Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

NIIT Scholarship - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIIT Scholarship (20308 Views)

NIIT Releases Her 16th NIIT Scholarship Exam Result 2015 / NIIT Scholarship Past Questions And ANSWERS ( Help Needed) / Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIIT Scholarship by DesmondO1: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2008
Hmmm! Don't go for the test except your're ready for the kind of experience i had.

I'm presently studying at NIIT-Java Programming and it has been terrible from day one. The scholarship is a waiver off what you're meant to pay so you would actually be paying!

What irritates me the most is that most NIIT branches are run like businesses. They're more interested in the fees than in giving you what you came for. I remember when i went for their presentation after i got the scholarship. After the presentation, i had some questions to ask one of their counsellors and the lady didn't want to answer till i paid the 5k acceptance fee.

More annoying is the fact that i've had about 6 faculties(or lecturers) since i started the course and presently the guy that teaches it sucks! I've been reading the books and that was what made me score 93% in my first module exams.

If you want to go to NIIT.then be prepared. They would give excuses for their many mistakes but when time to pay your installmental fees come,your dead father's story(as the case may be) would not even make tham bulge.

It's a good place since they're recognised by leaders in the IT industry-Microsoft,Oracle etc but make sure you don't expect much.

Any way i am almost done with the course and i can say it was a long boring nine(9) months studying Java Programming.Imagine,they even told us six(6) months when we started.

Brothers, no let o-show-free catch you. Be on the look out!
Re: NIIT Scholarship by moHot(f): 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
am totally speechless
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Idagu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2008
Thanks to all the nairalanders that have contributed on this issue.

I want to enquire if the programme can be run on part-time basis, because I work and won't be able to cope with full time and if it, would it make sense compared to someone running a full time thing?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by lilsept: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hi is this niit scholarship what courses does it entails and how do you get to become a part of it
Re: NIIT Scholarship by 702: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2008
Guyz d truth is dont bother urself readin 4 it, just tick d options anyhow n definitely dey will call u 4 an interV. they need ur money!!!!

a friend of mine in 05 ticked uselessly n dey still kalled him!!
Itz not a scholarship just a discount like 25%!

Wen u talk bout scholarships u mention PTDF, Exxxonmobil n d rest alike!!
Re: NIIT Scholarship by DesmondO1: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hmmm! Don't go for the test except your're ready for the kind of experience i had.

I'm presently studying at NIIT-Java Programming and it has been terrible from day one. The scholarship is a waiver off what you're meant to pay so you would actually be paying!

What irritates me the most is that most NIIT branches are run like businesses. They're more interested in the fees than in giving you what you came for. I remember when i went for their presentation after i got the scholarship. After the presentation, i had some questions to ask one of their counsellors and the lady didn't want to answer till i paid the 5k acceptance fee.

More annoying is the fact that i've had about 6 faculties(or lecturers) since i started the course and presently the guy that teaches it sucks! I've been reading the books and that was what made me score 93% in my first module exams.

If you want to go to NIIT.then be prepared. They would give excuses for their many mistakes but when time to pay your installmental fees come,your dead father's story(as the case may be) would not even make them budge.

It's a good place since they're recognised by leaders in the IT industry-Microsoft,Oracle etc but make sure you don't expect much.

Any way i am almost done with the course and i can say it was a long boring nine(9) months studying Java Programming.Imagine,they even told us six(6) months when we started.

Brothers, no let o-show-free catch you. Be on the look out!
Re: NIIT Scholarship by jaydude(f): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
has any one ever run a program@ karrox?? pls hint me on how good. niit fees are just too high!
Re: NIIT Scholarship by jaydude(f): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2008
apart from their fees being too high, they are operating on past glory, i am presently running a basic program there,enviroment is conducive fine, but their instructors just read from the textbooks, i am scared of doin my professionals there, their fees is too big to risk any rubbish
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Idagu(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2008
Does NIIT run its programmes on part time basis?
Re: NIIT Scholarship by jaydude(f): 1:18am On Jul 10, 2008
yes they do run part time programs idagu
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Tophin(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2008
dual core
thanks 4 that piece of talk. am really intrested in that British open university for my online program. can u pls kindly get me the details of it. or their web site. here is my mail tomashng@yahoo.com or if u are on messenger can we talk?/ 08055145802 or 08063615998 is my fone number
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Idagu(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2008
thanks Jadude for your reply. I am grateful.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by chamber2(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2008
hello nairalanders,
i enrolled 4 NIIT training ,but i wanted to register 4 oracle but they told me that there is no space now unless by january.But i really need the programe now.They advised me to go for MCSE(microsoft certified system engeer).I studied Economics in my first degree.
Do you think it is wise going for this option?

