Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. (10384 Views)

Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 / Net Worth Of Nigeria's Top 5 Rappers / Lyricists Trial: Vote Oldsync Or Alexpissu To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by RapDevil: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nairaland's rap section is a dungeon of lyrical warfare and creativity. As an avid observer in the last 8 months I felt it is essential to pick out the best 5 lyrical monsters on the forum. My criteria centred on achievement, consistency, impact, quality of the opponent, battle frequency and skills.

The task was not easy but here goes the top 5 lyrical wizards of Nairaland in my own opinion.

5) ThePrekky

Ever since his emergence in 2012, ThePrekky has become a very consistent rapper. During that time, he has stayed relevant and he took some heavyweights on his way to the top. Granted, ThePrekky lost against Ibime. But at his best, ThePrekky is an entertaining, lively and captivating textcee whose freestyling abilities are full of heavy bars, humour, punches and conviction.

4) DBR

DBR is the type of textcee who could easily be number one if he was more active. He has faced tough opponents and he has dropped classics after classics. More than anything, his style of rapping is very unique and highly technical. There have been whispers he has hung pen and pad. The battle rap community hopes he bounces back from his retirement.

3) Siddoggg

You would be making a big mistake for thinking Siddoggg is a newcomer in this battling terrain. He entered the fray as far back as 2012. His last performance against Mikuz in the Brutal Combat Series got him a huge respect from every quarter - like the emergence of a new star, a textcee who could rap circles around his competitors. Yes, his verses seldom lack structure but he has improved a great deal since the early days. Over the past year, it’s very plausible that no textcee stock has surged as much as Siddoggg. He's unfuckwithable!

2) Ibime

Ibime is the most influential battle rapper on Nairaland. His DNA is all over the present day battle culture in this forum. I have studied his lyrics over the past few weeks and he always brings deadly material to the table. In some respect, a string of unfortunate events kept Ibime from the top spot. He suffered very few losses in the last 12 months. Either way, one can expect him to bounce back and claim his spot before 2014 wounds up.

1) Coogar

The trajectory of Coogar's career has a very bizarre perspective. He came from nowhere, started the year taking shots at DBR/Ibime and just recently, he defeated Mikuz in one of the biggest matchups of 2014. Love him or hate him, That is a murderer’s row of battle talent. Coogar is different as he doesn’t dilute his stature with weak matchups. For that, he deserves credit.

He has proven he’s one of Nairaland's most versatile battlers, capable of switching between hilarious content and vicious bars with ease, all while taking a very direct aim at his opponents. ever disappointed. Coogar's pen game is the best on NL in the last 7 months, imbued with solid pop culture references and street-savvy lyricism, and delivered with his trademark comedic expressions.

20 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ggrin(f): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by adekennis(m): 11:36am On Jul 12, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
grin
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by buoye1(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ammyluv2002(f): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
I don't understand

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by rattlesnake(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
wtf
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Relevant topics still dey ground o, I wonder d basis 4 wich a topic becomes a front page item

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by nikkypearl(f): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
angry
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
@ OP No surprise day al of dem nah "STAMMERER" for real life o. grin

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by tosingcfr(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Thumbs up
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Inioluwa01(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ejiboy1(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Interesting undecided
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by NaLaugh: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2014
prettyboi1989: Relevant topics still dey ground o, I wonder d basis 4 wich a topic becomes a front page item

Diversity of ideas.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2014
Booked*live dat moniker "coogar"
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by olafunny(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2014
I suppose b number 1. angry checkout my lyrics. Yo yo yo, I wnt to drink kunu, I cn dy c fufu, dem dy call me mumu, bt I dn dy drink nunu, yo yo yo cheesy cheesy
grin

grin grin grin grin
Vote 4 me by liking my post

54 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by OgologoDimkpa: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2014
undecided
For your mind erh! @ OP
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by justi4jesu(f): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2014
undecided
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2014
Mtchew!
Last Bullet

Lubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2014
Who be this one?
Dat means ur not even top 30 becos we dont no u
but i agree with ur list
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ebullientV(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2014
ammyluv2002: I don't understand
Come sit by my side, lemme explain.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2014
Where did all these mumu above me come from. Must you understand everything. Some folks love rap battles and the thread is for them, if you don't understand jump and pass. Must every thread be about Tecno or Tonto Dike.

Coogar rocks I must say

15 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by DJEhimond(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
How come I don't know any of them?

#iTooKnowMusic.com
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by safarigirl(f): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Oh, so dem don push una come FP by force after living in relegation? Issorait grin

S/out to all the textcees. I almost murdered Siddogg one time sha grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by fattbabakay(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
D List is trash...Ma n!gga guykhena suppose dey dia!

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Bootybuttchic: Booked*live dat moniker "coogar"

u no d guy?

Btw all of una wey dis topic pain una fit go die!

SAW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Rap War / Freestyle Lyrical Assembling Thread / Darkrebel's Ban From The Rap Battle Section On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.