Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,215 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:46 AM

Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil (36560 Views)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
1. The word "Brazil" is derived from "Pau Brasil" (Brazilwood) a tree that was once abundant across the coast and was used to produce a deep, red dye. Brasil means "red like an ember"

2. Brazil has the longest continous coastline in the world, about 7,491 km long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
3. Brazil is the fifth largest country by land mass in the world, it is the largest country in South America and the entire Latin America region. It is 8.45 million sq. Km.

4. It is the largest Portuguese-speaking (Lusophone) country in the world and the only Portuguese -speaking country in the Americas.

5. Over 60% of the Amazon, the worlds' largest river lies within Brazil.

3 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
6. 60% of the Amazon rainforest,the worlds largest rainforest, lies within Brazil.

6 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
7. 73% of Brazilians are Catholics and it has the largest population of Catholics in the world.

8. About 3.5 million slaves actually survived the crossing from Africa to Brazil over a period of about 300 years (1500's to 1800's) and their descendants still live in Brasil till today.

9. Football was brought to Brazil (Sao Paolo) by a young Brazilian-born Englishman, Charles Miller around the turn of the 20th century.

10. Brazil has the second highest number of airports in the world, about 4,000. It is second only to the U.S.A.

11. Brazil has the fifth largest population in the world at over 200 million people.

12. Brasilia, the capital, looks like an aeroplane from above.

13 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
13. The most popular surname in Brasil is Silva.

14. More than 2 million people in Brazil are of Japanese descent.

15. Salvador, in Brazil, is the biggest African city outside of Africa. About 82% of it's 3 million strong population traces their ancestory back to the black slaves from Africa.

16. Brazil is the only country to have won the FIFA World cup five times and the only country to have qualified for every World Cup editions.

17. Brazil has the third largest road network in the world.

18. It also has the second largest christian population in the world.

19. The country is 100% energy dependent. It acheived this wonderful feat in 2006.

20. The Monumental Axis is the widest road in the world. It can hold 160 cars side-by-side.

26 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
21. In 1967 during the Biafran War a 48-hour ceasefire was declared in Nigeria between the Federal troops and Biafran seccessionists so that they could watch the Brazilian football legend, Pele, play on a visit to Nigeria.

22. Prostitution is legal in Brazil.

http://globalthots..com/2014/07/facts-you-did-not-know-about-brazil.html?m=1

13 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Onlinebizexpert(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
most important fact

brazil lost to germany 7-1

186 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: most important fact

haha, your father's yansh.

19 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by ITbomb(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Impressive, especially about that energy independent, Petrobras is everything NNPC was supposed to be.

And the girls? I love their milky skin, not black not white, just natural smooth blend

18 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Krak: 21. In 1967 during the Biafran War a 48-hour ceasefire was declared in Nigeria between the Federal troops and Biafran seccessionists so that they could watch the Brazilian football legend, Pele, play on a visit to Nigeria.
are u kidding me. so two guys re seriously fighting and a fyn babe passes they con stop dey look the babe. one con say see ynash the other con smile say o boy im telling you. after the babe con go. they resume thier fight. 9ja is funny

57 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Krak(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
runzlord:
are u kidding me. so two guys re seriously fighting and a fyn babe passes they con stop dey look the babe. one con say see ynash the other con smile say o boy im telling you. after the babe con go. they resume thier fight. 9ja is funny

Its not restricted to Nigeria o. Strange things happen during war time all over the world.

15 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by 9jahubcom(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
i see
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by publicenemy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
23. In the 1980s Brazil and Nigeria were all considered developing nations.

Today brazil has developed from a developing nation to an economic and political world power,and the brazilians are protesting and asking for more ....but Nigeria has reversed and sped back at about 5000 miles per hour from a developing nation to an underdeveloped nation and Nigerians are ....

winkwinkwink

I love my Nigeria.

33 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Most Brazilian Prostitutes are Albinos.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by mrprestige(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
And so what na.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by kel4soft: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
We need to start stoning our leaders.

21 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
nice

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by swaystunna(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
I need a Brazilian chick. Pronto !!

4 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Am always on ftp these days...wonder Y?
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by 1stola: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
25. Brazil has the highest number of most beautiful women in the world. smiley
26. BRAZIL HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF GORIMAPKA (BALD) GIRLS IN THE WORLD BECAUSE, NIGERIAN GIRLS BUYS IT LIKE EVERY DAY TO DECEIVE US!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by KOMBE: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014

worst ever lost in a world cup.

4 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by nasonaso: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Na wa oh make I go do mote shl I wan work with abacha
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by pontirock(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
On point
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by mcdreeezy: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good to know
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by tempem: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
I know of Amazon river
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by parzdor(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
I know something abt Brazil, yea i know that Germany waya them on there on very soil 7-1
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by pontirock(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
RECENTLY OVERHYPED FUTBAL COUNTRY
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
I love BRASIL
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
I know Brazilian hair grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by tempem: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2014

Is this not obvious to all?
Lol. Was just saying oh!
Re: Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil by freshness2020: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Interesting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cows Spotted At Abuja International Airport (Pictures & Reactions) / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel / Work On New Lagos-Ibadan Railway Leads To Demolition Of Structures (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.