Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes (4613 Views)

7 Dogs Attack A Commercial Driver In Lagos (Photo) / Some Unusual Nigerian Pets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by Mckandre(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
I think this might be helpful considering which diet suits your pet more in other to maintain good body tone and coats. To feed an English puppy could be very hard and frustrating,all you need is patience. when I got my GSD newly she was really a picky eater. she won't eat what I gave her but she will poo everytime,that got me worried. I decided to contact the breeder about her previous diet but twasnt successful. I was advised to leave any food I give her on her bowl that she will always come around to take a bite, I did and it kinda worked, I didn't like the idea cos of flies pestering on it. I bought various dog food to see which one will entice her more;
Simply right (savory cuts in gravy)
Purina alpo (prime cuts)
Corn beef
jojo premium
I gave her corn beef she ate, I decided to mix it with jollof rice but she picked only the corn beef and left the rice. I tried simply right, she smelt it and left it, I was the one to feed her the savory cuts by hand. At time goes I cooked indomie and mixed it with corn beef without seasoning,she liked it(this was seuns idea). then I tried Purina alpo she went frantic so was my two pet cats Cos they were always beside me when m feeding cayenne, so I had to let them have some. i also tried over cooked rice mix With corn beef and a little semolina she loved it, I was making progress .
The bill for the dog food was so much, as a student I can't always keep up. so I always tried mixing half can of dog food with most food like spaghetti, rice, indomie and the rest and she always seem to be enjoying her self with those,as of now she's no longer picky with food, she eats whatever that comes from my hand. by the look of things she's growing fast and well balanced than i anticipated judging from peoples comment,she's just 2.2 months old.
For those of you like me who might find it a bit difficult to go for expensive dog food, you can make some yourself at home, I'll give you guys some few pointers and some of my homemade recipes

wheat pudding (for sound weight gaining) :
grounded wheat
grounded millet (dawa)
grounded fish bones
palm oil
procedure :
boil water
add all dry mixtures together (just like in preparation of semolina)
add little palm oil and stir. serve

someone in nairaland gave this recipe(courtesy)
soya beans (cooked dried )
groundnut
crayfish

procedure :
grind all together. and use as food supplements,you can add it on pap, custard or other pudding .

rice pudding ;
corn beef
rice
semolina
soybeans mixture(above)

procedure :
boil rice till soft, add semolina and one full tablespoon of soybean mix
add corn beef.
cook all together and stir, serve

commercial dog food ( these are the ones m giving mine as of now)

Simply right (savory cuts in gravy)#280
Purina alpo (prime cuts)#280
Corn beef#300
jojo premium #295
dog mor (dry)#1000

*last advice, make sure you give your pet multivitamins daily to aid good muscle toning and appetite, I give mine vetzyme B plus E. and also code liver oil( for shiny coats and healthy skin)
*deworm monthly

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by lacicrips(m): 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Can you talk more on the wheat pudding please?
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by naijainfogalery: 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice on
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by Mckandre(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
lacicrips:
Can you talk more on the wheat pudding please?
sorry for the late reply. the pudding was what i gave mine when she was a pup Just to get more protein intake.
if u have a pup,u can try it out its really great and helps in shiny coats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by Mckandre(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
this is 8kg chicken leftovers i got yesterday for 1050naira. the content consist of chicken necks, gizzard,livers and few fatty beef(in bowl) and bones,ribcage (waterproof) for those asking for a pics,here u go

Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by miremoses(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mckandre:
this is 8kg chicken leftovers i got yesterday for 1050naira. the content consist of chicken necks, gizzard,livers and few fatty beef(in bowl) and bones,ribcage (waterproof) for those asking for a pics,here u go
..u mean u bought all dis for #1050...pls where u dey buy am..im intrested
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by miremoses(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mckandre:

