Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. (29027 Views)

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active / The Logic Games, Riddles And Puzzles Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by HIV1: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
The answer is 2.
Reomeve a marble from a box containing a black marble , you will see the reamaining white mable and vice versal. Removing a black marble from a box containing two black marble solve the ramaing problem since we know that the third box containing two white marbles.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by saintneo(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
look below
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by saintneo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

1 ball only.

Let the incorrectly labeled boxes be WW, BB, WB. Since the boxes are labeled incorrectly, then WB contains 2W or 2B, WW and BB can contain 1W1B or two balls of the same colour. Consequently, we pick one ball from WB only.

If we pick a black ball from WB, then WB contains 2B, WW contains 1W1B and BB contains 2W.
However, if we pick a white ball from WB, then WB contains 2W, WW contains 2B and BB contains 1W1B.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by deadie(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
HIV1: The answer is 2.
Reomeve a marble from a box containing a black marble , you will see the reamaining white mable and vice versal. Removing a black marble from a box containing two black marble solve the ramaing problem since we know that the third box containing two white marbles.
Since the marbles are in a bag, the assumption is that you only see what you bring out.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by okirewaju(f): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Abeg reading through people's comment is giving me headache already

Waiting for the next puzzle
angry
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by HIV1: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
The answer is 2
Removing a marble from a box containing one black and one white marble will leave you with only one white marble . Removing a black marble from a box containing two black marbles will solve the problem. pls tell me I am wrong and I will tell you , you are olodo shocked
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by HIV1: 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
if you can only see what you bring out , then the fewest number will be three.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by rman: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
lobell: The answer is one marble.
EXPLANATION
Pick one marble from the box labelled one white one black, but which we know to contains either two white or two black marbles. Then take the correct label for it from one of the remaining two boxes. Now you have one box correctly labelled, you have one label in your hand, one box without a label and one box with a wrong label. Take label from the incorrectly labelled box and put on the box without a label then put the label in your hands on the last box.QED

Perfect answer! Yours is the only answer that makes logical sense.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
THREE
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by leo1234(m): 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
adekayo1234: Solving this problem again involves reading it very
carefully and knowing that it means just what it
says. We are told exactly what is in each box and
also that all three labels are wrong (not just possibly
wrong). That is a lot of information, so let's draw a
grid as in problem 1, crossing off the possibilities
that any box is label correctly:
Labeled B-
B
Labeled B-
W
Labeled W-
W
Contains B-
B X
Contains B-
W X
Contains W-
W X
This problem now differs from the first in that we
must choose judiciously to fill in the rest of the
table in the fewest number of looks inside the
boxes. The best way I know to discover the answer
is to look for a choice where you are guaranteed to
learn something new. If you look first in the box
labeled B-B and you pull out a white marble, you
still haven't learned what that box contains because
it might be B-W or W-W. Similarly if you look in
the W-W box, a choice of B does not allow you even
to fill in one more cell of the table. But if you
choose the B-W box, then you are guaranteed to be
able to fill in one more cell, because if you draw out
a white marble, then that box must be the W-W. If
you draw out a black, then it must be the B-B. Let's
suppose it is white, and fill in the table:
Labeled B-
B
Labeled B-
W
Labeled W-
W
Contains B-
B X
Contains B-
W X
Contains W-
W O X
Now we can fill in the rest of column two and row
three because only one cell is left:
Labeled B-
B
Labeled B-
W
Labeled W-
W
Contains B-
B X X
Contains B-
W X
Contains W-
W X O X
And now, wonder of wonders, the first column only
has one empty cell, as does the first row, so we can
fill them in too:
Labeled B-
B
Labeled B-
W
Labeled W-
W
Contains B-
B X X O
Contains B-
W O X
Contains W-
W X O X
So the amazing thing is that by drawing only one
marble out of the box labeled B-W, we can deduce
what is in all three boxes!
If we had been bright enough to solve it without
the table we could have said that the B-W box must
be the W-W because we drew a white marble out of
it. That would mean the box labeled B-B must
contain the B-W because it is mislabeled and
cannot contain two black marbles. That leaves the
box labeled W-W to contain two black marbles.
Thus, the puzzle can be solved without using a grid,
but to me the grid method is more convincing
because the logic is so clear at each step.

The summary of my epistle is that by drawing out a single marble from the box labelled B-W, u can deduce the content of the other boxes

Google answereth all things. my 2 kobo
u too much.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by boyterror: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Negro1: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Simple open the boxes and check. #Lobatan
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by canalily(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
...pls keep this muzzle abi na puzzle until after the world cup...
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Dominionng(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

You think this is hard? Try explaining Twitter to old folks...
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by bbosewa: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
the answer is four
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by foruma(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
One from the BW box.

Next puzzle please!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by emiye(m): 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
Box A = BB, Box B= WW, Box C = BW.

