Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66813 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by fr3do(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
boombay: yeah... dahz true.. and besides all nairalanders dah hate olamide are all igboz! grin
# haters wil hate!

what is there to like in that uncultured agbero?!

By the way, have u listened to some Phyno lately?

9 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Yoruba are Yoruba we are not French only a confused man does not know his father.One day he is Jew another day he is German.Yoruba are self assured about being Yoruba and do not need external validation or approval. Instead people come from far and wide to Yorubaland for spiritual enlightenment and fortification. We are not in rivalry with anyone. We know where we are going and how to get there and are already on our way on our terms and time scale.We have nothing to prove to anyone. Those who are confused about who they are should sort themselves out

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
itsIYKE: Nd ur own brain is dat of a slug,ugly,cowardly, smelly,ngbatic piece of sh1t,
You are beginning to sound lame bro, why don't you just go ruminate on grass for a while till your stupidity cools off. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by gratiaeo(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Imagine Igbo competing and even outshine Yoruba with their 20pound after civil war.
Just 43 yrs after civil war that ravaged the whole of Igbo land. God you are so great!
My all glory, all honor be given unto your holy name. Amen!!!

22 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2014
Chai! It is on threads like this you see the reason why Nigeria is how it is. cry
Senseless bigotry everywhere. angry
Great article, OP.

11 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by kulobyno: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2014
so true. the two tribes hardly trust each other. the yorubas feel uncomfortable with Igbo man's thriving enterprising wits. An Igbo man can come into a Yoruba settlement and see what they are not seeing and turn it into a lucrative legit business amd make money out of his host settlement.

Yorubas often believe an Ibo man is too cunny in business. The Ibo believes the Yoruba is lazy and always want to reap where they didnt sow.
The two tend to be very much alert whenever the other tribe gets involved in any matter, they usually look beyond the surface of each others actions and inactions yet they find themselves unconsciously crossing each others path in everyday dealings.

But surprisingly their intertribal marriage works.

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by basilo101: 8:34am On Jul 14, 2014
kingthreat: Please don't ever compete the Igbos to the great Yoruba nation. The greatness and achievements of the Yoruba people far outnumbers the Ibos. The Ibos never had a civilization. They were never known for great military tactics. It's only in their land that "Things Fell Apart" like Ashebe had to write a book about.
I rather we compare the Yorubas with the Hausas/Fulanis. As for the part of the country where it is normal to sell children for money, kindly separate us from them. Thank you.
2014 is not 1000BC

7 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by soldierdollar(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2014
BadBoy25: who has the time to read through all these Long Gibberish ? seeing the Long write up already made me lose interest . you guys need to learn to summarize your post, no one has time to waste .
what is the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba? is it bad or Good ? make it straightforward instead of composing a Novel . Time is Money .

Patience is a virtue . The article is not for everybody to read

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Blockus: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2014
tuffgongjo: Myopic

I know right.

Imagine if I delved deeper into the evil that is the Yorubas, this thread would come alive. Those Westerners are fetish, wicked, two-faced, evil, malicious, back-stabbing, no-good, ....... Loading more negative adjectives to qualify the Yorubas..

angry

8 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by cashkidisback1(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Another E-war about to start
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by elected(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2014
superior1: Outside Nigeria, I even regard Ghanaians as my brothers

you will know how wrong you are some day. Better be careful bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Blockus: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2014
slimmy05: I feel your pain brotherly. But we need to move on.

The lessons of the past can never be forgotten. angry

When I see Awolowo in hell, I'm fhucking up that greesy muthafuker for reals. angry

9 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 14, 2014
YORUBA KWENU!!! the relationship would be better IF the igbos can give us the honour we deserve--- our superiority over them .

14 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by soldierdollar(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2014
checkdate: I Dont Understand.

Upon say u quote everything

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by boombay(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2014
sh*t happenz!
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Damyion: Nwosu, gbe enu re soun joor!
Me?? Mee si onu yourself dier... You diz Mugu

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2014
fr3do:

intellectual prowess my yansh!
Ndiofe are just overrated because of prof, come to my school Uniben, Igbos always come out best.
Where were they when the GEJ scholarship examination happened out of the 100 slots on offer how many did they get. The Yorubas took nearly half of everything. We are not talking bout exams where it is cheating galore but where there is no room for cheating
As far as entrepreneurship is concerned ,please !!! they are good at buying and selling especially things that they d not produce nd after many years make no effort to produce e.g electronics and spare parts except to fake. If you are looking for entrepreneurs in Nigeria the Hausa are at the top and they do so very unobtrusively unlike our unruly friends. In this I make a distinction from Fulanis who are no so much into business. Having said that their cattle business is one of the biggest in the country. As far as Yorubas in business are concerned well you only need look at the stock market ,the capital market,oil and gas ,insurance Telecommunications etc. Business is not about how many containers you bring into the country there is a lot more to it than that. We know them for Okrika clothes and fake spare parts not for Manufacturing or oil and gas or mobile phone companies etc .We also know them for noise making Orji Kalu(always "exploding"wink, Rochas etc empty vessels

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus:

The lessons of the past can never be forgotten. angry

When I see Awolowo in hell, I'm fhucking up that greesy muthafuker for reals. angry
Ojukwu , zik are also in hell , my brother

13 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Truckpusher(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2014
ShirelleBaby: WHO IS WIN?brother,I give up!!
You give up too easily ,but when he becomes the next Dangote I bet you'd mind tongue
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2014
itsIYKE: why dnt u go sip on a plate of ur slimy death concotion calld ewedu sh1t..till u cme to ur senses
See this grass munching ruminant talking about soups, your forefathers fed on lizards and roaches. I'm sure that gene got to your brains grin grin

16 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by boombay(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2014
BESIDES THE OWNER OF THIS GREAT FORUM SITE IS A YORUBA DUDE

I NO TALK ANYTHING OHgrin

12 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Femiii: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Damyion: Nwosu, gbe enu re soun joor!
lol....jst can't help it, laughing hard.i love nairaland peeps

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
itsIYKE: If there is honour 4 cowardliness then thats the only thing u deserve....chickens
guy hide your foolishness lipsrsealed
itsIYKE: If there is honour 4 cowardliness then thats the only thing u deserve....chickens
guy hide your foolishness

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by elected(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
This is where Nigerian women are wiser. They don't take part in this discussion. I was with an Ibo guy yesterday(Sunday)who had a biafra badge on his shirt and a biafra flag in his car. After much argument with other people trying to convince everyone, how necessary Biafra fight is. Then he turned to a girl who happened to be an igbo girl too.but the girl refused to say anything and of course, she is a prety girl planning her wedding with an Edo boy. This is not the first time I hv seen that.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.