Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Wearing Suit Under A Blazing Sun - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Suit Under A Blazing Sun (622 Views)

Photo Of The Sun Newspaper' Sun Girl' Model That's Got Everyone Talkng / Outrage As Ex-OAU Male Student Transforms To Woman - The SUN / Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wearing Suit Under A Blazing Sun by Welrez(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
How would anyone wear a suit under a fiery sun? When shall we learn? Do we mean to broil ourselves and sweat to death? The whiteman wears it because of his cold weather. Do we mean to appear fashionable or modern in suit? I don't get it. We should know that copying verbatim without any consideration for our hot weather does not show common sense. We should be wise enough to sieve the attire we copy from the west. Outfit should be copied in the context of weather and culture. I believe it is better to wear the African alternatives, especially during the dry season when the weather is usually hot. Clothes are meant to make us feel at ease; they should not make us feel uncomfortably sweaty. The only case when such a sartorial misdemeanour should be condoned is if it was required by our profession or places of work. It is not fashionable to put on clothes that make us sweat like the proverbial Christmas goat. Whatever cloth we put on should be weather-friendly so we can get the best of comfort. I feel angry whenever I see a man/woman in suit under a blazing sun. I feel we do ourselves a disservice by doing that. Our body needs air.
Fellow Nairalanders, what are your views on this? Is it a case of lack of fashion sense or an extension of the infamous disease called 'Colonial Mentality'?

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Get In Here... / Nigerian Maki Oh Heads To The White House Today As Michelle Obama Hosts Her / Kingsway Wristwatches..7e148300 Or 08051511231

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.