Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated (4449 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by femikay149(m): 8:15am On Jul 12, 2014
I just go this mail from diamond bank stating that Cbn New Rule says that debit or credit card trapped in other"s bank atm ll be perforated before returning to issuing bank..Meaning one cant use the card again

My question is so who pays for the re-issuance of the bank..Hope the customer wont be charged,because most times it is not the customer's fault bt error from the machine

Ve had this problem before that gt bank refused to give me back my atm trapped in their machine...was told i needed to pay for another one...i was really mad

I hope Cbn ll shed more light on this

Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by drealnamdy(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Soo the CBN really went ahead to enact dis rule angry ....wat. Rubbish...so I hav to pay for d damages caused by another bank...dis is soo lame angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by femikay149(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2014
drealnamdy: Soo the CBN really went ahead to enact dis rule angry ....wat. Rubbish...so I hav to pay for d damages caused by another bank...dis is soo lame angry angry

Wait so the customer ll pay...rily

Banks keep cheating customers

Seems Cbn aiding them now
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2014
Fuc.ked up rule. Beginning of the end for this CBN governor
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by sluvy4tune(m): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2014
When people say our leaders work with NIKE company I believe the.

They Just do it.

Do this people think at all, with the way banks ATM are made to swallow up cards. And the duration of times it takes for some banks to issue you a new card.

Why should Nigerians be made to pay for the mistake of another bank, what about cases of network and your card eventually get trapped?

I tire for this Clueless act
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by femikay149(m): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2014
sluvy4tune: When people say our leaders work with NIKE company I believe the.

They Just do it.

Do this people think at all, with the way banks ATM are made to swallow up cards. And the duration of times it takes for some banks to issue you a new card.

Why should Nigerians be made to pay for the mistake of another bank, what about cases of network and your card eventually get trapped?

I tire for this Clueless act

Spot on..let me add not only clueless but wicked act.

Seems no consumer protectn in this country

Also i feel they should stop appointing former bank mds as Cbn gov...seems once they assume office they quickly try to implement wot ll favour d banks bt nt customers

They also witch hunt rival banks

It is jus messy

Bt nigerian docile nature just helps this pple get away with things
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by eedriyz(m): 12:04am On Jul 13, 2014
I doubt this rule is that new... But whoever made it is a f*ol
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by Youngzedd(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2014
Non of my card have stock in ATM .
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by Youngzedd(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2014
eedriyz: I doubt this rule is that new... But whoever made it is a f*ol

No, they have their reasons and a very good one for that.

Fear bankers.

I wonder why ATM card stock inside the machine.

If a machine is proving stubborn leave it and check the other.
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by laudate: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Youngzedd:

I wonder why ATM card stock inside the machine.

If a machine is proving stubborn leave it and check the other.

Oga, something tells me you are not a regular ATM user. Does any ATM machine give you a warning, or notify you to retrieve your card and switch to another machine, before it traps your card? I think not....
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by Youngzedd(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
laudate:

Oga, something tells me you are not a regular ATM user. Does any ATM machine give you a warning, or notify you to retrieve your card and switch to another machine, before it traps your card? I think not....

Me going to the ATM is to withdraw money I will consume.
Still yet, ATM gives warning because I have seen situations where the ATM will display incorrect pin or wrong pin, the card owner will keep on trying/forcing to access the account, then machine trap the card they will start looking for who to blame.

Take for instance, ATM transaction receipt, everywhere will be filled with papers, that alone will tell you how some Nigerians behave. What on earth are they doing with receipt when they know their account balance.

What I observed is that many Nigerians like pressing YES on any computer command whether they understand it or not.

The solution is for the banks to educate the masses.
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by rozayx5(m): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
makes no sense to me undecided
Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by mayorall(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Why complaining, You all celebrated when president terminated Sanusi's.appointment nah.

1 Like

Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by laudate: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Youngzedd:

Me going to the ATM is to withdraw money I will consume.
Still yet, ATM gives warning because I have seen situations where the ATM will display incorrect pin or wrong pin, the card owner will keep on trying/forcing to access the account, then machine trap the card they will start looking for who to blame.

Take for instance, ATM transaction receipt, everywhere will be filled with papers, that alone will tell you how some Nigerians behave. What on earth are they doing with receipt when they know their account balance.

