Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (118682 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Wiinnd(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
udz: Ok, no wahala, just pull off dat barca jersey make I see.
To know if she is well Boobilised, so dat u can make a Drilling rig at the Center. LOL.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by oneda(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
. . .It pays to master the sea trade. . .

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Givemejoy: Jesus has your heart, with the above statement, are you not cheating.
I'm keeping my heart with Jesus till I see Offshore guy to marry. #Pishikom tongue
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Adbash:

As it is neither included in all most the course of study of all engineering disciplines.
Dude u know nothing about engineering disciplines and d question wasn't directed to u. #olodo rabata#
hehehe , thats the more reason you shouldn't ask such questions. you check for what offshore activities involve and then build upon the skills required.... dont think anyone can get you a job without necessary skills on here . I responded because I hate to see dumbness!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=ratiken]Arrive helipad
Check in luggages
Take chopper induction
Board chopper and head to offshore location
Arrive location
Take offshore location induction
Sign in at the HLO's desk, get room assigned by Medic and collect Tee Card
Drop off Tee Card at Muster Station and retire to room
WELCOME ABOARD

Wake at 5am, take your bath and freshen up
Take breakfast before 6am
Join general morning meeting at 6am for 30mins
Get work permit approved by appropriate authority
Get to work site, participate in tool box meetings
Commence work and work till 9:30am and take a tea break
Continue working till 11:30am and break for lunch
Resume work at 12:30 and take tea break 2:30
Continue work till 5:45pm and close work permit
Go for dinner at 6pm
Go to the gym or play table tennis afterwards
Have some chats with folks, raise work permit for the next day and head to bed
REPEAT PROCESS FOR 14 DAYS

follow same embarkment process for disembarkment.

Thatz how the cookie crumbles. Could be fun as well as monotonous at some times.
SOUND'S EXXON LIKE
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Urine: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Hahahaha, dey are helping me to do you grin grin. Make I hustle now o, you know see as Kim kardashian take use her hand secure her destiny.

Lmao! Your head is there. grin

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
udz: Have to make up my mind by what i see Under.
Oga no showing under until u buy me diamond ring jor.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by udz: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Abeg comot dat glasses make i see.
Givemejoy: Jesus has your heart, with the above statement, are you not cheating.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by koolkamzzy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: bia, if I catch u... We are currently at anchor at the Guinea Gulf, no green light yet to come in.. You fit push ur barge come make i put you for trouble.... But come O, what are u doing in lome? Cos that's where she'll berth tmrw shocked shocked
Lol, okay take this as greenlight and proceed with full speed to Lagos FWB to embark pilot and proceed to berth.. cheesy
Forget my location, I'm currently ashore.. I'm more into the downstream operations, so I got infos on happenings within the Nigerian Port tongue
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Urine:

Lmao! Your head is there. grin
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by udz: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
I have diamondS , just show me.
Amusaopeyemi:
Oga no showing under until u buy me diamond ring jor.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
udz: I have diamondS , just show me.
See this guy wan do me wayo o. Carry ur diamond n be going. No show 4 u. tongue tongue grin
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
I'm keeping my heart with Jesus till I see Offshore guy to marry. #Pishikom tongue
sadly , offshore workers prefer smart ladies who can make a worthwhile life when they are off , so the money doesnt enter from only his end. you should ask yourself if you belong to this category.

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
koolkamzzy:
Lol, okay take this as greenlight and proceed with full speed to Lagos FWB to embark pilot and proceed to berth.. cheesy
Forget my location, I'm currently ashore.. I'm more into the downstream operations, so I got infos on happenings within the Nigerian Port tongue
BUNKERERS ALERT grin grin
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by cremeandchic: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
iiichidodo: Imagine an Ebola outbreak in the middle of nowhere offshore......Or a giant water squid invades a rig and picks off the workers one by one....digesting and drinking their bodily fluids....

Ur imagination though!

Funny but not funny.....

U guys have got an interesting and well paying albeit risky job.

May the almighty continue to guide and keep you all.

Cheers!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Lawalemi(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
upengineer: well,
I work on a FPSO in Gulf of Guinea. I am in operations. Ironically, I got the job through an advert I responded to here on Nairaland. Its been three years now flying "chopper" and I have never had any regret whatsoever. The environment is challenging and interesting. Sights of sharks and Dolphins is normal then migratory birds also visit once its their time to migrate. Weather is a low side of offshore particularly when you have dressed up ready to go home after staying away from home for 14days only to be told chopper wont come because of bad weather and you will have to put on your coverall again back to work. Its fun and interesting. Food is also another negative side. You have to wakeup and eat as early as 6:30am. If you are not use to eating early then there will be a problem. In all, no regret working offshore!

