafes?

Mostly business center stuff, printing, scan/photocpy, desktop publishing and so on. One even had PS3 gaming center.
Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by PrinceCEE(m): 6:37am On Jul 11, 2014
with d advancement in tech, cyber's re nw moribund cos all the internet activities that they offer can be done @ home at any moment. They now swerve to other activities such as photocopying, typesetting, printing et al
Re: Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. by adetwin(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hmm! What a story, but to me its packaging in the sense of different bizness ideals can be done in cyber cafes... Contact: Adetwin IT Concept Ent. for good consulting on how to run/set up a good cyber cafes. Mobile: 07082998588,07057140885

(1) (Reply)

Free Bowsing Oh! / Recommend A Laptop For A Programmer! / Simple Server A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.