Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back (2772 Views)

Slant Back Vs Straight Back GSD... / Long Haired Male GSD Needed / Im Out And Ready To Buy A Straight Back GSD Pup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2014
I need a pure smart gsd puppy (7 months to 2 years). Please it must be pure breed. Must be straight back. purpose is basically for home protection. drop pix, contact and comments on thread. Ready for immediate pick up on monday in Lagos.

thanks
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
I have a 4months old male black malinois for sale very good similar to a gsd at a good price... Pls contact Mide 08136301957 lagos
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
That's it

1 Like

Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks mode. I want a mixed colour.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
No problem.... But I have a 1month and 1week old male available
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Black and tan
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Edroom: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
one is available, a gsd add 07039301831 on whatsapp
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by oluomoadebayo: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2014
Jcob: I need a pure smart gsd puppy (4 to 7 months old). Please it must be pure breed. can someone also recommend if I should go for the slant or straight back? purpose is basically for home protection. drop pix, contact and comments on thread. Ready for immediate pick up on monday in Lagos.

thanks

Get the malinois if you want real protection dog, just be sure it is pure or have 70% mal in him.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 3:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Ed room. Post pix here.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Seun(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2014
sojiwee: I have a 4months old male black malinois for sale very good similar to a gsd at a good price... Pls contact Mide 08136301957 lagos
oluomoadebayo: Get the malinois if you want real protection dog, just be sure it is pure or have 70% mal in him.
Malinios are awesome (I hope to get one someday) but not recommended for a first time dog owner, according to this guy.

Jcob: I need a pure smart gsd puppy (4 to 7 months old). Please it must be pure breed. can someone also recommend if I should go for the slant or straight back? purpose is basically for home protection. drop pix, contact and comments on thread. Ready for immediate pick up on monday in Lagos. thanks
If you need a guard dog, you should buy an adult dog that has already been known to be a good guard dog. Many Nigerians have bought puppies expecting them to be good for security only for the puppy to grow up and have no interest in barking at or protecting anyone. Many have bought puppies that look pure only for the puppies to grow up to look very different from the breed that they thought they bought. Also, even a puppy with security tendencies won't provide you with any security until it reaches a certain age and size. Another issue is that puppies require more training than adult dogs. They require obedience training, socialization, potty training, etc, otherwise they might grow up to be bad.

An adult dog is a known quantity. If he is a good security dog with the current owner, he will be a good security dog for you after just a few days or weeks. I bought my dog a few weeks ago. He is 2 (or 3) years old. The owner told me that he is very security-conscious at night, and I've found this to be the case, as he started barking the first night that we got him. Within the last few weeks, he's gotten to a whole new level.

People avoid adult dogs because they think it will be hard to get the dogs used to them, but it's actually not that hard. The main problem you'll face is that the dog won't trust you initially. When I first got my dog, I got two warning bites (painful but with no blood) twice within the first few days. The first time was when I served him some food and then I put my hand into the food to check whether it was the right temperature. I got bitten because he didn't trust me not to steal the food from him. The second was when I tried to take a tennis ball from his mouth after throwing it for him to fetch. Please don't do such things until you're sure that the dog trusts you completely, and be careful even so.

The solution to the problem of trust is to make it clear to the dog that you are the source of all good things in the dog's life, and only good things. Good things include food, freedom, and play. Food is the most important one. A dog does not understand that there is a breadwinner who pays for his food. He only recognizes the person who serves the food to him. So don't delegate this important task. Do it yourself. Make sure you're the one who releases him from his cage to play. Buy some lawn tennis balls and play fetch with the dog. Buy some quality food like raw chicken lap and give it to the dog. They love this. Walk your dog regularly if you have the chance and especially if you live in an estate.

Also, you should never beat or punish your dog. Punishment erodes trust and brings out the bad side in your dog. Good security dogs have aggressive and dominant tendencies. If you mistreat them, they may fight back. So you should train them with rewards 99% of the time.

So buy an adult dog that has already demonstrated guarding instincts, train him with positivity and love, and you'll be enjoying the security benefits within days or weeks instead of months or years as with a puppy. Also, try to get a confident dog that doesn't bark out of fear.