Like you work on Agbami...just guessing
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
oneda: FPSO? yes PP? no. Rarely have business on PPs. Did Maritime Transport and I feel more at home on sea than on land though very risky work. I like the FPSO on my dp. Its a sweet place to be. Don't ever feel sea sick or have not yet. As a marine transporter i get to spend more days than normal engineers. Going to sea is a lifetime opportunity.

. . .It pays to master the sea trade. . .
how do u expect to get sea sick in a giant vessel like that with a top notch stability, little or no roll... Its more like normal day life...
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ok,for d records I dnt wish to work offshore and I dnt need to ask for help on hw to work there frm U or any1 on NL,please dnt fink any1 is a gold-digger like U!
desdichando: i ttell u..instead of asking how dem fit work for there by boosting up her technocal knowhow and qualifications, na how to chop young bobos money be their own

Shey dey dnt knw that highly intelligent babes work in offshore ni?
Abeg guys try and tell the ladies about the brilliant ladies who work in the engineering aspects while on offshore..i hope it will enlighten some of the money suckers we got here shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by bank2k4real(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
ratiken: Arrive helipad
Check in luggages
Take chopper induction
Board chopper and head to offshore location
Arrive location
Take offshore location induction
Sign in at the HLO's desk, get room assigned by Medic and collect Tee Card
Drop off Tee Card at Muster Station and retire to room
WELCOME ABOARD

Wake at 5am, take your bath and freshen up
Take breakfast before 6am
Join general morning meeting at 6am for 30mins
Get work permit approved by appropriate authority
Get to work site, participate in tool box meetings
Commence work and work till 9:30am and take a tea break
Continue working till 11:30am and break for lunch
Resume work at 12:30 and take tea break 2:30
Continue work till 5:45pm and close work permit
Go for dinner at 6pm
Go to the gym or play table tennis afterwards
Have some chats with folks, raise work permit for the next day and head to bed
REPEAT PROCESS FOR 14 DAYS

follow same embarkment process for disembarkment.

Thatz how the cookie crumbles. Could be fun as well as monotonous at some times.

Wao this sounds Like where I was..nice one
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
tongue
Lawalemi:

Like you work on Agbami...just guessing

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by top10nigeria(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
The good thing about nairaland is you’ll never know me so I can write everything and not worry about my identity.
I work offshore and my Wife works offshore(Sub-sea Engineer). I work 2weeks tour while she works 4weeks tour.
The surest way of working offshore is to graduate first Class Engineering/Geo Sciences. My Wife had a first Class Chemical Engineering and Mine is Electronics. Production Oil companies won’t even invite you for Aptitude test if you do not have a 2-1 that is 4.0 and above. And now we have a lot of Nigerians with masters from UK, so its becoming harder for them to employ people with first degree. Now I am assuming you don’t have connections and your Parents are as broke as mine were when they were sending me to school. So that is one path to working offshore and I will call these people employed directly by the Oil companies as Level 1.
Another path is to be a Technical Non-Pro, eg. Cook, Secretary, medical, laundry, welder, painter, deck hands, etc… To make it easier, I will label this Level 2. Most of these people are on contract so they don’t get same level of compensation.
Eg. The average cook/laundry staff earns 840,000/yr
Average Technical Support eg. Pipe fitter/secretary/Welder etc will earn 4-8million a year
But the level 1 guys earn more.
Eg. Personally I earned a total remuneration of 32million last year and my wife Earned 23million last year. (I work for the majors while my Wife works for a Drilling Company – the majors(Exxonmobil / Total/ Shell / Chevron / Agip) always pay more than the drilling (Schlumberger / Transocean / Halliburton)
So the first thing I want those who want to work offshore to do is decide what type of job they want to do offshore. Do you want to be Level 1 or Level 2?
Personally, I have 15yrs of experience and I work in a production company so I am high paying. I don’t think there is anybody within my team including the 2year olds who earns a TR of less than 20million.
So I will encourage you guys to go back to your books and read them so hard.
For me the best part of working offshore is the 2weeks off. I will not transfer to the office for a 200% increase in wages and maybe its because I started working offshore when I was 18. Plus I work on measurement and control systems, so I don’t do any physical work like my folks in mechanical who have to work on pumps, so I am on the best job in the world right now. Also, the Time off allows me to spend time on my other endeavors and For me that is the best part of working offshore. Note: My Wife hates it, but because I am away half of the time, she is managing the job until she can go back to school for her masters.
I hope this adds a different perspective to the conversation.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
majekdom2: sadly , offshore workers prefer smart ladies who can make a worthwhile life when they are off , so the money doesnt enter from only his end. you should ask yourself if you belong to this category.
Me I don't know what is making you bitter about my comment o.

