Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included (6266 Views)

North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / Tinubu Is Back In Nigeria! (Pictures Included) / North Should Pull Out Of Nigeria Take Its Destiny Into Its Hands-alhaji Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by NafeesaAA(f): 6:13am On Jul 12, 2014
Stop exporting donkeys to East

Yesterday six trailers all loaded with donkeys and old horses entered a filling station to buy diesel.

I asked the drivers their destination and they said they were heading toward Ebonyi,Enugu and Anambra states.

The animals were going to work in the farms,they were for human consumption.

I was sad.

For a long time donkeys were taken to the east only to be eaten. This is bad trade. Donkeys are cheap compared to cows,some satanic merchants use to buy them and butcher them and sell the meat to unsuspecting public as cow meat in the East.

Weekly Trust visited Ebonyi last year and featured a detailed story with pictures in a donkey abattoir and we saw middle men buying the meat and taking them to towns and villages to sell. A woman confessed she was not telling her customers it was donkey meat.

If people are willingly buying donkey meat to eat I have no quarrel with that,it is their stomach afterall.

But the majority of consumers had no idea what they were being sold by those unscrupulous elements,this is a criminal act.

In Katsina a man was sentenced 3 years for selling donkey suya as cow. It is time the governments in the Eastern states pay attention to this. A lot of people are eating donkey meats in restaurants without knowing. Early this year a scandal broke out in Europe where sausages were sold to public with horse DNA.

In the North government should stop exportation of donkeys outside the region. The animal which is used in farms as means of rural transportation is gradually been wiped away.

A donkey is slow to procreate and if the trend continues there will be no donkeys in Northern Nigeria in another two decades.

5 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by eaglechild: 6:23am On Jul 12, 2014
A similar scandal shook Europe some years back.

It is criminal to sell a wrong product under false pretence.

9 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by DONOCSO(m): 6:31am On Jul 12, 2014
interesting point!
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Awoofawo(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2014
A simple matter of demand and supply!

Someone in the east demanded for it and someone up north supplied cool

9 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by saintneo(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2014
anü jakï. those days we were usually watchful to ensure we purchase beef not donkey meat.

By the way, is there anything bad in eating horses, donkeys, zebras, etc. They are good source of protein after all, the UN is encouraging people to start eating insects(cockroaches...lol) because of their high protein content.
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 12, 2014
The state Govt needs to look into this seriously.Remembered the Suya man in Port Harcourt that sells vultures as chicken suya to unsuspecting consumers.

4 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Nctrice(m): 7:22am On Jul 12, 2014
During my service year in Abakaliki Ebonyi state I lived on fish alone... I tried as much as I can to avoid eating meat in public restaurant because chances are 3 out of 5 meal you eat are served with Donkey meat!

8 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by jeffizy(m): 7:22am On Jul 12, 2014
A.K.A Kaya meat.
I don't go beyond my chicken , turkey and cow meat.
There are more complex implications that can spring off from eating meat from all these animals that many do not know.
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by customized07: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2014
Like seriously, this northerners have really taken the east to be their refuge, for the first time in my life, I saw a camel and I saw it in the southeastern of umuahia, just few months back.
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Henrypraise: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2014
In as much as I like d igbo pple, I will always "hate" dia taste for money, d only tin an igbo man wants is mony he does not care wat means, he does not even knw how to spend it lyk d yorubas, he gives d money to his wife hu helps him spend it or his relatives in d village(to show off).

From medicine to food stuffs to electronics, clothin, building materials n so many more. I made a vow to mysef not to buy anytin from igbo pple in my house except dia dealership is confirmed by me.

de always wanna cut corners to d detriment of the masses.

8 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by collynz02: 7:53am On Jul 12, 2014
Henrypraise: In as much as I like d igbo pple, I will always "hate" dia taste for money, d only tin an igbo man wants is mony he does not care wat means, he does not even knw how to spend it lyk d yorubas, he gives d money to his wife hu helps him spend it or his relatives in d village(to show off).

From medicine to food stuffs to electronics, clothin, building materials n so many more. I made a vow to mysef not to buy anytin from igbo pple in my house except dia dealership is confirmed by me.

de always wanna cut corners to d detriment of the masses.
Fool! They are being exported and imported into the east by your beloved Hausas and meat business is their exclusive preserve in the east.
See wretched man talking about who he will or will not buy things from.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by gurnam: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2014
Law of demand and supply....
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Gamji007: 8:11am On Jul 12, 2014
collynz02:
Fool! They are being exported and imported into the east by your beloved Hausas and meat business is their exclusive preserve in the east.
See wretched man talking about who he will or will not buy things from.

Bros, you no sabi read? It's a simple case of demand and supply.grin

Why are you worked up over his choice of where to buy things from?undecided

3 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by dridowu: 8:12am On Jul 12, 2014
Only if the govt (state/federal) can enforce strict law pertaining to transportation of animals and employ more Veterinarians at different unit , then the senseless killing of animals will be stop.

https://www.nairaland.com/1809174/woman-receives-selfie-dead-grandmother
Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by ogbonge9grian: 8:13am On Jul 12, 2014
kastonkastrol: yeah that was what your village uncles told u in those "tales by moonlight stories" they usually tell you in the village square, while your ibo wrestlers show-off their dry chests.
heheheheehe u forgot to add that these dry chest Biafra warriors were also chanting nzobu nzobu eyi ba eyi!

7 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by collynz02: 8:15am On Jul 12, 2014
Gamji007:

Bros, you no sabi read? It's a simple case of demand and supply.grin

Why are you worked up over his choice of where to buy things from?undecided
Did you read where the said most people buy the meat thinking they are cow meat?
So it is now a case of demand and supply but when an Igbo man sells you an inferior product that suits your status as a wretched man you call it something else?

2 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Akshow: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2014
omenka: There's absolutely no need for this bro. Don't you get tired of hating
very convenient for u to whine and complain when u are at d receiving end but u throw a blind eye to the hundreds of hate comments coming from ur Biafra brothers to others. Yeye de smell

2 Likes

Re: North Should Stop Exporting Donkeys To The East. Pictures Included by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2014
That is how they will cross ebola to the east if they are not check mated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of One Of Jonathan's New University / How I Silenced Buhari Supporters Today. / Ex-NNPP National Chairman Alkali, Kaduna Guber Candidate, Hunkuyi Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.