|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,992,928 members, 7,291,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 February 2023 at 11:53 AM
|Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 12:26am On Jul 13, 2014|
Life's unanswered questions...
Great questions to ponder over (great conversation starters!)
1. What's the difference between a novel and a book?
2. How old are you before it can be said you died of old age?
3. If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?
4. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
5. If you pamper a cow, do you get spoiled milk?
6. Why do we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?
7. If they have angel food cake on earth, do they have people food cake in
heaven?(don't start a war over that, its just a joke!)
8. If a doctor suddenly died while doing surgery, would the other doctors work on the doctor or the patient?
9. Why do we say we're head over heels when we're happy? Isn't that the way
we normally are?
10. If bald people work as chefs in a restaurant,do they have to wear hairnets?
11. Why do sleeping pills have warning labels that state :'Caution: May Cause Drowsiness'?
12. If there's a wheelchair-bound comedian, is it still called "stand-up"?
13. When the French swear do they say pardon my English?
14. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
15. Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are
16. Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
17. Why do they call someone "late" if they died early?
18. If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?
19. Why are red buttons always the most important?
20. Why does every Abraham Lincoln impersonator sound the same, even though there are no known audio recordings of the man?
21. How come people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can. Yet the
moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up?
22. Could someone be addicted to counseling? If so, how would you treat them?
23. Why are elderly people often called "old people" but children are never called "new people"?
24. Can you slam a revolving door?
25. Can a cross-eyed teacher control his pupils?
26. What happens if you get a paper cut from a Get Well card?
27. Can you read a picture book?
28. Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?
29. Is eating a mermaid considered cannibalism?
30. If mirrors need light to work, what happens if you put night vision goggles on in the dark and look at a mirror?
31. If you're on an American airline, and you land in Canada and stay on the plane, is the drinking age still 21 or does it change to 19?
32. What shape is the sky?
33. If a Jewish person goes to court and is asked to put their right hand on the Bible, do they use a Torah instead? (again, don't start a war over that)
34. Why is it written "May contain traces of peanuts or other kind of nuts" on
peanut butter jars. Are people dumb enough not to realize it themselves?
35. If you only have one eye...are you blinking or winking?
36. If you have a gun and you ask, "can I ask you a question?" and they say "fire away" should you shoot them?
37. Why is it called the People's Republic Of China when China's not a republic?
38. Whenever an adult is kidnapped why isn't it called adultnapped?
39. Why is it that people duck in the rain, do they really think the rain won't hit them?
40. Why isn't the caps lock capitalized?
41. If someone with a nostril ring takes it out, then blows their nose, do they have to cover that hole as well as their nostril holes so that snot doesn't blow out everywhere?
42. Isn't it weird that if you rearrange the word "teacher" you get "cheater"?
43. How come whenever you start to sing, you automatically sing in a higher
voice than you talk?
44. How come people say they ate the last piece of gum, when they really just chew it?
45. You know the saying "throw ya hands in the air like ya don't care"? why
bother doing that if you don't care?
47. Why is there no pine or apple in pineapple?
48. Why do water bottles have a "best if used by" date?
49. Why can the saying "it's all downhill from here." mean both that it will be easy and that it is going to get worse?
50. Why do "cool" and "hot" mean the same thing?
51. If you sneeze and fart at the same time, does a vacuum form in your
52. Why does triangularly cut bread taste better than square bread?
53. Does a baby feel the umbilical cord being cut off?
54. Is it legal to name your kid "Anonymous"?
55. Why can't liquor freeze?
56. Why do people squint their eyes when they can't see? Wouldn't that just make it less space to see out of?
57. How old does something have to be to become an antique?
58. Can a school teacher give a homeless child homework?
59. Do babies produce more spit than adults?
60. If conjoined twins participate in sports, do they count as one or two players?
61. Why do mattresses have designs on them when they're always covered with sheets?
62. If you died with braces on would they take them off?
63. If a person suffered from amnesia and then was cured would they remember that they forgot?
64. Why is Joey short for Joe, when Joey has more letters?
65. If you were a pastor, and you were getting married, would you hire a pastor, or would you do the wedding yourself?
66. If someone tells you not to be your self, who should you be?
67. Are there seeing eye humans for blind dogs?
68. You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
69. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
70. Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
71. Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
72. Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards?
73. Why is the word "abbreviate" so long?
74. Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?
75. Why is it when two planes almost hit each other it is called a "near miss"?
76. Why is it called a TV "set" when you only get one?
77. Why is a pair of underwear one item?
78. Why is it called a "building" when it is already built?
79. Why do women wear evening gowns to go out at night? Shouldn't they be
wearing night gowns?
80. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
81. Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
82. Olive oil is made out of olives, and peanut oil is made out of peanuts. What is baby oil made out of?!
83. If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
84. If someone leads but no one follows... are they just out for a walk?
85. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
86. Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?
87. Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?
88. Why is there only one word for "thesaurus"?
89. Why do you press harder on a remote-control when you know the battery is dead?
90. Since Americans throw rice at weddings, do orientals throw hamburgers?
91. Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together? They should be called togetherments.
