Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. - Rap Battles (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. (10380 Views)

Top 5 Nairaland Rap Lyricists 2014/2015 / Net Worth Of Nigeria's Top 5 Rappers / Lyricists Trial: Vote Oldsync Or Alexpissu To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by safarigirl(f): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
1Dray:

Yup, they might have beaten a couple times but I think you are good. Your lines are do.pe, especially for lady.
appreciate it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by 1Dray(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
experimentist: Who the bleeps coogar? When I'm eating rappers like tuwo da miya kuka
I play dem like snooker, on the mic you just an onlooker
Yo mr OP, you don't knw how the flow be
I got the best show G, I blow trees
My heat blows the mic when I come closely
Oh please, don't make me have ya nose bleed
I got more punch lines than Nigerian police
You got nothing to show me
All these wack rappers on Nairaland don't even know me
Can't control me, so I sit back and roll weed cry
Lol... Now this is really funny.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by fattbabakay(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
1Dray:

I ain't teasing her anything, she's good. Go search for her lyrics.
hu geh tym?
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by kcool2(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
...I dont rap,i no go lie but one thing i do know is,ibeme is better than cougar..............and i also think rapdevil is coogar lol......saucer isnt coogar though;at least i think he isnt.............LONG LIVE HIPHOP,LONG LIVE THE KCOOL2 DYNASTY.....ps:thunder fire future for calling his rnb hiphop....GODBLESS

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by coogar: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
kcool2: ...I dont rap,i no go lie but one thing i do know is,ibeme is better than cougar..............and i also think rapdevil is coogar lol......saucer isnt coogar though;at least i think he isnt.............LONG LIVE HIPHOP,LONG LIVE THE KCOOL2 DYNASTY.....ps:thunder fire future for calling his rnb hiphop....GODBLESS

reckless accusation!
kcool2 - a rivers state boy that also thinks another rivers state boy is the best. what a coincidence! naija people, politics & tribalism must enter everything they do.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by LooNat11kk: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lmao this coogar just cant stop blowing his own horn, common we all know the person who created that list is ur ghost account, for ur info siddog and you shouldnt be on that list, where is streetwise? H.j? Sauron? Mailmac? Smfh -_-

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by coogar: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
LooNat11kk: Lmao this coogar just cant stop blowing his own horn, common we all know the person who created that list is ur ghost account, for ur info siddog and you shouldnt be on that list, where is streetwise? H.j? Sauron? Mailmac? Smfh -_-

when prïcks don't have things to say, they resort to reckless allegations. i'd rather use my spare time to pen bars that will destroy your ilk than create threads. i know you are salty because the OP didn't consider you good enough!

#saltyniggaz

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by kcool2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

reckless accusation!
kcool2 - a rivers state boy that also thinks another rivers state boy is the best. what a coincidence! naija people, politics & tribalism must enter everything they do.
dude,look.........i aint saying you arent good nd shii but metaphors drive me insane nd ibeme is 'metamorphorically grounded' lol nd kind of easier to read lol(disclaimer:at no point did i claim to be a raphead i just love hiphop dazall).........ps:im not a rivers boy nd u spit good too

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Odunharry(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar..
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by PaulThor: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
lolzz.... I didnt see mikuz Guess he only was nominated... Never made da top 5........
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by fuckyouhard: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
kim can never be in top 5 if u know the history of nl battle rappers. i considered puttin him in n0 6 just for his relevance on ffr
airmark and dj5naira are even better than him. forget the battle records, i saw them. kim was usin his mod advantage to win votes

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by coogar: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
kcool2: dude,look.........i aint saying you arent good nd shii but metaphors drive me insane nd ibeme is 'metamorphorically grounded' lol nd kind of easier to read lol(disclaimer:at no point did i claim to be a raphead i just love hiphop dazall).........ps:im not a rivers boy nd u spit good too

your preference is actually not my concern. however, accusing me recklessly that i am the OP is a false allegation. you could have made your comment without being a false witness. the OP isn't official, he named his top 5 in his own opinion.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by tonybrownz(m): 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ahh...Niggas getin wasted doZ who ought to hv lasted comin wit dem oily lips claiming dey hv fasted tel me hw d demons in ya'al can b casted wen u knw u haters own all lasted....... ahhh diggin ma own gold cant call me gold digger...d chains on ma neck all gold nigga...diff btwn me nd u iz am a go getter.. .praah
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by lyricalz: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
If dia is no lyricalz, den dis thread must b closed.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
COUGER IS A BEAST! HE DESERVE THAT SPOT! #respect

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Ibime(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Who pushed thís to front page?

Any list without Thunderstorm, Mikuz, Loonatik, Ema Prince and currently Krone is false.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Tiyazman(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ibime: Who pushed thís to front page?

Any list without Thunderstorm, Mikuz, Loonatik, Ema Prince and currently Krone is false.
Don't be deceived, Kr0ne is 04ka
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2014
ammyluv2002: I don't understand

Nah how much dem win ?

