Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (33520 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 4:38am On Jul 11, 2014
It’s Saturday and despite a BUSY week, you’re up early again. You drag yourself out of bed and start facing chores. You make breakfast, your darling husband eats, leaves his dishes on the table and moves to the Living room to enjoy T.V (despite the fact that the living room needs some cleaning up). Your kids are very young and can’t help much with chores. You’re exhausted and tensed, yet all the clutter stares you in the face. But what riles you the most? Of course! It’s the sight of your sweetheart concentrated on the TV, totally unconcerned about your running here and there!

MARRIAGE TIPS NOBODY TELLS US…

Unfortunately, the scene described above is quite common in these parts. What to do? Consider these tips:

What-to-do-when-husband-won't-help-around-house-mamagidi

TALK to him about it. Try to communicate your feelings without sounding confrontational.
THE few occasions on which he offers to help, accept it (even if you don’t really need his help at the time).
WHEN he helps out, give him a treat. It doesn’t have to involve spending money. Just make sure it communicates your thoughtfulness and appreciation. Knowledge of your husband’s turn-ons should come in handy here.
4 IMPORTANT REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD GET HELP

ACCEPT the fact that he may NEVER be as concerned as you are about housekeeping.
DON’T be a boss-lady. It’s a complete turn-off for most men!
IF he doesn’t do something to your satisfaction, don’t adjust it immediately in his presence. You know how you used to feel back then when mum came into the kitchen and threw all the dishes you just washed back in the sink.
YOUR TEENAGER AND CHORES

KNOW when to ask for help. You definitely don’t want to ask him to help with the trash can while he’s boiling- or worse, hungry!
FINALLY, and very importantly, if you know where patience is sold, don’t hesitate to use up your bank accounts on it. BUY IN BULK!
Hope you find these tips helpful. If you know of any other tips that can get our husbands off their seats and helping around the house, please feel free to share!
http://www.mamagidi.com/husband-wont-help-house-chores/

14 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Kanwulia: 4:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

23 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 4:49am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

well....not incase of every family...chores pass chores...you should know oooooooo grin shocked grin

8 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Burger01(m): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Husband wey dey hustle and dey bring money for food to come dey sweep floors and wash dishes for house, abi? Women and their unending wahala. God! Why did You give us women grin

Btw, men should always try to give a hand or two in house chores. Not a compulsory obligation though. Better still men could employ the service of house helps when needed.. Women. Smh.

11 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 5:06am On Jul 11, 2014
Burger01: Husband wey dey hustle and dey bring money for food to come dey sweep floors and wash dishes for house, abi? Women and their unending wahala. God! Why did You give us women grin

Btw, men should always try to give a hand or two in house chores. Not a compulsory obligation though. Better still men could employ the service of house helps when needed.. Women. Smh.

Your first paragraph dey make meeee laugh so teee... grin grin grin shocked shocked grin grin...in our world today some women now hustle pass men even for secular world...am I right?

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by walad4yhu(m): 5:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Plz someone should help n suggest a caption/phrase to use on a graduation polo/tshirts... The department Health Education.

Wat I av in mind is:
"Proud Health Education Graduate"

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 5:14am On Jul 11, 2014
walad4yhu: Plz someone should help n suggest a caption/phrase to use on a graduation polo/tshirts... The department Health Education.

Wat I av in mind is:

Well to get better help and avoid distraction to the ongoing discussion....... I don waka create a post to solicit for help on your behalf for health section....If bad-bele people no make moderators them delete the thread ooo...you will surely get ideas usable in less than 24 hours...I trust Nairalanders..... check it out now at https://www.nairaland.com/1808036/nairalander-needs-suggest-caption-phrase grin grin shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 11, 2014
if he doesn't want to help me,,, I will do it myself

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 5:26am On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: if he doesn't want to help me,,, I will do it myself
DIY method could be too stressful especially when the children are till young to help......I think grin shocked grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:
DIY method could be too stressful especially when the children are till young to help......I think grin shocked grin
story ,,that's only when you are a lazy azz

let's assume the husband lives in another state entirely so she will wait for him to come back abii?

11 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 5:36am On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: story ,,that's only when you are a lazy azz

let's assume the husband lives in another state entirely so she will wait for him to come back abii?

hmmm...got you better this time.....but when he is not around..... I think the chores will reduce since all the woman cares for is the children (if any yet) and herself..... grin shocked grin

16 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:

hmmm...got you better this time.....but when he is not around..... I think the chores will reduce since all the woman cares for is the children (if any yet) and herself..... grin shocked grin
Lol its still the same thing, No difference
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Kanwulia: 5:43am On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:

well....not incase of every family...chores pass chores...you should know oooooooo grin shocked grin

Name one chore wey pass chore!
Only a matter of choice.
Abi man dey carry belle? wink

Make man push pickin from im blokos na abi? grin

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 6:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

Name one chore wey pass chore!
Only a matter of choice.
Abi man dey carry belle? wink

Make man push pickin from im blokos na abi? grin

funnnnnnnnnnny pass oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:

So you're saying its the man that creates all the mess in the home. As for me I would try to assist But she should know it's her duty to do the chores.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Talkcentral: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
okkk
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 6:20am On Jul 11, 2014
Right now,i do all house chores without help from anybody,and i'm working. I find it difficult to beg too. If i ask u nicely for something and u refuse.i might ask u a second time if i really love u. But there will never be a third time.
I'll simply do the best i can to tidy up and do other chores. The one wey i no fit do,i leave am jejely. If it becomes too much for me to handle,i'll consider a male house help. Female help is out of bound in my home...lol!

8 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2014
teeo:

So you're saying its the man that creates all the mess in the home. As for me I would try to assist But she should know it's her duty to do the chores.

ahhhh...while should i say that...Am a MAN....we no dey create wahala ooooo...... just checking to understand and help others better.

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Smartsyn(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2014
ajuju.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blackchampion(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Mek i read through 1st

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: Lol its still the same thing, No difference

You sound married
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Blackchampion: Mek i read through 1st

better....
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by aieromon(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Its a privilege(not a right) for the man to assist in house chores. Don't murder me, I just woke up and didn't find any good thread to comment on angry
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi: Right now,i do all house chores without help from anybody,and i'm working. I find it difficult to beg too. If i ask u nicely for something and u refuse.i might ask u a second time if i really love u. But there will never be a third time.
I'll simply do the best i can to tidy up and do other chores. The one wey i no fit do,i leave am jejely. If it becomes too much for me to handle,i'll consider a male house help. Female help is out of bound in my home...lol!

Lailai na female house help oh!....about 19-24 years old.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by James27: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2014
Kiss him.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by lilmax(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2014
Some lazy women go die on top this matter today just watch

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by xtervaganza(m): 6:32am On Jul 11, 2014
walad4yhu: Plz someone should help n suggest a caption/phrase to use on a graduation polo/tshirts... The department Health Education.

Wat I av in mind is:
why not put......

“go f*ck yourselves, I've got cure for AIDS

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2014
smartchoice:

Lailai na female house help oh!....about 19-24 years old.
Back to sender! Loool.
I did not grow up around a househelp. The stories i hear about them has sent shivers down my spine. My cousin's story is a reminder of what can happen to your home,despite ur good intentions.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by kibo: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2014
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

Can you say this to your father ?

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
lilmax: Some lazy women go die on top this matter today just watch

eye opened oooooooooo grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blackchampion(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!
Why re u bringing ur marital quarrel to d outside. Say ur hubby no d important no mean say oda men no d too. Abegiiiii.....

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / How Many Of You Did This During Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.