2 Likes

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
top10nigeria: The good thing about nairaland is you’ll never know me so I can write everything and not worry about my identity.
I work offshore and my Wife works offshore(Sub-sea Engineer). I work 2weeks tour while she works 4weeks tour.
The surest way of working offshore is to graduate first Class Engineering/Geo Sciences. My Wife had a first Class Chemical Engineering and Mine is Electronics. Production Oil companies won’t even invite you for Aptitude test if you do not have a 2-1 that is 4.0 and above. And now we have a lot of Nigerians with masters from UK, so its becoming harder for them to employ people with first degree. Now I am assuming you don’t have connections and your Parents are as broke as mine were when they were sending me to school. So that is one path to working offshore and I will call these people employed directly by the Oil companies as Level 1.
Another path is to be a Technical Non-Pro, eg. Cook, Secretary, medical, laundry, welder, painter, deck hands, etc… To make it easier, I will label this Level 2. Most of these people are on contract so they don’t get same level of compensation.
Average Technical Support eg. Pipe fitter/secretary/Welder etc will earn 4-8million a year
Eg. Personally I earned a total remuneration of 32million last year and my wife Earned 23million last year. (I work for the majors while my Wife works for a Drilling Company – the majors(Exxonmobil / Total/ Shell / Chevron / Agip) always pay more than the drilling (Schlumberger / Transocean / Halliburton)
So the first thing I want those who want to work offshore to do is decide what type of job they want to do offshore. Do you want to be Level 1 or Level 2?
Personally, I have 15yrs of experience and I work in a production company so I am high paying. I don’t think there is anybody within my team including the 2year olds who earns a TR of less than 20million.
For me the best part of working offshore is the 2weeks off. I will not transfer to the office for a 200% increase in wages and maybe its because I started working offshore when I was 18. Plus I work on measurement and control systems, so I don’t do any physical work like my folks in mechanical who have to work on pumps, so I am on the best job in the world right now. Also, the Time off allows me to spend time on my other endeavors and For me that is the best part of working offshore. Note: My Wife hates it, but because I am away half of the time, she is managing the job until she can go back to school for her masters.
Seriously?? Did you say 1st class? Yeepa.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by okzcorp: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lenzz:

Lol. Like Dave pointed out, your moniker is a contradition to your comment above. PiperAlpha was an offshore platform in Aberdeen Scotland where d worst oil rig disaster in history occurred, I think sometime in d fall of '89. I recall researching on it during oil pollution nd control class in my futo days.

Nice inputs all. @ocman, excellent nd articulate summary you put up there. That line 'one more night' got me thinking. Its an in-house joke I thought were only exclusive with folks I do shifts with. Nice to know we're not alone.

Oga mi I think we share same Uni. Will like to knw ya berra. Plz contact me on okzcorp@gmail.com.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
top10nigeria: The good thing about nairaland is you’ll never know me so I can write everything and not worry about my identity.
Eg. Personally I earned a total remuneration of[b] 32million last year[/b] and my wife Earned 23million last year. (I work for the majors while my Wife works for a Drilling Company – the majors(Exxonmobil / Total/ Shell / Chevron / Agip) always pay more than the drilling (Schlumberger / Transocean / Halliburton)
32 mill after 15 years! angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin Na why you go get plenty "personal message" from nwa baby them.....
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
For me the best part of working offshore is the 2weeks off. .
you certainly said it all, it's important to have a set target

5 Likes

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Me I don't know what is making you bitter about my comment o.
oh no..... am sweet honey , was only asking you if you would fit into the offshore world.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wiinnd: Their I.T exams is next week Sat.
have u been sent any invitation mail ?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Adbash: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
majekdom2: hehehe , thats the more reason you shouldn't ask such questions. you check for what offshore activities involve and then build upon the skills required.... dont think anyone can get you a job without necessary skills on here . I responded because I hate to see dumbness!

See as u are showing d dumbness of d highest order urself. Who is asking u to get him job on offshore. I just need firsthand clarification in that respect to enlightening some dudes like u who know nothing but claim to know it all. For ur info, I have a career prospect building already and offshore is not on the list.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by top10nigeria(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: you certainly said it all, it's important to have a set target of what you really want to do, maritime is a very challenging environment not for the faint hearted, if u can't read the u can't progress in it..
Like I said earlier, it requires both experience and knowledge to thrive.
For me am very young, in my late 20's and last year I bagged 17million just to support my captain to move his ship around...
I chose navigation despite starting off in the engineering dept but had to switch due to circumstances which am grateful for..
My time off is 2 weeks out, 4weeks in..
Cool huh?

Yeah...You guys that work 4weeks in and 2weeks off, are the real heroes. I interact with our support boat guys and some of them work 2months in and 1month off. That for me is hard.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by dustydee: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
top10nigeria:

Eg. Personally I earned a total remuneration of 32million

shocked 32 million for someone with 15 years of experience sounds small to me. I would have thought the majors pay better. if I may ask, are you a technician?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Infoay: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
One day I know say I go make una proud because Oluwa is involve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.