Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize (3203 Views)

Yoruba Rap Wannabes/learners And Everything In Between / Yoruba Rap War / M.i Diss-lyric,verse 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by bagajiya: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Africanhiphop.com is working on a new project in which bilingual emcees play a central role. A concept track was recorded and we're sharing the rough mix here. The lyric by K01 is in Yoruba and the sampled intro (70s/80s heads will remember) is, too.

We'll send 5000 Naira (to be paid via Western Union) to the person that comes up with the best translation of the full lyric + the intro.

You can post your version of the lyrics translation in this thread. If you win & if we republish the translation on Africanhiphop.com we'll mention your name in the credit.

Tentative title of the song is 'ile' but you may suggest a better title.

Here is the mp3 - right-click to download... good luck!

http://www.africanhiphop.com/downloads/K01%20-%20Ile.mp3
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by dytbabe: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
Shoefreak
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by sainty2k3(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2014
U'll ,mention my name, or I'll get the money cheesy
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by afrikanhh: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2014
@sainty2k3

Hi,if your translation is deemed to approximate the meaning and context of the language then you will get

1)Credit for the translation by being duly named
2)A sum of N5000(Five thousand naira only) which will be sent to you or anybody who can translate accordingly by W.U,Moneygram or any viable fund transfer medium from Europe.

*Please note that in the spirit of fair play,we would appreciate it if you could post your translations on this thread,anybody can edit it accordingly by way of feedback if you make any errors or to point out if the meaning is wrong.Thanks for looking.

One.
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 13, 2014
Noted#

dytbabe: Shoefreak
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2014
Okay. Na try I dey o. Let's see.

Intro:
Oderinde: Fadeyi Oloro! The baddest don! The baddest evil man ever liveth! One man battalion!
Fadeyi: Oderinde
Oderinde: Yes, boss!
Fadeyi: I went and I conquered.
Oderinde: respect, boss! I trust you!
Fadeyi: I said I went and I conquered them all with dignity unshaking. I fukked them up and I messed them up like a pig in a sty. They all cowered and even their top crew members scampered off in different directions. And they saaid they were aving a stupid gig.
Oderinde: were they high? Do they know who they were messing with?
Faderi: I looked at their so called baby and had the urge to put pullets in that piece of sh*t.

ONE:
Am I to rap or chant incantations/ my style is different from that of the mcs that eavesdrop before they can drop their weak lines/i bet that's why they just a bunch of fatsos/i'm in a league of my own above the textcess who knows their onions/ leave the loser, he just a doubting thomas/lyrical fadeyi is here, and im taking over your building/enemies y'all can't match this fiery sh*t, it sure stings/ If enemies disrespect me, imma turn them into pieces of dog bait/im the one with the right words for the right crowd and all d rappers that wanna learn/ as a sign, I even got myself crowned/

Chorus:
Now, y'all should come out and live long.
Haters, stick to your cage and die young.

But, I'm sorry, they all wanna know me/ even your girlfriend don dey cut eye for me/I have a bad mouth, ask fadeyi about me/ yes, i'm the lyrical rabid dog, y'all don't want to cross me/

Bridge:
Those who said I won't make it (ile)
Shall be squished in d ground like sandwich (ile)
Tell them to come out and live long.
Or they can stick to their cages and die young! (repeat bridge)

Two:
All the way since early nineties that I had started rapping/ they laughed at me, but now on their knees, they are all begging/but i no dey show them mercy, as i'm a lyrical machine/ I swear no be lie, y'all can't test me,/you'd better think fast and go make photocopies/ go ask king saka, so don't slack with your girlfriend/ cos no offense, i'm just a Woman wrapper/i came, I saw and I finally conquered/ I have been called fadeyi's son/ and them heirs to abijawara, the so-called baddest rapper/
I'm the rapper who wear the local fashion/ in which I rap for the adults in the field in yoruba language/ some even said I'm damned local/from naija to Canada, lyrically dis guy ain't normal/just give me a sick beat and my rap comes out like I'm abnormal/making peeps eat them up like spicy sharwarma/now tell those chicks up front to come over and eat my banana/

BRI[b][/b]DGE

Three:
I'm a no six-packs Jesus/but my rap has bad ass muscles/don't even doubt it cos it may turn you loco/ i'm a one man armed squad, I don't need soldiers/ tell those haters to do me a favor and munch a jar of soda/ rugged yoruba rapping, fresh all the way from lasgidi/i tell you no curse can overcome this mini god/ when I'm it, i'm in it, and my rap is sweet like tanfiri/ that even your girlfriend don dey feel me/ your swag is all about hennessy, niqqas, that's what I drink when I'm weary/ niqqa duck, when I show my swag in ankara/as i don't care about prada, golce and gabanna/this is what I was born with/i'm as traditional as a fine buba and wrapper/k01 is the chosen king as it is overseas/ they gulp me down like I'm vanilla hot cake/ its like enemies had boasted that I wasn't gonna make it/but y'all look at the losers now, I'm their Moses to the promised land.

BRIDEGE
Chorus

@afrikanhh

YeaYeaNot
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by afrikanhh: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
@yeyenatu

Big up yourself!

Your interpretation was interesting and the floor is open to others to validate or challenge its accuracy.The body of hip hop doesn't have enough female's representing so this was a nice change indeed.While the menfolk were napping ,you stepped up to the plate immediately-Nice!Let's see how this goes...

One.
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
They are busy with their bawls. grin

Thanks btw. Just trying out the skills. I'm new.

YeaYeaNot

afrikanhh: @yeyenatu

Big up yourself!

Your interpretation was interesting and the floor is open to others to validate or challenge its accuracy.The body of hip hop doesn't have enough female's representing so this was a nice change indeed.While the menfolk were napping ,you stepped up to the plate immediately-Nice!Let's see how this goes...

One.
Re: Contest: Translating Yoruba Rap Lyric - Win Cash Prize by whorocks: 6:38am On Jul 30, 2022
You guys haven't heard the best rap lyrics in the history of naija rap. As a matter of fact in the history of naija raps in pidgin, English and Yoruba. It's an entertaining song by an artist named "He Rocks", the title of the song is "Action Plan". It can be found on almost all digital platforms including Amazon, itunes, boomplay, tidal, soundcloud, youtube etc. I think he is underrated and deserves a chance to not only be heard but perhaps secure a record deal also.

(1) (Reply)

Down To The Wire: Elymaxiimus Vs Limerick / snoop dogg is a fulani / ********WARCRAFT: XENOPHOBIA II (Streetwize V Sauron)*********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.