I need ur advise urgently

Chamber
Re: NIIT Scholarship by olokun(m): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2008
kudos to you guys
Re: NIIT Scholarship by tithe(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2010
I really dont understnd the trend u guyz follow but it tot we were meant to be contacted somehow 4 the interview.In Gods name,is this stuff geniune.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by chukwudi06(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
its scam my dear, i wrote the same exam during my service year in Kano, in 2006, and made A++ yet i was told to pay 145,000 then.
Anyway there is no harm in trial.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Harus(m): 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
I wrote d scholarship exam August 2010.
I went to their office @ Ikeja to check my rsult.
I only saw my name on d pass list; No scores!

These are d courses with their amount they offered me for Network engineering:
Courses Amount(without scholarship) Amount(with scholarship)
A+(OS & Hardware repairs) N90,600 N40,000
N+ (Networking) N60,000 N40,000
MCTP - Server 2008 N175,000 N125,000
CCNA - LAN, WAN, Routing N125,000 N99,000

I asked them to check my scores to see whether the prices would get less base on my scores but to my surprise,
NIIT said I shuld forget about my scores, that these prices are the least grin grin grin
Immediately I realise dat d exams are just for formalities. Its of no use.

I want to have a cert on IT sha so I will do 1 of d courses but I'm confused. I dont know which 1 to do.
Besides, they look expensive.
Pls I need advice.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by bigfat05: 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
cheap universities in EUROPE ....

[size=15pt]M.Sc. Embedded Systems Engineering - University of Freiburg - Freiburg, Germany - Start date: Apr 2013 - Oct 2013 -Tuition Fee: € 210 per year -uration: 24 months

M.Sc. Electrical Engineering and Sustainable Development - Université Lille 1 Sciences et Technologies - Lille, France - Start date: Sep 2013 -Tuition Fee: € 250 per year -Duration: 12 months

M.Sc. Information Technology - Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences - Lemgo, Germany - Start date: Aug 2013 / Sep 2013-Tuition Fee: € 350 per year -Duration: 24 months

M.Sc. Electrical Energy & Mobility Systems - Fachhochschule Kärnten (Campus Spittal) - Spittal an der Drau, Austria - Start date: Oct 2013 -Tuition Fee: € 726 per year -Duration:4 months

M.Sc. Electrical Power Engineering - RWTH Aachen University - Aachen, Germany - Start date: Oct 2013 -Tuition Fee: € 1,000 per year -Duration: 24 months [/size]

for more you can email me on bigfatcafe at hot mail dot com
Re: NIIT Scholarship by daraghdave: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Re: NIIT Scholarship by JamiCole: 12:38pm On May 17, 2019
The period before exams is always difficult. If you have a paper writing exam, you can prepare for this exam with the help of the best sociology essay writing service https://proessaywritings.com/sociology-essay.html which not only offers writing services for students but also checking papers services.
Re: NIIT Scholarship by Shallykid: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2021
I just applied for NIIT scholarship program but I need to know how the test is been conducted from those that have written the exam earlier
Re: NIIT Scholarship by OSDD(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Shallykid:
I just applied for NIIT scholarship program but I need to know how the test is been conducted from those that have written the exam earlier

Abeg how you take apply?
Re: NIIT Scholarship by LadyJackie: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
I recommend you enroll elsewhere. NIIT isn't worth it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Info On Pti,warri Admission / Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) / Federal Polytechnic, Offa 2012/2013 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.