Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60920 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2014
By John Amoda

What remains to the Levites “when ye have heaved the  best thereof” is the reward of the Levites “for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation. That which they have tithed from “they shall eat in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward” (Numbers 18:31) Here in the word of God is the fact that the portion of the tithes given by the children of Israel to the Levites that is left after they have tithed of their tithes is to be (1) eaten by the Levites (2) to be consumed “in every place, ye and your household”.

The Levites tithes are to be consumed not in the holy place “but in every place”. Thus the tithe to be brought into the holy place is not the Tithes of the children of Israel but the Tithes of the Tithes given to Aaron.

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house” (Malachi 3:10b). These tithes are the tithes of Aaron given to him by the Levites.

As it is with the Offerings, so it was with the Tithes of The Tithes; they are to be eaten “not in every place” but in the holy place by Aaron. It is these Tithes of the Tithes that have been withheld from Aaron. God had Aaron and his household in mind in Numbers 18, for both the offerings and the Tithes of the Tithes are the Lord’s and these He has given to Aaron.

In Malachi 3:8-10 God’s focus is thus exclusively on the Priest. The offerings were consumed in God’s holy place, God’s house. So were the Tithes of the Tithes; they were not consumed in every place like the Tithes of the Levites from the children of Israel; they are to be “brought into mine storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house”; there Aaron and his sons are to eat the same. Hebrews has Aaron’s tithes in view, that is the tithes of the tithes and it this tithes that is ultimately holy unto the Lord, among His most Holy Things.

“And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham” (Hebrews 7:5). All in Israel therefore paid tithes—the 11 tribes to the Levites and the Levites to Aaron. 

Aaron alone in Israel is he that receives tithes and does not pay tithes

The commandment to pay tithes is thus God’s commandment to the children of Israel to give the tenth of the increase of their inheritance to Aaron, for only Aaron is truly the one who has no inheritance of among the children of Israel.

Numbers 18 is so detailed and so specific that it provides absolutely no warrant for the misreading of God’s word. But it is nevertheless only one of four tithes of the Law. All the four tithes are to be consumed, one of them by the recipient, the other three by the tithers.

Tithes of consumed by the tithers

The Deuteronomy 12 Tithes is a tithes of the Law consumed by the tithers and to be put into practice when Israel has been established in the land promised.

“For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. But when ye go over Jordan and dwell in the land which the Lord your God giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety; Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you, your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD.

And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye and your sons and your daughters, and your menservants and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates, for as much as he hath no part nor inheritance with you.

Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in every place that thou seest. But in the place which the Lord shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings and there thou shalt do all that I command thee… Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine or of thy oil, or of the firstlings of thy hands or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings or heave offerings of thine hand.

But thou must eat them before the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose, thou, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and thy menservants, and thy maidservants, and the Levite that is within thy gates, and thou shalt rejoice within thy gate, and thou shall rejoice before the LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto…If the place which the LORD thy God hath chosen to put his name there be too far from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herds and of thy flocks which the Lord hath given thee, as I  have commanded thee, and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after” (Deuteronomy 12:9-14; 17-18, 21).

This Tithe of the Law the Tither eats according to the Lord’s commandment in the place God chooses. The tither is enjoined to include the Levite that is within his gates in the merriment.

The first Tithe of Deuteronomy 14

“Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which the Lord thy God shall choose to place His name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine and of thine oil and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. For if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee,

Then shalt thou turn it into money and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose. And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen or for sheep or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desire: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice thou and thine household. And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee” (Deuteronomy 14:22-27).

This tithes like the Deuteronomy 12 Tithe is to be eaten by the Tither where the Lord God stipulates. The eating is a feast of rejoicing before the Lord, only that the Tither must take heed to include the Levite “for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee”. (verse 27)

The second Tithe of Deuteronomy 14

“At the end of the three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates; And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow which are within thy gate, shall come and shall eat and be satisfied, that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest” (Deuteronomy 14:28).

This tithe at the end of three years is mainly for the enjoyment and satisfaction of the stranger, the fatherless, the widow and the Levite and it is to be consumed within the gates of the Tither. And there is a blessing attached to this generosity—“that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest”. (verse 29). This survey of God’s commandments on Tithing shows that it is important not to be selective in the teaching of tithing. It is important to teach what the LORD God commanded.

This is the foundation. It is equally important to recognize whom the LORD commanded to keep His Law. The tithes of the law, all four of them were to be kept by the children of Israel, in Israel and in the place God chose among the 12 Tribes to place His name there.

It is just not true that God commanded Gentiles to keep the Law. To drive this point home, we quote what the Scripture declares in the following: “Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby”. (Ephesians 2:11-16)

The Tithes of the law are for Israel to keep. This the scripture states loudly and clearly. It is also true that Israel did reject God’s surprising and surpassing mercifulness. To God’s offer “bring all your tithes and prove me with your obedience, Israel responded with disdain. “Ye have said, it is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance” (Malachi 3:14). By the time of our Lord’s incarnation the whole world was dead in trespasses and sin (Ephesians 2:1) “As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God…There is no fear of God before their eyes. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”. (Romans 3:10-11, 23)

Scripture declares the truth: We are justified by faith in Christ Jesus

“For there is one God, one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (I Timothy 2:5-6). Every man is worth the same to God, for all are the redeemed of the Lord, for Jesus gave Himself a ransom not for one, nor for a few but for all. God declares that on the basis of this redeeming Act, He has “redeemed those that were under the law, that they might receive the adoption of sons. And because (we) are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into (our) heart, crying Abba, Father.

