Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,715,718 members, 6,419,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 August 2021 at 12:09 PM

Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth (1048 Views)

Can One Ship A Car That Is Older Than 8 Years Through Nigerian Ports? / Car Vandalism In Nigerian Ports REAL Or MYTH / The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by tay0: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
This is the first time i'm using sallaum lines and suddenly in dbanjs voice the agent told me he inspected the car and the power window isnt there! whats ur experience please with sallaum lines.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
brand of car?
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
its so bad that if you don't trust your agent you would think he is the one removing it, have lost the power window switch in 2 different camry, 1999 and 2000 and also an Rx300 na that one pain me pass cos it cost 30k to replace.

even my 2002 rav 4 roof rack/carrier screw cover miss for port na 16k I take replace am. so power window na small thing. Kpele.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by tay0: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
emalekuo: brand of car?

03 matrix sir
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Same salleum lines...the AC control switch, AC blower fan and trasmitter radio were stolen. 2006 chevrolet express passenger van. Their shipping rates are low but they dont secure your vehicle in nigerian ports
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
its not a common theft item but its not impossible as you can see I listed mine, and believe me if others come here to narrate thiers you would be amazed. I feel may be there was demand for it hence it was stolen, with between 5k to 15k it could be replaced.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
That's the cover i talked about the 4 sides and the battery cover. It's really crazy.

Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
emalekuo: That's the cover i talked about the 4 sides and the battery cover. It's really crazy.

Looks exactly like my 03 Rav-4 grin. Same parts were stolen. How much did you replace the cover?

For 99-01 Camry, your power window will be stolen, for eod, your ac nub and power window is gone, for 02 - 06 camry your car radio is their target, for pathfinder, the cup-like alloy cover is gone, for any suv,the plastic cover on the roof-rack like the one shown below is gone. For any latest Car with smart key, consider it gone. The list is endless grin

No Shipping line is safe, Grimaldi isn't an exception
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by Eyop: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
calculusx:

Looks exactly like my 03 Rav-4 grin. Same parts were stolen. How much did you replace the cover?

For 99-01 Camry, your power window will be stolen, for eod, your ac nub and power window is gone, for 02 - 06 camry your car radio is their target, for pathfinder, the cup-like alloy cover is gone, for any suv,the plastic cover on the roof-rack like the one shown below is gone. For any latest Car with smart key, consider it gone. The list is endless grin

No Shipping line is safe, Grimaldi isn't an exception
Na wa oh with this your illustration so does it mean one cannot avoid this from happening?
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
the roof rack screw cover was gotten for 16k for the 4 while the battery cover cost me 8k all from ladipo, i shock when I hear price.

what did yours cost?
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Eyop:
Na wa oh with this your illustration so does it mean one cannot avoid this from happening?

Its almost unavoidable cos majority of the theft are either from cotonou or inside the vessel when offloading grin. It takes the grace of GOD for a Car not to be vandalized grin

The 2013 Lexus below was offloaded and safely parked in the Terminal but before agent will be through with the clearing process, the smart key is no where to be found and there was no sign the vehicle was fork-lifted from the vessel to the Terminal where it was well parked. Had to request for the spare key to be sent from yankee grin grin

Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by tay0: 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
You hustle and work and some **azy sons of **tches rip u off ur hard earn dough.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
emalekuo: the roof rack screw cover was gotten for 16k for the 4 while the battery cover cost me 8k all from ladipo, i shock when I hear price.
what did yours cost?

roof-rack cover was gotten for 15k but im yet to replace the battery cover. Whatever is stolen from any Car will cost nothing less than 10k.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
tay0:
03 matrix sir

The last time I shipped in a matrix,it cost me about 14k to replace the 2 power window control. Have you ever experience buying the same parts that was stolen form your Vehicle before? Its a story for another day grin grin
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by Eyop: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
calculusx:

Its almost unavoidable cos majority of the theft are either from cotonou or inside the vessel when offloading grin. It takes the grace of GOD for a Car not to be vandalized grin

The 2013 Lexus below was offloaded and safely parked in the Terminal but before agent will be through with the clearing process, the smart key is no where to be found and there was no sign the vehicle was fork-lifted from the vessel to the Terminal where it was well parked. Had to request for the spare key to be sent from yankee grin grin
This is terrible calculusx. I still believe there's a way to avoid this. May the BOL should reach the clearing agent before the car arrives the port to enable him commence his work immediately and secure the vehicle out immediately.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Eyop:
This is terrible calculusx. I still believe there's a way to avoid this. May the BOL should reach the clearing agent before the car arrives the port to enable him commence his work immediately and secure the vehicle out immediately.

lol grin I receive bols for all my cars 10days before vessel gets to Nigeria. There is little or nothing the agents can do to avoid theft cos all the vessels don't come to Nigeria directly. I spoke with Grimaldi about the missing smart key and was told to file a claim. Will I leave my Cars in port pending when the claim will be resolved? Bearing in mind you are been charged for storage till when your case is resolved This is Nigeria where no one is ready to listen to ur complaints
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2014
calculusx:

The last time I shipped in a matrix,it cost me about 14k to replace the 2 power window control. Have you ever experience buying the same parts that was stolen form your Vehicle before? Its a story for another day grin grin

please am interested in this particular story, its very possible cos you would be searching for a part that only one particular seller has.
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by calculusx(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2014
emalekuo:
please am interested in this particular story, its very possible cos you would be searching for a part that only one particular seller has.

A part (left front bumper padded) was stolen from my 4-Runner some years ago, you won't believe only 1 person had the part in the whole of ladipo and he insisted he is selling for 18k. Took a closer look @ d part,same color with mine,same pins missing from my bumper was on the missing part,i was surprised. Later got the part for $40 from america.
If you have 01-03 Infiniti QX4,the head-lamp and fog light alone will cost you more than #150k if stolen grin
Re: Car Vandalisim In Nigerian Ports Real Or Myth by emalekuo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
they knew you were coming for it. the guy suppose don chop the part by now.

(1) (Reply)

Carefully Used V6 2003 Toyota Camry Leather & Good Tyres 08168995190 / Toks 2012 Honda Accord (nav And Cam) / Super Clean Used Honda Crv 2008 @1.870m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.