I think this might be helpful considering which diet suits your pet more in other to maintain good body tone and coats. To feed an English puppy could be very hard and frustrating,all you need is patience. when I got my GSD newly she was really a picky eater. she won't eat what I gave her but she will poo everytime,that got me worried. I decided to contact the breeder about her previous diet but twasnt successful. I was advised to leave any food I give her on her bowl that she will always come around to take a bite, I did and it kinda worked, I didn't like the idea cos of flies pestering on it. I bought various dog food to see which one will entice her more;
Simply right (savory cuts in gravy)
Purina alpo (prime cuts)
Corn beef
jojo premium
I gave her corn beef she ate, I decided to mix it with jollof rice but she picked only the corn beef and left the rice. I tried simply right, she smelt it and left it, I was the one to feed her the savory cuts by hand. At time goes I cooked indomie and mixed it with corn beef without seasoning,she liked it(this was seuns idea). then I tried Purina alpo she went frantic so was my two pet cats Cos they were always beside me when m feeding cayenne, so I had to let them have some. i also tried over cooked rice mix With corn beef and a little semolina she loved it, I was making progress .
The bill for the dog food was so much, as a student I can't always keep up. so I always tried mixing half can of dog food with most food like spaghetti, rice, indomie and the rest and she always seem to be enjoying her self with those,as of now she's no longer picky with food, she eats whatever that comes from my hand. by the look of things she's growing fast and well balanced than i anticipated judging from peoples comment,she's just 2.2 months old.
For those of you like me who might find it a bit difficult to go for expensive dog food, you can make some yourself at home, I'll give you guys some few pointers and some of my homemade recipes

wheat pudding (for sound weight gaining) :
grounded wheat
grounded millet (dawa)
grounded fish bones
palm oil
procedure :
boil water
add all dry mixtures together (just like in preparation of semolina)
add little palm oil and stir. serve

someone in nairaland gave this recipe(courtesy)
soya beans (cooked dried )
groundnut
crayfish

procedure :
grind all together. and use as food supplements,you can add it on pap, custard or other pudding .

rice pudding ;
corn beef
rice
semolina
soybeans mixture(above)

procedure :
boil rice till soft, add semolina and one full tablespoon of soybean mix
add corn beef.
cook all together and stir, serve

commercial dog food ( these are the ones m giving mine as of now)

Simply right (savory cuts in gravy)#280
Purina alpo (prime cuts)#280
Corn beef#300
jojo premium #295
dog mor (dry)#1000

*last advice, make sure you give your pet multivitamins daily to aid good muscle toning and appetite, I give mine vetzyme B plus E. and also code liver oil( for shiny coats and healthy skin)
*deworm monthly
...im really lucky not to have a picky dog...my dog(5months female rott)ates any thing ..she eats jojo,royal canin,diamond and others then she also eats rice,beans,garri,yam etc..im planing on getting Eucanuba dog food specially formulated for rott
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by Mckandre(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
miremoses:
...im really lucky not to have a picky dog...my dog(5months female rott)ates any thing ..she eats jojo,royal canin,diamond and others then she also eats rice,beans,garri,yam etc..im planing on getting Eucanuba dog food specially formulated for rott
yea i bet, but rotts are born with great appetite than a GSD, GSDs are always picky with food at early stage, with time it might become a big problem if not well monitored and nurtured. the only time you see a GSD eating well,is when faced with a rival(competition) or if theirs another dog living in same house with it. i ve tried alot kibbles with my GSD, but it seems she never gets along with any of those so i switched to raw chicken. when you get the Eucanuba food,dont fail to share the pics and testmonies, this actually my first time hearing of that product.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by Mckandre(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
miremoses:
..u mean u bought all dis for #1050...pls where u dey buy am..im intrested
check out celebrities and shoprite,be advised it requires strict negotiation if you most get somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by chrisblack1234: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Sorry boss, the chicken will last u for how many days?
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by oyeyipow(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mckandre:
check out celebrities and shoprite,be advised it requires strict negotiation if you most get somewhere.

Shoprite don't sell their waste, they dispose under strict supervision. If you're in Abuja tho, pls I'll like to talk to u to know how u get ds. Need for my dog too.
Re: Share Your Pets Diet Both Commercial And Homemade Recipes by theyongest: 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
oyeyipow:

Shoprite don't sell their waste, they dispose under strict supervision. If you're in Abuja tho, pls I'll like to talk to u to know how u get ds. Need for my dog too.

Don't ask for waste, ask for pet mince, beef (or pork or lamb) bones for dogs, chicken bones and/or chicken backs.

(1) (Reply)

Adult Female German Shepherd For Sale / Pure Breed Cute Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale / I Need Advice, My German Shepherd Just Littered 7puppies(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.