92. Why do people without a watch look at their wrist when you ask them what time it is?
93. Why is the alphabet in that order?
94. If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is
expanding, what is it expanding into?
95. If you got into a taxi and the driver started driving backward, would the taxi driver end up owing you money?
96. What would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?
97. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?
98. Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
99. Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosylabic"?
100. Why do scientists call it research when looking for something new?
101. Why is it, when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open, it's not adoor?
102. How come Superman could stop bullets with his chest, but always ducked when someone threw a gun at him?
103. If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
104. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
105. Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
106. Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
107. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
108. Should you trust a stockbroker who's married to a travel agent?
109. I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help
section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
110. If all those psychics know the winning lottery numbers, why are they all still working?
111. Sooner or later, doesn't EVERYONE stop smoking?
112. If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
113. If the funeral procession is at night, do people drive with their lights off?
114. If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
115. If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
116. If the police arrest a mime-artist, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
117. Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?
118. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
119. Is there another word for synonym?
120. Why do people of a particular tribe in Nigeria work hard making money from January to December only to squander everything on Christmas Day?
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 13, 2014|
Are you serious? 120 questions. Na jamb? Even jamb is 50.
I actually have convincing answers to all the questions, life has no mystery, nothing is unanswerable but I can't type 120 answers to reply 120 questions. Im no longer jobless. Just incase uve not heard ASUP has called of the stike so Wednesday morning, I dey Yabatech
But to proff it I will answer the first 10
1. Novel is a TYPE/Class of Book
3. Its left for the onwers of the movie to decide if the movie but normally it should be NO.
4. Because of absence of Air
5. No. Actually you get more healthy milk
6. I dont really understand this question but trust me if I do, there is an answer.
7. Nothing flesh in heaven which includes Food. Spirits dont eat!
8. They cant abandon one so the other doctors would split. While the collapsed doctor would be moved to another ward. Part works on the patient part works on the doctor. The cant be less than 5 doctors in an hospital that does surgery
9. Its an idiom but any way when ure not happy you head most times faces down. So when ur happy your is always upright being over ur heels. I hope u get.
10. In every desert there is an oasis. Well its uniform its not about hair or not
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by Dygeasy(m): 1:43am On Jul 13, 2014|
^^^Giving answers to those questions is unnecessary and pointless. Even your answers sef
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 2:15am On Jul 13, 2014|
runzlord: Are you serious? 120 questions. Na jamb? Even jamb is 50.None of your answers is convincing.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 2:17am On Jul 13, 2014|
Dygeasy: ^^^Giving answers to those questions is unnecessary and pointless. Even your answers sefThe cat that knows all ends up sitting on a hot stove.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 13, 2014|
Dygeasy: ^^^Giving answers to those questions is unnecessary and pointless. Even your answers sefI see
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 13, 2014|
The Man that knows none. Ends up poor
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 2:36am On Jul 13, 2014|
runzlord:Some dark corners are better left in gloom.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 13, 2014|
LarrySun:U only have dark corners cos of lack of ability to light up ur world
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2014|
runzlord:I'm not crossing swords with you, bro. Chill out.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2014|
Too many questions!
I lost focus after the first score or so, and whilst scrolling down out of curiosity, became increasingly deflated and eventually gave up hope! It is Sunday morning for goodness sake Larry!
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2014|
Efemenaxy1: Too many questions!
Hi Efe!!! Where've you been? Missed you a bunch!
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2014|
I'm good Larry. Hope you are too.
Just waiting on you and Mazi to bring back some va-va-voom to creative writing in the Lit section.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2014|
Efemenaxy1: Lol!Will have to contact Chief Mazi about that. However, Dygeasy is creating something in relation to writers collaboration. Mazi has opted in; it'd be great to have you there as well.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014|
What's the theme? Yours was based on detective(ism) ... assuming such a word exists!
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2014|
This is the discussion thread:www.nairaland.com/1792128/nairaland-story-season-2-discussion
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2014|
Okay, will have a look...
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Efemenaxy1: Okay, will have a look...
Did you open a new account?
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Nope same as before. My username is a victim of Seun's newly written, non-acceptance of non-alphanumric username code.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Efemenaxy1:Yeah, the hyphen in my own username was murdered the same way. I like the other Efemena better.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Yeah, I did too.
Anyway, why not embark on the part 2 of your collaboration thread? Or better still, open up a new one with a different theme to it? The success from the first one should be a motivating factor to you in setting up another one...
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by LarrySun(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Efemenaxy1: Yeah, I did too.I'm thinking, perhaps, after Dygeasy's.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by EfemenaXY: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2014|
Why after? Why not side-by-side?
It's not like you'll be poaching writers off him. Infact, variety is the spice of life. Give us choices jare. I'd rather do similar work to what you offered with your collaboration thread than to write about other users. I'm quite certain I'm not the only one with this opinion.
|Re: Life's Unanswered Questions by don33310(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2014|
LarrySun: Life's unanswered questions...Nice write up
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 303