That's what we understand...
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 13, 2014
olafunny: I suppose b number 1. angry checkout my lyrics. Yo yo yo, I wnt to drink kunu, I cn dy c fufu, dem dy call me mumu, bt I dn dy drink nunu, yo yo yo cheesy cheesy
grin

grin grin grin grin
Vote 4 me by liking my post

You are the best grin
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by olafunny(m): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2014
IAMBREEZY: Lol...fool what's all this gibberish
naxo olamide start o grin grin
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by olafunny(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2014
okparaugo:

You are the best grin
tnx jare, na u sabi real rapper grin grin
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by rayopt(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
[size=19pt]bullshit[/size]

whu dafuq z @op rapdevil?

i fink vhiz z just anoda coogar prank to dethrone ibime. . .smh sha for makin FP

[size=25pt]#JustSayinTho[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
I rarely visit this section. Whenever I do, I can't help but appreciate the dept of these two martians, Ibime and Mikuz. For me, the rest follow.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by An0nimus: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Reyginus: I rarely visit this section. Whenever I do, I can't help but appreciate the dept of these two martians, Ibime and Mikuz. For me, the rest follow.

Ibime is on a whole different level. I'll have to check out Mikuz and Coogar to conclude.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ayobase(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
RapDevil: Nairaland's rap section is a dungeon of lyrical warfare and creativity. As an avid observer in the last 8 months I felt it is essential to pick out the best 5 lyrical monsters on the forum. My criteria centred on achievement, consistency, impact, quality of the opponent, battle frequency and skills.

The task was not easy but here goes the top 5 lyrical wizards of Nairaland in my own opinion.

5) ThePrekky

Ever since his emergence in 2012, ThePrekky has become a very consistent rapper. During that time, he has stayed relevant and he took some heavyweights on his way to the top. Granted, ThePrekky lost against Ibime. But at his best, ThePrekky is an entertaining, lively and captivating textcee whose freestyling abilities are full of heavy bars, humour, punches and conviction.

4) DBR

DBR is the type of textcee who could easily be number one if he was more active. He has faced tough opponents and he has dropped classics after classics. More than anything, his style of rapping is very unique and highly technical. There have been whispers he has hung pen and pad. The battle rap community hopes he bounces back from his retirement.

3) Siddoggg

You would be making a big mistake for thinking Siddoggg is a newcomer in this battling terrain. He entered the fray as far back as 2012. His last performance against Mikuz in the Brutal Combat Series got him a huge respect from every quarter - like the emergence of a new star, a textcee who could rap circles around his competitors. Yes, his verses seldom lack structure but he has improved a great deal since the early days. Over the past year, it’s very plausible that no textcee stock has surged as much as Siddoggg. He's unfuckwithable!

2) Ibime

Ibime is the most influential battle rapper on Nairaland. His DNA is all over the present day battle culture in this forum. I have studied his lyrics over the past few weeks and he always brings deadly material to the table. In some respect, a string of unfortunate events kept Ibime from the top spot. He suffered very few losses in the last 12 months. Either way, one can expect him to bounce back and claim his spot before 2014 wounds up.

1) Coogar

The trajectory of Coogar's career has a very bizarre perspective. He came from nowhere, started the year taking shots at DBR/Ibime and just recently, he defeated Mikuz in one of the biggest matchups of 2014. Love him or hate him, That is a murderer’s row of battle talent. Coogar is different as he doesn’t dilute his stature with weak matchups. For that, he deserves credit.

He has proven he’s one of Nairaland's most versatile battlers, capable of switching between hilarious content and vicious bars with ease, all while taking a very direct aim at his opponents. ever disappointed. Coogar's pen game is the best on NL in the last 7 months, imbued with solid pop culture references and street-savvy lyricism, and delivered with his trademark comedic expressions.

I must have been dulling on nl.
na only coogar I sabi among all
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Emaprince: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaha...
I cantt believve cooger created a new account to do this..smh..
Na wa o!...do you have to be this childish .....

To provve to everybody that cooger is a b1tch..I call him out for a battle right on this thread and the battle will be held today..

For y'all information....
Cooger is not one of us!!!...he's just the comedian who makes us laugh withh his comments whenever he's argueing with someone..

And who put siddogg there?..what have siddogg done on ffr eversince he became a member here?..well,I'm not surprised since this is the work of cooger who have been hyping siddogg recently just to make mikuz feel jealous..

A genuine list should have peole like thunder,krone,loonattiik,mikuz also in it..maybe stretched to top ten...from the olds,dbr and streetwize are worth being there..

As for cooger,we all know you are sauron who was poppular for biting lines,creating mutiple I.Ds and blowing your own horns..

Rapdevils?...rapdevils my foot...

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
An0nimus:

Ibime is on a whole different level. I'll have to check out Mikuz and Coogar to conclude.
Lol. Conclude? I already did. Lol. I will have to shut up to tempt no Pitbull.
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
Damn grin grin
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by kr0ne(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Tiyazman: Don't be deceived, Kr0ne is 04ka
This may be the last time I'd quote you. Stop mentioning my name in vain, we're not mates . . .and can never be
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ckushy(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2014
eh!
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by ckushy(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2014
who is this phony rapdevil?
Re: Top 5 Lyricists Of Nairaland. by kr0ne(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2014
Theprekky and Siddoggg shouldn't be on this list. They're dopeheads, I concur, but they're not regular. And who dey put Bis for 2nd? grin grin
He should be first and second, smh. I don't see anyone closer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Rap War / Freestyle Lyrical Assembling Thread / Darkrebel's Ban From The Rap Battle Section On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.