Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? (957 Views)

Before We Insult/criticize/ridicule / Let's Pray For Our Leaders And Not Insult Them In 2013 / Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by yim(f): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
For about five years I have been a member of this esteemed community of Nigerians. But one thing has kept me baffled: why must we always tribalise or insult people?
Every thread either turns to insult or tribal quarrel. Sometime last week, thread was opened on Cowbell Mathematics competition and rather congratulate the pupils and wish them well, some people were raising tribal concerns and even alledging fraud.
From there insults started. This isn't the first or the last. It is just an example
It is really sad as we ought to be the wind of change and let our thoughts be pure.
To the pure all things are pure.
It is a step forward to a better Nigeria
It is a bad trend we need to curb. SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by bizzlemie(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
For instance, someone will soon insult you, or tribalise this thread grin

It's a trend that cannot be stopped my dear, it's that bad. NL is a forum of different kinds of people

You just have to live with it, i'm afraid cry
Re: Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:42am On Jul 12, 2014
yim: For about five years I have been a member of this esteemed community of Nigerians. But one thing has kept me baffled: why must we always tribalise or insult people?
Every thread either turns to insult or tribal quarrel. Sometime last week, thread was opened on Cowbell Mathematics competition and rather congratulate the pupils and wish them well, some people were raising tribal concerns and even alledging fraud.
From there insults started. This isn't the first or the last. It is just an example
It is really sad as we ought to be the wind of change and let our thoughts be pure.
Tribalism is a bad thing.
On this forum, it's a disease.
Re: Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by kibo: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2014
It is because of the myopic and naive nature of some individuals, who cannot see that man is not defined by race or colour, but by how much he contributes to the society.

They base their judgements on unnecessary emotions and sentiments, instead of values, that is why they dont always get results.
They have limited themselves to what they know, because they refuse to go in search of knowledge and free themselves from this rot.

Until they break away from the shackles of tribal bigotry, development would be an elusive thing.
Re: Why Must We Insult Or Tribalise A Thread? by davidif: 3:34am On Mar 11, 2017
yim:
For about five years I have been a member of this esteemed community of Nigerians. But one thing has kept me baffled: why must we always tribalise or insult people?

It's quite pathetic really. It seems to be worse now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Important Message From T.b. Joshua Concerning Ebola: / I Am So Rich I Flush My Toilet With Pellegrino(picture) / Saudi Husband Divorces Bride During Wedding After Seeing Her Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.