Wherefore (we are) no more a servant, but a son, and if a son then heir of God through Christ” (Galatians 4:5-7). God has fulfilled His covenant with Aaron through Christ Jesus. God’s redeemed are now legally His sons and therefore His Heirs. “What shall we then say to these things, if God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:31-32) Whom God has blessed with all spiritual blessings and adopted as His children, who can bring such under the curse of the law?

“Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth! Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather that is risen again who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession  for us” (Romans 8:33-34). None can curse the Redeemed of the Lord. None can undo the adoption act of God. As it is written of Abraham so it is with Abraham’s Seed, which seed we are: “And if ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). Enough therefore of this Malachian intimidation of believing children of God! Enough!

*Prof. Amoda, an author and newspaper columnist, pastors a church in Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/numbers-18-faults-oyedepos-teaching-on-tithes-4/

25 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by kbshow100(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Ain't reading that long s**t. You better summarise it because it's not SOS 304

100 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ITbomb(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2014
Jesus Christ or even His apostle Paul would have had a simpler way of explaining this if it were the truth.

44 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lastmessenger: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2014
ITbomb: Jesus Christ or even His apostle Paul would have had a simpler way of explaining this if it were the truth.
You want him to write 2 lines to prove that he is saying the truth.maybe the bible should have been 2 chapters to prove that it is Gods word.
Anyway he who has an ear let him hear.if you are a keeper of the law,remember to keep all.as for me i have been delivered from the curse of the law.

102 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2014
#Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.

143 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Trendy247: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2014
OK.. Time for Pastors to change their names to Aaron.

18 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ednut1(m): 9:04am On Jul 13, 2014
sorry i no fit read am.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg its too long summarize it or GnD tongue

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by justi4jesu(f): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Pay your tithe or leave it... undecided

7 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bigass(f): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs

44 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by BUSHHUNTER: 9:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Isiterere(m): 9:07am On Jul 13, 2014
whaooo!!! It's Sunday already?

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by kevoh(m): 9:07am On Jul 13, 2014
Yaaaaaay! It's denouncing Tithe day! Two topics on Frontpage already! Praise the Lord somebody! tongue

8 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jnrbayano(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Ghen ghen!!!

Wait for them to return from church.

These people are trained in defending tithe even to death. cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by coldsummer: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Ok ok.

Oyedepo sympathisers go soon come

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by BUSHHUNTER: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. The pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs

50 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 13, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

71 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by olumaxi(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2014
Wel,d bible is lyk an encyclopedea...every pastor wil preach wat he thinks his congregation r willing and able to hear/digest

4 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2014
Who is Oyedepo? Is he jet owner who makes money from his church members? Oh now I remember! He is the one who parades himself as a bishop. Who slapped an innocent young girl after he accused her of being a witch when he ought to have delivered her if she was actually one instead of slapping her. That man is a disgrace! God will judge him

25 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by hayoakins(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2014
The walk with God is personal...paying of tithe is a free will and not by force

However, Luk 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
(KJV)

18 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lawa18(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Just read up to half and couldnt cope any longer. Learn to write to point

8 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by PastorAji(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Who is Oyedepo? Is he jet owner who makes money from his church members? Oh now I remember! He is the one who parades himself as a bishop. Who slapped an innocent young girl after he accused her of being a witch when he ought to have delivered her if she was actually one instead of slapping her. That man is a disgrace! God will judge him

WALAHI I DEY CRAZE angry angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jhydebaba(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2014
Jesus pay tithe If no, then why are we paying tithe Or are we no longer following the path of christ

9 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Wolison(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
OMG.....what a sermon!!!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by HARDUBUY(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
...More often than not, the contents of the bible and the activities of christains are two parallel line...it's not the latters fault but the consistent contradictions in the former that leads to complacencies...imagine a person having 28 bibles... yes, its for real.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GoodBoi1(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Well...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Airforce1(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
but why oyedepo?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by freshness2020: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Walk not in ignorance my friends !
The spiritual supersedes the physical.
You don't read the bible like you read any other books!
What I know is that, know the truth and be set free!
What I found out about Africans is that, when it comes to Money and religion , that's is when our five senses pops out to counter!
SMH!!!

16 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lilmax(m): 9:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Una never tire?

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2014
For y'all talking about summary, better skip to the next thread.. Personally, I wonder where tithe money goes.. Imagine I make a billion, my tithe is a hundred million.. Where does it go to?? Pay pastor's salaries? Build expensive church branches? Acquire more personal luxury? Build expensive universities where 80% of the members can't afford for the fees? Maybe someone should enlighten me..

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.