Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,093 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:45 AM

How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory (6801 Views)

Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by iniobong888(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
There is a high rate of consumption of eggs and chicken and that is a sector that can be exploited. Poultry farmers can’t do without feeding their chicken timely, because it is an asset that lay the golden egg. The market for poultry feed is large and waiting.
An entrepreneur can venture into feed production even when you don’t have a factory of your own. As a matter of fact this should a testing ground for your business. So how do you get started?
First Stage : KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge is very important in this business, without it, your is continuity in the business is threaten. First of all you must have a proven feed formula that has been tested and it is sure that it can answer to the farmers need. If you don’t have you can buy, yes I say buy from the millers, feed production company, consulting companies. The will sell to you, you just need to know how to negotiate and get what you want.
Second step: MARKETING: you need to find poultry famers who are ready to buy your feed. It is vital that you find buyers (poultry farmers) first before you go in to production. Failure to do so would amount to tying down your capital.
Third Stage: MILLING: with your proven formula, get the basic raw materials that are needed and proceed to the millers, you can struck an understanding with them and they will always mill for you anything you show up. The milling will be done according to your formula. Your need to be very observant at this stage and be present when milling is done to make sure that your formula is strictly adhere to .
Fourth stage: BRANDING: there are companies that will brand your sack for you, because this help you build a brand early, even without have your own factory, so if you poultry feeds is quite good and demand is rising there is need to protect your brand .

There is always days of little beginning, if your proven formula is actually genuine and it is resulting in increase in demand of your feed then you will be getting your machines in place. it is a business that you can start with outsourcing production and then you build your structure . You can even start with the buyers funds.

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by FarmTech(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Do u have any sample feed fmla?
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by iniobong888(m): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2014
FarmTech: Do u have any sample feed fmla?
Yes and for what type of bird ?
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by obstead200(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
iniobong888:

There is a high rate of consumption of eggs and chicken and that is a sector that can be exploited. Poultry farmers can’t do without feeding their chicken timely, because it is an asset that lay the golden egg. The market for poultry feed is large and waiting.
An entrepreneur can venture into feed production even when you don’t have a factory of your own. As a matter of fact this should a testing ground for your business. So how do you get started?
First Stage : KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge is very important in this business, without it, your is continuity in the business is threaten. First of all you must have a proven feed formula that has been tested and it is sure that it can answer to the farmers need. If you don’t have you can buy, yes I say buy from the millers, feed production company, consulting companies. The will sell to you, you just need to know how to negotiate and get what you want.
Second step: MARKETING: you need to find poultry famers who are ready to buy your feed. It is vital that you find buyers (poultry farmers) first before you go in to production. Failure to do so would amount to tying down your capital.
Third Stage: MILLING: with your proven formula, get the basic raw materials that are needed and proceed to the millers, you can struck an understanding with them and they will always mill for you anything you show up. The milling will be done according to your formula. Your need to be very observant at this stage and be present when milling is done to make sure that your formula is strictly adhere to .
Fourth stage: BRANDING: there are companies that will brand your sack for you, because this help you build a brand early, even without have your own factory, so if you poultry feeds is quite good and demand is rising there is need to protect your brand .

There is always days of little beginning, if your proven formula is actually genuine and it is resulting in increase in demand of your feed then you will be getting your machines in place. it is a business that you can start with outsourcing production and then you build your structure . You can even start with the buyers funds.

all this keyboard farmers who write very long articles without actually saying anything helpful. Next thing we will see now is 'buy my ebook'

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by jamp: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
obstead200: all this keyboard farmers who write very long articles without actually saying anything helpful. Next thing we will see now is 'buy my ebook'

you are on point. Lets wait and see.
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by FarmTech(m): 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
iniobong888:
Yes and for what type of bird ?
For layers and broiler. I'll appreciate the info a lot!
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by iniobong888(m): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
obstead200: all this keyboard farmers who write very long articles without actually saying anything helpful. Next thing we will see now is 'buy my ebook'

It pays to read what has been written and not make a fool of yourself .
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by obstead200(m): 11:27am On Nov 06, 2015
iniobong888:

It pays to read what has been written and not make a fool of yourself .
so what exactly did u actually write? U wrote a lot of grammar without passing across a single know-how
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by amanda2013(f): 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
Feed for layers
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by kengeorge: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2015
feed formular for laying birds ,

maize 500 kg

soyabean meal 200 kg

Full fat soya 20kg

Wheat Offal 144 kg

Limestone 100 kg

Bonemeal 25 kg

Layer premix 2.5 kg

Metheonine 2 kg

Lysin 2 kg

Salt 3.5 kg

Toxin binder 1 kg

the formular is for 1 ton (1000 kg) of layer feed = 40 bags

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by Davidifeanyi: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2015
kengeorge:
feed formular for laying birds ,

maize 500 kg

soyabean meal 200 kg

Full fat soya 20kg

Wheat Offal 144 kg

Limestone 100 kg

Bonemeal 25 kg

Layer premix 2.5 kg

Metheonine 2 kg

Lysin 2 kg

Salt 3.5 kg

Toxin binder 1 kg

the formular is for 1 ton (1000 kg) of layer feed = 40 bags

Enjoy.

I so much appreciate your good work Sir.
Pls can you give me the formula for BROILER, FISH & THURKEY?
Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by gabarik: 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
i have a 2ton feedmill but very skeptical to start. because i cant get raw materials at the moment. any ideas where i can get raw materials for layers.
Re: How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory by sehisagro: 11:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt

(1) (Reply)

Cocoa, Cashew And Coffee Improved Seedlings For Sale / 20 Acres Of Virgin Farmland By Water In Ogun State. / Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.