PICK 1:If my first pick is Black, it means the box is not a possible Box B, but Box A or C.

PICK 2 :I will simply pick from another box, if it is black, i will pick the second ball from the same box, PICK 3:if it is white, then it is box C, If it is black, then it is Box A

That then means the last Box i have not picked from is Box B ( 3 ATTEMPTS).

ALTERNATE scenario:
Box A = BB, Box B= WW, Box C = BW.

PICK 1:If my first pick is white, it means the box is not a possible Box A, but a B or C

PICK 2 :I will simply pick from another box, if it is black, i will pick the second ball from the same box,PICK 3: if it is white, then it is box C, If it is black, then it is Box A

That then means the last Box i have not picked from is Box B ( 3 ATTEMPTS).

[size=15pt]3 attempts in total[/size]
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by cannonnier(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
I have a harder puzzle but fynestboy won't brig it to fp.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by aemmy: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
1 oo
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Its 1... Next puzzle plz... Interesting
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Dubby6(m): 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
Op come give another question oo...got this on my 1st attemp immediately i saw 'labelled in correctly' answer is 1... angry
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Larrylarex(m): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
saintneo:

1 ball only.

Let the incorrectly labeled boxes be WW, BB, WB. Since the boxes are labeled incorrectly, then WB contains 2W or 2B, WW and BB can contain 1W1B or two balls of the same colour. Consequently, we pick one ball from WB only.

If we pick a black ball from WB, then WB contains 2B, WW contains 1W1B and BB contains 2W.
However, if we pick a white ball from WB, then WB contains 2W, WW contains 2B and BB contains 1W1B.

Gbam! This is the answer, I came late, I solved it but want to know if someone has gotten it right before commenting and here he is! The minimum number you really have to pick is just one from the one labelled as containing black and white if you pick white there, that means the two marbles are white. The remaining two contained black&white and black but they were labelled black and white, since they're labelled incorrectly, the one labelled as having white will actually have black and the one labelled black will contain black&white marbles
Ces't ce clear?
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by amd4598(m): 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
5 marbles picked from all boxes can determine the correct label. Firsly, pick one marble each from the 3boxes. With that u know the 1st colour. Start all over and pick the 2nd marble in 2 of the 3 boxes. With that u know the correct label for the 2boxes, u know the colour left in the 3rd box unpicked.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Jasi7(m): 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
timsbee: Am on front page again ooooooooo.... Chai! Na only me waka com oooo *singing Doro bucchi*

Whats wrng wit dis sick being...have ur bank account been credited afterwards!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Lebee4(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
one ball.
reason is that none of the boxes is label correctly.
it either W in the 3 box or B.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ewosk: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
hmmm
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by chronique(m): 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
The minimum no of marbles to pick to determine the content of all boxes is 2.

Given the fact that all boxes are incorrectly labelled,you should pick as follows:

1st pick: box 1(incorrectly labelled as Black),gives you a white marble. This means you have either picked from the box with a white and black marble,or an all white marble box.

2nd pick: box 2(incorrectly labelled as white or black/white),gives you either a white marble,or a black marble. If it was labelled white and you picked a white marble,it means you have at this stage,picked from the box with white/black marble,and the box with all white marble. This means that the third box is all black marble. If it was labelled black/white,and you picked white or black,it means the third box is black or white. The most important box to pick from,is the box incorrectly labelled as black and white. Whatever you pick from that box,and the subsequent box,would determine what's in the last box.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ewosk: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
oya Yorex2011 where u dey come see this one
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ChukChinCol(m): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2014
They are carefully arranged but wrongly labelled. For example 1st box was tagged BB, (wrongly labelled) and u picked B first,u have to pick the next cos it can be BB or WB. And let's say 2nd box was tagged WW. If u pick W first, u have to pick the other cos it can be WW or WB. If u observed that 1st box has WW and 2nd box has BB, it means that 3rd box has WB. You need a minimum of 4 picks!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by yorex2011: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2014
ewosk: oya Yorex2011 where u dey come see this one
I pick the box containing the incorrectly labeled "black and white".. If i pick white then i knw it has to be d all white box (cos they labeled it black and white meaning it has to be all white)... Then i pick a ball from the one labeled all while... If i pick a white ball, then i knw it has to be d one with black and white inside..... Leaving me with d last box being all black... Same goes if i picked d box labeled all black...

So the answer is i need just 2 balls.... Hope my xplanation is not too hard yo comprehend?

But going thru again i wud actually need just one ball which is from the first pick... Since they are incorectly labeled u can actually use dat info to get the other two boxes...
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2014
Do your stats homework yourself. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Let Us Set World Record For Counting 1-100,000,000,000 / Can You Name All The Wrestlers In This Drawing? / Whats Your Score ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.