Also, you should avoid slant back dogs (it's not healthy) but the problem with GSDs in Nigeria is that most of the pure GSDs on sale are slant-back because the slant trait is recessive. If you cross a slant back with a local dog, all the offspring will be straight back. So a slant back is almost guaranteed to be pure. So in order to get a pure GSD while avoiding slant backs, you should go for an adult dog or mature puppy.

PS: My dog is not a pure GSD btw. Purity is more important for puppies cos it enables you to predict their future appearance and behaviour. If you buy an adult dog, you already know what he looks like and how he behaves, so all that matters is whether you like him as he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2014
Thanks Seun. What age should I look at so I can change the title of the post? This won't be my first dog as I have owned over 10 local/crossed dogs. Gsd all the way!
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Seun(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Jcob: Thanks Seun. What age should I look at so I can change the title of the post? This won't be my first dog as I have owned over 10 local/crossed dogs. Gsd all the way!
I'm sorry for assuming that you're a new dog owner. You've owned more dogs than I have, so you should be the one giving advice!

I think you should just broaden the age range, since you're experienced and want a pure GSD. 4 months to maybe 2 years. For younger puppies, it's very important to check both parents to ascertain that they are pure and are good security dogs. For older dogs, the dog's own behavior is what needs to be ascertained, as well as the reason why the current owner wants to sell it. In my case the previous owner, a part-time breeder, was moving to a different state to start a new career, so he decided to sell all his dogs. Be wary if the reason given isn't convincing.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 9:36am On Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful advice Seun.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Zammy123(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Is it applicable to rottweiler??:-O coz i wanna get a male to my 7 months old female rottweiler...should i get an adult male or not?
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by alakara(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
I think getting a young puppy btw 7 months and 1 year is suitable. So as to be able to socialize the dog and before u buy insist on seeing the parents so as 2 know what your dog will look like when it grows up. Pls do the needful when u want to buy and buy from good breeders.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
Thanks alakara
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Zammy123(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tenkz!
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by sherozy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Gooday everyone nice comments in da room, im actually looking foward to gettin a dog for myself stil do not knw the exact that dog dat will suite me for security purpose and for less aggressive. Need comments pls realy urgent
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by alakara(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bros, evrything depends on what u want.since u want a guard dog, u can take from GSD,rott, Boerboel, pitbull, mastiff, and co. Aggressiveness depends on how u train ur dog. And pls see wat I post earlier and read it.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2014
Still in need of the gsd!
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by oluomoadebayo: 10:36am On Jul 17, 2014
Jcob: Still in need of the gsd!
Do you care for importation?

1 Like

Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
@oluomoadebayo how much?
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
I have a male gsd for sale. he's 5 months old, barks only at strangers and knows basic commands like sit, sit stay, come etc. I live in a flat and I wanna sell him because we just found out that my neighbor has a dog allergy.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect: I have a male gsd for sale. he's 5 months old, barks only at strangers and knows basic commands like sit, sit stay, come etc. I live in a flat and I wanna sell him because we just found out that my neighbor has a dog allergy.

Please upload pictures. . ., and your contact details. If every is fine, will pick up on monday.
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by solara: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jcob: I need a pure smart gsd puppy (7 months to 2 years). Please it must be pure breed. Must be straight back. purpose is basically for home protection. drop pix, contact and comments on thread. Ready for immediate pick up on monday in Lagos.

thanks

Sorry to ask bro but whats the difference between the slant and straight in terms of temperament undecided ...
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2014
solara:
Sorry to ask bro but whats the difference between the slant and straight in terms of temperament undecided ...

temperament is based on how you train your dog and prolly the lineage. It has nothing to do with the body structure.

2 Likes

Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by solara: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jcob:

temperament is based on how you train your dog and prolly the lineage. It has nothing to do with the body structure.

I asked because U specified that it must be straight back... Thanks for the lecture smiley
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by oluomoadebayo: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jcob: @oluomoadebayo how much?

Depends on what you need,puppy or adult, working line or show quality? Get back to me for more details.

1 Like

Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by Jcob(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
5 months working gsd
Re: Pure Gsd Needed 7 months - 2 years straight back by oluomoadebayo: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jcob: 5 months working gsd
Could you just mail me at oluomoadebayo@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Animal? / Three Weeks Old Boar Bull Puppy Dogs For Sale @ Give Away Price / Pure And Adorable Male and female Chowchow Pups Ready For New Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.