What I observed is that many Nigerians like pressing YES on any computer command whether they understand it or not.

The solution is for the banks to educate the masses.

Bros, I will give you 2/10 for this answer. The 2 marks are due to the fact that you listed only one of the reasons why an ATM card gets trapped by an ATM machine, which is wrong entry of a pin number. wink

There are several other reasons:

(a) Power fluctuations and/or data connectivity link outages that occur during a transaction can make an ATM suddenly go off-line. In such cases, if an ATM card has already been inserted into the ATM, your card will be trapped. It does not matter how correct your PIN number is. cheesy

(b) General malfunction of the ATM parts: The card reader on the machine might develop a sudden fault, and this could cause the card to be trapped, after it has been inserted. sad

(c). Processing time is exceeded: If you are using your debit card on another bank's ATM, sometimes the period taken to receive a response from your own bank's servers to the ATM network, might be exceeded. Your bank's servers may not even respond at all. Then an error message comes up. Some ATMs may trap the card, instead of ejecting it, especially if this occurs more than once. shocked

(d). Software issues: The ATM may have some software problems and as such it might encounter a difficulty in decoding the Chip module in your card. This could lead to the card being trapped. cry

Don't let me bore you with other details. Yes, sometimes wrong entry of a PIN multiple times, could lead to cards being trapped. But that is not the only cause. As for the way receipts are used to litter the ATM area, the banks need to put an effective disposal method in place, to get rid of the receipts, Why not install a mini-shredder below the ATM instead of those tiny single wastebaskets, normally placed there? wink

Some ATM points do not even have a waste basket. A few banks do not even install receipts in their ATMs. A message just flashes, that "this ATM is temporarily unable to dispense receipts, do you want to continue with the transaction? Click YES to continue and NO to cancel the transaction." lipsrsealed

You can read about other people's experiences' here: https://www.nairaland.com/1584906/access-bank-deactivate-atm-cards/2

1 Like

Re: Cbn New Rule: Atm Card Trapped In Other Bank's Atm Terminal Ll Be Perforated by femikay149(m): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2014
laudate:

Bros, I will give you 2/10 for this answer. The 2 marks are due to the fact that you listed only one of the reasons why an ATM card gets trapped by an ATM machine, which is wrong entry of a pin number. wink

There are several other reasons:

(a) Power fluctuations and/or data connectivity link outages that occur during a transaction can make an ATM suddenly go off-line. In such cases, if an ATM card has already been inserted into the ATM, your card will be trapped. It does not matter how correct your PIN number is. cheesy

(b) General malfunction of the ATM parts: The card reader on the machine might develop a sudden fault, and this could cause the card to be trapped, after it has been inserted. sad

(c). Processing time is exceeded: If you are using your debit card on another bank's ATM, sometimes the period taken to receive a response from your own bank's servers to the ATM network, might be exceeded. Your bank's servers may not even respond at all. Then an error message comes up. Some ATMs may trap the card, instead of ejecting it, especially if this occurs more than once. shocked

(d). Software issues: The ATM may have some software problems and as such it might encounter a difficulty in decoding the Chip module in your card. This could lead to the card being trapped. cry

Don't let me bore you with other details. Yes, sometimes wrong entry of a PIN multiple times, could lead to cards being trapped. But that is not the only cause. As for the way receipts are used to litter the ATM area, the banks need to put an effective disposal method in place, to get rid of the receipts, Why not install a mini-shredder below the ATM instead of those tiny single wastebaskets, normally placed there? wink

Some ATM points do not even have a waste basket. A few banks do not even install receipts in their ATMs. A message just flashes, that "this ATM is temporarily unable to dispense receipts, do you want to continue with the transaction? Click YES to continue and NO to cancel the transaction." lipsrsealed

You can read about other people's experiences' here: https://www.nairaland.com/1584906/access-bank-deactivate-atm-cards/2

Spot on

So from these conclusions probability is higher that the banks take the greater share of the blame

So why should customers pay for that

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Direct Investment To Nigeria Fell By 21% To $3.5 Billion In 2017 / Do People Actually Make A Living Amount From Online Forex Trading In Nigeria / Vat Charges, With Holding Tax And The Invoice Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.