Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66814 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Akshow: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2014
checkdate: I Dont Understand.
na night school u attend? And to think u had to quote all the write up to say this. Common run along jare. This na thread for people wey get sense.

7 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Onyenna(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2014
ShirelleBaby: WHO IS WIN?brother,I give up!!
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin ..... grin grin .... I tried ignoring that comment but sister, you just made a brother fall from a mango tree this morning!!!! grin grin ***faints***

10 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by stint(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2014
You neglected to mention that French and Germany are two different nations. Maybe yoruba and ibo ought to be two different nations too.. dont u think it ll help?

12 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Damyion(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Standard007: Igbo kwenu!!!!!
Nwosu, gbe enu re soun joor!

33 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Nice. The online ethnic fights have always baffled me. I sometimes want to believe its all in jest. In real life, I've had the most amazing relationship with Yoruba people. My extended family has inter-married with Yorubas, and 6 of my nephews and nieces are half-Yoruba.

Again, nice. May we learn to ignore the few bigots we have on both sides.

28 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by boombay(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2014
yeah... dahz true.. and besides all nairalanders dah hate olamide are all igboz! grin
# haters wil hate!

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2014
Best analysed article I have read on Nairaland for a while. Though the Obas and Igwes of ethnic bigotry lane will not support my view.

As youths born after the civil war, we owe a lot to our country, we need to make things right.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2014
So...i guess we yoruba can be TOM, and Ibos can keep JERRY...Fair enough

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

I find this thread offensive to ndi Igbos. angry

We dont have any relationship whatsoever with the Yorubas. angry

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.
go and sleep. bigot.

54 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by MZdamola(f): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2014
On the
surface, they seem to be friends, because you
rarely hear of any clashes or killings between the
two in over 100 years.
U say dis as if its a bad tin... They are not meant to fight now... D world ought to be peaceful

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Decryptor(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2014
Rilamaka: This post almost brought tears to my eyes as I was once in love with a yoruba corper. Distance played a major factor but we are still very good friends.

I think the good relationship between the Igbos and Yorubas surpasses the bad relationship, becbause the bad relationship seems to exist solely on social media platform, while Igbo - Yoruba forged relationships are raking in millions everyday, this is evident in our Nigeria entertainment industry.

Only sad, hateful, failed people tend to curse each other out on social media.

This here is what I am talking about. An igbo girl will stu.pid.ly date an ohemmanu guy and even marry him only to later find out after having 2 kids that she is the 6th wife the man married and her kids are the 27th and 28th children the man has. Jisenu ike!

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by freshness2020: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2014
ShirelleBaby: WHO IS WIN?brother,I give up!!
Don't give up dear, it is not over until it is over!
Lol!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by fr3do(m): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2014
MidaxPhoenix:
An average Igbo respects a yoruba for his intellectual prowess while the yorubas respect the igbos for entrepreneurial skills...

intellectual prowess my yansh!
Ndiofe are just overrated because of prof, come to my school Uniben, Igbos always come out best.

16 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by amnestylaw1(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2014
itsIYKE: Yoruba pple descendants of apes,ugly moafckers

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear"- Martin Luther King Jr

32 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by freshness2020: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: And who is/will win? grin grin grin
Gbagaun since 1759

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by tuffgongjo(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2014

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.
Myopic

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Abuklaw(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2014
The op make sense to some extent. Yes, some extent. Why should he portray Lagos an empty place when igbos left for their respective village. What i'm insinuating here is that he literarily make it seems lagos can't survive in absentia of the igbos. And that is utter crap.

Lagos like major cities in the world need no ethnic group to survive because their denizens comprise not less than 10 ethnic groups in the world.

26 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Decryptor(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2014
victorazy:

Am an Igbo man but I don't like what u said!

A yoruba man has done something to you before bro. Go to the South West and live with them for like a year then come back and testify

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: what is the meaning of all these?

Spacebooking
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by boombay(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
They keep on hatinq yoruba artistes and actors and actresses even yoruba politicians..... buh all the same m a yoruba boy but i love my iqbo brotherz!
iqbo kwenu!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Decryptor:

This here is what I am talking about. An igbo girl will stu.pid.ly date an ohemmanu guy and even marry him only to later find out after having 2 kids that she is the 6th wife the man married and her kids are the 27th and 28th children the man has. Jisenu ike!

Nwanne m, why are you so full of hate. You can't choose the person to fall in love with.

And so if he has 2 million wives? And 700 million children? How am I supposed to know if he doesn't tell me? Am I omnipotent, omnipresent or omniscience?
Is it my fault that I fell in love with a man who decided to lie to me? Am I responsible for his deceitful ways?

Ka m jukwala gi, in your entire life can you swear by Amadioha that you have never lied to or decieved a girl?

Gini ka I na - akodi ihe a?

38 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by dontai(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2014
Thanks @ op, u're clearing my semi sayo eyes.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2014
Its obvious you're thinking with your "moniker"

24 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014

I feel your pain brotherly. But we need to move on.

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by itsIYKE(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=amnestylaw1]

"I have

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by amnestylaw1(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
bigfrancis21: Please, there should be no tribalism on this thread.

Sadly, there is...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.